New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread "Mark 2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
References

Previous thread

Discussion Rules:

1: Use the following format to display your movesets or EV spreads

Pokemon Name:(Adding pictures may make it easier to read and visually appealing, however, all pics must come from here)
Moveset Name:
Move 1:
Move 2:
Move 3:
Move 4:
Item:
Ability:
Nature(s):
EVs: Ordered HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe

Description of the set explaining what it is capable of, damage calcs...etc

2: Do not repeat movesets already mentioned in previous posts. If you do not know if a moveset has already been mentioned use the "Search this Thread" before simply posting.

3: Note that this thread is for sets that you've actually tried at least a few times, not something that "might work". If you think something has potential, you can be bothered to use it once or twice before subjecting everyone else to it.

4: If it's not obvious at first glance, say what tier you're planning to use something in.

5: This is for serious movesets only. Don't post joke sets.

6: Post a description along with your moveset. This should be obvious.

Failure to follow the rules will result in your post being deleted and infracted.

This post will contain news about what's going on in the creative moveset thread.

I've all but given up, seeing as the thread I made with all the viable movesets didnt even get 700 views in a month and is now on like the 10th page where nobody's gonna look. I guess this whole spheal was pointless ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]=

I agree with Stathakis. The previous thread was a mess..

@Leftovers
Name: Counter Destroyer Zong
Ability:Heatproof
Nature: Relaxed/Sassy
EV's: 252 HP, 70 Att, 90 SpAtt, 94 SpDef
~HP {Fire}
~Earthquake/Psychic/Calm Mind
~Grass Knot/Calm Mind
~Stealth Rock/Hypnosis/Trick Room

This set is made to eleminate Zong's counters: Bulky Waters, Magnezone, Heatran, Celebi and Infernape while somewhat keeping it's ability to set up SR or sleep. Bulky waters are taken care by Charge Beam, Magnezone and Celebi are taken care off with HP {Fire} and Heatran and Infernape are taken care with Earthquake. This Zong should mostly be used as a Special wall. Or you could move those SpDef EV's to Def and call a Physical wall. The nature depends on where you place the SpDef EV's, keep them in SpDef or move them to Def. Heatproof is the preffered option over Levitate because the oppenent would never use a Ground type attack on Zong, but they will use a Fire attack. And you could keep the facade up with a spinner to spin away Spikes. Though you shouldn't keep him in on Swampert because he walls this set if you don't have Grass Knot or Psychic. If you meet Pert with this set you should sleep him or set up SR or TR.

Changes/Suggestions in Bold.

I don't think the format you posted should be obligatory. I see nothing wrong with the standard RMT "Pokemon @ item" format.

Right now it makes sense, but once this thread gets massive like the other thread, it hardly seems fair to infract someone for posting a set on page 74 that was posted on page 14 when it wasn't standard/in the analysis.

Regardless, I have a set to post.

"UU Anti-Lead"
Nidoqueen @ Lum Berry
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 spe
Impish / Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Stone Edge / Ice Beam
- Earthquake / Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

I actually discovered this lead when I was telling KD24 about it. Funny huh? Taunt + Lum Berry beats sleep leads. Taunt also beats slower leads like Clefable, and Baton Passers. Stealth Rock is almost guaranteed to be set up as this is bulky and can't be statused (immediately). Even though it's slower and bulkier, this is meant to be used on an offensive team, similar to the popular "suicide leads" or OU. Remember, being slower, it takes a lot more prediction to use than the faster suicide leads.

Let's see how this fares against the top 10 leads for July:

1. Persian

Taunt immediately, as it will usually use Hypnosis or Fake Out. Once Taunted, you are free to set up Stealth Rocks as it will not be damaging you a whole lot with Return and will usually scout with U-turn.

2. Hitmontop

Nidoqueen walls everything barring Earthquake, which is uncommon on leading Hitmontop.

3. Primeape

Nidoqueen will not be 2HKOed by anything short of CB Earthquake, and Primeape usually doesn't pack Earthquake and is usually Scarfed when leading. You are free to set up Stealth Rocks.

4. Electrode

Electrode wins this battle just by setting up Rain. The best way to deal with it is to not attack is so it's forced to waste Rain turns. Set up Stealth Rock immediately and switch to a Ghost, preferably Rotom for the Electric resistance.

5. Swellow

Nidoqueen usually will win one-on-one. Stone Edge and Ice Beam both massively dent it, enough to KO it with some Poison damage, and since Swellow will often Protect turn one you are free to Stealth Rock.

6. Froslass

Obviously a poor match-up, but Taunting it so that it cannot set up Spikes is a good idea.

7. Clefable

Slower and Taunted. Unboosted Ice Beam will not be damaging Nidoqueen a whole lot as it sets up Stealth Rock.

8. Scyther

Nidoqueen wins this through a combination of Stone Edge/Ice Beam and Taunt, but if you choose the wrong move (using Stealth Rock while it Swords Dances and BPs, using Ice Beam/Stone Edge while it U-turns, using Taunt while it Aerial Aces), you will accomplish nothing or allow it to set up.

9. Ninetales

Just blast it with your Ground attack right away, as it will not be able to OHKO Nidoqueen without Choice Specs and it's likely that it will use Hypnosis right away as well.

10. Rapidash

Similar to Ninetales, just hit it with your STAB ground attack.

I don't think the format you posted should be obligatory. I see nothing wrong with the standard RMT "Pokemon @ item" format.
I don't have a problem using that format either.

Right now it makes sense, but once this thread gets massive like the other thread, it hardly seems fair to infract someone for posting a set on page 74 that was posted on page 14 when it wasn't standard/in the analysis.
It only takes about a minute or so to search through the thread for a similar moveset when using the "Search this Thread" feature, so I don't think it would be unfair to infract a person who couldn't take at least a minute of their time to check and see if any similar movsets were posted before.

Azelf

Choice Band
--Return
--Explosion/Payback/Iron Tail
--Flamethrower/Fire Blast
--U-Turn/Exposion
Choice Band
Levitate
Naive/Naughty
40/252/0/0/0/212

I guess this could work. Since it lacks STAB return deals big dents with 102 base power. Explosion always deals huge damage but you might want to include payback for ghosts. However iron tail does have higher base power.
U-turn is for going to the counter. The fire moves let you hit bronzong and scarmory that otherwise wall you

Azelf

Choice Band
--Return
--Explosion/Payback/Iron Tail
--Flamethrower/Fire Blast
--U-Turn/Exposion
Choice Band
Levitate
Naive/Naughty
40/252/0/0/0/212

I guess this could work. Since it lacks STAB return deals big dents with 102 base power. Explosion always deals huge damage but you might want to include payback for ghosts. However iron tail does have higher base power.
U-turn is for going to the counter. The fire moves let you hit bronzong and scarmory that otherwise wall you
I think azelf would need max speed unless the hp is to survive a certain attack. And if the hp evs are necessary transfer them from the atk evs not the speed. Azelf needs all the speed it can get to tie with other pokemon from its speed tier, not to mention its attack will already be boosted from the CB, several points less will not a be a problem.

Although it is creative, I think you just made it to make a pokemon. Or is there specific reason this azelf is better than almost any other pokemon that could the same job better?

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I once considered making a Choice Band Azelf just for fun but then I looked at it's physical move pool and it was really lacking. You know the move pool is lacking when you seriously look at Iron Tail as an option.

I never noticed the "Search this Thread" option before. Yeah, that makes sense now. I was thinking someone had to use the Advanced Search option which would have taken much more time to search for a specific set in this thread.

Smeagle In Disguise!

-Choice Scarf
moves-transform
-swicheroo
-spore
-super fang/other support moves
252hp,252speed,hasty,own tempo

What this set does is to counter who ever this guy transforms into.
Moves without boost or STAB normally do not KO smeargle, most ppl know that, in that case, they would use a STAB move against you. With scarf, you can easily transforms into you opponent's type and stats and stuff and resist the STAB from your opponent. With the scarf on, you can attack back before your opponent switches a move. And it also makes a good scouting set, you can transform to scout what move sets or spore people or ruin walls with switcheroo or damage hard to take down walls hugely for others to kill.

*i actually battled some one with my movesets!

Didn't see any analysis on the much overlooked Magneton for UU matches, so Idk, here goes my analysis (need a LOT of help here, so please bear with me and correct me on stuff if you see fit)

Name: Magneton
Moveset name: UU Magnezone
Move 1: Thunderbolt
Move 2: Flash Canon
Move 3: Hidden Power Ground
Move 4: Magnet Rise
Ability: Magnet Pull
Item: Life Orb
Nature(s): Modest
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, Hp.. ? (please help)

Magneton can actually be quiet usefull in UU battles with all the wierd Steels getting some action in this Tier. HP Ground is essential for nailing all those Steel/Rock (Bastiodon, Probopass, Aggron) and Steel types in general (Mawile, Steelix). Of all those, Choice Specs Magneton OHKO's: All versions of Bastiodon, Aggron, and Mawile.

Neutral-natured Probopass is OHKO'ed 64.8% of the time If you're running the Relaxed nature with the standard Calm EV spread (252 Hp, 68 Sp. defense), but it has trouble with Calm natured Probos, as they can fire back an Earth Power for a OHKO. On the other hand, All standard sets for Offensive natured Probos are all OHKO'ed (assuming 252 Hp, 6 Sp. Defense).

Steelix can be a problem as well, assuming they're running the standard 252 Hp, 136, as it will at best only be a 2HKO (factoring leftovers in also). If for some reason they don't give it any Sp. Defense EVs, then you have a 78.35% chance of OHKO'ing it.

But here's the kicker: Magneton with his 70 base speed outspeeds ALL of those steel types (assuming they're running they're standard spreads and not dumping wierd amounts in Speed for some reason). Magneton traps them, and then can use Magnet Rise to resist the Earth Powers and Earthquakes that are to be expected. After that, you're completetly ready to OHKO or 2HKO safely with HP Ground.

But now onto the other stuff. I'm not too sure how many EVs to drop into speed and how many to dump into HP, as I know it's base HP is 50 (aka horrible) and its speed is actually kinda respectable at 70, tieing it with Mightyena, Poliwrath, Politoad, Hitmontop, Delcatty, and Butterfree (to name off some of them that may run 252 Speed EVs).

Mild nature helps Explosion get off maximum damage to maybe OHKO possible switch outs if you're not facing a steel, and I think that would be the more preferred nature as Magneton is so fragile anyway (although the 95 base defense might tell you otherwise).

Please help me expand on this, as I want to make this sound better than I put it. I know Magneton could function in UU, but I would very much like some help in proving it to others. Thanks in advance :)

I know.. I checked the NFE Tier, and there was no analysis for it there either, but I'd like to try it in UU matches (which is why I asked for some help on the analysis...)

Smeagle In Disguise!
-Choice Scarf
moves-transform
-swicheroo
-spore
-super fang/other support moves
252hp,252speed,hasty,own tempo

What this set does is to counter who ever this guy transforms into.
Moves without boost or STAB normally do not KO smeargle, most ppl know that, in that case, they would use a STAB move against you. With scarf, you can easily transforms into you opponent's type and stats and stuff and resist the STAB from your opponent. With the scarf on, you can attack back before your opponent switches a move. And it also makes a good scouting set, you can transform to scout what move sets or spore people or ruin walls with switcheroo or damage hard to take down walls hugely for others to kill.
Actually I'm going to say this set is surprisingly good; I had no clue how a bloody SMEARGLE did 60%+ to my own Swampert with EQ (not to mention it outsped me, of course). Keep up that set, gjy :pimp:

Here's a set of my own; Anti-Physical Sceptile.

Sceptile (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 38 HP/220 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Counter
- Endeavor
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I used to lead with this while physical leads were popular. Works like counter Gengar, but Endeavor works like Destiny Bond here. With Sceptile's speed, you can outpace a good portion of OU and Endeavor down to that last HP. It's quite situational, though.

Also, here's an EV spread for Scarf Weavile, who uses the same moveset as the CBer.
Adamant Nature
166 HP/252 Atk/92 Speed

The 92 speed, along with Scarf, allows him to outspeed 96 Speed, + Nature Deoxys S, if need be (Standard Mix Deoxys). Pursuit catches lead Azelf and Deoxys pretty hard, while Ice Punch pounds Aerodactyl.

A Magnezone partner helps out against lead Bronzong too.

Torterra
Moveset Name: CURSES!!
Move 1: Substitute
Move 2: Curse
Move 3: Sand Tomb
Move 4: Wood Hammer/Earthquake
Item: Grip Claw/Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
Nature(s): Impish/Relaxed
EVs: 252HP/80DEF/176SPDEF

Just something I thought of, I haven't tested it, and it looked good in my mind, But I don't know how viable it really is.

I originally wanted to make a set where you'd trap with sand tomb and tickle the opponent, but that's an illegal moveset. Then I realized that Curse was so much more useful anyway, because you'd keep the stat changes even after the opponent fainted, and you could potentially start a sweep.

So, you switch into something that you know can't do crap to Torterra, and you trap it, and set up a sub. Then you can start Cursing up, and each turn, your subs will be harder and harder to break. It looks almost like a standard curse set, but since your opponent won't be able to switch, and they can barely hurt you to begin with, setting up is super easy, I'm torn on the item. Grip Claw will trap for 5 turns and let you set up better while doing a small amount of damage, but leftovers will let you recover recoil and help make more subs.

The last move is up to you. Earthquake hits more things for neutral or SE damage, but then you'll be walled by fliers. Nothing is immune to Wood Hammer, but you might not like the recoil, and more things resist it. Seed Bomb would be nice, but it's illegal with Sand Tomb.

So after you kill what you've been setting up on, hopefully you still have a strong Sub up for whatever they switch to, and can start knocking other things out.

Isn't he beautiful?

Moveset Name: Pain in the ass
Move 1: Bug Buzz
Move 2: Hidden Power [Ground]
Move 3: Hypnosis
Move 4: Protect
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature(s): Modest
EVs: 104 Def / 152 Spe / 252 SpA

Yeah so this is the pain in the ass Yanmega lead I've been using. Most Yanmega sets are the same, but I found this one to give a team hell and back by playing mind games. So heres how this works, starting with the EV spread. Yanmega has solid base 86 Def, and I never wanted to abuse that until he reliably survived +2 Extremespeed from Lucario. Using this spread gives him 234 Def and 264 Speed respectively. I figured speed tying against another lead Yanmega is suicide, and Lucario sits at 280 and always Extremespeeds anyway, that I would go all the way down to 264, just to outspeed Jolteon and Aero after a boost, because I have sash AND protect. I meant to run calcs on things like Weaviles' Ice Shard but I'm too lazy.

So yeah on Lead Yanmegas I've never seen anyone actually send in or keep in something weak to Air Slash, so the idea is scrapped altogether for the simple fact that you can bluff it until hes dead. Bug Buzz is a given but HP Ground is the real icing on the cake. After protecting, and putting something to sleep and Bug Buzzing my ass of the opponent things OMG NO HP GROUND!!!! Go Heatran! Go Magnezone! Go Lucario! Yet all 3 go crashing back to their pokeballs a turn later when they were so eager to switch in... Ahhh good times (if you haven't noticed Yanmega is one of my favs). But I mainly started using this set to lure out and destroy Heatran and Mag to open up Jirachi sweeps....

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 192 HP/180 Spe/136 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Recover
- Ice Beam/Toxic/Reflect
- Light Screen

If you think Mewtwo's only role is Sweeping, have another look.
While Mewtwo's defences are not the best in Ubers, they are definately not the worst. The entire purpose of this set is to stop CM sets, and with Light screen up, it performs the role even better. Taunt is necessary to stop opponents (Kyogre and Latias are common CMers) from setting up and destroying my team. Recover provides an optimal recovery move that is unavailable on popular walls like Giratina (who only has access to rest). The attacking move (Ice Beam) could be replaced with toxic, which makes Mewtwo a superior toxistaller, or Reflect to imitate Deoxys-E.

It is also superior to Deoxys-E running the similar set in Ubers:
Simply based on Base stats:
Deoxys Mewtwo

HP 304 401
Def 195 216
Spe 459 375
Sp.Att 226 344
Sp.Def 216 250
sorry for shitty formating.

This uses the standard 252HP/252Spe Deoxys-E set.
It is expected that Deoxys would have higher speed, but mewtwo definately has the advantage in Ubers with using this set.

Btw, Forry sets up my rocks.

Yes, I'm back, and better yet, I'm back with another moveset!

Pokemon Name: Magnemite
Moveset Name: RoomMite
Move 1: Thunderbolt
Move 2: Flash Cannon
Move 3: Hidden Power (Ice)/(Fire)
Move 4: Charge Beam
Item: Life Orb/Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature(s): Quiet
EVs: Ordered 252/0/0/252/0/0

Magnezone is currently considered THE Skarmory counter. In Generation III it was Magneton, who is still not forgotten due to a speed advantage over the 'Zone. But then there's the remaining member of the Magnezone line we overlook- Magnemite. Now, I know what you must be thinking at this point; "Magnemite? Is this guy off his nut?!" Well, amazingly, it sports a respectable base 95 Special Attack stat, coupled with horrible speed (base of 45), which makes it a perfect candidate for a Trick Room team. You got Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon for STAB, and Charge Beam for the chance to up the Special Attack. The Hidden Power is up to you- Ice for better type coverage, or Fire for those non-Skarmory/Empoleon Steel-types such as Scizor, Foretress, or even Wormadam-T. Or Arceus forbid, Steelix, who resists one STAB move and is immune to the other! Also good if you are insanely paranoid in regards to Shedinja. Choice Specs get it to 475 Special Attack. Though if you're no good at predicting, Life Orb achieves 412. Basically, it does what Magneton and Magnezone do best, but in Trick Room conditions. Impressive, isn't it?

Flash Cannon doesn't have very good coverage and I think explosion should be an option over it because with Explosion you could go out with a Bang.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Flash Cannon definately is a good option on Magnezone. It 2HKOs Tyranitar and Shuckle, and allows him to completely demolish hail teams. Oh yeah, its also more powerful against Celebi and other grass pokemon than HP Ice or Fire is.

I'm thinking Missingo Master would use this for LC play because it's Magnimite. Not Magnezone.

I agree with Stathakis. The previous thread was a mess..

@Leftovers
Name: Counter Destroyer Zong
Ability:Heatproof
Nature: Relaxed/Sassy
EV's: 252 HP, 70 Att, 90 SpAtt, 94 SpDef
~HP {Fire}
~Earthquake
~Charge Beam
~Stealth Rock/Hypnosis/Trick Room

This set is made to eleminate Zong's counters: Bulky Waters, Magnezone, Heatran, Celebi and Infernape while somewhat keeping it's ability to set up SR or sleep. Bulky Waters are taken down by Charge Beam, Magnezone and Celebi are taken care off with HP {Fire} and Heatran and Infernape are taken care with Earthquake. This Zong should mostly be used as a Special wall. Or you could move those SpDef EV's to Def and call a Physical wall. The nature depends on where you place the SpDef EV's, keep them in SpDef or move them to Def. Heatproof is the preffered option over Levitate because the oppenent would never use a Ground type attack on Zong, but they will use a Fire attack. And you could keep the facade up with a spiiner to spin away Spikes.
Nice idea, but bulky waters? what about swampert?

I really would like some comments on this, so I'm posting it here:

I've used this guy to great success:

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb/Wise Glasses
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 210 HP, 48 Spe, 252 SpA
Nature: Modest
-Tri Attack
-Agility
-Dark Pulse/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
-HP Fighting

This guy makes a great late sweeper. Bring him as the foe switches, or whenever you can. Better if he doesn't take any damage. Agility, and sweep. This guy is pretty durable, to garuntee you get an Agility in. He won't be OHKO'd by most non-boosted attacks. Wise Glasses can be an option so you don't die out from Life Orb. HP Fighting and Thunderbolt hit every steel type except Bronzong for super effective damage. It works better than Scarf, not only because of being able to switch attacks, but also can have a boosting item of your own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)