Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
You pretty much have a different calibration for all of these things. The reason we calibrate is to make up for differences in load times. There is a period while it's loading where the delay hasn't started, but the timer didn't stop either. This period is longer for ARs and some flash carts than it is for a normal game.
Ok, thank you! So, I have only used method K RNG, which has a standard calibrated delay and sec of 480 and 14. What I have to do, is do several catches with that code working, and then calculate the average delay and sec, and paste that in the PikaTimer, right?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok, thank you! So, I have only used method K RNG, which has a standard calibrated delay and sec of 480 and 14. What I have to do, is do several catches with that code working, and then calculate the average delay and sec, and paste that in the PikaTimer, right?
The different methods don't have different calibrations, just the different things you use (AR, flash cart, etc.)

Honestly, I'd only do one catch. That stuff takes too long. Use the info from that one to put in the timer and adjust it as you go. One catch should get you within 99 delays.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
The different methods don't have different calibrations, just the different things you use (AR, flash cart, etc.)

Honestly, I'd only do one catch. That stuff takes too long. Use the info from that one to put in the timer and adjust it as you go. One catch should get you within 99 delays.
Ah, ok! Thank you so much!

Could someone tell me how method J and K call RNG to create wild Pokemon?

So far I know this:
METHOD 1: [PID][PID][IVs][IVs]
METHOD 2: [PID][PID][xxxx][IVs][IVs]
METHOD 3: [PID][xxxx][PID][IVs][IVs]
METHOD 4: [PID][PID][IVs][xxxx][IVs]
METHOD J: ???
METHOD K: ???

Where [] represents RNG calls and what they are used for.

Sorry if this has already been asked, I just couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance.

Not 100% sure how pikatimer runs but I would assume it's your version of Java that's the problem. You could try upgrading or you could download mine to confirm that's the problem. If it doesn't work either, it really can't be anything else.
Thanks, I'll try that out and see if yours works, if not I'll get an updeated version of java =3

I have a couple more questions...

I know doing a journal flip to a page that says "caught "x" pokemon" it advances the frame by two, but what if the first page that come sup has that information?? the the frame advance by two also??

when trying to get IV spreads, is there a way to only advance the frame once, without running around and giving NPCs a chance to advance the frame? or can only only advance it by twos?

I know havinf a GBA game in the slot changes your delays (ex, I get even delays when its out, and odd when its in) does it have any affect on your frames?? (I dont think it would, but need to know if Im gonna RNG properly)

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks, I'll try that out and see if yours works, if not I'll get an updeated version of java =3

I have a couple more questions...

I know doing a journal flip to a page that says "caught "x" pokemon" it advances the frame by two, but what if the first page that come sup has that information?? the the frame advance by two also??

when trying to get IV spreads, is there a way to only advance the frame once, without running around and giving NPCs a chance to advance the frame? or can only only advance it by twos?

I know havinf a GBA game in the slot changes your delays (ex, I get even delays when its out, and odd when its in) does it have any affect on your frames?? (I dont think it would, but need to know if Im gonna RNG properly)
No effect on frames. Not sure about the other part.

Toast++

Okay, I DL'd your timer, and the beeper on yours works fine. So, I wonder why the beeper on PikaTimer doesn't work on my computer =\
Maybe it accesses a system sound that isn't on your computer. You'd have to ask pikachu25 though. Mine does the same job though, so unless you're set on using pikatimer, it doesn't matter.

Maybe it accesses a system sound that isn't on your computer. You'd have to ask pikachu25 though. Mine does the same job though, so unless you're set on using pikatimer, it doesn't matter.

hmm, that might be the problem.

I could probably use yours, its just that the beeps seem really close together, and don't give you much warning before the time is up, it beeps like 5 times really close together (i think at 1.5 secs, 1 sec 0.75, 0.5, 0.25 and 0?)

and i think that might be difficult to use as a guide, but it might not be, I guess i'll have to actually try it to find out.

Toast++

hmm, that might be the problem.

I could probably use yours, its just that the beeps seem really close together, and don't give you much warning before the time is up, it beeps like 5 times really close together (i think at 1.5 secs, 1 sec 0.75, 0.5, 0.25 and 0?)

and i think that might be difficult to use as a guide, but it might not be, I guess i'll have to actually try it to find out.
If you have 2.1, you can change the beeps. Check my thread, it shows how.

Also, it's every half second.

im trying to rng a ditto in hg/ss, should i utilize java rng and enter method k? oh and i have a question, since your can do elm calls in cerulean cave, before you make the last call should you use sweet scent to advance the frame and hit the frame you want?

Toast++

im trying to rng a ditto in hg/ss, should i utilize java rng and enter method k? oh and i have a question, since your can do elm calls in cerulean cave, before you make the last call should you use sweet scent to advance the frame and hit the frame you want?
Not entirely sure what you're asking but using sweet scent does advance the frame by 2. Problem is, I'm pretty sure battles advance it constantly.

Upon looking again, I think you were just asking if that's how you should encounter. That would be a yes.

this time, i try catch rayquaza, but when i verifying seed (by elm call) it's say "no match for your elm respons"

is there any tips for rayquaza, since all setting is fine, i have try too rng ho-oh nothing wrong all fine.

i had try use gen 3 in slot 2 nothing changed

where i should save the game in front of rayquza or any in front cave ??

note : since i capture groudon (first), i'm not yet challenge E4 again (is this have effect ??)
everyone can you help me ???

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@Safrizal:

The reason people haven't helped is because you've not really given much information:

The "No match for Elm responses" could be caused by lots of things.

But I can answer the questions you've posed directly. In front of Rayquaza is fine, there's no need to be outside of the cave.
And no, not challenging the E4 shouldn't have an effect (unless Rayquaza isn't actually in the cave).

Since you managed to get Ho-oh RNG to work, I'd suggest giving it another try, completely from fresh.

Not entirely sure what you're asking but using sweet scent does advance the frame by 2. Problem is, I'm pretty sure battles advance it constantly.

Upon looking again, I think you were just asking if that's how you should encounter. That would be a yes.
yes. so it's like your rng'ing for a legendary and you don't make the last elm call which is - similar - to when you're rng'ing for a wild pokemon and you don't make the last 2 elm calms but in return you "use sweetscent"? is that right?

Toast++

yes. so it's like your rng'ing for a legendary and you don't make the last elm call which is - similar - to when you're rng'ing for a wild pokemon and you don't make the last 2 elm calms but in return you "use sweetscent"? is that right?
Pretty much. Just make sure you have the right encounter slot and you'll be fine.

ok im aiming for the ditto again sometime today. i hate how catching projects have higher frames, it really is tedious to make 70-80 elm calls. :|
Use the upper right station of the radio to advance frames by 15 or so. Test using Elm calls to see how much each radio de-tuning advances your frames. You can hit very high frames doing a combo of radio de-tuning with Elm to verify your position.

Use the upper right station of the radio to advance frames by 15 or so. Test using Elm calls to see how much each radio de-tuning advances your frames. You can hit very high frames doing a combo of radio de-tuning with Elm to verify your position.
ok thanks Riski. im going to confirm on that. wish me luck guys.

Just reposting it so someone else might see it.

EDIT: also, another wierd problem arose ever since I started using a timer... I can't catch pokemon to find my seed, this is the f5th time in a row it told me to check my date and time... but my date and time are right. but if I dont use a timer, I can catch a pokemon and us it to find my seed no problem (Iv been using lvl 50-70 magikarps in plt)

I dont understand why using a timer would cause a problem with finding my seed.

I can however use the search coin flip method to find my seed, but I dont understand why catching pokemon doesn't work anymore.

okay well im a noob and beginner so bare with me on this question.....Im RNGing on Platinum and have my shiny egg with desired nature/ability/Etc......now I want to RNG for IV's. do I just leave the egg with the daycare and go calibrate to find my average delay/seconds and proceed from there?

Just reposting it so someone else might see it.
Any page saying you caught a pokemon, whether it's at the beginning or not, advances the frames by 2.

okay well im a noob and beginner so bare with me on this question.....Im RNGing on Platinum and have my shiny egg with desired nature/ability/Etc......now I want to RNG for IV's. do I just leave the egg with the daycare and go calibrate to find my average delay/seconds and proceed from there?
You should have done basic game calibration (to find your usual delay and seconds) before beginning to RNG. For egg IV RNG on DPPT, you have another sort of calibration for every new RNG hatch, called egg calibration.

Egg calibration and basic game calibration is described in the RNG guide (link on first post of this help thread). You can also try my guide for egg calibration.

Toast++

EDIT: also, another wierd problem arose ever since I started using a timer... I can't catch pokemon to find my seed, this is the f5th time in a row it told me to check my date and time... but my date and time are right. but if I dont use a timer, I can catch a pokemon and us it to find my seed no problem (Iv been using lvl 50-70 magikarps in plt)

I dont understand why using a timer would cause a problem with finding my seed.

I can however use the search coin flip method to find my seed, but I dont understand why catching pokemon doesn't work anymore.
I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to do that, but in any case the calibration process requires that you start your game at 0 seconds. If you're using a timer, you're restarting the game at some unknown time and waiting the specified delay until you get where you need to. It's this difference that's the problem.

There's no need to search for your seed anyway. Just use the flips to see what delay you hit.

I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to do that, but in any case the calibration process requires that you start your game at 0 seconds. If you're using a timer, you're restarting the game at some unknown time and waiting the specified delay until you get where you need to. It's this difference that's the problem.

There's no need to search for your seed anyway. Just use the flips to see what delay you hit.
Im not calibrating, I was trying to use the poke to find what seed I hit. since I was aiming for 50 seconds with 665 delay, I'd expect to see something close, personally i think its faster to catch a lvl 50 poke and input its data then do 10 coin flips. thats all.

I just think its wierd that when i use a timer I can't do it... its not relaly a problem, since I CAN still use the coins, I just dont undertsand why...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)