Lv.50 stats: 185-77-129-129-150-158
Moveset:
- Charm
- Thunder Wave
- Trick
- Recover

-> I love you LILY
-> is way more beautiful and cooler than cresselia could ever wish to be :p
-> I don´t care what anyone else says about better defensive stats, latias rivals both cresse and uxie for best trick lead because of charm (cress has reflect, uxie memento), yeah I know that it draws ice attacks all the time and freezes suck, but again, don´t care, the streak speaks for itself
-> also a very important fact for me is that I will never copy someone else´s tower team and obviously cress and uxie have been used successfully as trick leads (see DP records and top3 plat. records – me, garo and jump when he gets there soon)
-> 158 to outspeed 100 and 105 speed pokémon after trick (for example sheer cold articuno), very good speed number overall
-> I only have this timid one, thus no 136 speed and rest into HP/defense to survive more; the current spread hasn´t let me down though
-> recover because even after around 700 battles with this team I found no reason why flash should be better, as:
1. struggle never misses (and CHs way too often),
2. OHKO moves are not affected by flash,
3. you survive more thanks to recover = PP wasting moves to set up garchomp or cripple foe´s pokémon and still be able to be used if something goes wrong

2. Registeel
Nickname: IRON FIST
Held Item: Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Careful
IVs: 31-31-27-23-27-9
EVs: 252 HP / 100 attack / 140 defense / 12 special defense / 6 speed
Lv.50 stats: 187-108-186-86-187-60
Moveset:
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Curse
- Amnesia

-> the hardest freaking head in the pokémon universe, nothing breaks its sub after +6/+6 except for CHs, OHKO moves, CB rhyperior and sunny day/blaze fire moves
-> 108 attack gives you 434 after 6 curses, which means a sure 5HKO on Heatran (everything else beside Magnezone and Lanturn should take less turns)
-> not that easy to use and I won´t tell you how to use it effectively J

3. Garchomp ♀
Nickname: LEAH
Held Item: Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 29-31-31-9-31-31
EVs: 252 attack / 6 defense / 252 speed
Lv.50 stats: 182-182-116-80-105-169
Moveset:
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

-> the best 3rd member for this team I found, also the most dangerous pokémon out there, I have nothing more to say
Here ya go!

Here ya go!
Thank you very much!

I'm getting ready to RNG a Registeel, and I already have a Latias and Garchomp, so I can easily use this to get into practice, then I am making my own team. What strategies are the most successful in the tower?

Has anyone tried Lapras?
Shell Armor prevents those CH that infests Battle Frontier... and she's damn bulky from the special side. Curse Lapras would make a nice poke for Battle Frontier, right?
Aside from OHKO moves and Double Team, of course.

I still can't play Battle Frontier... oh snap.

Also, Bozo, I am impressed. I don't think too many others are going to challenge even 200. You seem to have cracked the Castle. And I've done similar calculations for Salamence, it's almost as broken as Tyranitar is. Basically, as I'm sure you know, Salamence will get at least one kill a match, and intimidate is so useful. It's why I briefly thought of Salamence/Gyarados/Metagross. But that team gets fucked by electric, and most electrics have an annoying habbit of being faster lol. Now that I think of it, Salamence/gyarados/TTar seems nice. Team Dragon Dance.
i guess it kind of is cracked. but if you have a reliable team, you can grab CP when they are available, and then use them when required (lower levels of OHKO'ers etc). i mean i can even lower the level of choice scarf rampardos so that salamence outspeeds it. in fact, since you know the opponents 3 pokes, you can decide to sacrifice things you might not normally do. eg let rampardos kill blissey (he always dies from recoil since his hp is less than half blissey's max) if you know your other team members can take the remaining guy....

But that's another story, after my 2 millionth try at the hax factory. My friend used to call the emerald factory "the fiend factory". I'm sure most of you have realised that as your streak increases, the ratio of pokemon higher up the list increases. That's why i want to speak to mystic so much, I want to know whether that ratio continues after battle 49. i.e. @#56, does the choice generally conprise of pokemon seemingly lower down the list, in comparison to #240 or whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if it did, Game freak have a thing for putting legendaries first (I don't see it as coincedence that Palmer uses the #950 Regigigas in D/P, with the #949 and #948 Cress + Heatran). I seriously suspect that, and I believe that if I'm right, the factory will actually get (relatively)_easier_ for the very high streaks, when there is less "random percentages". Maybe that's part of what Xel was going on about %C. Maybe it's completely random after #49, like the tower is. Needless to say, if i ever get past #49, I intend to futher this theory. The key word there being "if".
i feel for anyone seriously trying to do the factory.....

in emerald i had read that the more you swap the more high powered pokemon you can use. however, i found out that while this was true, it also meant the opponent also had access to these pokemon. so, when i finally made it through to 42, i swapped as sparingly as possible, and did level 50, so i never had to face anything seriously tough. it worked there, and if i ever try the platinum BF again, i'll probably adopt a similar strategy.

something that makes platinum a bit easier though is that they tell you two of the opponents next pokes. in emerald they just said "tendency to use grass type" etc. in fact i remember one occasion they said the "no real preferences" line, and the opponent actually had 3 ground/water types lol...... (if there was a tie for most pokes of a particular type, it said no preference.)

good luck llewellyn - if you're persistent i think you will get it!

@mblade - its not a bad idea, but setting up on its own might be a bit risky. after curses, its speed is extremely low, and a high powered special attacker could make minced meat of it. there is ice shard, but thats not always going to help. your other pokes would have to be able to switch in on quite a few attacks - things like modest lucario are really going to hurt it.

that said, i remember a really annoying lapras i used to face in the upper levels of the d/p wifi battle tower. i think it had curse, ice shard, sheer cold, ???. it was EV'd so that my gengar could not 2HKO it. so it did rather well against my team. so that guy must have had some success with it to get that far.

also i had meant to mention i came up against a pokemon that is not on the list. this was somewhere between 300-400 in the battle castle. it was an adamant clefable (with a trainer who had weaker pokes), although i didnt write down its details - should have got stats/item/moves for ya, so sorry about that. but yeah, it had meteor mash, zen headbutt, and i think return, but i dont remember 4th move or its item.

also, the list seems to have razor claw and razor fang switched around in pretty much every case.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
also, the list seems to have razor claw and razor fang switched around in pretty much every case.
okay what? here is my edit note from that post:

Last edited by Jumpman16; Jun 6th, 2009 at 12:11:55 PM. Reason: swapped razor claw for razor fang

peterko told me that the items were swapped then and i changed them. the way they are currently makes the most sense, with the fastest pokemon having the flinch item and high-ch move pokemon having the ch item

if you printed out a version before june 6 use this one:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1489122&postcount=22

anyway good job on the battle castle, breaking 400 with a straight up team anywhere is seriously impressive (and would probably be more impressive in the castle than the arcade, depending how "impressive" one perceives great reaction time). it's a shame the castle isn't as romantic as the tower because there's much more management and skill in the castle

and yes, good luck to everyone playing the factory. i will again underline why i made such an epic post about my gold symbol because i *knew* what was in store for me if i were to lose at battle 49. in emerald (where the gold symbol is at 42), i lost from battle 29-42 at least 15 times or something dumb like that (including two losses at 42, lol). i don't think i lost once from 36-49 in plat, so yeah

i think i'm going to branch away from trick teams on this next attempt and try something new for me... while it isn't completely unheard of, it is something that not many people have tried using so i'm going to give it a go. hopefully i can make it past 67 lol still doing quite a bit of theory-testing, which is ultimiately useless if the user sucks, but being optimistic!!!

it sucks that DP has such a higher low cut-off than plat... works cut out for me i guess

EDIT: no posts in nearly a day, wow. well last night I lost in the first match after palmer 2 with my new team, but i will fault it to a lack of experience with the team and the computer being insanely haxy. I should have won, I really should have, but paralysis and the computer pitting two electrics in there really boded poorly for my team. back with a vengenance today hopefully though!

okay what? here is my edit note from that post:

Last edited by Jumpman16; Jun 6th, 2009 at 12:11:55 PM. Reason: swapped razor claw for razor fang

peterko told me that the items were swapped then and i changed them. the way they are currently makes the most sense, with the fastest pokemon having the flinch item and high-ch move pokemon having the ch item

if you printed out a version before june 6 use this one:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1489122&postcount=22
i'm pretty sure i had the right list. i checked my list with the one the first page links to. also, neutral natures seem to be "wrong" (not that it matters) - eg i'll see a poke in the castle has hardy nature, and then look it up in the list and it'll say quirky. (those natures from memory, might be wrong, but you know what i mean)

anyway good job on the battle castle, breaking 400 with a straight up team anywhere is seriously impressive (and would probably be more impressive in the castle than the arcade, depending how "impressive" one perceives great reaction time). it's a shame the castle isn't as romantic as the tower because there's much more management and skill in the castle
thanks :) but yeah, i think you just have to know how to manage your CP. ive gone beyond 500 now (including breaking the record of 444 from that other website). still going strong with 900-1000 CP.

i did get a gold symbol on the arcade, but didnt bother posting the streak - i think it was something smallish like 51 with salamence+blissey+??. and yeah, i pretty much just tried to click on something that would make the battle easy. i think you see the opponents pokes, right? so if they have physical attackers try and burn them, etc. might give it another try. i think when i lost i clicked on a symbol i hadnt seen before, and it made the thing go randomly, so i couldnt manipulate the gameboard for the next game.

and yes, good luck to everyone playing the factory. i will again underline why i made such an epic post about my gold symbol because i *knew* what was in store for me if i were to lose at battle 49. in emerald (where the gold symbol is at 42), i lost from battle 29-42 at least 15 times or something dumb like that (including two losses at 42, lol). i don't think i lost once from 36-49 in plat, so yeah
likewise. i spent close to 200 hours on emerald factory. i tried heaps of times with open level, and with lots of switches. but in the end the strategy i found worked best was level 50 with very few switches. it kept your pokes AND THE OPPONENTS much easier. lol i remember if you got the cloyster with toxic and double team, you were virtually guaranteed 7 wins mmmmmmmm.......

Am bored, so ganna list Factory Pokemon in the first 2 sets that I like and give reasons why (because let's face it, those are the 2 sets you will probably be playing most). I probably forgot a few and didn't list any Pokemon that I don't have experience with, so people who do a lot of Factorying feel free to chime~ in with Pokemon I didn't list :) Also this list is only for Open Level because I personally find it more fun than Level 50.

Pokemon from battles 1-14 that I almost always take
451 | Flygon | Adamant | Yache Berry | Earthquake | Dragon Claw | Roost | Sandstorm | Atk/Spe
Amazing double stab, Roost, Yache, good typing/ability

485 | Garchomp | Jolly | Brightpowder | Dragon Claw | Earthquake | Double Team | Sandstorm | Atk/Spe
Same reasons as Flygon minus Roost/Yache plus Brightpowder/broken ability

583 | Gardevoir | Modest | Chesto Berry | Psychic | Thunderbolt | Calm Mind | Rest | SpA/SpD
CM+Chesto Rest and good coverage, plus it can set up against most special pkmns

382 | Gastrodon | Careful | Focus Sash | Waterfall | Earthquake | Recover | Mirror Coat | HP/SpD
Focus Sash+Mirror Coat :D Water/Ground types are just amazing in general in the factory. Recover is cool because you can switch into attacks, Recover off the damage and still have your sash for later. Overall a very cool Pokemon.

441 | Gliscor | Adamant | Yache Berry | Earthquake | Aerial Ace | Swords Dance | Baton Pass | Atk/Def
SD, double stab, plus it can Baton Pass out to another physical pkmn for some fun

608 | Gyarados | Jolly | Lum Berry | Waterfall | Ice Fang | Iron Head | Dragon Dance | Atk/Spe
There really isn't much to say here huh. Getting this at like battle 8 just gives you an amazing feeling inside :3

460 | Hippowdon | Impish | Persim Berry | Earthquake | Crunch | Slack Off | Curse | Atk/Def
Despite not having any HP/SDef EVs, I find this can take a lot of special abuse. Like Gardevoir, any physical Pokemon is free setup

361 | Infernape | Jolly | Coba Berry | Close Combat | Fire Punch | U-turn | Fake Out | Atk/Spe
Best lead Pokemon oof

453 | Jolteon | Timid | Focus Sash | Thunderbolt | Thunder Wave | Agility | Baton Pass | SpA/Spe
Another good lead cos Focus Sash + Speed passing. It and Magnezone1 are pretty much the only good Electric types in the first 2 sets, so I rarely pass up a fast Pokemon with STAB Tbolt like this one

474 | Kingdra | Timid | Razor Fang | Surf | Dragon Pulse | SmokeScreen | Rain Dance | SpA/Spe
Only if it has Swift Swim. If it has Sniper or if you don't know what it has, I still generally take it because of the whole double STAB/good coverage and good typing stuff, but if it has Swift Swim I 100% take it

459 | Lucario | Modest | Brightpowder | Aura Sphere | Flash Cannon | Water Pulse | Roar | SpA/Spe
STAB Aura Sphere is very nice, especially if you get it from 8-14 (because if a Pokemon has a Double Team moveset, it's usually the 2nd moveset). Lucario is just too good of a Pokemon :x

523 | Ludicolo | Impish | Leftovers | Leech Seed | Toxic | Double Team | Rain Dance | HP/Def/SpD
490 | Meganium | Calm | Big Root | Giga Drain | Leech Seed | Toxic | Substitute | HP/Def/SpD
606 | Tangrowth | Bold | Big Root | Giga Drain | Leech Seed | Toxic | Double Team | HP/Def/SpA
487 | Venusaur | Bold | Big Root | Giga Drain | Ingrain | Leech Seed | Sleep Powder | HP/Def/SpD
Didn't try these out until Glen mentioned Leech Seed/Double Team Grass types being awesome, and he's absolutely right

435 | Machamp | Adamant | Scope Lens | Cross Chop | Earthquake | Bullet Punch | Foresight | HP/Atk
Always take this cos no matter what ability Machamp has, it will benefit this set. Cross Chop generally tears apart enemy Pokemon

571 | Machamp | Adamant | Focus Sash | Revenge | Earthquake | Payback | Counter | Def/SpD
Got this the first time when all I saw was EQ and thought it was the first set. It's also awesome because of CounterSash

422 | Pinsir | Adamant | Coba Berry | X-Scissor | Earthquake | Rock Slide | Swords Dance | Atk/Def
What an awesome moveset :> STAB, quakeslide, Swords Dance, 2 good abilities

607 | Porygon-Z | Timid | Choice Scarf | Tri Attack | Thunder Wave | Recover | Trick | SpA/Spe
Glenscarfing: The ultimate strategy (also Scarf Tri Attack is pretty awesome if you don't have a set up Pokemon)

366 | Quagsire | Adamant | Rindo Berry | Earthquake | Aqua Tail | Brick Break | Counter | HP/Atk
Same thing as Kingdra really: I always always always take it with Water Absorb, but most likely take it either way because Water/Ground is a really good typing to have

483 | Salamence | Adamant | Cheri Berry | Dragon Claw | Aerial Ace | Aqua Tail | Scary Face | Atk/Spe
619 | Salamence | Jolly | Razor Fang | Dragon Claw | Fire Fang | Thunder Fang | Dragon Dance | Atk/Spe
I have the powerrrrrrrrr

423 | Scizor | Impish | Brightpowder | X-Scissor | Bullet Punch | Swords Dance | Baton Pass | Atk/Def
No explanation necessary lol. Even with Swarm this thing is so good

509 | Skarmory | Careful | Leftovers | Fly | Toxic | Double Team | Roost | HP/Def/SpD
Same thing as the Leech Seed/Double Team Grass types. This thing nearly always sweeps everything as soon as I trade for it

397 | Slowbro | Bold | Chesto Berry | Psychic | Surf | Calm Mind | Yawn | Def/SpA
402 | Slowking | Quiet | Shell Bell | Psychic | Brine | Yawn | Trick Room | HP/Def/SpD
Yawn is good in general on a bulky Pokemon like Slowbro/king, but the CM/Trick Room+double STAB is icing

359 | Swampert | Adamant | Shell Bell | Waterfall | Earthquake | Ice Punch | Protect | HP/Atk
495 | Swampert | Adamant | Lum Berry | Aqua Tail | Earthquake | Hammer Arm | Curse | HP/Atk
I've already said how much I love having a Water/Ground type in the factory, and Swampert just takes it to the next level

351 | Venusaur | Modest | White Herb | Leaf Storm | Sludge Bomb | Amnesia | Sleep Powder | SpA/SpD
This is another good Venusaur set. White Herb+Leaf Storm is very good,strang, and Sleep Powder/Sludge Bomb make it a very good set in general

464 | Walrein | Adamant | Chople Berry | Ice Fang | Aqua Tail | Swagger | Encore | HP/Atk
This is like the only Pokemon with Encore in Open Level, so I always take it because Encore is amazing and Walrein has really good defensive stats (I don't have my SkarmCents and BlissCents memorized yet but I bet Walrein has enough of them to buy a DS game!!)

440 | Weavile | Adamant | Chople Berry | Night Slash | Ice Punch | Screech | Fake Out | Atk/Spe
Second best factory lead behind Infernape1 :)

Other Pokemon that are good in the Factory's first 14 battles but aren't "mandatory" (I'm too lazy to put explanations for these ones right now but I'll probably edit them in later)
371 | Breloom | Impish | Focus Sash | Seed Bomb | Sky Uppercut | Rock Slide | Counter | Atk/Def
481 | Dragonite | Adamant | Lum Berry | Dragon Claw | Aerial Ace | Thunder Wave | Dragon Dance | Atk/SpD
432 | Drapion | Adamant | Lum Berry | Poison Jab | Crunch | Aqua Tail | Acupressure | Atk/Def
455 | Espeon | Timid | Lum Berry | Psychic | Reflect | Calm Mind | Baton Pass | SpA/Spe
372 | Forretress | Brave | Occa Berry | Gyro Ball | Bug Bite | Revenge | Counter | Atk/Def
466 | Lapras | Adamant | Leftovers | Aqua Tail | Avalanche | Ice Shard | Curse | HP/Atk
468 | Magnezone | Bold | Light Clay | Thunderbolt | Mirror Shot | Light Screen | Reflect | Def/SpA
484 | Metagross | Adamant | Brightpowder | Zen Headbutt | Bullet Punch | Facade | Light Screen | Atk/Def
620 | Metagross | Modest | Wise Glasses | Psychic | Flash Cannon | Shadow Ball | Sludge Bomb | Def/SpA
476 | Milotic | Modest | Shell Bell | Surf | Ice Beam | Attract | Hypnosis | HP/SpA
403 | Miltank | Impish | Cheri Berry | Return | Iron Head | Thunder Wave | Milk Drink | Atk/Def
413 | Mismagius | Modest | Kasib Berry | Shadow Ball | Power Gem | Magical Leaf | Memento | SpA/Spe
418 | Muk | Adamant | Black Sludge | Poison Jab | Shadow Sneak | Minimize | Acid Armor | HP/Atk
552 | Poliwrath | Adamant | Lax Incense | Waterfall | DynamicPunch | Poison Jab | Bulk Up | HP/Atk
482 | Tyranitar | Brave | Focus Band | Rock Slide | Payback | Avalanche | Curse | Atk/SpD
456 | Umbreon | Careful | Leftovers | Payback | Confuse Ray | Curse | Baton Pass | Def/SpD
425 | Ursaring | Brave | Focus Sash | Slash | Payback | Avalanche | Counter | HP/Atk
452 | Vaporeon | Modest | Brightpowder | Surf | Ice Beam | Acid Armor | Baton Pass | HP/SpA
582 | Yanmega | Adamant | Muscle Band | Aerial Ace | U-turn | Night Slash | Steel Wing | Atk/Spe

I love talking about the factory

I've been experimenting with in the Arcade with Starmie + Garchomp + Metagross
I was doing really well... Picking only the options I knew, then the board went to "random." I ended up switching teams with my opponent >_>, I lost. Lol. So annoying =[

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've been trying the factory in between Tower runs and it's every bit as evil as ever. I did get this for a while at battle 8:

578 | Tentacruel | Calm | Black Sludge | Toxic | Giga Drain | Attract | Confuse Ray | HP/SpD

This is awesome because the AI won't switch, so you can Confuse Ray+Toxic+sometimes Attract on most things. Always fun to stall out Double Team Blissey.

Had fun with one other defensive Pokemon as well around the same time:

598 | Dusknoir | Careful | Leftovers | Curse | Pain Split | Confuse Ray | Attract | Def/SpD

Curse/Pain Split a Venusaur and Lapras to death, which was interesting. Hopefully this luck lasts for a while longer, I still worry about Thornton.

Edit (11:20 AM): Okay now that I clicked the right button I can post this in the right spot. >>; Anyway, I just went up against Thorton who got the Overheat/Air Slash/Ancientpower/Ominous Wind Moltres, and I switched out to Altaria, easily surviving the Overheat. next turn I dragon dance, but it Ancientpowers first, though I survive. Of course, it predictably gets the boost, making sure I couldn't even hit it before it attacked again. My Nidoking and Metagross didn't even have a shot against it either. So I lost that, I'll give it another shot now.

Edit 2 (12PM): I have to post this because early on I found a surprisingly good Pokemon after thinking I had a terrible group. Here it is:

431 | Bronzong | Impish | King's Rock | Extrasensory | Iron Head | Rock Slide | Trick Room | Def/SpD

Looks like it's trying to be offensive with a defensive spread but this thing has been wrecking opponents early. It's worth a shot unless you have a really deep pool of good Pokemon or have a really good team already. I'll update if I can later about any good Pokemon if I get past 14 again this time, let's hope 21 doesn't hold an overpowered Thornton again, I'd love to have a shot there.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm not exacterly the premier veteran on the factory. But battles 1-14 you may as well use full on offense. Toxic stall works, but I don't see the point of having 13 turn battles at #1 or #8. After 15, the streak gets a bit more serious, escpecially against Thorton, who is the biggest cheat ever (uses higher numbered pokemon, which aren't availble at #15-21. Also let it be known that Dragons and Steels are amazing, because the factory's ingame "metagame" is much more varied than OU, and with less pescific conters to other threats. (an example of this is the SD garchomp and DM latios, who beat like 98% of everything. In level 50, it is better to go with synergy, but at level 100, stats and movesets are more important.
There's usually a problem between 8-14 with that though. The vast majority of sets seem to be defensive at that range, and I had these stallers mainly because I had 1 offensive Pokemon out of 6 to choose from. If you can get offensive Pokemon, that's great, but sadly that second round is insanely defensive. Otherwise I'd totally agree with you.

i've swapped to starmie as my lead from counter-bond gengar for my first 49 battles and i'm convinced it's a smart decision... starmie slaughters everything. not that gengar doesn't accomplish a similar role, but starmie is really awesome for speed running. i'm currently using a timid life orb one because i don't have a modest expert belt to use, but i think this is going to work out just fine unless someone can provide good reason not use it. i also have garchomp on there (2/3 of jump's starmie/chomp/ttar team that everyone used for a while), and now I don't have anything that hits shedinja. i love metagross though. something with a strong priority in bullet punch and that can explode on a last poke when i'm still sitting with an untouched garchomp is just too awesome to pass on.

still pressing on with the team i came up with, though two losses in the first set of seven is depressing. it comes down to learning how to play with the team though, and i made it to the 7th battle before i lost on the 2nd run--which i lost for the same reason!--so i at least made progress. and i managed to down the electric types that came at me again in the first couple battles, which was an improvement. stalling is gay though, PP counting and switching and ten minute battles... if it wins it wins though.

good luck to everyone struggling through the factory i wish i could join you

I've been experimenting with in the Arcade with Starmie + Garchomp + Metagross
I was doing really well... Picking only the options I knew, then the board went to "random." I ended up switching teams with my opponent >_>, I lost. Lol. So annoying =[
ahahahahah THAT IS HOW I LOST TOO!!!!!!! it was so long ago all i remember is that i'd randomed up the thing, but then i ended up switching and watching "their" salamence murder "my" entire team with outrage. how depressing.....

@kingbattlus - yes, timid LO starmie owns in 1-49. i use salamence as my 2nd sweeper (AA for shedinja). metagross is an interesting option too - ive never used it in the frontier, but youre right- being able to just explode on the last poke is handy. and a priority move would be so useful in some situations.

EDIT: i mentioned this a while back, and i dont know if it would be useful to anyone, but:

Code:
---------------- Salamence - 167 atk - choice band ----------------

Neutral Outrage.        Neutral Earthquake.     Neutral Rockslide.

| Def | Min | Max |     | Def | Min | Max |     | Def | Min | Max |
+-----+-----+-----+     +-----+-----+-----+     +-----+-----+-----+
|  60 | 315 | 372 |     |  60 | 175 | 207 |     |  60 | 132 | 156 |
|  65 | 291 | 343 |     |  65 | 162 | 191 |     |  65 | 122 | 144 |
|  70 | 271 | 319 |     |  70 | 151 | 178 |     |  70 | 113 | 134 |
|  75 | 253 | 298 |     |  75 | 141 | 166 |     |  75 | 106 | 125 |
|  80 | 237 | 279 |     |  80 | 132 | 156 |     |  80 |  99 | 117 |
|  85 | 222 | 262 |     |  85 | 124 | 146 |     |  85 |  93 | 110 |
|  90 | 211 | 249 |     |  90 | 117 | 138 |     |  90 |  88 | 104 |
|  95 | 199 | 235 |     |  95 | 111 | 131 |     |  95 |  84 |  99 |
| 100 | 189 | 223 |     | 100 | 106 | 125 |     | 100 |  79 |  94 |
| 105 | 180 | 213 |     | 105 | 101 | 119 |     | 105 |  76 |  90 |
| 110 | 172 | 204 |     | 110 |  96 | 114 |     | 110 |  73 |  96 |
| 115 | 165 | 195 |     | 115 |  92 | 109 |     | 115 |  69 |  82 |
| 120 | 159 | 187 |     | 120 |  88 | 104 |     | 120 |  67 |  79 |
| 125 | 153 | 180 |     | 125 |  85 | 100 |     | 125 |  63 |  75 |
| 130 | 145 | 172 |     | 130 |  81 |  96 |     | 130 |  62 |  73 |
| 135 | 141 | 166 |     | 135 |  79 |  93 |     | 135 |  59 |  70 |
| 140 | 135 | 160 |     | 140 |  76 |  90 |     | 140 |  57 |  68 |
| 145 | 130 | 154 |     | 145 |  73 |  86 |     | 145 |  55 |  65 |
| 150 | 127 | 150 |     | 150 |  71 |  84 |     | 150 |  53 |  63 |
| 155 | 123 | 145 |     | 155 |  68 |  81 |     | 155 |  51 |  61 |
| 160 | 118 | 141 |     | 160 |  67 |  79 |     | 160 |  50 |  59 |
| 165 | 115 | 136 |     | 165 |  64 |  76 |     | 165 |  49 |  58 |
| 170 | 111 | 132 |     | 170 |  62 |  74 |     | 170 |  47 |  56 |
| 175 | 109 | 129 |     | 175 |  61 |  72 |     | 175 |  45 |  54 |
| 180 | 106 | 126 |     | 180 |  59 |  70 |     | 180 |  45 |  53 |
| 185 | 102 | 121 |     | 185 |  57 |  68 |     | 185 |  43 |  51 |
| 190 | 100 | 118 |     | 190 |  56 |  66 |     | 190 |  42 |  50 |
| 195 |  97 | 115 |     | 195 |  55 |  65 |     | 195 |  41 |  49 |
| 200 |  94 | 112 |     | 200 |  53 |  63 |     | 200 |  40 |  48 |

----------- Milotic - 120 SpAtk -----------     Blissey - 95 Sp Atk

Neutral Surf.           Neutral Ice Beam.       Neutral Flamethrower.

| Def | Min | Max |     | Def | Min | Max |     | Def | Min | Max |
|  60 | 108 | 127 |     |  60 |  72 |  85 |     |  60 |  57 |  68 |
|  65 | 100 | 118 |     |  65 |  67 |  79 |     |  65 |  53 |  63 |
|  70 |  93 | 109 |     |  70 |  62 |  73 |     |  70 |  49 |  58 |
|  75 |  85 | 102 |     |  75 |  57 |  68 |     |  75 |  45 |  54 |
|  80 |  81 |  96 |     |  80 |  54 |  64 |     |  80 |  43 |  51 |
|  85 |  76 |  91 |     |  85 |  51 |  61 |     |  85 |  40 |  48 |
|  90 |  72 |  85 |     |  90 |  48 |  57 |     |  90 |  39 |  46 |
|  95 |  67 |  81 |     |  95 |  45 |  54 |     |  95 |  36 |  43 |
| 100 |  66 |  78 |     | 100 |  44 |  52 |     | 100 |  34 |  41 |
| 105 |  61 |  73 |     | 105 |  41 |  49 |     | 105 |  33 |  39 |
| 110 |  58 |  70 |     | 110 |  39 |  47 |     | 110 |  32 |  38 |
| 115 |  57 |  67 |     | 115 |  38 |  45 |     | 115 |  30 |  36 |
| 120 |  54 |  64 |     | 120 |  36 |  43 |     | 120 |  29 |  35 |
| 125 |  52 |  63 |     | 125 |  35 |  42 |     | 125 |  28 |  33 |
| 130 |  51 |  60 |     | 130 |  34 |  40 |     | 130 |  27 |  32 |
| 135 |  49 |  58 |     | 135 |  33 |  39 |     | 135 |  26 |  31 |
| 140 |  46 |  55 |     | 140 |  31 |  37 |     | 140 |  25 |  30 |
| 145 |  45 |  54 |     | 145 |  30 |  36 |     | 145 |  24 |  29 |
| 150 |  43 |  52 |     | 150 |  29 |  35 |     | 150 |  23 |  28 |
| 155 |  42 |  51 |     | 155 |  28 |  34 |     | 155 |  22 |  27 |
| 160 |  42 |  49 |     | 160 |  28 |  33 |     | 160 |  22 |  26 |
not worked out in a particularly clever way, but anyway.... should have used matlab lol...... at least the salamence calculations might be somewhat useful to some people.

i never bothered doing aerial ace, because i just halve the damage from outrage and its only gonna be off by a point or two. also, when chosing to level up/down the foes (in the castle) i pretty much just do rough guestimates in my head, so it's possible that will come back to bite me one day. oh well..

By the way legendaries do turn up in the Battle Fagtory before the fourth set - Thorton had an Articuno when I faced him. Along with a fucking haxer Nidoking of course.

made it through the first set of 7 after palmer and was feeling pretty good... and then i lost in battle 57 to a stupid espeon.

it CMed up, got an untimely crit which cost me the match. i could've played it a little differently but i definitely would've been putting a lot of faith in the hax working my way instead of the game's to pull out a win. and espeon was the first poke, so there were still two mystery pokes that could've been troublesome still...

sigh... i am getting better with the team though, it's getting easier to see what i should be doing and stuff. i almost goofed up in the battle 50 against a drifblim that i tried to use Counter against lol but i'm getting better now!

I got to 147 wins in the Battle Hall with SpecsMence, but lost to a Bastiodon.
I missed Hydro Pump, and it OHKO'd me with Blizzard. >.<
I've also gotten to 63 wins in the Battle Tower with Gyarados, LO Electivire, and Scarf Heatran.
I don't really remember what happened at the battle that I lost, but I remember a Machamp Quick Claw activiation and a Cross Chop miss against a Porygon-2 cost me the match.

great post phid!!!

in other news at 36 or so my team of good mons lost to the dd altaria

edit: also im more appreciative of mence now. set 1 isnt too bad, i just find without se moves his dclaw often falls short of an ohko and he'll get killed by something random. the outrage set is absolutely amazing, i have no idea why i didn't mention it earlier. anything with outrage is amazing. the outrage dragonite will kill absolutely everything too. outrage garchomp? dont even worry.

I came across Garchomp4 last night somewhere in the 29-35 set but accidentally hit B when he asked me to trade. Kinda sucks because I had Froslass3/Swampert1/Cresselia3 at the time and I would have loved to trade Froslass for it. I also happened to lose the next battle against a team of Heracross/Tauros/Gengar, ended up being Gengar vs Cress with both at full HP and the Gengar was the Payapa set :( If I had Garchomp instead of Froslass I think I would have had a much better chance of winning, but I have nobody to blame but myself for that.

Also not EVERYTHING with Outrage is good, but at least everything with STAB Outrage is good. Only saying this because of things like the STABless Snorlax set with like Outrage/Gunk Shot oof

Update on my Tower progress:

I've passed my previous 196 record, with a different Steel type than Scizor... indeed, it's Registeel. He has not died once in the entire streak. He's that good. Anyway, I'll post again whenever I lose... I doubt I'll get anywhere near Peterko... but oh well.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
oh ya sry i meant stab outrage

outrage venusaur is -_____-
STOP

stop.

outrage venusaur won me battles 43-49 in the factory we are bffs~, it beat a big bad latios 1-on-1 because of its strongs

lol in all seriousness i can't really hate on many pokes because if they can comprise a great team for you then they rule by default. my "second-favorite poke" in the plat factory is that sb/ep/sb/ib@eb nidoking that beat a lot of pokemon in 36-42. now obviously spitstar is the real default #1 pokemon mainly because it got me out of emerald factory hell, its set hasnt changed ever, and i use it on a real BT team but yeah. in a way, the acupressure drapion is a new #1 pokemon (starmie understands what i mean by this and isn't offended so yeah) because its uniqueness gave me a separate idea for the battle tower that i otherwise may not have gotten

still can't believe only eight people have the gold symbol in the factory. for comparison, 200 has been broken eight times in the platinum tower. how many people here would rather try to get to 49 in the factory (Lv. 50 or open) than try to get to 300 in the platinum tower, a feat that, for another comparison, had only been accomplished four times this time last year? (hint: the fact that you're allowed to use the strategies that garo and i have posted that have resulted in all but one of the 200+ platinum streaks is a factor here [and i'm allowed to make this comment for obvious reasons!])

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
bozo exploding with 500+...

other people struggling in their streaks...

man, I´ll never get a nice streak...

maybe I should give up...

oh wait, I´m not that type of guy...

I´ll give it all I´ve got!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)