Metagame ZeroUsed Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apagogie

Zee you later
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok so idk if FEAR is considered uncompetitive, but I've been playing ZU since it was OMotM and I'd had moderate success with FEAR Sub-Seeder Cottonee. (Not a full FEAR team, but one FEAR mon can catch your opponent off-guard and Cottonee can chip away at potential threats with relative ease) However, due to the prominence of Liepard and Torterra (Liepard being immune to Prankster and Tort to Leech Seed) it was sometimes too much of a dead-weight.

However, with these mons gone and the highest ranked Grass type mon being Tangela (lol), Cottonee has seen much greater success lately.

The Set:

Cottonee
Level 1
Focus Sash

Leech Seed
Substitute
Endeavour
Encore

Ok so the strat is pretty self-explanatory but I'll explain it a little because the set is optimised for almost any situation provided hazards are gone and you can switch Cottonee in.

So let's assume for argument's sake your opponent has no Grass or Dark types on their team, then the easiest option is to lead with Cottonee. This circumvents the issue of hazards potentially getting in the way.

Anyway, when Cottonee switches in, beit on turn 1, 2 or 85, it's first play will always be leech seed. Then, its second play is always sub. If the opponent switches out, you are behind a sub and can leech seed their switched in mon the next turn. In this way you will ALWAYS get Sub-Seed up. (SR support is helpful, to discourage frivilous switching, but not necessary as switching doesn't break the strat. Plus, Endeavour is a thing.)

Because Cottonee is level 1 leech seed will always restore it back to full. From here you spam Sub until the opponent does something other than attack. (Either that or they switch out or faint: simple as that.)

Only when you have Leech Seed AND Substitute up can you use either Endeavour or Encore.

Say you are in this optimal position and your opponent goes for an SD. Then you encore next turn. Simple.

Alternatively you can Endeavour them, (and generally Endeavour is less situational than Encore) but there is a pit fall here that I myself have fallen for before. If you Endeavour (bringing them down to like, 2%) and then they break your Sub/you Endeavour without Subs up, then Leech Seed will only restore what ever tiny portion of their health is left, ie: it will not bring you back to full so that's something to watch out for.

I don't have any replays atm, but if anyone is interested then I can jump on the ladder. (Edit: Jump on the ladder to get some replays)

Thoughts?
It's an interesting strategy but unfortunately it's only work in low ladder. FEAR surprise people who dont know how it works but once you face people who understand how to deal with that, your fear mon will be more like a deadweight than an useful help against the opponent's team. You can still play that to have fun in laddering but it's not really a competitive strat.

Have fun playing the tier !

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
Ok so idk if FEAR is considered uncompetitive, but I've been playing ZU since it was OMotM and I'd had moderate success with FEAR Sub-Seeder Cottonee. (Not a full FEAR team, but one FEAR mon can catch your opponent off-guard and Cottonee can chip away at potential threats with relative ease) However, due to the prominence of Liepard and Torterra (Liepard being immune to Prankster and Tort to Leech Seed) it was sometimes too much of a dead-weight.

However, with these mons gone and the highest ranked Grass type mon being Tangela (lol), Cottonee has seen much greater success lately.

The Set:

Cottonee
Level 1
Focus Sash

Leech Seed
Substitute
Endeavour
Encore

Ok so the strat is pretty self-explanatory but I'll explain it a little because the set is optimised for almost any situation provided hazards are gone and you can switch Cottonee in.

So let's assume for argument's sake your opponent has no Grass or Dark types on their team, then the easiest option is to lead with Cottonee. This circumvents the issue of hazards potentially getting in the way.

Anyway, when Cottonee switches in, beit on turn 1, 2 or 85, it's first play will always be leech seed. Then, its second play is always sub. If the opponent switches out, you are behind a sub and can leech seed their switched in mon the next turn. In this way you will ALWAYS get Sub-Seed up. (SR support is helpful, to discourage frivilous switching, but not necessary as switching doesn't break the strat. Plus, Endeavour is a thing.)

Because Cottonee is level 1 leech seed will always restore it back to full. From here you spam Sub until the opponent does something other than attack. (Either that or they switch out or faint: simple as that.)

Only when you have Leech Seed AND Substitute up can you use either Endeavour or Encore.

Say you are in this optimal position and your opponent goes for an SD. Then you encore next turn. Simple.

Alternatively you can Endeavour them, (and generally Endeavour is less situational than Encore) but there is a pit fall here that I myself have fallen for before. If you Endeavour (bringing them down to like, 2%) and then they break your Sub/you Endeavour without Subs up, then Leech Seed will only restore what ever tiny portion of their health is left, ie: it will not bring you back to full so that's something to watch out for.

I don't have any replays atm, but if anyone is interested then I can jump on the ladder. (Edit: Jump on the ladder to get some replays)

Thoughts?
To add onto what Union Caboche has said, Cottonee has no way to beat opposing Grass-types (which is more than just Tangela btw... Leafeon, Silvally-Grass, Shiftry, etc.), nor will it be able to do anything once entry hazards or an opposing attack breaks its Focus Sash. This means Cottonee can only be brought in when hazards are removed and when a teammate has fainted, which with all of the offensive pressure in the metagame right now, is too overbearing for Cottonee to come in and realistically do anything. Therefore, it is highly improbable that Cottonee or any other FEAR related strategy would be ranked on our Viability Rankings or do accomplish anything in battle.

It's an interesting strategy but unfortunately it's only work in low ladder. FEAR surprise people who dont know how it works but once you face people who understand how to deal with that, your fear mon will be more like a deadweight than an useful help against the opponent's team. You can still play that to have fun in laddering but it's not really a competitive strat.

Have fun playing the tier !

To add onto what Union Caboche has said, Cottonee has no way to beat opposing Grass-types (which is more than just Tangela btw... Leafeon, Silvally-Grass, Shiftry, etc.), nor will it be able to do anything once entry hazards or an opposing attack breaks its Focus Sash. This means Cottonee can only be brought in when hazards are removed and when a teammate has fainted, which with all of the offensive pressure in the metagame right now, is too overbearing for Cottonee to come in and realistically do anything. Therefore, it is highly improbable that Cottonee or any other FEAR related strategy would be ranked on our Viability Rankings or do accomplish anything in battle.
Lol I wasn't asking for it to be added to the VR, that would be dumb. And ofc ik there are more grass types than just Tangela. :P
Anyway, this was just a fun gimmick: but imo it's more viable in practise than it is on paper, but that's just me.
It's not like FEAR Rattata, where if you know that strat you can counter it; if your opponent has no priority and you have defog support than it can put in work. Anyway, I get what you're saying. Thanks for the feedback :)

Edit: On phone rn and connection is bad, so soooo sorry sent post too early...

Last edited:
So, with Kabutops joining the tier, and rain already being a threat, what do you guys think of choice scarf electrode? It might seem overkill, but it's one of few Pokemon in the tier that can outspeed and revenge kill Kabutops under rain. It can still outspeed with a modest nature, which also outspeeds Golduck (not sure if people use swift swim or cloud nine though, because I just play casually).

Oh, and a question about Mr. Mime. The VR says that Soundproof can be replaced with Filter if you have a Chatot check (like the orb mentioned above). I was thinking of using technician instead, for HP Fire, which dunks on several steel types, like Bronzor, Klang, and Metang. I understand shadow ball hits two of these nearly as hard, but isn't fire preferred for other steel types? Is it worth it?

So, with Kabutops joining the tier, and rain already being a threat, what do you guys think of choice scarf electrode? It might seem overkill, but it's one of few Pokemon in the tier that can outspeed and revenge kill Kabutops under rain. It can still outspeed with a modest nature, which also outspeeds Golduck (not sure if people use swift swim or cloud nine though, because I just play casually).

Oh, and a question about Mr. Mime. The VR says that Soundproof can be replaced with Filter if you have a Chatot check (like the orb mentioned above). I was thinking of using technician instead, for HP Fire, which dunks on several steel types, like Bronzor, Klang, and Metang. I understand shadow ball hits two of these nearly as hard, but isn't fire preferred for other steel types? Is it worth it?
If you really want to run a dedicated anti-rain tech, then just run Scarf Abomasnow. It has significantly more utility outside of the anti-rain role as well as being far more consistent at stopping it.

Mr. Mime could theoretically run Technician, but Chatot has gotten significantly better as it lost its best check in Probopass. I personally wouldn't run anything but soundproof at this point.

Team: https://pokepast.es/e923b17fea3811c8

Hello ZU! Today I hosted our now biweekly Community Create a Team and we decided to build around Huntail. Huntail is a cool Shell Smasher who really benefited from Poliwrath leaving our tier but continues to struggle due to its difficulty in breaking bulky water types like Silvally-W and being slower than scarfed rotom even at +2. To compensate for this we added our new drop kecleon who matches up well with both Rotom-Frost and special Silvally variants that arent running toxic. We decided to go with Golem as our rocks setter to get both an electric immunity, a toxic user, and our stealth rocks, which are very important for wearing down fast potential scarfs such as Rotom-Frost and Electivire so that they can get into +2 sucker punch range from Huntail. For additional Electric immunity as well as speed control and a general heavy hitter to poke holes in teams and set up our sweep, we went with a scarfed Electivire. Huntail also really benefits from the pivoting that scarf Evire can bring to a team as it can give it opportunities to set up on some defensive switch ins to Evire. The team rounded out with Sub Calm Mind Grumpig to give us a secondary win condition as well as silvally-grass to help with our rampant ground weakness and to give us defog. Defog is slashed on the set because toxic is very good against switch ins to silvally like kecleon and rocks are very important to this team so clicking defog may not always be optimal. That being said no defog makes toxic spikes very threating as you'll see in the Replays so weigh your options carefully on the slashed moves. Here is the final version of the team https://pokepast.es/e923b17fea3811c8 . As far as sets go, everything is fairly standard. The Speed EVs on kecleon outspeed uninvested base 50s, namely LickiLicky. The golem EV spread is meant to guarantee a kill on pawniard with the small attack investment as well as to speed creep other golems in the ditto as you can see in the replays below.Special thanks to everyone who came in and weighed in with an opinion and putting up with my inexperience running something like this. There were some hiccups but I think we all had an enjoyable time.

Lastly Diagnostic was kind enough to play a best of 3 against me using our current 3 sample teams.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-778277452 game 1 Vs Trick Room (I brought the wrong Kecleon rip me but it worked out)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-778283815 game 2 vs Rain (Showcasing that this team is fairly kabutops weak, but also just how terrifying that pokemon is at the moment)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-778287202 game 3 vs sample number 3 that I dont really know what to call.

Sadly I wasn't able to Showcase Huntail all that well, but I'll blame my own inexperience with shell smash sweeping and hope that you can have more success.

Last edited:

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
to hopefully encourage others to share fun / creative / unexplored sets that they've been enjoying, i'm gonna dump two sets i've been liking on one of the new drops: kecleon.

kecleon.gif

Kecleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 88 SpA / 168 Spe
Mild Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Knock Off

a bit on the more underexplored end of things, but mixed kecleon is actually a fairly threatening for most teams to face, as it possesses coverage for many balance / bulky offense figureheads like golem, silvally-water, grumpig, and tangela and has protean to back it up by making the coverage boosted by STAB. the EV spread can be whatever you want / need it to be, i just wanted this particular spread to guaranteed OHKO physically defensive tangela with fire blast while outpacing volbeat (not the greatest speed tier to hit, but it ended up helping during testing).

kecleon.gif

Kecleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Color Change
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Recover

this one's kinda weird, but specially defensive kecleon makes for a decent user of stealth rock that can set them up semi-consistently due to its good bulk and recover as well as pressure most defog users with the combination of knock off + toxic. still being able to take on special attackers like rotom-f is cool, and color change can potentially allow for more opportunities to switch in.

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not all council votes are in yet but the result can no longer be changed! For this vote, DurzaOffTopic was introduced as our ninth council member!
Diagnostic: Ban
Xayah: Abstain
5gen: Do not ban
Aaronboyer: Ban
DurzaOffTopic: Ban
Froasty: Ban
Pinktidal: Ban
Rennyjesus: Did not vote yet
Slar Flar: Ban
Diagnostic: Ban
Xayah: Abstain
5gen: Ban
Aaronboyer: Ban
DurzaOffTopic: Ban
Froasty: Ban
Pinktidal: Ban
Rennyjesus: Did not vote yet
Slar Flar: Do not ban

Therefore, Ursaring and Kabutops are now banned from ZU with a minimum 66.7% majority for both!

Tagging The Immortal and Kris to implement this on our ladder. Thanks everyone for your participation!

Last edited:
Dramatic tier shifts made me interested in ZU again as I disliked some metagame-defining mons such as pyuku and torterra.

I tried running stall as I wanted to see how underwhelming it would be without pyuku.
http://pokepast.es/515b6b2952aaa620
It worked better than I expected but still had problems with strong offensive threats, especially with set up sweepers carrying substitute.

Some replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-780984680
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-780995883
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-780999401

I'm interested to see how the meta develops now that several top threats have left ZU and some overlooked mons may have a chance to shine.

This is my first post ever, sorry if it's formatted weirdly or something.
d61e16a47dcbc52229f3c2ca543e2ce551adca18_00.gif

Quilava: Unranked --> C-/C/C+
Now before you disregard this post because I am not the most skilled player or because it's weird, hear me out.

Set:

Quilava @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Grass]

With scarf this thing is faster than everything in the meta except like scarf Rotom, scarf Electivire and scarf Rapidash pretty much. Also, this thing hits extremely hard, with a base 150 stab eruption being able to 2hko and ohko a lot of mons.

252+ SpA Quilava Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Monferno: 162-191 (60.2 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Quilava Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mr. Mime: 166-196 (75.1 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Quilava Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Chatot: 382-450 (130.3 - 153.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Quilava Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Golem: 296-352 (81.3 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Quilava Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 220 SpD Golem: 224-264 (61.5 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Quilava Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pinsir: 522-614 (192.6 - 226.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Quilava Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Crustle: 246-291 (87.5 - 103.5%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Quilava Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Silvally-Fighting: 204-240 (61.6 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Quilava Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Eviolite Bronzor: 260-308 (81.7 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Quilava Extrasensory vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Mareanie: 156-184 (51.4 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Quilava Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Metang: 312-368 (96.2 - 113.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Quilava Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 888-1048 (276.6 - 326.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Quilava Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mawile: 624-734 (205.2 - 241.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

(These calcs don't even account for rocks)
With this mon you're mostly gonna wanna spam eruption, Extrasensory is only to hit Mareanie and hp grass is so hit silv waters and any other water types not 2hkoed by eruption. pretty much you use this mon aggressively and double a lot and continuously force your opponent to sack things, pretty much how you'd play any other wall breaker like ursa.

Counters/checks to this thing include Grumpig, Muk, Vigo, Silv water, AV Kecleon, AV Bouffalant and most water types, among others, although some of these can be 2hkoed if whittled down with rocks and other damage. For example, eruption does 34% to 40% damage to cursetalk specially defensive Muk, which means it's not a switch in if rock are up and it's at 80% or less, and it's quite easy to whittle it down to that amount of health without forcing rest. Same goes for Vigo, AV Kecleon, AV Bouffalant, and Silv water, although Grumpig is a pretty hard counter to it unfortunately.

There is one more huge flaw to this mon I haven't mentioned yet, and it is stealth rocks. Not just is it weak to stealth rocks, but also because of the way the move eruption works, the less health Quilava has, the less damage eruption will do, and even after switching in to stealth rock just once, it loses a lot of its breaking power, because at 76% eruption has 114 base power rather than 150, which is still more than fire blast but it's a lot less damage nonetheless. It's a damage reduction of nearly 50% when you account for STAB. This means that you need to prioritize not having rocks on your side over using stealth rock, although that is also quite crucial as well as you may have seen from the last paragraph. Generally, hazard control is super important when this thing is on your team.

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-781257510 (Lost this one cause I missed 2 fire blasts in a row and also because I played horribly at the end, but Quilava put in a lot of work nonetheless)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-781485254 (Not that great of a replay)

These replays aren't the best, but I hope they can show how Quilava can function as a revenge killer/wallbreaker of sorts.

Edit: Just wanted to paste the team, although I doubt anyone would use it because it's pretty bad and I'm not the best teambuilder
https://pokepast.es/fe92d9b7b3818d9e

Last edited:
Since theres no simple questions thread ill just ask here

What happened to all the vigoroth suspect wagon? Not saying its broken just surprised it died down. Did the meta adapt to it? And if so how did it? I never see it anymore

Also thoughts on spdef corsola in this meta? Corsola is complete ass but has two big niches as far as i can tell. Keeps rocks up against silvally water fairly easily (most common defogger) cause max spa tbolt do 35-40%, and its a hard to chip counter to chatot. Can anyone recommend best partners for it?

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Since theres no simple questions thread ill just ask here

What happened to all the vigoroth suspect wagon? Not saying its broken just surprised it died down. Did the meta adapt to it? And if so how did it? I never see it anymore
As you said, the metagame mostly adapted to it, or rather just isn't very kind to it. We have a very offensive meta with loads of pivot moves like U-turn and Volt Switch on every team, which means Vigo has a really hard time actually setting up (yea you can switch into a Rotom-Frost or a Silvally but then they VoltTurn and you're staring down a Monferno). In addition, Monferno has only been getting better and stall has been dying down, which results in bad stuff for Vigoroth.

Also thoughts on spdef corsola in this meta? Corsola is complete ass but has two big niches as far as i can tell. Keeps rocks up against silvally water fairly easily (most common defogger) cause max spa tbolt do 35-40%, and its a hard to chip counter to chatot. Can anyone recommend best partners for it?
Corsola may seem appealing but it faces a bit too much competition as a bulky water without really bringing that much to the table itself. Countering Chatot is kinda cool until you realize it can viably run HP Grass to hit Golem which also nails Corsola. Keeping rocks up against Watervally isn't even entirely true considering it can run Toxic just fine and it can also U-turn out into something that threatens you to prevent rocks.
As far as partners go, the most important thing is that you take care of Frosttom, Monferno (and other Fighting-types) and Grass-types, so something along the lines of Grumpig and maybe Abomasnow can work.

Thanks for answering, good points with all except i disagree with a few things

Corsola may seem appealing but it faces a bit too much competition as a bulky water without really bringing that much to the table itself.
That i agree off, running corsola restricts u from running another water and double water is bad but i disagree it doesnt bring that much, a sr setter with recovery is pretty nice

Countering Chatot is kinda cool until you realize it can viably run HP Grass to hit Golem which also nails Corsola.
Good call, i forgot since probopass is gone it can viably run grass instead of fighting. i just didnt encounter one with it yet

Small nitpick here
Keeping rocks up against Watervally isn't even entirely true considering it can run Toxic just fine and it can also U-turn out into something that threatens you to prevent rocks.
Bcz this applies to EVERY rocker not corsola only. Besides this is the point which why i think it shines, since u-turn + rocks damage on another rocker like golem or kecleon adds up pretty quickly after theyre forced out whereas corsola just shurgs it off after switching

Also if silvally water runs toxic its forgoing a coverage move which is in ur advantage since it will lack coverage/pivot move. It actually it can afford to stay in too to toxic it back because of no immediate threat in tbolt (unless its running defog/toxic/tbolt/surf, which is not a set ive seen)

So this isnt baseless theorymon ill experiment with corsola a bit more for a week before i do a proper nom

Just wanted to share here a new mon i've been using to some success that wasn't ran much before. Meet this cute little fella. I also got top 3 of ZU ladder with it (Ik it isn't much but it played its part very well)

So you must be thinking this:
Why in the world would you run Baltoy? Let me explain the idea to you.
Are the new popular hazard setters like Mareanie and Golem giving you trouble?
Do you need a mon that can double as a rocker and a spinner that has a better typing that Armaldo, isnt affected by hazards as much and can switch into common rockers like Golem and Gabite?
Say no more.

Baltoy @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power/Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock/Refresh/Ice Beam
- Toxic/Refresh/Ice Beam

The idea is simple. Keep rocks out with Rapid Spin, Earth Power is the STAB of choice considering it hits Mareanie and Golem super effectivelly. Toxic is good to cripple Silvally-* and other mons that may try to come in to remove your Rocks or attackers like Kecleon, Rotom-Frost and Abomasnow (which will most likely come in). Refresh is an option to deal with Toxic/Protect Golem and Toxic Mareanie better. Ice Beam lets you hit Gabite super effectively for big damage while still doing some damage to Golem (which is an option if you dont care about Mareanie much).

Idk if i will suggest any rank for this since it's a very niche pick, but try it out, you won't be disappointed :)

PS: I first posted the wrong set here which was a phys def spread, but that cant break Mareanie and is more meant to be a hard Golem check. I fixed it and posted the max sp.atk set that deals with both Golem and Mareanie better, sorry :P

Last edited:

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello! I wanna share an interesting mon that been putting in some work

Since the tiers hazard removers are horrid here i keep trying new ones every week, until i lately came to chimecho and hes been fun to use

Bell @ Leftovers/Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Recover
- Defog
- Toxic/Heal Bell

So basically chimechos niche is a mon that can defog on sr kecleon, golem and mareanie while being immune to tspikes/spikes

Runs max def to take on golem, and can take on sr kecleon bcz u outspeed and itemless knock doesnt do enough, It also beats mareanie as its immune to tspikes and can force it out with psychic.
252+ Atk Golem Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chimecho: 142-168 (40.1 - 47.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

U beat sr max spdef set since u outspeed and recover but lose to max attack av without colbur

0 Atk Protean Kecleon Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chimecho: 158-188 (44.6 - 53.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Mareanie no need to calc honestly

Which is important for my team as silvally way too easily chipped. Its also not deadweight either since it soft checks some stuff like mr mime, grumpig, monferno, gabite..etc

If u also dont really mind losing to kecleon u can run heal bell for team support and not to lose to toxic/protect golem

Its not all great for it though as its spdef is mediocre uninvested, it reaally hates toxic, its pretty passive, completely walled by bronzor and faces competition from lurantis (beats similar things)

Its pretty niche but it does have its perks, mostly immune to tspikes S̶e̶r̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶b̶a̶n̶ ̶m̶a̶r̶e̶a̶n̶i̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶s̶p̶i̶k̶e̶s̶

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Wanted to share a couple sets I have come up with.

Lickilicky @ Normalium Z
Ability: Oblivious
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Frustration
- Wish
- Protect
- Swords Dance

This is a set that should be used on balance teams. It is just a more offensive oriented Wish Lickilicky, so it still passes Wishes while being able to handle most non set up special attakers. Normialium Z gives it a powerful nuke at +2 giving it the ability to break past things like non Toxic defensive Mawile. It also helps with the Rotom-Frost matchup as it blocks Trick and can beat Sub-Wisp set's with Swords Dance and WishTect. It set's up on a lot of passive things and is just in general really good role compression for Balance in general. Speed out speeds non invested base 60's giving it a better shot against Tangela.

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sludge Wave
- Sucker Punch

Dugtrio does face a lot of competition from is Alolan form, but I still feel this set works better in its original Kanto form as its base 120 speed and pure ground typing makes it a solid wallbreaker as well as giving it a very solid matchup versus offensive teams as it out speeds Zebstrika as well as not speed tying Dugtrio-A, Raichu, and Jumpluff. Earthquake coupled with Stone Edge gives it good type coverage hitting the majority of the tier and with rocks up it can OHKO a lot of offensive threats Rotom-Frost with Stone Edge, non invested Grumpig, Pinsir, ect. The cool part about this set is it can lure in Grass-types with relative ease 2hkoing a good majority of them with Sludge Wave. 36 Special Attack investment lets it 2HKO physically defensive Tangela after Stealth Rock damage 100% of the time. It 2HKO's Leafeon without rocks but does not handle Lurantis very well. It also has the advantage of not being hit super effectively by Monfernos Mach Punch, all in all, I think it's a decent set.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-786373038 Duggy against Aaronboyer

Unfortunately, Rennyjesus and Solar Flare have decided to step down from their council positions. Both of them have been council members since the nostalgic days of ZU and it is sad to see them go, but we greatly appreciate their time and effort placed into this tier. To the both of them, the council and I would like to address this much deserved "thank-you" post for everything you have done and the moments we had as council staff. We wish you the best of luck regarding your future endeavors.
:psycry:

Tuthur

formerly 0-7 in FCL
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Just like for May stats I did a visual:
Jully-Stats.PNG

What changed?
New Pokémon above 3.41%: Mareanie, Silvally-Fighting, Basculin, Prinplup, Raichu, Silvally-Dark, Zebstrika, Dusclops, Carbink, Volbeat, Torkoal, Rampardos, Marowak, Meowstic, Dusknoir, Seaking and Huntail.
Pokémon that aren't anymore above 3.41%: Vigoroth(!!!!!!), Regice(!!!), Roselia, Toucannon, Gourgeist-L, Wishiwashi, Pawniard, Camerupt

Last edited:

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Double posting because usage stats are here! Nothing changed for us, but these stats point towards some massive changes soon (Gourgeist-Super, Silvally-Ghost, Altaria, Swanna, Probopass, Articuno, Golurk, etc.).
alola sandy as well,aboma would get another hail partner :blobastonished:
also shucks could rise as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)