Pokémon Lab - the successor to Shoddy Battle

I think the new server works great! The visuals are nice and the organization is well thought out! Having some trouble posting on the server, though. Will there be a ladder or find battle added later? I hope so.

I logged on and played for about 10 minutes. So far so good, but then I got a message saying "Disconnected from Server". Now when I try to go on it says "Connection refused:connect" whenever I try to enter the server (the screen before I enter my login information.) Is this a temp problem or did I get banned somehow lol

I fixed it! :D Although I can't figure out how to get the icon onto my dock, but who gives a fuck about that, I got my sprites back!

Uh, how can I get the icon to show up again? I can open it through other means, but it's inconvenient. Maybe if I download it onto my other computer and try to take the icon from there...
WHat, the desktop icon? Or the Start menu? Cause if u want the desktop back, couldn't you just right click the app file, and then create shortcut, then move the shortcut to the desktop?

So far so good, but then I got a message saying "Disconnected from Server". Now when I try to go on it says "Connection refused:connect" whenever I try to enter the server (the screen before I enter my login information.) Is this a temp problem or did I get banned somehow lol
The servers were down.

What is the lookup option? I think it shows you the statistics of the person your looking at but for some reason it doesn't seem to work for me.

Props to the developers, a friend of mine has been playing it, and I am really psyched to play it myself, but atm the server is displaying 0 people online and I can't log in, yet people are saying the servers are back up now. Could someone confirm whether or not the server is up right now?

connected successfully the first time I tried. Now after i go 'connect to server' it sits around doing nothing, then a text box pops up saying disconnected from server.

First and foremost -- holy freaking crap, guys. This is amazing, and it was amazing of you to make it out of your love for the game. Thank you so much.

And now onto my isshu (HA see what I...did...there...nevermind). WHICH, I'll admit upfront, is my own doing.

I successfully installed Lab a few days ago and have been playing on my Mac since the launch. Earlier this night, though, it seemed to not be launching correctly for me. So I decided to uninstall the application and reinstall it. Dragged the Pokemon Lab icon to the trash bin, deleted it, yada yada, and then went here for the client download again.

Only this time, when I opened the pokelab.jnlp file, I wasn't prompted to create another self-contained application - rather, it seemed as if PokeLab had opened up as if it was still installed, via the jnlp. Now, I'm aware that the server's down right now, and I'm unable to check to see if I can still play the game this way, but it does seem that I can open and edit teams from the team builder.

I've attempted to lock the icon into my dock to find out where the application is in the Finder, but when I click on "Show in Finder," I'm taken to the JavaVM.framework folder.

Soooooo...what is it that's going on with my application, here? Is there a way to make this application self-contained again, or did I not properly uninstall the software?

Thanks to anyone who can help me with this! I really freakin' wanna be able to still play on this awesome application!

I like the new graphics as well as the moving health bars. Also i really like how you can tell the program to save logs of your battles so you can reveiw any mistakes you may have made.

Big thanks to those who worked hard for all of the pokemon geeks of the world, one question though, is there any way that you could tell us the date and times at which the server will be up

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
This is a GRRRRRREAT new simulator. I will be taking my pokemon to test them in this new laboratory.

The sim is looking REALLY good right now. I love the look and feel.

a few concerns:

1. there's no way to determine what entry hazards are on the field. or else i'm just dumb. i think someone already said this.

2. i believe latias isn't banned

3. this isn't a problem with the sim, but i've attempted to use the find tab on the vgc ladder, and never get any hits. i think that's cuz people just aren't using it. come on, people, let's test the vgc functionality. don't be scared.

Totally new to Smogon and the Pokemon Lab Beta is actually my first simulator ever. Whenever I ride the train I try to tweak my team a bit, I'm already addicted to this program. Just tried to have my first battle but the server disconnected. Whaah, what am I going to do now? *newbie enthusiasm* Anywayz, it looks very good and it's very easy to use even for a newbie like me. Props to all who worked on it ^^

I'm having a slew of problems simply getting onto Pokemon Lab.

First of all, the server seems to constantly say there are no people available on it. Every time I try to connect, it refuses. I can get into Team Builder fine, but as soon as I am able to connect, it immediately disconnects me again.

Please tell me I'm not the only one with this difficulty.

I have tried downloading this. Everytime I go to install I get this message: Requesting JRE 1.5+ from Java.Sun.Com.

I am not the admin of this computer so I cannot download the Java needed to install this. My question is, should I just get the admin of this computer to download the latest version of Java, or not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)