Funbot28

Banned deucer.

Zygarde-Complete
The "balance" pokemon

Pokedex Number - [718]
Type(s) - Dragon/Ground
Base Stats - 216 HP / 100 Atk / 121 Def / 91 SpA / 95 SpD / 85 Spe

Abilities:
Ability - Power Construct: If this Pokemon is a Zygarde in its 10% or 50% Forme, it changes to Complete Forme when it has 1/2 or less of its maximum HP.

Learn Set -
Level Up:
1GlareNormalStatus—100%30Tough1 ♥3 ♥♥♥
1BulldozeGroundPhysical60100%20Tough2 ♥♥2 ♥♥
1Dragon BreathDragonSpecial60100%20Cool2 ♥♥3 ♥♥♥
1BiteDarkPhysical60100%25Tough2 ♥♥3 ♥♥♥
5SafeguardNormalStatus——%25Beautiful2 ♥♥0
10DigGroundPhysical80100%10Tough2 ♥♥0
18BindNormalPhysical1585%20Tough3 ♥♥♥0
26Land's WrathGroundPhysical90100%10Beautiful2 ♥♥2 ♥♥
35SandstormRockStatus——%10Tough2 ♥♥1 ♥
44HazeIceStatus——%30Beautiful3 ♥♥♥0
51CrunchDarkPhysical80100%15Tough1 ♥4 ♥♥♥♥
55EarthquakeGroundPhysical100100%10Tough2 ♥♥1 ♥
59CamouflageNormalStatus——%20Clever1 ♥0
63Dragon PulseDragonSpecial85100%10Beautiful4 ♥♥♥♥0
72Dragon DanceDragonStatus——%20Cool1 ♥0
80CoilPoisonStatus——%20Tough1 ♥0
88Extreme SpeedNormalPhysical80100%5Cool3 ♥♥♥0
93Outrage

TM/HM
TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM28 Dig
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM34 Sludge Wave
TM37 Sandstorm
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM48 Round
TM52 Focus Blast
TM68 Giga Impact
TM71 Stone Edge
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM82 Dragon Tail
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM94 Rock Smash
TM100 Confide

Analysis:
Zygade has received quite a needed change this generation with the addition with its two new formes in 10% forme and 100% forms (a.k.a Complete Form). This forme seems to pertain the same base stats as the 50% forms besides bascially the double in its HP stat. This means that Complete Zygarde can pull off bulky Dragon Dance and Coil sets more effectively then the 50% forme could have in Generation 6. The drawback however in using this form is that 50% forme Zygarde needs to be taken to 50% HP or less to receive the form change, which means it could already be vulnerable when it changes forme.

Potential Movesets:
Offensive Dragon Dance
Zygarde-Complete @ Lum Berry
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

This set is pretty straightforward as it turns Complete Zygarde into a dangerous setup sweeper with Dragon Dance. Ground/Dragon coverage is also quite good in breaking down many common walls and revenge killing it will also be difficul due to its impressive bulk.

Bulky Coil
Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute
- Earthquake

This set allows Complete Zygarde to turn into a good phazer with Dragon Tail and Coil. It becomes super bulky with defenive investement and can be really hard to take down after a couple of boosts. However, it needing to be at 50% HP to transform can mean that pulling this of may be a bit difficult, but still doable.

Personal Thoughts:
I feel Complete Zygarde will be an interesting addition to the OU metagame. Many players are brining up the fact that it possesses an amazing 708 BST, but it does need to be at 50% HP or lower to actually transform. Do you think Complete Zygarde will be that significant?

Last edited:

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Rest / Sleep Talk / Earthquake / Dragon Tail is basically a bulkier Chansey that shuffles and has leftovers. Put some hazards down and start being unkillable.

I just look at it like a normal Zygarde that basically gets a buffed Sitrus Berry for free. He gets 50% of his HP back once he falls below 50%. Dragon STAB + 1000 Arrows allows it to hit everything bar Tapu Bulu for neutral damage, it has Extreme Speed for priority and can boost with DD or Coil. A nice, balanced Pokemon that I could see doing well in OU this time around.

p2

Banned deucer.

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

this set is fuckin bonkers and i was playing for a good bit of the night using stall w/ zygarde-c on it

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-214069
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-214086
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-214114

it's pretty absurd as a mon though, reg zygarde is fairly bulky but just gotta get it knocked down to 50% and it transforms into zygarde-c and gains 25% hp too, so basically its ability gives it a massive buff and throws in a sitrus berry too

Go! Zygarde (Zygarde-Complete)!
The opposing Diggersby used Earthquake!
Zygarde lost 31.8% of its health!

it's pretty dumb but i don't think it's too broken yet, spdef is also another viable option if you want to beat lando-i lol...

edit: 1k arrows was released earlier on ps a few hours ago so just replace dtail with coil and eq with 1k arrows

Last edited:
Does Substitute trigger the 100% form? If it does:

Rest
Thousand Arrow
Substitute
Coil/Dragon Dance

Chesto Berry

I don't know the perfect stat spread but this seems like a very scary set...

Bruh.

Do ya'll realise how bulky this thing and how broken it will be if it gets Thousand Arrows? So this is bulkier than Mega Aggron by a significant amount - it's the bulkiest mon on the physical side and definitely up there on the special side. If this does get Thousand arrows I can definitely see Coil being great. Coil, Thousand Arrows, Rest, Sleep talk/Toxic(unaware). How do you really beat this? It's insane. Btw, you reading this, you should make a post showing off some calcs for this pokemon.

I also think this is going to dominate BH. Balance Hackmons allows you to run virtually any move or ability. You can run the complete form with Poison Heal/Magic Bounce/Unaware ect. Just a testimate to how bulky this thing is, Mega Diancie Adamant Life orb Pixilate Extreme Speed does 80% max... fuck.

I like it a lot, stall likes it more >:D

Ah, stall, what a playstyle! It brings tears to my eyes. Literally.

How do you really beat this? It's insane. Btw, you reading this, you should make a post showing off some calcs for this pokemon.
No u, I can't do the calcs, I'm on mobile, someone else do it. It does have that pesky Quad ice weakness. And Draco Meteor fucks it up good. Not to mention Tapu Bulu resists both STABs and is bulky as fuck. Could easily wear Zygarde down with Horn Leech. But it also lacks Fairy STAB so it might not be enough.

Yay, snek is finally good.

Last edited:
Guys, do you find that it's more effective to run Zygarde-10% or Zygarde-50% to eventually become Zygarde Complete? From what I understand, 10% will recover a huge amount of its HP in transforming, and with its 115 speed, you can easily sub down to 50%, but that's all theorymon.

Edit: Also, should this really have its own thread if it's just an in-battle transformation?

Now that Thousand Arrows is released, the dragon dance set is unstoppable. People use Lando as their counter, but Zygarde takes nothing from earthquake, and once it gets below 50%, the pain really starts. My Zygarde 100% just took 30% from a Bisharps Black Hole Eclipse. That's 171 base power if I'm not mistaken. Completely busted if you ask me.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
DD is pretty ridiculous, but I'm more of a fan of SpD Resttalk Coil. It is insanely bulky and acts as an amazing wincon for stall teams. After a couple of Coils, it's basically impossible to break unless you have an Ice STAB user; unstabbed HP Ices or even Ice Beams are not even 3HKOing this thing

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
DD is pretty ridiculous, but I'm more of a fan of SpD Resttalk Coil. It is insanely bulky and acts as an amazing wincon for stall teams. After a couple of Coils, it's basically impossible to break unless you have an Ice STAB user; unstabbed HP Ices or even Ice Beams are not going to break this thing at all
Thousand Arrows / Rest / Sleep Talk / Coil is basically Crocune times ten. It's basically unstoppable as a lastmon unless you can PP stall out with Unaware, Taunt, or break through it with Kyurem's Ice Beam.

Complete Zygarde's bulk is so ridiculous ORAS Kyurem-B's Max SpA Life Orb Ice Beam is not a guaranteed OHKO on "CroGarde" (can we already call Coil Rest Talk that way?) after rocks. Almost guaranteed, but not fully, which is what is so significant.

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde: 593-702 (93.2 - 110.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Then you have things like Latios's Specs Draco Meteor requiring three layers of Spikes as well as SR to OHKO...

Yep, its bulk is that stupid.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde: 413-486 (64.9 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 395-468 (62.1 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Noiiiiice.

Reactions: ehT
Guys, do you find that it's more effective to run Zygarde-10% or Zygarde-50% to eventually become Zygarde Complete? From what I understand, 10% will recover a huge amount of its HP in transforming, and with its 115 speed, you can easily sub down to 50%, but that's all theorymon.

Edit: Also, should this really have its own thread if it's just an in-battle transformation?
There are mechanics in Sun and Moon that allow you you to limit the 'size' of your Zygarde. You can make your Zygarde only 10% if you wish and it will never change when set this way.

Spoilers!
You can even disassemble and create a completely new Zygarde if you wish! You can do this as many times as you want to get whatever Zygarde you want in game! It seems to be the easiest legendary to make perfect. This isn't even post-game content.

You can make it so it's 10% form with Aura Break
You can make it so it's 50% form with Aura Break
You can make it so it's "Complete Form" with Power Construct

Last edited:
With a whopping 708 BST I'm surprised this thing wasn't quickbanned along with Lunala and Solgaleo. Even transforming from 10% after 1 DD (and no investment into defenses) it was a monster with both ridiculous bulk and strong offensive presence. I haven't even tried starting with it in Complete forme and I can already tell it's going to be a meta-changer.

I'm kind of sad that its SpA and special side support movepool isn't strong enough to warrant using Core Enforcer. 100 BP 100 acc Dragon-type move with an added positive effect? Yes please. Core Enforcer/Earth Power/Sludge Wave/filler doesn't seem all that bad either.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
If core enforcer 2hkoes Quag or defensive Lando T with minimum SpA investment it could be really worth it imo.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There is 0 chance this is staying OU. Once you start playing with it you'll realize just how insane the bulk is. This is combined with Thousand Arrows being broken as fuck as a mono attacking move for rest talk sets and various options for dd like espeed, core enforcer, whatever else you want to run. You rarely need coverage when you have Thousand Arrows and nigh-unbreakable bulk though. Like, sorry if you intended to grab free wins with this but it isn't staying. But hey, at least it doesn't get fully healed up by wishes since it has almost as much hp as Chansey.

It only ignores the target's ability when it hits, and only of targets that already moved before Zygarde... and no Unaware user is faster, so either way, it doesn't matter.
If that's the case then it probably isn't worth using.
It doesn't even help much when some dragon is attempting to revenge you, as you literally need full 252 investment to ko latios and garchomp after rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)