Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

Yeah, pretty sure you have to wait for it to hit you to figure out it's moveset, but it's better than nothing. Similarly, is there a way to figure out it's ability or are they random each time? It would help against Bronzong and similar Pokémon.

@Drathos: Congrats on the win :) Out of curiosity though, were you playing on Platinum or HG/SS when you beat Thorton?

@CPU: Just don't forget that the AI stops using random attacks and becomes exactly like the AI in the other facilities starting at battle 28 :p

I was playing on Platinum.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Mespirit did get a Flash off before going down.
Bingo. I'll also give a little insight into why I Flashed instead of using Thunderwave, as both would have given Glaceon a 75% chance of hitting me. I wanted Glaceon to run out of Ice Beam PP as soon as possible, and though the 75% chance it would not be FP if I hit with TW is equal to the ¾ chance it would miss Mesprit due to Flash, I don't want it to be FP for 4-5 turns even though I can't die to Hail since I had Walrein's Leftovers. Which is a coincidence—the vast majority of the time, I'd have to watch out for dying regardless of whether IB hits, but when if do die (not if— when), I would want Glaceon to have as little PP, especially IB PP as possible.

So ideally, I want to Flash the shit out of Glaceon so it misses as much as possible on Mesprit and then Drapion (unless it misses all IBs on Mesprit, which just won't happen cause it was using SB anyway). So why did I TW the next turn (missing due to Snow Cloak is inconsequential)? Well, -1 accuracy and paralysis grant Mesprit a 56.25% chance of hitting Mesprit even if it will have one more PP than it would have otherwise if it can't hit Mesprit due to being FP. -2 accuracy grants Glaceon a 60% chance of hitting Mesprit. So, for that turn, it makes more sense to Thunderwave, especially since you can only paralyse Glaceon once, and I'd obviously be spamming Flash for as long as Mesprit is still alive to have it expend as much PP as possible.

This should go to show you that there's actually quite a bit of strategy involved with Flash, contrary to the popular belief that everything dealing with evasion is 100% luck based.

what team are you using?!
I've been using

1-49

Timid Starmie
Life Orb
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Adamant Garchomp
Choice Scarf
Outrage
Substitute
Swords Dance
Earthquake

Hasty Tyranitar
Lum Berry
Crunch
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Aqua Tail

Generally, I have no problem getting to 49 and beating the frontier brain.

Then, from 50 onwards, I've been using

Timid Mesprit
Choice Scarf
Thunderwave
Flash
Trick
Charm

Adamant Drapion
Leftovers
Crunch
Rest
Substitute
Acupressure

Adamant Garchomp
Lum Berry
Outrage
Substitute
Swords Dance
Earthquake

I've collected around 1500-1700 BP over the last few days losing over and over again. I've wanted to try some other setups, but no one in smogon wifi seems to have any pokemon for other team setups nor wants to let go of them. Mostly I've been losing to things that I flash multiple times, but keep hitting me, tricking the wrong pokemon (one time I lost to flashing a physical lucario that then proceeded to 3-0ed my team, then the next time I fought lucario, I tricked it into a flash cannon which 3-0ed my entire team), oftentimes getting +6 accuracy, +6 special attack +6 speed by the time the opponent pokemon used up all pp on a 10 pp move and struggled itself to death before switching out to an earthquaker/cursespammer, or losing 1-50 because I miss multiple times (I just got 3-0ed by a skarmory at around 30ish because I switched to tyranitar for the previous pokemon, missed fire blast 5 times so skarmory got +5 double team up, then I couldn't kill it with starmie/garchomp.
Usually, moves are predictable, but when I get one shot by a crit hydro pump on the first turn, there's not much I can do.

I've been trying to decide whether to make a rain dance doubles team or breed a careful drapion/get a registeel, but I've already put 750+ hours into this game, so at this point, I'm just restarting the tower over and over at the moment.

Lol I hate the 5th round of the Battle Factory; this time I lost to a Milotic who, I could have beaten if I played correctly. I had the Trick Porygon-Z and a stalling Tangrowth against a Milotic. I use Tri Attack, but the Milotic uses Hypnosis. Had I used Trick, I could have stalled it out and possibly won. Oh well.

I'll keep trying.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Bingo. I'll also give a little insight into why I Flashed instead of using Thunderwave, as both would have given Glaceon a 75% chance of hitting me. I wanted Glaceon to run out of Ice Beam PP as soon as possible, and though the 75% chance it would not be FP if I hit with TW is equal to the ¾ chance it would miss Mesprit due to Flash, I don't want it to be FP for 4-5 turns even though I can't die to Hail since I had Walrein's Leftovers. Which is a coincidence—the vast majority of the time, I'd have to watch out for dying regardless of whether IB hits, but when if do die (not if— when), I would want Glaceon to have as little PP, especially IB PP as possible.

So ideally, I want to Flash the shit out of Glaceon so it misses as much as possible on Mesprit and then Drapion (unless it misses all IBs on Mesprit, which just won't happen cause it was using SB anyway). So why did I TW the next turn (missing due to Snow Cloak is inconsequential)? Well, -1 accuracy and paralysis grant Mesprit a 56.25% chance of hitting Mesprit even if it will have one more PP than it would have otherwise if it can't hit Mesprit due to being FP. -2 accuracy grants Glaceon a 60% chance of hitting Mesprit. So, for that turn, it makes more sense to Thunderwave, especially since you can only paralyse Glaceon once, and I'd obviously be spamming Flash for as long as Mesprit is still alive to have it expend as much PP as possible.

This should go to show you that there's actually quite a bit of strategy involved with Flash, contrary to the popular belief that everything dealing with evasion is 100% luck based.
You actually attempted to use Trick as your second move with Mespirit not Thunder Wave. I thought you were trying to get rid of Glaceon's Wise Glasses even if it meant giving it Leftovers. I didn't quite get why it was so important since I think Drapion would still go down to 2 Ice Beams. Thunder Wave makes a lot more sense.

47 on battle factory (Gr! Lost to guy right before thorton the second time)
Lucario@Expert Belt
Adamant
Blaze Kick
Shadow Claw
EQ
Close Combat

Latios@Wise Glasses, I'm pretty sure
Modest Nature
Energy ball
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam

Tauros@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Zen Headbutt
Earthquake
Return
Stone Edge

Story on last battle:
My Lucario Vs. His Tyranitar
Tyranitar uses Fire Punch!
Lucario is OHKO'd.

Now I know this is a Scarftar, so I send in Latios to take care of it.
Tyranitar uses Fire Punch, Latios takes like a champ and shrugs it off.
Latios uses Energy Ball, takes out about 60-70%ish of T-tar's HP.
Tyranitar uses Fire Punch, Latios is at about 70%.
Latios is burned!
Latios uses Energy Ball, Tyranitar faints.

Dang Burnhax.

Pokemon Breeder _____ sends in Suicune.
Latios uses Energy Ball, takes Suicune to about 40%.
Suicune used Blizzard!
Latios faints.

Go Tauros!
Tauros used Return. Takes Suicune to about 2%.
Suicune misses with Hydro Pump!
Sandstorm kills suicune.

Okay, I've got a chance, c'mon...please, nothing Ghost...

Pokemon Breeder _____ sends out Drifblim
Tauros uses Return. fails. Drifblim hammers Tauros down bit by bit with Air Cutter, crits for the kill.
Froggrunner Drops DS, stunned, DS hinge side snaps. Dang it.

This is in Platinum, fyi.

I've been using

1-49

Timid Starmie
Life Orb
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Adamant Garchomp
Choice Scarf
Outrage
Substitute
Swords Dance
Earthquake

Hasty Tyranitar
Lum Berry
Crunch
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Aqua Tail

Generally, I have no problem getting to 49 and beating the frontier brain.

Then, from 50 onwards, I've been using

Timid Mesprit
Choice Scarf
Thunderwave
Flash
Trick
Charm

Adamant Drapion
Leftovers
Crunch
Rest
Substitute
Acupressure

Adamant Garchomp
Lum Berry
Outrage
Substitute
Swords Dance
Earthquake

I've collected around 1500-1700 BP over the last few days losing over and over again. I've wanted to try some other setups, but no one in smogon wifi seems to have any pokemon for other team setups nor wants to let go of them. Mostly I've been losing to things that I flash multiple times, but keep hitting me, tricking the wrong pokemon (one time I lost to flashing a physical lucario that then proceeded to 3-0ed my team, then the next time I fought lucario, I tricked it into a flash cannon which 3-0ed my entire team), oftentimes getting +6 accuracy, +6 special attack +6 speed by the time the opponent pokemon used up all pp on a 10 pp move and struggled itself to death before switching out to an earthquaker/cursespammer, or losing 1-50 because I miss multiple times (I just got 3-0ed by a skarmory at around 30ish because I switched to tyranitar for the previous pokemon, missed fire blast 5 times so skarmory got +5 double team up, then I couldn't kill it with starmie/garchomp.
Usually, moves are predictable, but when I get one shot by a crit hydro pump on the first turn, there's not much I can do.

I've been trying to decide whether to make a rain dance doubles team or breed a careful drapion/get a registeel, but I've already put 750+ hours into this game, so at this point, I'm just restarting the tower over and over at the moment.
Hey for the second team i would like advice you to use Carefull over Adamant on Drapion, i have been using adamant aswell, but after that i started to do some calcs and saw some 2 hit KOs turned into 3 and some 3s in to 4s! So i would say careful is defo the way to go.

What i hate is getting 3x accuracy in a row or something like speed or...than it usually gets hot under my feet =)

1 Question: Why the bloody hell, are you putting a scarf on a SD Chomp?
Or is that a typo
I don't use anything other than outrage or earthquake for 1-49, so it's fine. I use it because it's the same garchomp I use 50+. There's no point getting a second garchomp just for two filler moves that I'd never use. Just lost at 55ish to a golduck. Aqua tail crit mesprit to 25%. Trick choice scarf, aqua tail dead mesprit. Aqua tail drapion to 65%ish, acupressure accuracy. Aqua tail drapion to 30%ish, acupressure attack, Aqua tail drapion miss, acupressure accuracy, aqua tail 5%, rest to 100%, aqua tail to 60%ish, sleep, aqua tail, aqua tail, dead. Killed golduck with garchomp, lost to the next pokemon.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You actually attempted to use Trick as your second move with Mespirit not Thunder Wave. I thought you were trying to get rid of Glaceon's Wise Glasses even if it meant giving it Leftovers. I didn't quite get why it was so important since I think Drapion would still go down to 2 Ice Beams. Thunder Wave makes a lot more sense.
haha, maybe I should have paid attention to my own replay! I did assess the situation at the time though, Drapion takes 46-54% from IB without wise glasses and 50% min with. I think I felt that the slim chance I'd have to take two Ice Beams naked was better than having it FP since I wanted it to use up its PP, but I should probably have used TW anyway

"Guess I was lucky" (fuck Snow Cloak so much). It was actually Walein's Hail that prevented Garchomp from getting to +6, which is why I had to Outrage Abomasnow (+6 EQ kills), and after missing Glaceon the first time I would have Subbed to waste as much IB PP as possible since it's 3-1 at that point but whatever. Hail teams really suck...

Timid Mesprit
Choice Scarf
Thunderwave
Flash
Trick
Charm

Adamant Drapion
Leftovers
Crunch
Rest
Substitute
Acupressure

Adamant Garchomp
Lum Berry
Outrage
Substitute
Swords Dance
Earthquake

As a heads up, Natures are killing you here. Drapion should indeed be Careful with a ton of SpD so it can take Surfs and the rare Flash Cannon, Garchomp should be Jolly because there's like 50 pokemon that outspeed you otherwise, and Mesprit doesn't have much of a use for Timid (Aerodactyl is a pushover). You shouldn't lose to physical Luke if you Trick it, nor should you keep Drapion in when a poke starts to struggle and it's not adequately set up.

Yeah, I got a careful drapion and jolly Garchomp yesterday. I've just been losing to things that one shot mesprit with crits on the first turn. Back over 50. I'll update when I lose.

Okay, just lost.
Skarmory
Trick
Brave Bird crit
Charm
Brave Bird crit
Mesprit dies
Drapion acu accuracu
Brave bird
Drapion +accuracy, +speed + spatk + evasion multiple times until skarmory kills itself with brave bird recoil damage and a struggle
Rhydon comes out
I rest up to see if I can avoid anything because of my +6 evasion
earthquake to 30%
asleep
earthquake
drapion dead
Garchomp comes out
Horn drill OHKO garchomp

maybe I should've gone for the crunch onto rhydon, but I was doubting that a +2 or +4 crunch from a careful drapion would kill rhydon. I had around 20% before the rest, so going for two crunches wouldn't have worked even if it did over 50%.

a picture of the record would be nice, but at the very least, tell us the pokemon you used when you finally lost and how you lost.

Hmm how come there are no records for Double Battle Factory? I remember getting 33 in Open Level but that save file is gone, apparently I would have been in first place...

Arrrrrrrrr, I got to Battle 46, then I was watching TV, then my brother came, and tapped, the roluette, and it landed on the switched pokemon function, I got OHKOed by my own Flygon, I didnt stand a chance, that was my highest on the Battle Arcade, all my other streaks end in the accidental press of the switched pokemon function, 'shakes fist!'

Yeah, I got a careful drapion and jolly Garchomp yesterday. I've just been losing to things that one shot mesprit with crits on the first turn. Back over 50. I'll update when I lose.

Okay, just lost.
Skarmory
Trick
Brave Bird crit
Charm
Brave Bird crit
Mesprit dies
Drapion acu accuracu
Brave bird
Drapion +accuracy, +speed + spatk + evasion multiple times until skarmory kills itself with brave bird recoil damage and a struggle
Rhydon comes out
I rest up to see if I can avoid anything because of my +6 evasion
earthquake to 30%
asleep
earthquake
drapion dead
Garchomp comes out
Horn drill OHKO garchomp

maybe I should've gone for the crunch onto rhydon, but I was doubting that a +2 or +4 crunch from a careful drapion would kill rhydon. I had around 20% before the rest, so going for two crunches wouldn't have worked even if it did over 50%.
If you'd rested up on the Skarmory you would have avoided that situation and slapped hax right in the face. When Rhydon came out, Substitute to avoid QC hax and then Crunch away. Since you had +speed and +6 Evasion there's very little that can outspeed you and OHKO you, especially if you have either a substitute or enough HP for a substitute.

While the hax certainly contributed to the loss, I'd suggest you take things a bit slower next time in a situation like this, as most of my streaks end when I make poor decisions rather than when I get haxxed to death.

Just got my Soulsilver game and i would like to know, how different the Pokemon in HG/SS/Platinum battle tower are (compared to D/P)?
What changed?

Seems that it is easier to win because of the high win streaks i just saw on Page 1 of this topic ;)

Just got my Soulsilver game and i would like to know, how different the Pokemon in HG/SS/Platinum battle tower are (compared to D/P)?
What changed?

Seems that it is easier to win because of the high win streaks i just saw on Page 1 of this topic ;)
Many of the Pokemon used changed (they have differerent lists in the first post), but the main reason for the high streaks is because of changes in strategy. In Platinum, loeads of Pokemon got Trick, and so Trick teams had better Pokemon available.

I got an Idea for Double Battles (Multi):

Lead A:
Smeargle @ Scarf
Nature: jolly/timid
EV spread: 252 HP / 8 DEF / 248 Speed
Moveset:
~ Dark Void
~ Spot Light
~ Destiny Bond
~ ????

Lead B:
Smeargle @ Focussash
Nature: jolly/timid
EV spread: 252 HP / 8 DEF / 248 Speed
Moveset:
~ Dark Void
~ Sub
~ Skillswap
~ Sheercold

next Pokemon A:
Machamp @ ???
Nature: adamant/jolly
EV spread: Bulky EVs, Speed EVs, too to outrun Pokemon with sturdy
Moveset:
~ CloseCombat
~ Bulletpunch
~ Rockslide
~ Protect

next Pokemon B:

???? @ ???
Nature:
EV spread: Moveset:
~
~
~
~

So Smeargle and his twin comes in. Scarfsmeargle and OHKOSmeargle both use Darkvoid for a higher chance that both opposite pokemon fell asleep.
Scarfsmeargle switches to Machamp and OHKO Smeargle uses Skillswap or maybe substitute.
Then start attacking.

Do not forget: You can not switch ScarfSmeagle to ??? and you can't switch OHKOSmeargle to Machamp.

Machamp should KO annoying sturdy pokemon. BulletPunch for fast Focussash-user, Rockslide for Sash-user too and other stuff. Protect is nice and helpful. Once Machamp is deafeated, Scarfsmeargle comes back and uses Spotlight to help OHKOSmeargle. Destiny Bond maybe is useful too i don't know, any suggestions for the last (two) slot(s)?

Also any suggestions for the last Pokemon? Has to be something that can destroy things, OHKOSmeargle could'nt. It has to be very fast too i think, because OHKOSmeargle is not the fastest Pokemon and will maybe lose to faster dudes, so that my ????-poke should kill them afterwards.

What dou you think? May this Concept work?

Does anyone have an opinion on this?:
Thanks!

I want to put a Tyranitar in my Battle Hall team. (I'm not ready for a trick team yet.) Would it be crazy to use Rock Slide in place of Stone Edge? I'm not to keen on the Edge's 80% accuracy...

Adventures over 50

Drapion got frozen and died from tyranitar hitting it with ice punch 15 damage hits over and over while sandstorm equalized the leftovers

Drapion manages to tank signal beams to around half health, gets confused and hits itself in confusion three times in a row and was thus unable to rest.

Flashed Yanmega twice, bug buzz 3 shot mesprit, got speed boosts, took drapion down low with failure acupressures, rested, yanmega killed it in its sleep, took garchomp to like 20% to get killed by the next thing.

Killl meeeeee

Up to 2200 BP on me, and I used around 300-400 a couple days ago for move tutor moves.
2500-2600 bp of failure.

May 25: I'm on floor 100 now wooooo
Got my 100 wins, yay.

Hey in stead of Garchomp you could go for Gyarados. As i did not encounter any strong electric users and Gyarados does a good job against waters / bugs / ground. The pokes that usually give drapion a hard time!

I gave it max attack some speed (i think 134 or so) and rest in HP. You could go for more sdef & hp and no speed ev's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 6)