Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

No, just enter in an ID/SID combo that's not yours and it won't be shiny. Do everything else the same :)
LOL, ok, so I just finished RNGing the Scyther for nature/ability/gender and such, but when I hatched the egg, it WAS shiny (And I didn't want it to be shiny). I entered this combination for my ID/SID:

25515/13000

And my real combination is:

25514/13000

So was I supposed to really change like, everything? I thought the slightest change would make it not shiny. But, it's ok, I'll keep it. Lots of people like Shiny's, so why not? :]

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
LOL, ok, so I just finished RNGing the Scyther for nature/ability/gender and such, but when I hatched the egg, it WAS shiny (And I didn't want it to be shiny). I entered this combination for my ID/SID:

25515/13000

And my real combination is:

25514/13000

So was I supposed to really change like, everything? I thought the slightest change would make it not shiny. But, it's ok, I'll keep it. Lots of people like Shiny's, so why not? :]
It's the way the shininess is determined. The end result has to add up to less than 8 for it to work. (or something like that) Anyway, that would be enough of a difference for some PIDs and not for others. I recommend changing both and by more.

ID & SID for Shiny / Japanese Characteristic

anybody here can tell me combination ID & SID for this IV to make them shiny

PID: 7942ef72 (TIMID, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: d2140289 Method 1: 114, J (synch): 71, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 71, K (no synch): 87) HP DARK 70

PID: f9426f72 (MODEST, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 52140289 Method 1: 114, J (synch): 89, J (no synch): 93, K (synch): 91, K (no synch): 89) HP DARK 70

or

PID: 6937da48 (MODEST, ability 0) 31/31/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 0a01082e Method 1: 119, J (synch): 4, J (no synch): 16, K (synch): 2, K (no synch): 34) HP DARK 70

-------------------------------

also combine ID & SID for
PID: 505c1b54 (JOLLY, ability 0) 31/31/31/24/31/31 (Seed: 2c150368 Method 1: 283, J (synch): 248, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 252, K (no synch): 268) HP ELECTRIC 59

-------------------------------

i want to play new japanese heartgold, anyone here have list for characteristic, nature, elm respons. also any different frame in japanesse to english (like in euro version raiko and entei frame are change with english)

If I want to RNG Cresselia, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf...
Do I first do the RNG'ing steps before I talk to them and get them released in the wild?

Cresselia and Mesprit yes, since they're method 1 pokemon.
For Uxie and Azelf rng normally like any other stationary pokemon.

Remember that for mesprit and cresselia the starting frame is 5 (without roamers of course).
Info here.

Cresselia and Mesprit yes, since they're method 1 pokemon.
For Uxie and Azelf rng normally like any other stationary pokemon.

Remember that for mesprit and cresselia the starting frame is 5 (without roamers of course).
Info here.
Oh, I didn't know Uxie and Azelf were stationaries.
When I have this seed that I want, for example, Cresselia,
7f060bd6 Method 1: 257, HP FIRE 70
Does that mean I only advance my frame 252 times before talking to Cresselia?

That's correct assuming you don't have roamers.
It's 252/2 = 126 Journal Flips since 1 flip is 2 RNG advancement.
Not to be repetitive, but when the Journal automatically opens up and says
"X Pokemon is caught" or
"X Pokemon is defeated"

It already does advance the game frame by 2, correct?

I'm RNGing Giratina in Turnback Cave with Toast's Timer

Seed: 4a120f68
Target Delay: 3935
Calibrated Delay: 625
Target Time: 18:39:15
Target seconds: 15
Calibrated seconds: 15
IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31
Synch nature: Naive
Date: 10/2/2009

Everytime I try to verify my delay, it says that there is no reasonable seed to be found. What could've gone wrong?

You can catch a pokemon real quick and enter its data into Seed Finder to verify. You might be doing something or some other factors - check with that and see how it goes :)

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm RNGing Giratina in Turnback Cave with Toast's Timer

Seed: 4a120f68
Target Delay: 3935
Calibrated Delay: 625
Target Time: 18:39:15
Target seconds: 15
Calibrated seconds: 15
IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31
Synch nature: Naive
Date: 10/2/2009

Everytime I try to verify my delay, it says that there is no reasonable seed to be found. What could've gone wrong?
Are you making sure to start on a minute before?
Did you double check your date?

The timer is telling me to start 2 minutes before. I have double checked my date.

EDIT: I'll catch a poke and verify my delay.
EDIT: That didn't work either.

Toast++

The timer is telling me to start 2 minutes before. I have double checked my date.

EDIT: I'll catch a poke and verify my delay.
EDIT: That didn't work either.
You couldn't find a match in the seed finder? Odd.
the stats you put in weren't giratina's were they?

Edit: did you put in the minutes at reset?

The time you enter in Seed Finder is the time you hit "a" from the continue screen. You should always find a seed. I'm not sure if you can't find a seed and you've enter in all correct datas.

I'm starting the timer at 18:37 since it's 2 min before the target, then after the first timer goes, it's 18:38 and I finally press "a" on the continue screen at 18:39:15

Yes, so you would enter 18:39 on Seed Finder, nature/IVs/date, and find your spread. You "should" be able to get some results.

Here's what I entered:

Year: 2009
Month: 10
Date: 02
Hour: 18
Minute: 39

Nature: Hardy
HP: 18
Atk: 26
Def: 1
SpA: 15
SpD: 12
Spe: 8

Result = nothing --____--

Toast++

Here's what I entered:

Year: 2009
Month: 10
Date: 02
Hour: 18
Minute: 39

Nature: Hardy
HP: 18
Atk: 26
Def: 1
SpA: 15
SpD: 12
Spe: 8

Result = nothing --____--
Try the same with minute = 38
we're not entirely sure whih to use. If that one works, then we'll know.

Still nothing. I don't understand why it won't work.
Stepping in late, but I wanted to mention that I never use seeds that have delays higher than 3500 because this problem of never finding results by Seed Finder or by coin flips/Elm calls+roamers happened to me too often when I used a seed with a delay higher than 3500 on Gen 4 games. I have not tested for this problem since getting the latest RNG Reporter, so I can't speak for the latest version, but I had fail after fail on older versions. Whenever I switched to a seed with a lower delay, the problem disappeared. The problem may be idiosyncratic on certain computers (unfortunately, mine).

You can get the same spread with a lower delay. You may not have as low a frame, but you should get results if you go lower.

Test a lower delay seed on your catch. If you get results, you'll know it's not you and it's the seed. A small rule of mine: when the seed fails consistently, test your technique with another. When you do this, you can eliminate yourself as the cause of the problem and not feel so bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 43)