Metagame ZeroUsed Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodAce

Untier Connoisseur
is a Tiering Contributor
So I don't know what's going on but I can't access the ZU ladder, it's not selectable from the Format menu. Could someone help please?
The ladder is not available at this time. We will be getting a permanant ladder very soon , I believe the beginning of November, so just be patient until then. If you have further questions, direct them to the ZU discord or the Showdown room.

Edit: Permanant ladder is available rn on Showdown. Have fun playing ZU!

Last edited:
Some cool sets/cores I have enjoyed in this meta:
simisear.png
+
komala.png

The combination of choice band Komala and taunt nasty plot Simisear is incredibly good at beating stall. Stall has a lot of trouble with both individually, but at least in isolation it has a counter to Komala and can try to pressure Simisear to dissuade it from setting up or try to weaken it so that ditto can ko it back. All that falls apart when Komala u-turns on Gourgiest into Simisear. Gourgiest can do very little to Simisear even if the stall player predicts nasty plot correctly, and generally stall has basically nothing that can switch into Simisear as it plots their demise. Komala can pretty much force switches into Gourgiest, so avoiding this situation is extremely difficult for stall. Floatzel also pairs very well with this duo to crush offense that these two might struggle with.
Komala @ Choice Band
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Simisear @ Firium Z
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- Taunt
(or fire blast if you don't mind missing sometimes)

bellossom.png

With Lurantis gone, many teams are forgoing hard grass counters. They might have some checks to offensive stuff like Leafeon, but bulky boosting grass types are not on people’s radar nearly as much. Bellossom can take advantage of this very well, and is especially good at sweeping offense since things like Floatzel, Komala, Kecleon, and Golem are often set-up fodder for it. Moonblast is also nice for it to beat Altaria. Bellossom can just win games out of nowhere, so I’d recommend giving it a shot. (Grassium-Z is generally used with strength sap to give +1 defense if you haven’t seen the set before. It can also be used with giga drain for a 140 power grass move. Evs outpace Monferno at +1.)
Bellossom @ Grassium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Strength Sap

Edit: For some reason I thought max speed timid Bellossom was slower than base 95, but its actually faster than everything up to base 99 speed. Losing power is somewhat unfortunate, but outpacing Swanna, Electivire, and Silvally at +1 is probably worth the drop in power. Modified set reflects the change. Also note that the Moonblast slot is flexible. Sludge bomb, safeguard, substitute, and hidden power fire are all decent options.

toucannon.png

At first, I thought that Toucannon would be completely overshadowed by Komala since the two are so similar, but I was surprised to find out that this isn’t the case. STAB Brave Bird lets Toucannon beat Komala’s best counter, Gourgiest. This lets Toucannon really create havoc vs teams that patch up their Komala weakness with Gourgiest. Bulllet seed is also really cool to ko golem through sturdy as well as destroy any water type. I have had the most success with a Choice Band set, but swords dance, Life Orb four attacks, swords dance Flyinium-Z, and Choice Scarf all seem like good options.
Toucannon @ Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Last edited:

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the Smogon Dex just untiered every Pokemon that wasn't PU by usage. I'm asking out kf curiosity, but does this mean that ZU is becoming an actual metagame soon? :psysly:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the Smogon Dex just untiered every Pokemon that wasn't PU by usage. I'm asking out kf curiosity, but does this mean that ZU is becoming an actual metagame soon? :psysly:
ZU IS getting analyses. I assume Untiered will get renamed to ZU later on, like how Anything Goes is another OM with actual Pokemon listed in it (Well, one, but still). As for official tier status, I'm not TOO too sure at the moment. The inclusion of ZUBLs like Jynx and Ursaring in Untiered though raises some eyebrows and could cast doubt into an official ZU, at least right now.

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There is currently no indication of ZU becoming official anytime soon. Recent changes have been made to accomodate us, such as the categorization of ZU and ZUBL Pokemon as (PU) and our ladder becoming permanent, but the people that support us like that are not the same ones that decide if we become official or not. So regardless of how much I appreciate it, it is not a reason to assume we will soon become official.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I untiered them because the PU deg page was a worthless resource with over half of the Pokemon being completely unviable. Any new player looking there was more likely to hit upon Slaking or Ampharos than actual viable Pokemon like Mesprit. The new change is simply to make it a better competitive resource, and the decision was made completely independent of ZU.
e: also notice how everything in untiered is ZU, but there's plenty of ZU pokes still in the PU section because that wasn't the selection criteria used.

Last edited:

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
I untiered them because the PU deg page was a worthless resource with over half of the Pokemon being completely unviable. Any new player looking there was more likely to hit upon Slaking or Ampharos than actual viable Pokemon like Mesprit. The new change is simply to make it a better competitive resource, and the decision was made completely independent of ZU.
e: also notice how everything in untiered is ZU, but there's plenty of ZU pokes still in the PU section because that wasn't the selection criteria used.
There is currently no indication of ZU becoming official anytime soon. Recent changes have been made to accomodate us, such as the categorization of ZU and ZUBL Pokemon as (PU) and our ladder becoming permanent, but the people that support us like that are not the same ones that decide if we become official or not. So regardless of how much I appreciate it, it is not a reason to assume we will soon become official.
That makes sense. Thank you, guys. :)

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Sample teams submissions are open again. Generally speaking we accept teams that represent the meta well, are fairly straightforward to use, and are successful in the current metagame. If you think you have a sample worthy team, feel free to post it here along with a team description, or PM it to a council member.

Just listened to FunBot28's video and wanted to say that stall can beat Regigigas if it brings Rest Mawile or Rest Gourgiest-Super. Rest as a fourth move on Gourgiest-Super isn't that bad otherwise and pretty much completely eliminates the problem of Regigigas sweeping stall. Stall can also beat Regigigas with other more niche pokemon or combinations of pokemon like a Parting Shot Silvally, Avalugg, Bulky Regenerator Pokémon, and Rest Crustle.

Xayah

San Bwanna
It's been one year, but I am officially stepping down from my roles as ZU Tier Leader and Room Owner. I no longer have the time to put into the tier that I'd like to and prefer to entrust the tier to 5gen and Diagnostic. I'll be around playing in tours and the like and hope to see this tier continue to grow!

ZU Player Interviews #2: Xayah
Most Known For: Former TL
Welcome to ZU Player Interviews, where I, DurzaOffTopic (also known as pitches), will interview key players in the ZeroUsed community. Keep contributing to the community or make a splash in the tournament scene and maybe you could see yourself being interviewed!
Favorite Pokémon: SLEEPY BOI

----------------
Tell us a bit about yourself.

I am a 20 year old Dutch mathematics student that got into Pokemon several years ago. Otherwise I play badminton and have been branching out into a wide variety of games; Danganronpa, Celeste, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Overcooked 2 are all amazing and I've spent years playing League of Legends.

What is your name's origin?
Speaking of League of Legends. Xayah is a character in the game released in April 2017 at the same time as Rakan and I fell in love instantly. My buddy Rakan, known as Omicron at the time, wanted to change his name and I suggested to change our names to Xayah and Rakan because we loved the characters.

We'd love to hear some background information about your interest into Pokemon. What brought you to Pokemon Showdown and competitive Pokemon in general?
Pokemon was my life for like... years. I loved the anime as a child and Pokemon Diamond (I was like 8 when I got this) was what I sunk 90% of my time into for like a year. I've played every game since and completed a living dex in ORAS. The first time I discovered PS was back in 2011 via the Youtube channel Adamant Ditto (which is what AD stands for, for those of you who knew me as AD Thunderboy) and I wanted to try it out. I was your typical low ladder Ubers player with no status moves and 6 random legends but w/e. Eventually I took a break and returned in August 2016 to play some LC for a Youtube series (now dead), tried to reserve Whismur, and somehow became relevant. I still don't know how that happened.

What attracted you to ZU? Whats your background in the tier before you were a TL?
Well I became TL two months after playing my first game so I didn't have a long history, but hey. I originally joined ZU because I was making an Ursaring video and with help of Froasty and 5gen I built a TR team around it (tried Webs first, it was bad). TR became sorta my thing for about a month and I was the main driving force for Crabominable to get banned when I got a spot on rotating council. I got council as soon as we got out of beta because our tier was so small that any really active players were welcome on it, and when Chinese Pooh Bear stepped down and USM was released, I became TL.

What else do you do around Smogon besides ZU?
I used to write LC analyses and am still a QC member there, and I'm currently hosting the Little Cup World Cup. I've played some Ubers and some RU with friends but eh not too much. The last year has really mostly been ZU and I think it's worked out.

What is your favorite playstyle? What generation do you like the most?
Offense, definitely. Maybe balance, but nah, I definitely prefer playing offense. As I said, I used to really like TR and while I've shifted away from really hyper offensive styles like that, I still enjoy playing things like VoltTurn and I think it fits well in this meta too.

Are there any elements of the metagame that you deem unhealthy?
I know it's controversial, but this is truly the first meta ever where my answer to this is no. I still consider Frosttom to be absolutely busted but it's gone now so that's cool. SLEEPY BOI and Floatzel both have controversy surrounding them due to how hard they are to hard answer defensively, especially SLEEPY BOI, but I think their offensive counterplay is plentiful enough to keep them out of broken territory. I was actually considering making a really long post about this but ended up not doing this due to lack of time.

What is your the most memorable game of ZU?
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-736067240
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-736070588
Yeah yeah, "That's two games! And really old!" who cares. These were the two games I played way back in ZU Open against Sam I Yam and are some of the highest quality games I've played (even if they seem kinda meh now, this used to be top notch). This was also in a time when ZU had just gotten onto smogon and was growing really quickly so it was all around just really, really cool. The series ended up getting decided on a coinflip by the way, for those curious, as we didn't have time for a third game and didn't find a time to reschedule (I lost the flip).

What do you value the most from your time as ZU Tier Leader?
I can't answer that. Seeing the community grow the way it has is the first thing that comes to mind: in the past year, we went from a dead forum and a dead room on a side server to being one of the biggest OMs and having a public room on PS. That's been awesome to witness, but do I really value it the most? I don't know. Working with 5gen for a year and with Diagnostic for half of one has been amazing too, and seeing the council work together, seeing people develop as drivers, seeing the metagame develop from 'Mane > Frosttom' to... whatever we're in now, it's been amazing.

You also managed in the Other Metagames Snake Draft. Any takeaways from the tour and anything you’d like to say regarding OMSD?
Finchinator is the GOAT.
Real talk, I know the Top Kekleons didn't do great, but working with Quantum Tesseract was fun and I think we exceeded expectations. It was a lot of fun to build with players like LightPinkYoshi and Finch and really, even the ability to see ZU in a tour like this. Honestly one of the most fun experiences with the tier yet and I'm looking forward to seeing it in tours like OMWC/OMPL/OMSD again. I don't know if I'll be picked up, but hey, it was fun.
Also Flareon sucks, suck it DurzaOffTopic.

What are your advice for new players getting into ZU?
By far the most important thing is to not think 'ZU is the lowest tier so the shit of the shit is viable.' Basically, no, Delibird is not good. This extends to mons like Spritzee, which yes have a niche, but it doesn't make them worth using. It's a difficult but important distinction to make and one that I see lots of newer players struggle with. Still though, I think innovation is more than welcome, just please also realize when a mon is just... bad.

Please share a set that you think is the most underrated and a set that is the most overrated in ZU.

- Underrated:
Silvally-Ice @ Ice Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Shoutouts JdRDMS. Sure, it's not the SD set he kept coming up with, but when building for ZUBF w1 I finally caved and tried out Silvally-Ice. The meta right now is really (and I mean really) nice to Ice-types, so I figured one that can pivot out or Flamethrower the sole common Ice resist in Bronzor could be kinda nice. Yeah, it gets walled by fat SLEEPY BOI and other SpDef stuff and no it's not gonna break Bronzor instantly, but it's not as bad as people think.
I also still need to try Silvally-Bug.

- Overrated:
SLEEPY BOI (Komala) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

"But, Xayah, you're like half the reason this set is popular at all." Yeah, you're not wrong. I advocated for this set a lot when SLEEPY BOI just dropped, but I really don't think it's as good as it used to be anymore. Gourgeist-XL is everywhere now and while that can largely be attributed to the presence of this set, it still makes it a lot worse as it's just never getting through. Currently I think the WishTect set is definitely better and the AV set is about on par with it as they're so much less prediction reliant. After all, clicking EQ when you expect Golem to come in and them switching into their Rotom-Fan instead isn't fun.

Would you provide us with a team and add a brief description of it?
Yeah sure. This is the team I used in ZUBF w1 and the one with Silvally-Ice on it (except I added shitty nicknames). I was tempted to pick this Leafeon set as my underrated one, but I figured Silv fit slightly better. Anyway, being able to set up to +1 everything and +3 everything on the super fat meta we have right now is really cool and it's really easy to sweep when you speed tie EVire (and it can't kill you unless FThrower) and outspeed Mr. Mime. Seriously a massive threat, use it. The rest of the team is just a super offensive VoltTurn squad with a Silv-Ice because lol every Leafeon counter gets beaten by it.

weed (Leafeon) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Celebrate
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off

JdRDMS (Silvally-Ice) @ Ice Memory
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

komalalokki (Komala) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin

kondobra (Kadabra) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Counter
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

wired (Electivire) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Punch
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Volt Switch

dwayne (Golem) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Finally, who are some of your favorite people in the ZU Community?
For one, everyone I have tagged already in this message for reasons I have explained in this section. Otherwise I wanna give shoutouts to the two council members I haven't yet tagged (Aaronboyer jklioe) because you guys work hard as fuck as deserve it. I wanna specifically call out Aleccat too because you're definitely our hardest working driver, but I would definitely mention every driver if I felt like making this message longer. komalalokki and kay definitely have to be mentioned as well, I'm very thankful for your help. Also, even though you're not really in the ZU community, Merritt has been tremendous support in the LC discord, so shoutouts to him. Other people, you know who you are.

Thanks for letting me interview you, Xayah. Anything you want to leave the community with?
I've led this place for a year and am absolutely not happy that I'm leaving my spot now, but I don't really have a choice, real life got in the way. I am well aware that I did not do this alone and I don't mean to imply that in anyway, but this place is like a child. I get that that sounds weird, but it has been a major project for a long time and I've seen it 'grow up', if you will. As such, I wouldn't be leaving it if I didn't trust its current leadership completely. Just because I'm leaving doesn't mean any of the momentum is gonna stop. So please, just keep playing and having fun, and then I will be happy too.

Thank you for your time and dedication to the community Xayah! actually screw u for your shoutout

More interviews will be coming soon!

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
ZU Secret Santa!

The ZU Secret Santa project is extremely similar to most Secret Santas, where you anonymously give and receive a gift. In the context of ZU, these gifts are ZU teams built around a certain Pokemon or core that you choose! Think of it like multiple Teambuilding Workshops going on at once with cores you help decide. If you are interested and would like to participate, send me a private message on Smogon (through Conversations, click on Inbox...) and describe what core you would like someone to build around for you! If you don't PM me on Smogon (Don't PM me on Discord or PS!) I'll assume you aren't wanting to participate. Keep in mind that by signing up for this project that you will be building a team using someone else's chosen core. If you aren't going to be hold up to your end of the deal by creating a team, please don't sign up, as that would only make this project less enjoyable for others. Once the signup deadline has been reached, you will get a message back from me describing the core someone else has requested that you'll need to build around. When you're finished, you will reveal the team here in this thread and tag the user that asked for that core to be made into a team! What else could put us into the ZU holiday spirit?

General Rules

• Requests must be sent to me via PM here on the Smogon Forums, and the Finished Team must be posted here in this thread. Trying to contact me or the person you've made the team for on Discord or Pokemon Showdown is insufficient.
  • Don't tell anyone what request you've gotten nor what you've sent. This is a Secret Santa project for a reason...
  • You may change your request at any time, until signups are over. However, once the deadline has been reached, your core submission will be locked in and you can no longer change it.
  • Get your team done! As already stated, don't join if you can't actually finish your team in time. There is someone else trying hard to finish the team that you have requested, so try to respect their efforts as well as the person whose request you received.
  • Just as a reminder, a core is made up of 2-3 Pokemon at the most. You can also choose to ask for one specific Pokemon, ask for a specific playstyle (ex. I've asked strictly for a Gravity HO team in the past), or you can just openly ask for any kind of team.
  • Lastly, please don't be afraid to join in. Even if you don't think your team building skills are good enough, this is supposed to be a fun project that explores all sorts of different cores, playstyles, and a team structures. If you really would like some help, I or another staff member would be more than welcome to help you!

The Deadline for Signing Up is December 6th, 9pm EST.

Also please don't post in, just PM me if you want to join, that'll be enough...

Last edited:
After playing zu best friend tournament with my best friend xujing691691 , I would like to share some sets that I used in this tour.
657Frogadier_Dream.png
Frogadier @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt
- Low Kick
- Toxic Spikes
When I first test out the team, I think t-spikes would be a dangerous technique to pressure a lot of teams that rely on Silvally to remove their hazards. But later I discovered that when I run hydro on the frog, Komala always comes in and spin the hazard if I don't have any ghost-type pokemon to stop Komala from doing so. So I come up with this fightinium-z low kick to solve this issue. This physical attack Frogadier can lure and snipe HUGE threats such as Komala, Kecleon, and Lickilicky n stuff. Almost every time facing a Komala team, I can put up a t-spike, kill Komala instantly and keep the hazard forever if I don't defog it. Here's the damage calc.
252 Atk Protean Frogadier All-Out Pummeling (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Komala: 468-552 (140.1 - 165.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Protean Frogadier All-Out Pummeling (160 BP) vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Kecleon: 440-518 (144.7 - 170.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Protean Frogadier All-Out Pummeling (160 BP) vs. 168 HP / 4 Def Lickilicky: 342-404 (84.8 - 100.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Taunt is for stopping the mareanie putting up tspikes, pressure bronzor, and prevent silvally from defoging. Hydro serves to hit bulky rock-type like crustle and golem which are strong rock settlers in the current meta. Overall, it's just a tech that I enjoyed using a lot when I test on the ladder and it also brings me success in the tour.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-829915321 Feel the power of this set
405Luxray_Dream.png
Luxray @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Facade
This set is extremely hard to switch in. Its 120 base attack plus the Guts ability makes it a powerhouse in ZU meta. Crunch is used to hit bronzor, superpower to hit golem and lickilcky, avalugg n stuff. Facade with 140 base power is the most often clicked in this set. Since it's basically immune to status, it can be a perfect stall breaker that can easily switch in to absorb status. I think this all out attacker is underrated in the current meta. It can be a nightmare for the opponents when faced with specific team styles.
252+ Atk Guts Luxray Crunch vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Eviolite Bronzor: 160-190 (50.3 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Guts Luxray Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 259-305 (73.3 - 86.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Guts Luxray Superpower vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Avalugg: 204-240 (51.7 - 60.9%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Guts Luxray Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Eviolite Gabite: 172-203 (50.5 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Guts Luxray Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 170-202 (45.4 - 54%) -- 41.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Guts Luxray Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Golem: 244-288 (67 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
With rocks, Luxray can 2hko almost every mon in the meta.
015Beedrill_Dream.png
Beedrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Jab
- Tailwind
It's a support scarf beedrill set. U-turn to provide momentum for teams, t-spikes to pressure the opponents. The biggest highlight would be the Tailwind tech. It can actually work very well with the support of your teammates. In this case, its defense stats will become his biggest asset to set up tailwind for his teammates. Since its defense stats almost allows the bee to die instantly every time after it sets up tailwind, beedrill's teammates will get more turns of speed boost.

Very pleasured to get in touch with the ZU community, big thanks to DurzaOffTopic for holding this.

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon

Seasons Greetings everyone! I'm extremely excited that we had twenty people sign up for this project. I hope that all of you will soon enjoy the teams you will be receiving from one another. As a general reminder, please post your finished teams here in this thread, giving a short little description, tagging the person you've made the team for. Please get these teams finished by December 31st! It wouldn't be kind to have a team made for you and you not be able to finish someone else's team and they not get one. If you have any questions or complications feel free to PM me. With that being said, let the Secret Santa teambuilding begin! Falalalalalalalalala!

love chants
1544193085582.png

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dancer
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Offensive Oricorio was the first requirement for the team. I was thinking of trying a Z Crystal set, but eventually decided that Scarf was the best thing for the team. I’m not disappointed either. Scarf Oricorio freed up a lot of opportunities to use some less common picks. The set is pretty standard. High SpA and Spe to hit things hard and fast. 4 SpDef since it never hurts. Your main attacking moves are Hurricane and Revelation Dance. Hidden Power Grass hits Rock and Ground types hard, both of which are very common in ZU. U turn is to pivot out on a misprediction.

1544192930762.png

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Requirement #2 was Defensive Tangela. Pretty much the cookie cutter Tangela set, although I use Synthesis over Knock Off. It’s a physical wall and pivot that can force out many Pokemon. It basically forms the defensive backbone of the team. Later on, the team became Ground weak. Tangela works wonders against said Ground types, so there's that.

1544193025593.png

Klang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Wild Charge
- Return

I’ve always had a soft spot for Klang. After seeing that the team was weak to Ice, I thought that a Steel type would greatly benefit the team. Klang can switch in on a variety of attacks, since it’s Eviolite gives it good defenses. It plays similar to Klinklang, although it trades Electricium Z for better defenses. Klang is scary once it sets up, so most of the moves are based on making it a better win condition. EVs are designed so that after a single boost it reaches 318 speed, which means that Klang can outspeed +Speed 95s. Instead of investing completely in speed Klang exchanges the ability to outspeed faster threats for the ability to invest in HP and take many hits that it otherwise couldn’t. These EVs aren’t perfect, and a full speed investment is also useful at times

1544192967188.png

Relicanth @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

The team was now Fire weak. Relicanth fixes this problem and makes the second portion of the team’s defensive core. It’s also a good rocker. I used Groundium Z on it mainly for the surprise factor and to give Relicanth a niche as the team’s Wallbreaker. Not many pokemon in ZU can switch into Relicanth.

1544192994232.png

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Return
- Gyro Ball

These last two spots were difficult. Lickilicky is used as a cleric. Many members of the team are weak to certain status moves and lack recovery. Lickilicky has Oblivious and access to both Wish and Heal Bell. It’s fairly passive due to little attack investment, but can still nab chip with Return and Gyro Ball.

Silvally-Ground @ Ground Memory
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Rock Slide
- Defog
- Parting Shot

1544193184293.png

Silvally is the last team member. I needed a relatively fast pokemon to fix the team’s horrible speed tiers, as well as a spinner or defogger. Silvally fit this role perfectly, although deciding on a type was difficult. I eventually narrowed it down between Ground and Ghost, but Ground narrowly won out. Ground/Rock is good coverage, and a fast Parting Shot means that Silvally is never going to be completely passive. It’s Ground type gives it a much coveted rock resistance, which is rare on Defoggers.

Overall the team is a slow and physically oriented balance that leans defensively. However, it has a variety of strong attackers and two relatively fast win conditions.

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dancer
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Tangela @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Klang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Wild Charge
- Return

Relicanth @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Return
- Gyro Ball

Silvally-Ground @ Ground Memory
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Rock Slide
- Defog
- Parting Shot

Last edited:

Tack

Bow to your Matriarch
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Good thing you chose ground over ghost since we don't have ghost gonna make mine over the weekend, can't wait to see the heat

Alright So, Welcome to N O R M A L S P A M, featuring our guest of the evening, Xayah the stinky poopface who wants me to use a bad set on one of his mons of choice.

so my original core was CB mala (ewwwww) + Sub SD Bouffalant

Komala @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Return

One's a breaker, the other is a setup wincon. both are fighting weak mons, which lead to me wanting a ghost right off the bat, so i decided to bring in some flying spam, particularly Swanna and Drifblim, both provide a cool fighting resist, and are pretty cute atm

Drifblim @ Mago Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Substitute

Swanna @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hurricane
- Surf
- Roost

Speed on blimp beats scarf swanna's speed tier after mago gets eaten, and eats mago after 2 subs or 2 subs and one rock. Zaterium swanna provides a quick incon vs offense, where bouff and mala eat up fatter archetypes.

ofc, now we need some rocks and remoaval, as well as speed control. at this point i was a bit bored and wanted to have some fun, so i decded to add a 3rd normal to this core, in a scarf defog silvally.
Silvally @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Double-Edge
- Explosion
- Defog

mon just looks cute, yknow?
anyway for a final mon feat. rocks i decided to add a fat sandslash.
Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 236 HP / 56 Def / 216 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Knock Off
have some spreads, enjoy your mediocre team Xayah

Importable
Komala @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Return

Drifblim @ Mago Berry
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Substitute

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 236 HP / 56 Def / 216 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Silvally @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Double-Edge
- Explosion
- Defog

Swanna @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hurricane
- Surf
- Roost

Last edited:
The Naughty List

1544214857515.png
1544214870430.png
1544214840558.png
1544214884068.png
1544214894331.png
1544214905165.png

So here's your team, Dollainthewoods! I hope you have as much fun with it as i had making it!

I had to build a team with a core formed with Komala and Golem. Since I've been really liking Wish Komala recently i decided to give it a go, and here we have the first set of the team. For Golem, i wanted to use a Choice Band set that, coupled with Wish Komala's support, could have more longevity than it usually has and hit hard.
Then I went for a set i always wanted to try, Z-Grasswhistle Abomasnow. For people who don't know, this Z-move raises your speed by 1, making Abomasnow reach 360 speed, which is not bad. Considering Band Golem and Komala really pressure Bronzor, i thought this set could try to push for a sweep late game and could be fun to use. Also, you could potentially still use Z-Wood Hammer to wallbreak in matchups when you dont need the speed and/or your other teammates can sweep more reliably than Abomasnow.
Next, the team had a glaring fighting weakness and Mareanie was a clear option bc it checks pretty much every relevant fighting type in the metagame reliably, such as Monferno, Combusken and Silvally-Fighting, while also working as a physical sponge. Toxic Spikes would also really help the team bc this team has Rapid Spin Komala instead of a defogger.
After that, i had to pick a scarfer that'd help me check Pinsir, Floatzel and Swanna, mons that were starting to look problematic for the team depending on the set, while also adding a Ground immunity, since my only resist was Abomasnow, and Rotom-Fan was a good choice, specially since Trick could help me deal with stall teams more reliably.
For the final mons, i wanted a flexible special Silvally form bc the team was lacking on the special offense department, Silvally's natural bulk would make it a good recipient for Komala's Wishes and pivoting with Parting Shot could help me set up with Abomasnow, and Silvally-Fire helped in that department since it lures water and ground types making it easier to set up. Is also helps dealing with Gourgeist-S, which otherwise can prevent this team from removing entry hazards.

Jingle Bells (Komala) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

After Dinner (Golem) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Christmas Tree (Abomasnow) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Snow Warning
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Punch
- Grass Whistle

Socks (Mareanie) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover

Jesus (Rotom-Fan) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Will-O-Wisp

Santa Claus (Silvally-Fire) @ Fire Memory
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Parting Shot

Here's a replay of a test game vs love chants, ty for it btw :) https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7zu-832312250

Last edited:
"Deep in the jungle, high in the lofty canopy, this Pokémon abides...Known for its extreme intelligence, this Pokémon will look down on inexperienced Trainers, so it’s best suited to veteran Trainers."
-Excerpts from the Sun and Moon Pokedexes.

The mighty Oranguru has long been sought after for its ability to Instruct other Pokemon and lead them to greater knowledge, power, and grace. However, few realize the true potential of Oranguru in single combat. Deep within the Lush Jungle of Alola there reside Oranguru that have embraced the power of darkness and used it to unleash an unstoppable force of psychic might.

Oranguru_sprite.png
silvally 2.png
dugtrio-alola.png
electrode.png
golem-alola.png
altaria.png

oranguru.png
Oranguru @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 96 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Stored Power
- Substitute
- Snatch

Oranguru will stop at nothing to achieve enlightenment, even if that means stealing dark relics. Darkinium-Z with Snatch gives Oranguru +2 speed while stealing opponents attempts to boost or heal. At +2 speed Oranguru is faster than everything up through Choice Scarf Komala. Fast Choice Scarfers are of less concern, for they do not have the power to significantly harm Oranguru's mighty form. The defense EVs ensure that bulky Komala's Return will never break Oranguru Substitute through a Reflect. Oranguru can set up a Substitute against many bulky Pokemon, especially with Light Screen and Reflect up, then can proceed to plot the demise of all. Stored power is 100 base power after Z-snatch and Nasty Plot, but can become as strong as 180 base power at max special attack, allowing Oranguru to overwhelm pokemon such as Pyukumuku and even Bronzor. Dark types cannot be harmed by Oranguru, for they have walked even further into the dark recesses of the jungle, so be sure to eliminate them before attempting to sweep with Oranguru.

silvally 2.png

Silvally-Poison @ Poison Memory
EVs: 248 HP / 156 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Parting Shot
- Defog

Silvally-Poison is here to support Oranguru and Altaria by removing annoying entry hazards, especially toxic spikes which would rob Oranguru of its impressive bulk. The EVs allow Silvally to always outpace Jolly Komala and weaken its attacks with parting shot or finish it off with an attack. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are used to give Silvally as much offensive presence as possible, and are effective moves to encourage pokemon like Altaria or Mareanie to switch out of Silvally and allow it pivot with Part Shot to give something a good set-up or trapping opportunity. Parting Shot is used over U-turn because the stat penalties will generally be much more useful to help something set up than the small damage from U-turn will be.

dugtrio-alola.png

Dugtrio-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tangling Hair
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Memento

Focus Sash Dugtrio-Alola is great at setting up Stealth Rocks while putting on offensive pressure with its strong dual stab. Dugtrio is especially great for this team because of its access to Memento combined with its high speed. Memento can easily give Oranguru or Altaria a chance to set up while blocking defog and rapid spin.

electrode.png

Electrode @ Light Clay
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Explosion

Dual Screens Electrode is used to give Oranguru and Altaria immense bulk while setting up. Electrode is fantastic at this strategy due to its unique combination of Screens, Taunt, Explosion, and an amazing speed. The EVs ensure that Electrode is faster than Choice Scarf Servine while guaranteeing that Electivire's Jolly Earthquake will never KO Electrode.

golem-alola.png

Golem-Alola @ Choice Band
Ability: Magnet Pull
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake

Golem is on the team both to wall break with extremely strong Stone Edges and to trap steel types for Oranguru. Bronzor and Pawniard are both potentially troublesome for Oranguru and Golem-Alola can trap both very well. Beware that Pawniard can KO Golem-Alola with a +2 Corkscrew Crash, but other than that Golem should be able to remove Pawniard from the game.

altaria.png

Altaria @ Yache Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Altaria is a secondary sweeper that can easily win games with all the support this team gives. Altaria may not be very strong initially, but after a few boosts it can easily sweep frailer teams, especially those that might rely on Choice Scarf Electivire's Ice Punch to revenge KO Altaria. After Yache Berry, Ice Punch will never KO Altaria, even after Stealth Rock Damage. Altaria can also be used mid-game to absorb status or take some hits. It is the team's only ground resist, so be aware that if it goes down Pokémon like Dugtrio can become a problem. Credit to Graceclaw for the set idea (I think, correct me if it was someone else who gave me this).

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/9636ebd782fec11b

Oranguru @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 96 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Stored Power
- Substitute
- Snatch
Silvally-Poison @ Poison Memory
EVs: 248 HP / 156 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Parting Shot
- Defog
Dugtrio-Alola @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Memento
Electrode @ Light Clay
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Explosion
Golem-Alola @ Choice Band
Ability: Magnet Pull
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
Altaria @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Enjoy the team Sieeeffmon!

Xayah

San Bwanna
Back to my roots

Click the images to see the pokepast

So Taskr requested a team with Specs Camerupt and some sort of Healing Wish/Z-Parting Shot/Z-Memento support and this is my take on it! Now, Specs Camerupt is by no means confined to TR, but it + Z-Memento Dusknoir was such a seemless fit that it had to be the route I took. I used to build a ton of TR about a year ago so going back to it was quite fun. Anyway, as far as the team itself, Camerupt is standard Specs with HP Ice to nuke Alt on a prediction, don't wanna waste turns on TR after all. You'll be clicking Eruption most of the time anyway. Dusknoir is the standard anti-Pawn set with the obvious Z-Memento to heal up Camerupt again, Carbink is standard Trick Room setter, and Beheeyem is the third one and a very powerful breaker on its own. Went Shadow Ball over TBolt or HP Fighting to hit Bronzor harder. Toucannon is the only physical abuser on the team and is just insanely strong. It's purely physical because this coverage hits basically everything. Wishiwashi is last and another nuke on the special side, doing like 80% to Swanna with Hydro Pump. Enjoy friend!
Camerupt @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Dusknoir @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brick Break
- Memento

Carbink @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Magic Coat

Beheeyem @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

Toucannon @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Bullet Seed
- Brick Break

Wishiwashi-School @ Life Orb
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Siouxsie and the Banshees

Click the images to see the pokepaste
So this was my first time really building and playing the tier, and I got to say, I had a ton of fun! There's a lot of interesting mons that are viable down here, and it was exciting to see a lot of Pokemon that I don't really see too often. Anyway, Freelia asked for a team built around Nasty Plot Misdreavus, and I got to say it was such a cool mon to build around. When I started building this team, I instantly knew I wanted and Offensive Silvally-Fighting on the team, as it can help deal with the pesky Normal-/Dark-type Pokemon that Misdreavus struggles against. From there on however, I ended up switching the team a lot. The next member I settled on was Scarf Electivire, because it's just so good. It's a very consistent offensive check and revenge killer to many things the team would otherwise struggle with, such as Floatzel and Swanna. I then settled for AV Komala, as it provides a decent check to most special attackers such as Kadabra and Swanna. It also provides reliable hazard removal. Though the last two mons were chosen at about the same time, I'll talk about Golem first. Though it's the standard Weakness Policy set, Golem provides a solid answer to Electivire where the team otherwise wouldn't have one. I was originally running Metang on this team, and though I do think Metang is a cool mon, the prevalence of Elective made me switch this up. Finally, I decided upon Swanna as the last member. The last spot on my team ended up swithcing around quite frequently, but in the end I went with Z-Rain Dance Swanna since it provides a nice late game win condition or even mid game breaker, and it supports Misdreavus quite well I find.
To conclude, I'd just like to say thanks for having an awesome tier, and thanks to the people who helped point in the right direction on a couple of these mons. I really like this community and I'll probably play more of this fun tier in the future. As to Freelia, I hope you enjoy the team! Merry Christmas guys!

P.S.: Format stolen from Xayah, although I'm new at posting on here, so please feel free to correct any mistakes here you may see.

Last edited:
Bellossom
Stall

Hey Aleccat here is your team! Bellossom Stall was kinda a weird request since Bellossom doesn't really offer much in terms of defensive synergy to Stall apart from acting like a bulky win con and setting up Safeguard is nice. However, I think the rest of the team does a good job at wearing down some of Bellossom's checks and counters for it to sweep late game. Firstly, I added Bronzor since it's probably the best rocker for stall and it makes for a good Ice resist/Abomasnow check which Bell really hates. Altaria is the primary form of hazard removal, and I went with Dragon Pulse over Flamethrower to deal with Fire types like Monferno/Simisear as well as Rocky types like Golem for more damage. Avalugg is basically just there to spin and work as a catch all check to physical attackers that the rest of the team might struggle with like Banded Granbull/Bouffalant. Pyukumuku is there to handle set up sweepers like Monferno a lot better, especially Nasty Plot Monferno which can beat Alt. Lickylicky is in the last slot to wall most other special attackers and provide wish support. Threats to the team include Vigoroth but you can prob PP stall it or Toxic it with Lickylicky if it's Taunt and also Nasty Plot Raichu pretty much 6-0's. Have fun!
Bellossom @ Grassium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Strength Sap
- Giga Drain
- Safeguard

Bronzor @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Psywave
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

Altaria @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 60 SpA / 184 Spe
Bold Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Roost

Avalugg @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Avalanche
- Earthquake

Pyukumuku @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spite
- Rest
- Block
- Recover

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Xenophile

Here is the Team for Xenophile.

We're starting with the requested E-vire and sa its nature dictates this Team is very offensive.

Electivire @ Electrium Z
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Electric Terrain
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop

The Electric Tarrain tec has turned out different then I thought, on it's own it is probably not worth to use but as as supprt for the next mon it is actually pretty nice. Electivire still a good breaker and very usefull as long as you don't get all the turns wrong. In some games you have to sac it to get up tarrain though. Also in clutch situations you can just block Rest form Muk or Dusknoir and kill them next turn.

Drifblim @ Electric Seed
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp

As tarrain abuser I chose Drifblim with Electric Seed. Everyone who played OU knows the Hawlucha Tec. And even with Driflims bad movepool the seedboost can help clean teams up with acro or cripple them with Wisp. This mon was actually lot of fun and the type and breaking synergy between evire and Drifblim is pretty nice. For example for example Sandslash and Gourgeist fall victim to Drifblim. Especially with T-Sikes it's really good.

Beedrill @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- X-Scissor
- Tailwind

As said T-Spike support I chose Beedrill as my suicide lead. It leads, sets up a Spikes almost kills another mon. and maybe gets up a tailwind after all. With a Spin Blocker in Drifblim T-Spikes are really nice, since there are not many poison types around I feel.

1544231219992.jpeg

Dugtrio-Alola @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Next I picked Alolan Dug as fast breaking Power and Stealth Rock Support. Banded Iron head hits incedibly hard and toxic most of it's switch ins. Also Tangling Hair also came into clutch while testing quite a bit (might be coinsidance though).

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Energy Ball
- Nasty Plot

At first I had Spiks over Nasty Plot on Caturne but I wanted some Set Up to really be able to punish passive teams while not always attacking and taking LO damage. Cacturne has proven as a real niche slayer beating Trick Room, Stall, and Sand pretty much on its own. STAB Sucker Punch is also pretty solid.

1544232055839.jpeg

Silvally-Water @ Water Memory
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt

Last but not least we have Silvally. This guy works as the glue of the team, even tough it's offensive it can take most hits once and hit a lot super effectivly back. And if you can't kill them just U-turn into the next shooter. I was debating between Water and Ice memory but went for water because you can never have have enough water resists when Floatzel is the best mon in the tier.

Resume: The Team is very fun to play imo. It really wrecks fat teams and can dance with other offense teams too. Like with other offenses you need to find your Win-con and play your sacs right, make one or two predictions and the game is yours. The team is about just overwhelming other teams early.

I hope you have fun with it.

Electivire @ Electrium Z
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Electric Terrain
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Energy Ball
- Nasty Plot

Drifblim @ Electric Seed
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Substitute
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp

Dugtrio-Alola @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Beedrill @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- X-Scissor
- Tailwind

Silvally-Water @ Water Memory
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)