Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Goddamnit.
I can only hit my seed for Shiny Rotom at 11:18 in the morning... After I hit it, can I just advance the frame, close my DS and wait until 20:00, when Rotom appears inside the TV? Or does closing the DS and waiting 9 hours mess up my frame somehow?
:-\
Lol. @.@
Why not catch that Rotom and breed it instead??

Hi, I'm having trouble. I hit my delay and the right number of seconds, but it was the wrong target seed? It was extremely similar to my target seed though.

My target seed is:E8170266

The seed I got: 32170266

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

Hi, I'm having trouble. I hit my delay and the right number of seconds, but it was the wrong target seed? It was extremely similar to my target seed though.

What game your using?

Although from the looks of it, you hit the wrong second, maybe 1 second above. From my experience on desmume, whenever I hit the right delay, there are rare times I'm one second above. So this results to a seed that looks almost the same, but the first 2 hex values (not the right term, I think) that are different.

What game your using?

Although from the looks of it, you hit the wrong second, maybe 1 second above. From my experience on desmume, whenever I hit the right delay, there are rare times I'm one second above. So this results to a seed that looks almost the same, but the first 2 hex values (not the right term, I think) that are different.
I'm on a Platinum retail cart. My target delay was 14 seconds, this one was too.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

If you say you got the right seconds and the right delay, how do you know that you didn't hit the right one and what one you actually hit?

I'm on a Platinum retail cart. My target delay was 14 seconds, this one was too.
Well you can give me the date as well but just from putting some info into RNG reporter, I'd say you got the date wrong because it lists different dates and times for those two seeds. (Or it could be your seconds was off)

If you say you got the right seconds and the right delay, how do you know that you didn't hit the right one and what one you actually hit?
It wasn't the right amount of journal flips and it was the wrong date.

Well you can give me the date as well but just from putting some info into RNG reporter, I'd say you got the date wrong because it lists different dates and times for those two seeds. (Or it could be your seconds was off)
My date is 12/18 and that is the date of my target seed, I dont know why I'm getting other dates. :/

I'm RNG'ing the HGSS Arceus event, and am wanting Palkia, how many frames does it advance in picking him up.
I am saved 1 step away from being able to pick it up. So how many frames does it advance from that 1 step to getting the Palkia in my party?

I have a question about pikatimer. It says in the instructions that its supposed to beep at certain times to help guide you, but It doesn't make any sounds. I turn my volume up all the way, and still nothing. My sound works fine with other applications.

does anyone know how I could fix the problem? also, is this the right place for this? its kinda RNG related.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Ok, I've got 2 questions:

- I want to use my 100% capture code, but do I need to calibrate then? Because when I press start on the AR when the first timer runs out, it takes like 1/2 sec when the game actually starts.

- When playing on a flashcart, when you press the Pokémon game button there, it is going to load the game first, and then it actually starts. Does that matter?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have a question about pikatimer. It says in the instructions that its supposed to beep at certain times to help guide you, but It doesn't make any sounds. I turn my volume up all the way, and still nothing. My sound works fine with other applications.

does anyone know how I could fix the problem? also, is this the right place for this? its kinda RNG related.
Not 100% sure how pikatimer runs but I would assume it's your version of Java that's the problem. You could try upgrading or you could download mine to confirm that's the problem. If it doesn't work either, it really can't be anything else.

Ok, I've got 2 questions:

- I want to use my 100% capture code, but do I need to calibrate then? Because when I press start on the AR when the first timer runs out, it takes like 1/2 sec when the game actually starts.

- When playing on a flashcart, when you press the Pokémon game button there, it is going to load the game first, and then it actually starts. Does that matter?
You pretty much have a different calibration for all of these things. The reason we calibrate is to make up for differences in load times. There is a period while it's loading where the delay hasn't started, but the timer didn't stop either. This period is longer for ARs and some flash carts than it is for a normal game.

NEED HELP FOR RAYQUAZA ABUSE

this time, i try catch rayquaza, but when i verifying seed (by elm call) it's say "no match for your elm respons"

is there any tips for rayquaza, since all setting is fine, i have try too rng ho-oh nothing wrong all fine.

i had try use gen 3 in slot 2 nothing changed

where i should save the game in front of rayquza or any in front cave ??

note : since i capture groudon (first), i'm not yet challenge E4 again (is this have effect ??)

Okay, according to the RNG reporter I hit my delay and I had the right amount of coin flips. But I got the wrong ivs...... What went wrong?

Toast++

Okay, according to the RNG reporter I hit my delay and I had the right amount of coin flips. But I got the wrong ivs...... What went wrong?
Check the IVs you did get. See what frame they belong to. NPCs are evil.

Check the IVs you did get. See what frame they belong to. NPCs are evil.
Too late now. :/ I got my delay and the correct number of flips but internet on my area was down and there was no access to an Iv calculator. I'm fairly certain no NPCs but the Pachirisu in the daycare moved before I grabbed the egg.

Toast++

Too late now. :/ I got my delay and the correct number of flips but internet on my area was down and there was no access to an Iv calculator. I'm fairly certain no NPCs but the Pachirisu in the daycare moved before I grabbed the egg.
Yeah, those count too. Basically anything that moves like that makes a call to the RNG, advancing your frame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)