Want to write for The Smog? (Yes, you do!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in writing an article on popular 5th generation pokemon for the upcoming VGC 2011 even though the rules were just announced several pokemon are already becoming prominently used.

If not that I could do an article on my favorite pokemon absol. I don't think he has been featured yet.

And if not that (lol), I could do an article on what in my opinion are the #1 threats of this upcoming Black and White metagame might be and why they are such threats.

Here a interesting story.
Ok so you know how we have battles featured in the smog well since 5th gen is out lets do this

lets have two team ( i think they should be the same) one uses gen 4 stradegy and the other generation 5
we could call it the battle of the generations

I would like to write for the Smog, though I probably won't for a while.

Anyways, I have a few Ideas. I, or someone else, can write about how Dream World abilities affect not just OU, but UU and NU, since few Ubers got Dream World abilities. Also, another idea could be about how new moves affect Pokemon, and indirectly the metagame they are in, like Nitro Charge Ho-oh/Heatran. Finally, we could do a pool on a featured legendary Pokemon and write a feauture about its competitive aspects as well as non-competitive things such as in-game use and publicity. (NOTE: When I mean legendary I mean by regular Standards not tiering, I.E. Azelf and Dialga in the same Poll.)
Just some thoughts.

I'm quite interested in writing for the Smog. I'd be happy to work on any articles that need writing. If I have any bright ideas I'll post them here, but I don't have any right now.

I'd be interested in writing an article about 5th gen rain dance for the Smog, I've been playing with it ever since PO came out with 5th gen and I have alot of experience with it.

I would love to write an article about the manga, Pokémon Special (Pokémon Adventures in English). When I did my first giveaway on the site, I realized it was something not a lot of people were aware of and I actually think that some Smogonites would be interested in learning about it, especially since it's notable for being a darker, more mature take on the storylines in the Pokémon games, (hello, Green's Scyther, who cuts an Arbok in half on panel) with interesting characters. It's distinctly different from the games and the anime and I think it deserves some coverage.

I'd love to write for someone. Although I'm not the best trainer in the world, I do have some neat ideas. If those don't cut it, I've been told I'm an excellent writer, especially creatively (Took English II Honors as a freshmen in high school).

So if you've got a story or analysis you want put into writing, PM me and let's get started!

jrp

Banned deucer.
I could write about the music of the games, in game mechanics like how the RNG works, and stuff like that, on rng, how you can manipulate it to attain certain things like IVs, natures, shinies, ect.

I'm generally a pretty good writer, I've always been good with wording things to keep them interesting, like when I had to write a fictional story for my freshman paper in english, my teacher liked it so much she actually gave it to the head of my school's English department to read, who in turn ended up giving me the exemplary author award for the freshman class (granted, there were 34 people in the freshman year, I went to boarding school that year, but it's still something I'm proud of).

I can also write competetively, like on specific strategies, one of my favorite topics is debating on whether to use choice items versus the Pokemon's available moves tht can boost the same stat, ect, which is actually the focus of the first analysis I wrote on staraptor that's currently in QC.

Anyway, I would love to write for The Smog, it seems like it would be a nice oppurtunity.

I'm a decent writer, my writing level kept me in high level classes throughout my high school career, and it all came rather effortlessly. Articles I could write for the smog:

~Set Comparison
~Pokemon Comparison
~Featured RMT
~Featured Pokemon
~Pokemon likes and dislikes
~Strategies and Usage
~Things like pokemon people like and dislike, especially with the new Gen 5 pokemon

I enjoy writing, and I'd prefer to write on a topic where I would be able to poll others opinions, but I can also write on prompt if someone simply needed an RMT or something written on

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I'd love to write an article about the good abilities and bad abilities some Pokemon have.
I'd also like to write an article on how in-game mechanics are ignored in the anime mechanics. For ex;
Finding some bloopers from the anime and pointing them out, comparing them to the game.
Looking at Pokemon moves in the anime, and how they compare to the game.
Screw ups in the anime that doesn't happen in-game.
For the lulz. ;)

I would like to write an article on the Pokémon anime 1st season. Probably giving a general synopsis, main characters, and a few featured episodes.

ShinyAzelf might be working with me, but not confirmed yet.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unfortunately, I believe we are only taking digital art as of now. I would incourage you to talk to our Art director Swaggersaurus with any further inquiries though.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I would like to write an article on the Pokémon anime 1st season. Probably giving a general synopsis, main characters, and a few featured episodes.

ShinyAzelf might be working with me, but not confirmed yet.
I'm not sure how savvy you are with the anime, but I've been thinking for a while that an article very briefly describing each series in turn would be a good idea.

I'd be interested in writing an article about 5th gen rain dance for the Smog, I've been playing with it ever since PO came out with 5th gen and I have alot of experience with it.
To complement BlazinKickinChicken's article, I want to write a an article about 5the Generation Sunny Day teams and abuse. I have quite a bit of experience with the play style and hope I can contribute to the Smog.

I'm not sure how savvy you are with the anime, but I've been thinking for a while that an article very briefly describing each series in turn would be a good idea.
Actually, that would be a good idea, we can have several in-depth articles about each individual series, and one general article about the Pokemon anime.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like to write for the Smog, but I don't really have that many ideas.

I'd be willing to help anyone with any project they're working on.

I'm very interested in writing for the Smog. I'd be more than glad to do an analysis on underrated or standard sets, do an RMT, or just about anything that really needs doing.

One particular idea I'm interested in is the "Core Crisis" article featured some time back. I'd love to write an article on 5th Gen cores and how they function.

When the smog started, I actually expressed interest in helping with the featured pokemon. When that feature is done, I could easily use my anatomy, paleo and general animal awesomeness to make up a mock "What would this pokemon be like if it were really in the world today" using a bit of imagination combined with physical constraints by pokedex entries and other in game data about it. If you're curious about my abilities to write something interesting, go look up the old paleo thread and the current "Melodrama in a fish tank". I strive to make even the most mundane shit in my life interesting to everyone here.

Lemmie know if that's something anyone would even remotely give a shit about :D

If anyone's doing a VGC11 article, I can write a section on Trick Room no sweat, since I've been playing Trick Room for two years now. I think I have a grasp of what gives Trick Room nightmares and support it likes to have, as well as how the new and improved Mental Herb contributes to the play style.

I pretty new to competitive battling, and usually do VGC11, but I'm very good at writing articles and things like that, so if there's any thing I can do let me know.

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I'm interested in writing for The Smog, I have experience with analyses in Gen 4 UU mostly, have little to no knowledge of Gen 5, and nothing to work with, but we'll see what happens ^^

Edit - I may also do grammar checking if you need (that's if you think I'm qualified enough xP)

I have quite a few ideas but my writing skills are not very good at all but i might be able to write a featured article about a NU pokemon like maybe Grovyle, Haunter or Slaking. Consider me for my ideas and maybe a substitute writer :)

Also, i'd love to write an article about the non competitive articles in the game (like ugliest pokemon or most random looking pokemon). Or a what if section about moves and abilities etc. PLEASE CONSIDER ME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)