Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 3 (Competitive Discussion)

Azelf:
- Zen Headbutt
- Mud Slap
- Signal Beam
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Trick
- Knock Off

Jirachi:
- ThunderPunch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Mud Slap
- Ancient Power
- Trick
- Iron Head
- Iron Defense
- Signal Beam
- Icy Wind
Nice..Azelf can now actually make use of that phy attack of his, CB pixie anyone? it also gets both Trick and Knock Off as support moves :).

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
If you have an Entei Stellar, I'm dying to see if he learns Earth Power! Would make sense considering Earth Power's animation...

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Checking Meganium, Venomoth, Dusknoir, Drifblim, Entei, and Altaria. Keep checking back.

Also remember I'm not including the Snowpoint tutors. It would take too long to check and the only useful one is Magnet Rise.

I have posted this before but the idea that Cherrim might finally be able to take advantage of Stab Physical + EP and possibly other Physical Moves seems to good to pass up, so could you please check when you have the time :)

Acutally Helping Hand is a Pretty Good Move Tutor for Doubles and might make some XD Pokemon completely useless, such as Duskull and Grimer...

Checking Meganium, Venomoth, Dusknoir, Drifblim, Entei, and Altaria. Keep checking back.

Also remember I'm not including the Snowpoint tutors. It would take too long to check and the only useful one is Magnet Rise.
I'd love to know Arcanine and Espeon.

Thanks for all the hard work! :)

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Altaria:
- Mud Slap
- Outrage
- Twister
- Heat Wave
- Air Cutter
- Ominous Wind

Venomoth:
- Signal Beam
- Twister
- Air Cutter
- Zen Headbutt
- Ominous Wind

Dusknoir:
- Mud Slap
- Icy Wind
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Ominous Wind
- Trick
- Sucker Punch

Drifblim:
- Mud Slap
- Rollout
- Icy Wind
- Ominous Wind
- Air Cutter
- Trick
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Entei:
- Mud Slap
- Iron Head
- Heat Wave

Meganium:
- Mud Slap
- Outrage
- Ancient Power
- Seed Bomb
- Fury Cutter

Nothing really interesting bar Outrage Altaria.

>.> I wasn't a big user of YacheChomp on my offensive teams. I used that set more on balanced teams and ScarfChomp on Offensive. For me, Yache wasn't a great team-player on offensive teams. He was more of a one-man show regardless. Scarfchomp was the set that was easier to use for taking down specific targets that posed a threat to the overall team's sweep. In that sense, I don't think the loss of an "uncounterable set" is that great. The job of the well built offensive team is to first break down the opponent's defense, and then hopefully a number of your members become viable for the sweep. My opinion anyway.
it wasnt always yache chomp but he was present regardless in pretyt much all of them. remember husk used cb chomp to open up luke's sweep

also celebi kicks ass. i like more trick, it's a really gamebreaking move

I want to know if Arcanine got Superpower, that doesn't seem entirely out of the ball park. If you would, please.

May as well say Scizor too. And... Absol.

edit: woah-oh, Outrage Altaria. Sucker Punch Dusknoir sounds appealing too.
I don't have a spiritomb in platinum. Can you breed a male nasty plot spiritomb with a female gengar and see if the offspring gastly gets nasty plot or not?
Someone breed nasty plot spiritomb with gengar?
NO. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF NEW EGG MOVES. STOP ASKING.

Do you have the following Pokemon? It'd would be great if you could check these guys, especially Banette.

Banette + Thunder/Fire/Ice Punch?
Typhlosion/Magmortar + Earth Power?
Parasect + Seed Bomb? (Pretty sure it'll be able to learn this one).
Victreebel + Gunk Shot?

Altaria:
- Mud Slap
- Outrage
- Twister
- Heat Wave
- Air Cutter
- Ominous Wind

Venomoth:
- Signal Beam
- Twister
- Air Cutter
- Zen Headbutt
- Ominous Wind

Dusknoir:
- Mud Slap
- Icy Wind
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Ominous Wind
- Trick
- Sucker Punch

Drifblim:
- Mud Slap
- Rollout
- Icy Wind
- Ominous Wind
- Air Cutter
- Trick
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Entei:
- Mud Slap
- Iron Head
- Heat Wave

Meganium:
- Mud Slap
- Outrage
- Ancient Power
- Seed Bomb
- Fury Cutter

Nothing really interesting bar Outrage Altaria.
Altaria gets Outrage too cool :). Dusknoir doesn't get Knock Off...but at least it gets Trick.
Thanks Stellar, we appreciate your effort :D.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Thanks for that Stellar...I'm a little heartbroken at the lack of Earth Power Entei but I appreciate your efforts.

How the hell does Meganium learn Outrage, a Pokemon which fits the stereotype for moves like Sweet Scent, Aromatherapy, etc.

And wtf is up with Entei, the Volcano Pokemon, not learning Earth Power...

Dusknoir getting Sucker Punch is pretty awesome for dealing with Gengar, with max attack and SR you guarantee an OHKO.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
What does Game Freak have in mind, not giving the Punches to Banette nor Earth Power to Entei, but giving Knock Off and Trick to Gengar? :/

Stellar

of the Distant Past
Somehow I managed to delete that post.

I had already checked Banette. It pretty much got nothing new. That includes the punches.

I also checked Scizor earlier and the only things to note were Knock Off and SuperPower.

I'll check Clefable, Jynx, Arcanine, and Absol. After that I'm going to sleep.

My internet is being screwy, so it might take a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)