Metalheads United ;D

I would like to wish a happy birthday to the late Ronnie James Dio. He would be sixty-eight years of age today. Rest in Peace my fallen hero.

Well this is kinda late, but are there any fans of Coroner here? As of June 2010 the band has reformed and will play France's Hellfest Summer Open Air 2011 edition. A possible full-scale tour and new album are expected to follow.

Fucking <3 Coroner.

And the new album isn't much more than a rumour at this point from what I've read, at least one member said they'd only record based on their experience from touring (which also apparently decides if they're going to stay reformed or just tour a bit then quit again). That doesn't say anything about what the other members want to do.

though the prospect of possibly seeing Coroner is exciting enough for me tbh.

I love metal... Suggesting Children of Bodom. ¨Children of Deacadence¨ ¨Done With Everything, Die For Nothing¨ are amazingly good.

listening to this for the first time, and i like it quite a bit.

44 tracks is annoying though. fucking artistic license.

listening to this for the first time, and i like it quite a bit.

44 tracks is annoying though. fucking artistic license.
Sounds like Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects - Sol Niger Within; great album, fucking annoying amount of tracks (28/29 depending on the version)

Sounds like Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects - Sol Niger Within; great album, fucking annoying amount of tracks (28/29 depending on the version)
this is waaaaaay more annoying, because it's like, each section of the song is a different track. like, intro for :29, then we go to the guitar solo for 1:02, then the bridge for :34...et cetera.

Sol Niger Within was actually 28/29 separate tracks that all flowed together.

also i can't wait for the next Defects album. :naughty:

<3 metal
I'm going to wacken open air and summerbreeze open air in germany in the upcoming weeks.. iron maiden, slayer, motley crue, immortal, arch enemy, wasp, subway to sally, heaven shall burn, sick of it all, korpiklaani, ensiferum, ...
oh shit this will be great

Nobody said Carcass? =p

Oh yeah, and I like Children of Bodom, Heaven Shall Burn, local stuff, Kataklysm, pirate thrash metal XD, etc.

what other Opeth have you heard?

everything is exceptional except for Deliverance (which has grown on me quite a bit in the last few years) and Watershed (which i like less and less the more i listen to it...)
Hey, sorry for not replying pages ago. I've picked up a few other songs since, mostly from Ghost Reveries ("Reverie / Harlequin Forest" being my favorite from that album) and one or two from Damnation. And yeah, Watershed didn't do much for me either.

check out the bands Leprous and Barren Earth.

i think you'll dig in a big way.
Barren Earth is really growing on me, thanks for looking out.

Has anyone heard the new Soilwork? It's still far from their best imo, but it easily beats Stabbing the Drama, their last album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqGovxxanwo - "Two Lives Worth of Reckoning"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU5pAxVwkWk&feature=related - "The Akuma After Glow"

Nobody said Carcass? =p

Oh yeah, and I like Children of Bodom, Heaven Shall Burn, local stuff, Kataklysm, pirate thrash metal XD, etc.
Hey guy, you like Children of Bodom so check out Kalmah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srcc78xYYNY - "One From the Stands"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL1IJ678LbM - "The Black Waltz"

you need to listen to ALBUMS from Opeth, not songs. ;)

and what did you think of Leprous?

and check out Swallow the Sun: Hope

You guys probably know but the new Avenged Sevenfold album is out, Nightmare. It is REALLY good. My favorite song is probably Welcome to the Family or Fiction. Both are really cool.

You guys probably know but the new Avenged Sevenfold album is out, Nightmare. It is REALLY good. My favorite song is probably Welcome to the Family or Fiction. Both are really cool.
Really? I could not care at all. "Nightmare" sounds like everything else Avenged Sevenfold has released, boring and terrible.

Really? I could not care at all. "Nightmare" sounds like everything else Avenged Sevenfold has released, boring and terrible.
Although they're metalcore, I am a HUGE fan of them. Plus, show some respect, their drummer died back in '09.

I am also practising the song on drums so I can cover it and maybe post it on You Tube. Double bass at solo = great fucking workout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)