Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
What's the link to the most commonly used damage calculator?
Maybe not the most commonly used but by far the best:

http://www.smogon.com/calc/

Why would you Curse with almost literally no attacking moves?
Too grab the defense boosts of course, but I see where you are coming from. I think Iron Defence would be better, because unless you actually want to lose speed, Iron Defence is better. The attack boosts are almost irrelevant due to the fact that Knock Off has the same base power as Rapid Spin (a mighty 20)

The only way to get a Hippowdon with Slack Off and Stockpile is breeding with a male Smeargle that has Sketched both moves, right?
Yup!

I knew that.

So Explosion won't halve the pokemon's Defense if its used against it?
I believe it would still halve the Defense stat. It is only halved during damage caluculation, a technical thing, so those abilities would not block it I guess.

Question: Are Special sweepers better than Physical sweepers?

Very little things can reduce the SpA stat, while Atk is reduced by burn, physical moves may trigger skills like Effect Spore or Static, and the only skill that reduces SpA sharply is Captivate, which only works on the opposite gender. Since Special sweepers are quite safe from having their SpA stat reduced, are they generally better sweepers?

I'm trying to get a TM 64 Explosion in my Diamond version. But, I can't seem to get enough bonus rounds in the game corner in Veilstone. You need ten in a row to win; I've tried about 25 times and my best is nine.

Under normal circumstances, I always follow clefairy's instructions, but I keep getting screwed over by the red moon. I know you're supposed to not push any buttons, so when the red moon shows up, I wait for the glow to fade, then wait another few seconds (maybe 10) before stopping the reels where clefairy points. But it seems to me that even if I don't push any buttons while the red moons is glowing, I have a higher chance of losing at the end of the round. I figure that the clefairy is becoming fatigued even when I try to dodge the red moon, so I'm probably doing something wrong.

Can someone explain to me how they got around the red moons? Thanks.

P.S. On the plus side, I have a lot (27k) of coins, I started with less than 1k.

Maybe not the most commonly used but by far the best:
Too grab the defense boosts of course, but I see where you are coming from. I think Iron Defence would be better, because unless you actually want to lose speed, Iron Defence is better. The attack boosts are almost irrelevant due to the fact that Knock Off has the same base power as Rapid Spin (a mighty 20)
Thanks, that is good advice.

I'm building a Hail team and am noticing a rather massive weakness to fighting moves, what could I do to combat say... Infernapes more readily. Currently the team stands in the concept as Abomasnow Lead, Glaceon C.Scarf, Weavile Revenge Kill, Walrein Stall, Clefable Toxic Abuse, and Hitmonchan. Glaceon and Abomasnow I'd prefer to have stay on the team. Admittedly It's taking bits from UU and NU as well as OU, but for some reason I took it that avoiding Hail damage was the priority.

Why is Staraptor played with 200 Speed-EVs (look here) if it carries choice scarf? I know it reaches 427 Speed, but what means that?

/e: Thanks

Why is Staraptor played with 220 Speed-EVs (look here) if it carries choice scarf? I know it reaches 427 Speed, but what means that?
if he carry a choice scarf then he dont got much need for max speed, 200 evs(yeah, 200) are enough to outspeed choice scarf heatran, adamant choice scarf heracross, scarf gallade and all base 130 pokemons, and probably outspeeding something specific i dont remember, leftovers evs are put into hp to take hits a little better.

I can't seem to get past a 47 win streak at the battle tower.

I'm using Garchomp, Gengar and Umbreon. I don't think I should be using Umbreon. All I want is a 100 streak for the Trainer Card star.

Who should be my third? Chomp is Life Orb DClaw/SDance/Fire Fang/EQ, Gengar is Scarf Tbolt/SBall/Focus Blast/Energy Ball (Should get rid of this, this Gengar was from DP), Umbreon is Lefties CRay/Toxic/Wish/BPass.

I'm trying to get a TM 64 Explosion in my Diamond version. But, I can't seem to get enough bonus rounds in the game corner in Veilstone. You need ten in a row to win; I've tried about 25 times and my best is nine.

Under normal circumstances, I always follow clefairy's instructions, but I keep getting screwed over by the red moon. I know you're supposed to not push any buttons, so when the red moon shows up, I wait for the glow to fade, then wait another few seconds (maybe 10) before stopping the reels where clefairy points. But it seems to me that even if I don't push any buttons while the red moons is glowing, I have a higher chance of losing at the end of the round. I figure that the clefairy is becoming fatigued even when I try to dodge the red moon, so I'm probably doing something wrong.

Can someone explain to me how they got around the red moons? Thanks.

P.S. On the plus side, I have a lot (27k) of coins, I started with less than 1k.
Yeah, you're doing something wrong. When the red moon happens, DO NOT copy Clefairy. It has nothing to do with timing, it's about the directions. So just disobey Clefairy when a red moon shows up.

I'm building a Hail team and am noticing a rather massive weakness to fighting moves, what could I do to combat say... Infernapes more readily. Currently the team stands in the concept as Abomasnow Lead, Glaceon C.Scarf, Weavile Revenge Kill, Walrein Stall, Clefable Toxic Abuse, and Hitmonchan. Glaceon and Abomasnow I'd prefer to have stay on the team. Admittedly It's taking bits from UU and NU as well as OU, but for some reason I took it that avoiding Hail damage was the priority.
Froslass ought to sort out your fighting weakness.

I've seen a lot of hail teams run Rotom-a of some form, usually the fridge one but oven form can help hail teams with their crippling scizor weakness... looking at your team another thing to think about are mons to take fire moves (tentacruel and heatran are popular here) and maybe a spinner for stealth rock (again, tentacruel).

Tentacruel is great for countering Infernape and can set up and absorb Toxic Spikes that will greatly help/hinder StallRein. Rotom-H is better at countering other Fighting types, though, so you could consider it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)