CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 13 - Name Discussion/Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Our Pokemon so far:

Name: Ultimate Scout
Description: A Pokemon that is very capable of forcing the opponent to reveal vital information about their team members and their moves using various techniques.
Type: Steel / Ghost
Ability: Frisk / Limber
Stats: 80 HP / 103 Atk / 85 Def /55 SpA /80 SpD /110 Spe

This thread is for everybody to submit possible names for our new Pokemon. All members are welcome to submit names. You cannot bump or beg people to look at your submission for any reason - if it is a good name, people will comment on it.

Please keep in mind that you may submit only one name.

Eh, why not? I'll through a name into the ring.

Mascanid

The name I came up with come from the Latin word Masca (ghost) and Canid (or Canidae, the family that foxes belong to). Also, Masca sounds a lot like mask. There's my submission... like it or not.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've got something solid going, I think. One was more fitting for Dougs, but not horrible here. This is the one I chose.

Kitsunoh. [Kit-soo-no] (Kitsune + Noh) Kitsune is the Japanese name for Fox. Noh is the Japanese masked theater on which No Face, the inspiration for the mask design, was based. Essentailly, its a Fox Mask that doesn't sound completely lame.

Addendum:
Kit can also mean toolkit, which is what a scout would use, or a cat. Noh is really the cultural reference I was shooting for, Kitsune just flows nicely into it. "Kit" is also an apt abbreviation, hehehehe

I really like Kitsunoh, but you kinda have to figure out that it comes from the word Kitsune or else it looks REALLY wierd.

Also Steller has a pretty sig.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I really like Kitsunoh, but you kinda have to figure out that it comes from the word Kitsune or else it looks REALLY wierd.

Also Steller has a pretty sig.
If you really want Kit can also mean toolkit, which is what a scout would use, or a cat. Noh is really the cultural reference I was shooting for, Kitsune just flows nicely into it. "Kit" is also an apt abbreviation, hehehehe

Weresatz

Werewolf+Ersatz (fake). Also has resemblance to the phrase "Where's it at?", a question a scout usually answers.

I'll go with this for now; I might think of a better one later.

Also, I liked Fauxfox. The lexical pun is quite nice.

Masquaped

Even though I think if you have to explain it, it's probably not a good name, the name is a combo of masquerade and quadruped. Actually I think this is probably not a good name.

I've got something solid going, I think. One was more fitting for Dougs, but not horrible here. This is the one I chose.

Kitsunoh. [Kit-soo-no] (Kitsune + Noh) Kitsune is the Japanese name for Fox. Noh is the Japanese masked theater on which No Face, the inspiration for the mask design, was based. Essentailly, its a Fox Mask that doesn't sound completely lame.
I really like this name, I might come up with one of my own later though after I think about it.

Spectrox

(Spectral+ Fox)

Something spectral...something ghostly, or not living/ errie. Don't think anyone would want to accidentally run into this creature at night. And of course, following the whole fox thing. I like that Kitsunoh one though-kind of makes me think that would be it's Japanese name.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I was thinking about Fantacier.

Fant is part of the word "ghost" in spanish and/or french. (Fantasma/Fantome).

Acier means "Steel" in french.

And the whole word (Fantacier) sounds like "Fantasy" or "Phantom" which goes with the design. I liked it ^^

Barghest, the legendary Black Dog of England itself.

It's a freaking ghostly canine, it makes a whole lot of sense in my head. People are using canine based name, so why can't we use this?

For those who are too lazy to click the worded link, here's the low down on it's origin.
Etymology said:
The derivation of the word barghest is disputed. Ghost in the north of England was once pronounced guest, and the name is thought to be burh-ghest, town-ghost. Others explain it as German Berg-geist, mountain demon, or Bar-geist, bear-demon, in allusion to its alleged appearance at times as a bear. The barghest has a kinsman in the Rongeur d'Os of Norman folklore.

I would candidly suggest Tellynx

Tell: Narrate or describe.

Lynx: A species of a wild cat.

Also see:
Teleport and Lynch

Dox-Dox. (Dark-Fox)I find that by repeating the name it shows how this Pokemon reappears many times on a team, he doesnt just come in and die, he'll switch and be a diverse part. Plus, I think it sounds cool.

Addendum:
Kit can also mean toolkit, which is what a scout would use, or a cat. Noh is really the cultural reference I was shooting for, Kitsune just flows nicely into it. "Kit" is also an apt abbreviation, hehehehe
I'm really liking this name. Very fitting, and flows nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)