Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 3 (Competitive Discussion)

Celebi with earth power? Hmm, heatran can't safely switch in if EP becomes popular. So many pokemon get trick now.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Scarfebii just got a new set:

Psychic
Leaf Storm
Earth Power
HP Ice

Someone go check if Jirachi also got Earth Power this time around.

I more or less have an request on in-depth list on who learns Earth Power, Vacuum Wave, and Superpower respectively? Also Heatran is crying in a counter because of EP Celebi.

I don't have a spiritomb in platinum. Can you breed a male nasty plot spiritomb with a female gengar and see if the offspring gastly gets nasty plot or not?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This takes a little bit of time, but I'm checking Azelf and Jirachi at the moment. I'll check Drifblim and Altaria next.

Can anyone check Salamence to see if it gets Superpower?

Also it seems Gallade gets Trick now...unless Gardevoir gets it and Kirlia does not.

So you can't actually use the new Rotom forms in multiplayer battles of any sort? I guess this raises the question of whether we should even consider implementing them on Shoddy, seeing as it tries to emmulate the game as much as possible and all that.

Shit, just looking at how much stuff Celebi makes me anxious to find out what else other Pokes got that was missed out on that list.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
So you can't actually use the new Rotom forms in multiplayer battles of any sort? I guess this raises the question of whether we should even consider implementing them on Shoddy, seeing as it tries to emmulate the game as much as possible and all that.

Shit, just looking at how much stuff Celebi makes me anxious to find out what else other Pokes got that was missed out on that list.
The Rotoms doesn't exist yet.

The only reason I could see Celebi using Scarf would be to revenge kill Heatran. Otherwise, the bulky little bugger enjoys being able to use Recover or at least Thunder Wave whenever it pleases, among everything else it's able to do (Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Calm Mind...).

At any rate, Earth Power doesn't exactly make it any easier for Celebi to face Scarftran in any other circumstance, unless it's locked into Earth Power itself, or something similar.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The only reason I could see Celebi using Scarf would be to revenge kill Heatran. Otherwise, the bulky little bugger enjoys being able to use Recover or at least Thunder Wave whenever it pleases, among everything else it's able to do (Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Calm Mind...).

At any rate, Earth Power doesn't exactly make it any easier for Celebi to face Scarftran in any other circumstance, unless it's locked into Earth Power itself, or something similar.
I've used Scarfebii quite effectively as a revenge-killer or just for a surprise fast attack on something alot, since everyone does expect it to be slow and defensive.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Azelf:
- Zen Headbutt
- Mud Slap
- Signal Beam
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Trick
- Knock Off

Jirachi:
- ThunderPunch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Mud Slap
- Ancient Power
- Trick
- Iron Head
- Iron Defense
- Signal Beam
- Icy Wind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)