Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, this glitch was fixed in Emerald. So does any1 know the answer?
I assume you're mentioning the glitch where you cannot get a good IV'd Latias or Latios (or Suicune/Entei/Raikou for that matter), no matter what you do. In Emerald, that's no more, since I have a Modest Latios in Pearl with 318 Speed (30 IV+max EVs) and 370 Sp Atk that I caught in Emerald back in 2007, supposedly before people found out about this whole PRNG thing.

Also, I remember someone mentioning that you can battle Rotom an infinite amount of times in Platinum. I don't believe so, since I just visited to make sure, and he wasn't there. I already have him, since iirc you need to battle him before you beat the Elite Four to get the National Dex (and at that time, I didn't know you could beat one-offs and they'd regenerate). Anything I can do?

questions concerning natures-how do you try to get the right nature on legendaries, its kind of sad, i caught an adament cresselia, and i was wondering if theres anyway possible to get a different nature, or anything i can do :C

Anything I can do?
To get more Rotom? Breed it? ._.

seanubble said:
questions concerning natures-how do you try to get the right nature on legendaries, its kind of sad, i caught an adament cresselia, and i was wondering if theres anyway possible to get a different nature, or anything i can do :C
You can't do anything about it now if you've saved at any point after releasing it from Fullmoon Island.

EV's

So, yeah, I /did/ read the article about EV's.
But, er, something didn't really stick right.

Say I have a pokemon.
And it fights 252 Metapod.
When the pokemon next leveled up, would it honestly gain 60 points of defense in one level? o.o;;

Ah, and another thing. Is the RNG-abuse thing considered a cheat, and is it possible to trace it if it is one? Like, would anyone be able to tell the difference between an RNG and a normal one if they hypothetically had the technology to? Basically, could I enter the pokemon into one of the Tournaments the Pokemon people sometimes host without it showing up on their little machines?

So, yeah, I /did/ read the article about EV's.
But, er, something didn't really stick right.

Say I have a pokemon.
And it fights 252 Metapod.
When the pokemon next leveled up, would it honestly gain 60 points of defense in one level? o.o;;

Ah, and another thing. Is the RNG-abuse thing considered a cheat, and is it possible to trace it if it is one? Like, would anyone be able to tell the difference between an RNG and a normal one if they hypothetically had the technology to? Basically, could I enter the pokemon into one of the Tournaments the Pokemon people sometimes host without it showing up on their little machines?
Yes, if your Pokemon did not level up while killing all those Metapod, it would have a jump similar to that, but maybe not quite as intense (unless it was 99 -> 100).

For example, a Shuckle leveling from level 99 to 100 and killing 126 Metapod (Metapod gives 2 Defense EVs) would make it a +74 Defense jump. Leveling from 49 to 50 with the same conditions, however, would yield a +41 Defense gain.

The RNG isn't detectable as far as I know.

Wow. o.o And when you say 'not quite as intense', what does that mean? Would some of the EV's just not be counted, or what? Because if it /is/ 252 metapod that's atleast 60 pts of defense, so does it cap out somewhere or what?

Wow. o.o And when you say 'not quite as intense', what does that mean? Would some of the EV's just not be counted, or what? Because if it /is/ 252 metapod that's atleast 60 pts of defense, so does it cap out somewhere or what?
I edited my original post with an example, but I'll just put it here.

For example, a Shuckle leveling from level 99 to 100 and killing 126 Metapod (Metapod gives 2 Defense EVs) would make it a +74 Defense jump. Leveling from 49 to 50 with the same conditions, however, would yield a +41 Defense gain.

edited my original post with an example, but I'll just put it here.

All right... now I'm totally lost. D: I though that if you got four EV's of a certain trait, you'd gain one more point of the trait on the next level's stat boost -- regardless of the level?

iunno. I'm just starting this, so if you could point out the large print I must have skipped that'd be awesome. :3

All right... now I'm totally lost. D: I though that if you got four EV's of a certain trait, you'd gain one more point of the trait on the next level's stat boost -- regardless of the level?

iunno. I'm just starting this, so if you could point out the large print I must have skipped that'd be awesome. :3
The full effects can only be felt at level 100. Meaning, a level 100 Shuckle with 252 Defense EVs will have 64 more points of Defense than a same Shuckle without Defense EVs. This is only at level 100, however. Before you hit 100, stat growth is calculated differently.

Okay.
So if I kill those 252 metapod, I'll /eventually/ get the stat points, just not in one level? Just confirming.
And if I get all of my EV's before level 100, even if I haven't received the stat benefits yet, fighting other pokemon to reach level 100 won't cancel out the spent 544 (I think that's how many...) EV's I've already earned, right?

Uh... This may seem like a dumb question, but where would I post a move-set I want rated by the public?
I was thinking it might go in the Rate My Pokemon, or whatever, but I notcied that was just fo IV's it seemed.
Some help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank ya.

Uh... This may seem like a dumb question, but where would I post a move-set I want rated by the public?
I was thinking it might go in the Rate My Pokemon, or whatever, but I notcied that was just fo IV's it seemed.
Some help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank ya.
theres a "new and creative moveset" thread

What does FTW stand for? "for the win"? "Fuck that whore"?

Is there a certain time to evolve eevee into vaporeon?i evolved mine at level 1 and it's hp is 416 with 188 hp ev's on it,it's not hacked or anything.am i doing somthing wrong?

Can you EV train a pokemon at Lv. 50 (such as Azelf, Heatran, etc., etc., etc.) and keep it at Lv. 50 while having the EVs take effect?

I need this.

Pokemon
Special attack >95
Speed can drop to lower than 140 without item
access to a grass move
good moveset.

Whoever gives me this gets a cookie

Currently:
Vaporeon;
Surf
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
HP Grass

I need this.

Pokemon
Special attack >95
access to a grass move
good moveset.

Currently:
Vaporeon;
Surf
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
HP Grass
Sunflora FTW.

Seriously though, you can just look on the website on the list of analyses and sort the pokemon by SpA and Speed.

I need this.

Pokemon
Special attack >95
access to a grass move
good moveset.

Currently:
Vaporeon;
Surf
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
HP Grass
Hp Grass Tyranitar. (It has 95 base Special Attack!)

But on a serious note, if you're looking for slow and powerful trick room poke, look at DeepSeaTooth Clamperl. It's minimum L100 speed is 62 and it's SpAtk with the tooth hits 542. It only has HP Grass though, and if you're looking for something that can take a hit, don't use Clamperl. Slowbro has your requirements, along with Grass Knot. Slowbro even gets slower than Clamperl. For STAB, look at Tangrowth. If you want something completely different from Vappy, look at HP Grass Magnezone, it even draws in things weak to HP grass.

Those are basically the only options. Tangrowth and Slowbro are the only ones that really fill it, because Clamperl and Magnezone require HP grass. Don't discount them as viable choices though.

Sunflora FTW.

Seriously though, you can just look on the website on the list of analyses and sort the pokemon by SpA and Speed.
He said good movepool, not shitty movepool.

I feel kinda dumb for asking this but how does deviation work and how can you tell when your deviation is bad?
Deviation can't really be good or bad. Anyways, what you do is take your "Rating" (not Conservative Estimated Rating) range, subtract them and divide by 2. So if that range is 1400-1500, the deviation would be 50. The smaller this number is, the less your Conservative Estimated Rating will move every battle (I guess some people can see this as bad).

Also, I remember someone mentioning that you can battle Rotom an infinite amount of times in Platinum. I don't believe so, since I just visited to make sure, and he wasn't there. I already have him, since iirc you need to battle him before you beat the Elite Four to get the National Dex (and at that time, I didn't know you could beat one-offs and they'd regenerate). Anything I can do?
If it is true, it's only if you don't catch it. If it's not true, it's because Rotom isn't a legendary.

Gallade
SD
CC
Ice Punch
And?
Shadow Sneak.

Okay.
So if I kill those 252 metapod, I'll /eventually/ get the stat points, just not in one level? Just confirming.
And if I get all of my EV's before level 100, even if I haven't received the stat benefits yet, fighting other pokemon to reach level 100 won't cancel out the spent 544 (I think that's how many...) EV's I've already earned, right?
Correct on both accounts (though the max amount of EVs is 510 >_>).

What does FTW stand for? "for the win"? "Fuck that whore"?
For the win. Easily a google-able answer.

Is there a certain time to evolve eevee into vaporeon?i evolved mine at level 1 and it's hp is 416 with 188 hp ev's on it,it's not hacked or anything.am i doing somthing wrong?
It's stats would be the same whether you evolved it at level 99 or level 24. Your HP isn't what Smogon says because your HP IV is not perfect 31. More info on IVs.

Can you EV train a pokemon at Lv. 50 (such as Azelf, Heatran, etc., etc., etc.) and keep it at Lv. 50 while having the EVs take effect?
Yes. Use the box trick (make sure to exit the box completely before withdrawing it).

If I'm new and win 50/50 of battles at around 1400 CRE with panamaxis' Latias team, do I suck?
CRE doesn't necessarily define whether a player is good or bad, but most people class "good" at 1500. If you're winning 50/50, your record is probably about to slow down.

Oh snap, page 100. New thread soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)