Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 3 (Competitive Discussion)

So basically almost all ghost pokemon got trick. Rotom is no longer special. =0

Scizor with superpower is interesting. Magnezone will have trouble trapping it.

Somehow I managed to delete that post.

I had already checked Banette. It pretty much got nothing new. That includes the punches.

I also checked Scizor earlier and the only things to note were Knock Off and SuperPower.

I'll check Clefable, Jynx, Arcanine, and Absol. After that I'm going to sleep.

My internet is being screwy, so it might take a bit.
Could you check Amphy/Rapidash/Floatzel tomorrow? :D

So basically almost all ghost pokemon got trick. Rotom is no longer special. =0

Scizor with superpower is interesting. Magnezone will have trouble trapping it.
That pretty much settles the 4th move with Bullet Seed, eh?

I suppose it depends on how well Brick Break does after a Swords Dance though. Don't want to drag your stats down after working so hard to boost them up after all.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I think Superpower is best suited to a Choice Band/Scarf Scizor for obvious reasons. Really looking forward to using it!

Also, it's quite fitting that every Poke in the 130 base Atk group so far has been confirmed to learn Superpower so I have my fingers crossed for Kingler. :)

but i love dragonite, they cant make him a bl or uu because salamence can do what he does only better?

and whats with with making ou's into uber's? nasty plot gengar! thats ridiculous! and bullet punch scizor, with STAB and technician thats a 80 damage priority move!

ok im done

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If the game is out, they're legal. When they'll be implemented into Shoddy is another story entirely.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Clefable:
- Mud Slap
- Rollout
- Endeavor
- Signal Beam
- Bounce
- Icy Wind
- ThunderPunch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick
- Knock Off

Both good additions. Toxic Orb Magic Guard Trick shall be interesting.

Jynx:
- Mud Slap
- Signal Beam
- Icy Wind
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick

Arcanine:
- Mud Slap
- Iron Head
- Heat Wave

Hi look. I'm Entei.

Absol:
- Mud Slap
- Super Power
- Bounce
- Fury Cutter
- Icy Wind
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Superpower'd be pretty counter-intuitive on Scizor IMO. Not worth dropping your Attack (and defense).
Depends on the situation I suppose. Scizor's going to lean heavily on Bullet Punch no matter what, so really your 4th attack is to take out anything Bullet Punch can't handle. I suppose it really just depends on whether or not Brick Break can handle the situation. Otherwise it might mean the difference between OHKOing the threat and needing to Sword Dance/switch out, or losing Scizor. One of those things that I'd need to run damage calcs for to be honest.

I'm really confused at the decision to give Trick to so many things. The beauty of the move is that it made Pokemon like Alakazam their own unique threat; With virtually everything under the sun learning the move now, I can't see the Pokemon that relied on it being used much at all now (especially since 'Zam doesn't get Vaccuum Wave :( ).

So far known tutor moves.
Thanks to Stellar:

Code:
Palkia:
- Mud Slap
- Aqua Tail
- Outrage
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Twister

Dialga:
- Mud Slap
- Iron Head
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Iron Defense
- Twister

Mamoswine:
- Mud Slap
- Superpower
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Endeavor
- Icy Wind

Celebi:
- Mud Slap
- Ancient Power
- Signal Beam
- Earth Power
- Seed Bomb
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick

Azelf:
 - Zen Headbutt
- Mud Slap
- Signal Beam
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Trick 
- Knock Off

Jirachi:
- ThunderPunch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Mud Slap
- Ancient Power
- Trick
- Iron Head
- Iron Defense
- Signal Beam
- Icy Wind

Altaria:
- Mud Slap
- Outrage
- Twister
- Heat Wave
- Air Cutter
- Ominous Wind

Venomoth:
- Signal Beam
- Twister
- Air Cutter
- Zen Headbutt
- Ominous Wind

Dusknoir: 
- Mud Slap
- Icy Wind
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Ominous Wind
- Trick
- Sucker Punch

Drifblim:
- Mud Slap
- Rollout
- Icy Wind
- Ominous Wind
- Air Cutter
- Trick
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Entei:
- Mud Slap
- Iron Head
- Heat Wave

Meganium:
- Mud Slap
- Outrage
- Ancient Power
- Seed Bomb
- Fury Cutter

Clefable:
- Mud Slap
- Rollout
- Endeavor
- Signal Beam
- Bounce
- Icy Wind
- ThunderPunch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick
- Knock Off

Jynx:
- Mud Slap
- Signal Beam
- Icy Wind
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick

Arcanine:
- Mud Slap
- Iron Head
- Heat Wave

Absol:
- Mud Slap
- Super Power
- Bounce
- Fury Cutter
- Icy Wind
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
I had already checked Banette. It pretty much got nothing new. That includes the punches.

I also checked Scizor earlier and the only things to note were Knock Off and SuperPower.

Depends on the situation I suppose. Scizor's going to lean heavily on Bullet Punch no matter what, so really your 4th attack is to take out anything Bullet Punch can't handle. I suppose it really just depends on whether or not Brick Break can handle the situation. Otherwise it might mean the difference between OHKOing the threat and needing to Sword Dance/switch out, or losing Scizor. One of those things that I'd need to run damage calcs for to be honest.
+2 scizor uses superpower on 252/252 skarmory: Damage: 63.77% - 75.15%

Not bad with previous damage and SR.

Thanks Stellar :)

Why the HELL can Flareon use Superpower and not Arcanine? That doesn't make any sense!

+2 scizor uses superpower on 252/252 skarmory: Damage: 63.77% - 75.15%

Not bad with previous damage and SR.
Don't forget Skarmory hitting you for big damage with Brave Bird after the defense drops. That's a pretty unlikely 2HKO.

ok im done
Yes. Yes you are.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Heatran's always a relatively safe switch into Scizor so Superpower could help to keep his head down somewhat. Scizor can come in early-game and Superpower the switch, OHKOing 4/0 Heatran with SR support allowing him to sweep with SD Bullet Punch later in the game.

Not a terrible option, but probably won't be standard by a long shot.

Why the HELL can Flareon use Superpower and not Arcanine?
Perhaps it has something to do with the 130 base Atk? It sounds weird, but a lot of Pokemon with 130 base Atk are learning it for some reason. I mean, I was a little shocked to see Mamoswine, Absol, Flareon and even Scizor learning it. And what do they all have in common? Bingo. I mean, with an attack stat that high they are effectively "superpowered."

Thanks Stellar :)

Why the HELL can Flareon use Superpower and not Arcanine? That doesn't make any sense!

Don't forget Skarmory hitting you for big damage with Brave Bird after the defense drops. That's a pretty unlikely 2HKO.

Yes. Yes you are.
I would make sure I give scizor enough speed to outspeed skarmory!

^ well you'd have to SD on your way in, Superpower it and then you'd get hit by Brave Bird/Whirlwinded.

That's a good point Lee. Absol and Scizor do seem quite unlikely. From a logic sense though, Arcanine was MUCH more deserving... it's a "legendary" king dog thing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)