Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for an effective physical revenge killer. Can someone give me some ideas?
Dugtrio's a classic because of its Arena Trap ability and its Speed stat, combined with a respectable Attack. In all honesty, its really an idiot savant - its defenses are so low I wouldn't imagine it accomplishing much else. Trapinch has the same ability and a better Attack, but should only be used in a Trick Room because of its dreadful speed (and equally terrible defenses).

If a pokémon uses e.g. Swords Dance, its attack raises with +2. What does this +2 mean exactly?

Thanks.

Also, when two level 100 pokémon of the same specie with the same nature and the same EV's, if one has an IV of 1 in something and the other an IV of 31 in something, how many points is the difference then?

Thanks.

If a pokémon uses e.g. Swords Dance, its attack raises with +2. What does this +2 mean exactly?

Thanks.

Also, when two level 100 pokémon of the same specie with the same nature and the same EV's, if one has an IV of 1 in something and the other an IV of 31 in something, how many points is the difference then?

Thanks.
1) This article will tell you everything you need to know.

2) 30. Each IV is 1 point.

I caught a shiny Zubat a while ago, planning to raise it, and was wondering with its quirky nature what moveset, hold item, etc would suit, here are his details:

Zubat, lv.5, male
Quirky nature
Likes to run. Happily eats anything.

HP 19
Attack 10
Defense 9
Sp. Atk 9
Sp. Def 10
Speed 12

Ability: Inner Focus

Thanks!!

ok i was wondering what counts and what doesnt count in hackchecks?

im looking to get an action replay for cloning, iv check, item cloning etc
but eg if i use a cloned poke in a tournament will i get in trouble from a hack check(on the game i use the AR on)

I caught a shiny Zubat a while ago, planning to raise it, and was wondering with its quirky nature what moveset, hold item, etc would suit, here are his details:

Zubat, lv.5, male
Quirky nature
Likes to run. Happily eats anything.

HP 19
Attack 10
Defense 9
Sp. Atk 9
Sp. Def 10
Speed 12

Ability: Inner Focus

Thanks!!
Your Zubat's IV range is the following (in the same order you listed the stats) according to Metalkid's IV Calculator: 0 - 19 / 10 - 29 / 10 - 29 / 20 - 30 / 20 - 30 / 30.

30 Speed is very nice for a shiny in my opinion. You should probably wait to make a definite choice until you know the exact IVs of the Pokémon. I'll do a level 100 Wi-Fi battle with you if you want to know the exact IVs.

I'd recommend using the Special Sweeper set on the Crobat analysis page.

hi.

just hatched a shiny timid charmander for choice specs and was happy with IVs so saved without thinking of hidden power...

it turned out better than it could have done though, i got HP Grass 57.

Is that too low to use? It will be part of the Specs set:

Charizard@Choice Specs
Timid
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

~ Overheat / Flamethrower
~ Hidden Power Grass / Air Slash
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Focus Blast

Should I use my HP Grass 57 or Air Slash?

Is there a certain time to evolve eevee into vaporeon?i evolved mine at level 1 and it's hp is 416 with 188 hp ev's on it,it's not hacked or anything.am i doing somthing wrong?

Is there a certain time to evolve eevee into vaporeon?i evolved mine at level 1 and it's hp is 416 with 188 hp ev's on it,it's not hacked or anything.am i doing somthing wrong?
Veedrock already answered your question. Please look around before asking again.

Here it is, anyway:
I assume you mean your final HP stat at level 100. In that case, your HP IV is not max. Smogon's stats assume max IVs in all stats. When you evolve it doesn't matter.

hi.

just hatched a shiny timid charmander for choice specs and was happy with IVs so saved without thinking of hidden power...

it turned out better than it could have done though, i got HP Grass 57.

Is that too low to use? It will be part of the Specs set:

Charizard@Choice Specs
Timid
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

~ Overheat / Flamethrower
~ Hidden Power Grass / Air Slash
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Focus Blast

Should I use my HP Grass 57 or Air Slash?
57 is a low base power, either re breed for better base power, or use Air Slash instead.

I'm building a team with Choice Specs Lucario. Since Luke is completely walled by Blissey, my first thought for a partner was RestTalk Machamp; he can switch in with imputiny no matter the situation. However, it's difficult to build an effective team with these two pokes, so I ask: whats a good partner for Choice Specs Lucario that can switch in to Bliss all day?

Lucario @ Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Ice
-Vacuum Wave

After activating Cresselia, how am I supposed to see where it is? The Pokedex says Area Unknown, and it doesn't show up on the marking map.
use your bike and ride around a little then it shows up also did you give the lunar wing to the boat man for his son?

I'm building a team with Choice Specs Lucario. Since Luke is completely walled by Blissey, my first thought for a partner was RestTalk Machamp; he can switch in with imputiny no matter the situation. However, it's difficult to build an effective team with these two pokes, so I ask: whats a good partner for Choice Specs Lucario that can switch in to Bliss all day?

Lucario @ Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Ice
-Vacuum Wave

I have two questions, first, are their any trainers with smeargle in platinum?
Second, In a WI-FI battle do you get the pokemon you battle in your pokedex?

Rhyperior is a good Blissey switch-in. Unless Blissey uses Toxic, Rhyperior can laugh at all Blissey's moves since it is unaffected by Thunder Wave and since Blissey's Ice Beam doesn't even break Rhyperior's subs.

@Haku16: If you know someone who has the Secret Key Wonder Card and lives near you, then you can use the "Get From Friend" option on the Mystery Gift menu to recieve the Wonder Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)