The Everything NFL Thread - 2010 Season

considering he's had 3,000+ yards in all three of his last seasons, and was on pace to break 4,000 before his injury this season, as well as never getting less than 12 interceptions in a season during his career

yeah, totally sucks

worked with what he had and still managed to put up amazing yardage for a team that ended up 4-12

That is such a bullshit excuse. Who the hell does Sam Bradford have besides a washed up Steven Jackson?
Hes got an O-line, kinda helps even though they both have no name receivers, with the exception of Steve Smith who has no second receiver, and I wouldnt even try to guess what the third ones name is...

I still say give it a few years... Its literally unfair to judge anyone after just one year

Stats are for losers and fantasy nerds like you.

Like seriously, the moment I read "because jesus i was following that man like a hawk during fantasy", I immediately dismissed your worthless opinion.
what a well thought out and worthwhile rebuttal

Meh, Feel Good is just butt-hurt cause he is a Bills fan. Any player can break-out and play great on any given Sunday. Orton is a beast, and I agree that he got hard shafted by the Broncos this year. And I don't get how stats are irrelevant. How are you going to make an argument that someone is better? By judging who has the best smile?

>> or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

So, Miami gave up on getting a new coach and stuck with Sparano...I dunno, it doesn't seem like that bad a move to me since Sparano is a decent coach. And they were unwilling to make front-office changes or pay more money to get another coach, so I guess keeping the status quo is as good an option as any given the still uncertainty of the CBA and stuff. However, it must be pretty insulting to Sparano that they would just go behind his back to try hiring every big name they could get their hands on, even if everyone knew it was happening. Almost seems like he's being left for dead after that great reversal from 1-15 to 11-5 a couple of years ago...

So, that also leaves Niners as top dogs for Harbaugh, assuming that is if they can lure him away from Stanford (maybe he'll decide to stay put now that he'll have his top QB back, plus the Niner's rather lowball offer of $4.5 mil). That or they start chasing Brian Billick, who I think is just as good an option since he has the NFL head coaching experience already down.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sam Bradford also had Mark Clayton for several games before he got injured, and he's pretty good as well. Laurent Robinson and Danario Alexander are no slouches either.

As for Orton...eh, I don't think he's the next Drew Brees. He began the season putting up gaudy numbers because he HAD to throw due to the Broncos' pathetic running game. He didn't make a ton of mistakes, but he also wasn't a risk taker either. He's an above average quarterback who thrives if the conditions are right, but I don't trust him in clutch situations. Even McNabb was on pace to throw for 4,000 yards...

LOL, Danny Amendola? Mark Clayton? Who? Bradford made these scubs look like they were worth something.

Orton is a loser. He's a mediocre quarterback without McDaniels. Look at his final two games against the powerhouse defense of the Chiefs and the Cardinals. Add a losing record and he definitely deserved to be benched for Tebow.

Clausen had a much tougher schedule than Bradford as well, considering he was actually in the NFC South and not just playing against them. Clausen was in a no win situation (with virtually no support) and had to face much harder opponents than the Rams.

And you can't judge someone based on their rookie season. Yes, Bradford looked pretty good in his first season, but against actually good opponents he did not look that great. Stop sucking his dick when he still needs to go out and prove himself for a few more seasons.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
And we could do a lot better than Fitz.
When did I say otherwise?

And did you watch that second Patriots game where he was responsible for FIVE of the seven turnovers?
As a matter of fact, I was in the goddamned stadium for that game, freezing my balls off like the true fan I am. And if you're going to destroy a man's career based on one game, you're more stupid than you come off. Peyton Manning threw 11 picks in a three-game span this year, but played pretty well aside from that; were you calling for his benching then? Do you now?

It seems you're stuck in 2000 and still think you can win a Super Bowl with someone like Trent Dilfer. Your fear of quarterbacks makes you look really stupid.
What the fuck are you talking about? Fear of quarterbacks? Where do you come up with this garbage?

I don't care about stats, kid. I want wins, something Shitzpatrick has never done.
Ah, the old "name change" to make a player look bad. Classic move, always strengthens an argument.

You'd rather win than have stats? Where do you think wins come from? You're acting like we got blown out every game and nothing Fitz ever did kept us in games, when in fact he is the only reason we took PIT/BAL/KC/CHI down to the wire. For a Bills fan, you pay surprisingly little attention to the actual games.

The Dolphins have the league leading sacker. What has that done for them?
They also had Chad Henne playing catch with the other teams instead of pounding out wins with their ridiculously good run game. That doesn't make their defense any less formidable.

Kid, I've been following the Bills since I was in diapers. I still own a Jim Kelly jersey that I got when I was a wee lad. This team hasn't been to the playoffs since the Music City Miracle. I've earned the right to be impatient.
Motherfucker, you call me "kid" one more time and I will pop out your eye and skullfuck you, understand? I don't give a flying fuck if you have an original, autographed Jack Kemp jersey that he gave you after buttfucking you in Ralph Wilson's office at War Memorial Stadium, you are a shitty fan because you don't actually understand anything about what you're watching, you'd rather have a knee-jerk reaction and cry like a little bitch. Rebuilding a team takes time, more time than you obviously have patience for.

The Bills will never be good as long as Ralph Wilson is the owner. And I have seen some Bills games. My brother is a Bills fan and I went to go see Bills-Pats with him last month.
It's strange, earlier this season Ralph said that it was going to take a few years to turn this team around, then openly admitted that he wouldn't be here to see us successful again. Pretty morbid, but hopefully we turn it around sooner for the old, senile fuck.

am I the only one who thinks that Orton is going to get traded to some team with an upstart WR corps and a half-decent defense and become the next drew brees

because jesus i was following that man like a hawk during fantasy and he is just

he really got shafted this year with denver, what can i say
No, I've been following him since he was on the Bears; he didn't get a fair shake there even though he won them games, and he kinda got screwed over in Denver thanks to Josh McDaniels being the most self-destructive coach since Bobby Petrino.

What rule is Bradford supposed to be an exception to? His rating is only 76.5 for a reason (not that it is an all encompassing statistic when anyone can get a 90+, but it shows us good notions about Bradford). He had 18 TD / 15 INT - this is a great start for a rookie. Other than this, he just threw a god awful amount and despite completing 60% of just short of 600 passes he only threw for 3500 yards.

1. Peyton Manning* · IND 679
2. Drew Brees* · NOR 658
3. Sam Bradford · STL 590
4. Carson Palmer · CIN 586
5. Matt Schaub · HOU 574
6. Matt Ryan* · ATL 571
7. Philip Rivers* · SDG 541
8. Eli Manning · NYG 539
9. Mark Sanchez · NYJ 507
10. Kyle Orton · DEN 498

He threw more than every quarterback except two quarterbacks who just came off of Super Bowl seasons!

Look, Bradford was totally decent, which is great. We have no idea if he will be good or average, but at the very least it seems he will end up better than less than average. Nothing at all indicates he will be good yet, less than 4000 yards with 590 pass attempts is crazy...

I will say that he is definitely already better than Mark Sanchez and Palmer though from that list (with Palmer getting most of his statistics during garbage time this year way behind, while Bradford was usually trying to actually win games).

EDIT: hahahaha DM, the mankid who fears good quarterbacking....brilliant

Teams can still win with bad quarterbacking, good quarterbacking has merely become the largest point of emphasis. If the Steelers win it all, it will not be with a quarterback as bad as Dilfer, but it will be basically all because of defense. Most teams with good defenses have good offenses like I discussed before, so it is rare to see a team need to/end up having to get wins with quarterbacks that bad. Bears are the closest potentiality I can think of this year.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Motherfucker, you call me "kid" one more time and I will pop out your eye and skullfuck you, understand? I don't give a flying fuck if you have an original, autographed Jack Kemp jersey that he gave you after buttfucking you in Ralph Wilson's office at War Memorial Stadium, you are a shitty fan because you don't actually understand anything about what you're watching, you'd rather have a knee-jerk reaction and cry like a little bitch. Rebuilding a team takes time, more time than you obviously have patience for.
I just came.

As a matter of fact, I was in the goddamned stadium for that game, freezing my balls off like the true fan I am. And if you're going to destroy a man's career based on one game, you're more stupid than you come off. Peyton Manning threw 11 picks in a three-game span this year, but played pretty well aside from that; were you calling for his benching then? Do you now?
LOL, did you seriously just compare Shitzpatrick to Peyton?

What the fuck are you talking about? Fear of quarterbacks? Where do you come up with this garbage?
WE DONT NEEDZ A QORTRBAK!!!!1 FITZ IZ TEH FEWTCHUR!!! WE JUST NEED DFENCE!!!!1

You'd rather win than have stats? Where do you think wins come from? You're acting like we got blown out every game and nothing Fitz ever did kept us in games, when in fact he is the only reason we took PIT/BAL/KC/CHI down to the wire. For a Bills fan, you pay surprisingly little attention to the actual games.
Wow, he has a couple close games and he's the future?

They also had Chad Henne playing catch with the other teams instead of pounding out wins with their ridiculously good run game. That doesn't make their defense any less formidable.
Geez, maybe with a quarterback that doesn't suck, maybe the Dolphins would be winning some more games?

By the way, the Dolphins "ridiculously good run game" is 21st in the league.

Motherfucker, you call me "kid" one more time and I will pop out your eye and skullfuck you, understand? I don't give a flying fuck if you have an original, autographed Jack Kemp jersey that he gave you after buttfucking you in Ralph Wilson's office at War Memorial Stadium, you are a shitty fan because you don't actually understand anything about what you're watching, you'd rather have a knee-jerk reaction and cry like a little bitch.

Rebuilding a team takes time, more time than you obviously have patience for.
IT'S BEEN OVER A DECADE SINCE THE FUCKING BILLS HAVE EVEN BEEN TO THE PLAYOFFS.

No, I've been following him since he was on the Bears; he didn't get a fair shake there even though he won them games, and he kinda got screwed over in Denver thanks to Josh McDaniels being the most self-destructive coach since Bobby Petrino.
Kyle Orton was a mediocre game manager while with the Bears. He won shit for them. He hasn't won shit for the Broncos either. Josh McDaniels made Orton look like a Pro Bowler.

I was simply saying that Bradford's relative success with a pretty bad team is atypical for a quarterback in his rookie season and shouldn't be viewed as the standard for all rookie QB's.

Josh McDaniels is a terrible coach, and Orton isnt a great QB by any means but he could probably start for a lot of teams in this league.

I just came.
^This. For sure.

And, the Cheifs have a good defense? o.O They are middle of the pack in all categories... (Except Points, which they are 11th)

Hmmmmm. Bradford has the potential to be great, but it may be a few years. And whoever said Clausen had to play in a tougher division was right... Falcons, Saints, and Bucs? Yeah, those are some fierce teams. xDD

Yay for Niners landing Harbaugh...so, GM set, Coach set, just need the QB to fill in the missing piece of the puzzle to stop god-awful teams like the Seahawks from making the playoffs again...

So that's the biggest question for now...where do you look to get that next big QB? I really don't want them to take another risk/being burned in the draft again; Alex Smith is already a big enough scar from that horrible 6 year span with him, even if we have a high enough pick to probably score someone...as for veterans, I'm most open to having someone like McNabb, but not someone like VY. Kolb could be intriguing if the Eagles let him go also, or Vick (lol at that possibility happening). Orton wouldn't even be too bad (much as I don't care for Orton) since we should have Gore back. And presuming he's kept, there's always Troy Smith as well, providing he gets all the offseason learning in...

Guess we'll have to wait and see...just as long as it's not a complete failure like Asshole-fucker Smith was.

Uhh I guess the playoffs should be interesting, I always want a team that has never won the Super Bowl to win it so that's the Eagles/Falcons/Seahawks(lol) this year. My thoughts on Harbaugh going to SF: lol lockout. Seriously though, I don't know if I would go into that job if I were him, even if I did know with 100% certainty that there will be a season next year. I guess it won't be too hard to win the division if none of the teams improve!

Finally one guy got banned, now if only that other I have on ignore would be...

Seahawks staying surprisingly competitive, but that's likely due to homefield advantage; almost guarantee that if the Saints were hosting this, the Seahawks would have melted by now.

Oh yeah, anyone else catch how much ESPN is putting up to keep MNF? $1.9 billion a year...damn...granted, that has to include some other perks like the rights to show some Super Bowls, but geez...hope they ran their numbers right to support that kind of a bill, even I'd be skeptical of ad revenue supporting that price tag for something you show for 16 or so weeks.

I don't like how easily Seattle is scoring against the Saints pass defense. This game may be closer than I initially thought (or hoped).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)