Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver - The Offical Competitive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to try out Crawdaunt and Kingler, looks like fun. I also am looking forwards to Nasty Plot Mr. Mime (a nice boost for Baton Pass teams I guess), and Nasty Plot Jynx.

Recover Kecleon means its usage will probably be boosted (even if just for a gimmick team, lol).

Thanks!

By the way, I only listed moves which the Pokémon couldn't learn before by any method (not just level-up/egg move). Just so you know ;)

I like that Dunsparce now gets Agility. Yay for flinch-hax!

Dragon Dance Crawdaunt is actually very, very dangerous in OU. Sure, it is pretty damn slow, but it has Hyper Cutter, and two fantastic STAB moves. Combine that with resistance to Bullet Punch, and decent defense to handle Lucario's Extremespeed, and you have quite a potent threat. Dragon Dance, Waterfall/Crabhammer, Crunch/Night Slash, and Ice Beam seems legitimate.

Head Smash Aggron is cool as well, and Encore on Poliwrath is just about the coolest thing going.

Keep in mind that nothing breedable with Dragonite learns ExtremeSpeed, so you'll most likely have to get a male ExtremeSpeed Dratini in Dragon's Den or something to breed it.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Who said Aqua Jet was a tutor move?

and blasphemy1, it sounds nice in theory but it should be noted that with a + Atk nature he only hits 313 speed after a DD and if he goes + Spe, it's still only 343. Too slow.

and blasphemy1, it sounds nice in theory but it should be noted that with a + Atk nature he only hits 313 speed after a DD and if he goes + Spe, it's still only 343. Too slow.
Serebii posted tutors iirc.

Yeah, your right. In UU it could do some damage though.

Though unconfirmed, Serebii posted this:

Can't confirm this but Tutor moves you BUY

Dragonbreath りゅうのいぶき 79000円
Zap Cannon でんじほう 60000円
Bullet Punch バレットパンチ 80000円
Ice Shard こおりのつぶて 80000円
Aqua Jet アクアジェット 80000円
Shadow Sneak かげうち    80000円
Encore アンコール   35000円

Dragon Dance Crawdaunt is actually very, very dangerous in OU. Sure, it is pretty damn slow, but it has Hyper Cutter, and two fantastic STAB moves. Combine that with resistance to Bullet Punch, and decent defense to handle Lucario's Extremespeed, and you have quite a potent threat. Dragon Dance, Waterfall/Crabhammer, Crunch/Night Slash, and Ice Beam seems legitimate.
I don't see it happening. Sure it has devastating base stat of 120 in attack, but it only has base 63 HP, and 55 Speed. Even with max Speed and +1, he is still outrun by max Infernape, and anything above that. And with how big speed is in the current metagame, and how popular scarfers are too, it just won't happen. Even Bullet Punch from CBScizor does a minimum of 51.69%. I won't bother doing a calc for Crawdaunt to Scizor, but Scizor has defenses that shouldn't be underestimated. So, between Crawdaunt's fragility, and lack of speed, it just won't happen

I don't see it happening. Sure it has devastating base stat of 120 in attack, but it only has base 63 HP, and 55 Speed. Even with max Speed and +1, he is still outrun by max Infernape, and anything above that. And with how big speed is in the current metagame, and how popular scarfers are too, it just won't happen. Even Bullet Punch from CBScizor does a minimum of 51.69%. I won't bother doing a calc for Crawdaunt to Scizor, but Scizor has defenses that shouldn't be underestimated. So, between Crawdaunt's fragility, and lack of speed, it just won't happen
Yeah, I already admitted it won't happen. For some reason I thought Crawdaunt would be receiving the benefits of both Swords Dance and Dragon Dance in one move, lol.

@ Minato: I don't think that will happen, maybe Feraligatr, but there are too many things that resist Aqua Jet in OU that outspeed(Gyarados, Salamence, Latias, etc.) Missy would have to get used despite Scizor's bullet punch, and honchkrow is weak to Stealth Rock, takes loads from BP/Extremespeed, and Brave Bird recoil doesn't help either.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of tutor moves, have you made any progress on them (Maverick Hunter, that is)?
According to AMF (the guy hacking the game), there are 52 tutors this time (WHAT), so it's going to take a while. He's working now at the TM lists; interestingly enough, a lot of pokémon that could learn Defog in DPPt cannot learn this time, and others that couldn't can now. Could it be...?

SD Gatr with Aqua Jet is definitely an interesting thought. I don't think it will shake the foundation of the metagame like Scizor Bullet Punch, but it just might create at least some ripples.

Yeah, I already admitted it won't happen. For some reason I thought Crawdaunt would be receiving the benefits of both Swords Dance and Dragon Dance in one move, lol.
Lol, sorry. It took me a long time to post that, so a lot happened in between.

According to AMF (the guy hacking the game), there are 52 tutors this time (WHAT), so it's going to take a while. He's working now at the TM lists; interestingly enough, a lot of pokémon that could learn Defog in DPPt cannot learn this time, and others that couldn't can now. Could it be...?
52 tutors, wow. All hope isn't lost for Flareon, Luxray, and Entei.

Could it be... what? Say it. It is Flash, it has to be. EDIT: Or Whirpool ;)

I don't get it. Are some move tutors out yet? If they are, can you post a link?

I think Nintendo will ruin the metagame by making it too versatile. 52 move tutors doesn't make sense.

I don't get it. Are some move tutors out yet? If they are, can you post a link?

I think Nintendo will ruin the metagame by making it too versatile. 52 move tutors doesn't make sense.
Competitively, it will definitely increase the diversity. In game, it shouldn't even affect you since your opponents won't have many(if any) tutored moves. There is nothing wrong with adding moves to more pokemons movepools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)