The Everything NFL Thread - 2010 Season

Any given Sunday (Saturday for today) is right. I turned the game off after Seattle seemed like they had given up. I turn it back on and Seattle still has the lead. This next game is going to have a lot of interesting plays to match this. Best game I have watched all season.

I don't see why anyone should be upset, but Saints fans. The only other people that could possibly be upset are Giants and Bucs fans because their teams were better and weren't able to get in. If the Saints couldn't put away a sub-500 playoff team, that's their problem. Not the Jets, Ravens, or Packers. This is good for the NFL.
I meant the whole "home team has worse record" thing. If this game was played at a neutral site or in the Superdome, I'm pretty sure the Saints would have won handily. Because the rules are flawed, the Saints and potentially one or more of the other visiting teams this weekend (Jets/Ravens/Packers) might just be screwed over by homefield advantage. Bucs and Giants fans have reasons to be pissed off too, though!

Though, giving the "lesser" team home field advantage does make the playing field more level, but how the hell is that fair =/

LOL Feel Good got banned, we all should've put him on the ignore list like that one guy.
you're welcome

also what the fuck was that, NO's defense was absolutely ABYSMAL.

my hatred for NBC's football coverage deepens every day; their bandwagoning is incredible, literally yesterday everyone was touting the glories of the saints and suddenly NBC is the only one who called this game right

Its funny because this game never should have been close at 34-20 when Seattle's receivers started to drop 1st down passes. Saints defence was awful. Honestly was not suprised at the outcome even though as a Falcons fan I wanted the Saints to lose. I'm shocked that the Saints were up by 10 at one point and the Seahawks dominated the rest of the game.

So do the hawks play the steelers next?
Seattle hasn't been in the AFC since 2001.

Their opponent won't be decided until the Packers/Eagles game; if the Packers win, Seattle plays @Chicago (where they won earlier this year!), and if the Eagles win then Seattle plays @Atlanta.

my hatred for NBC's football coverage deepens every day; their bandwagoning is incredible, literally yesterday everyone was touting the glories of the saints and suddenly NBC is the only one who called this game right
lol I liked how they referred to the Saints as the "Defending Super Bowl Champions" every time they could.

I meant the whole "home team has worse record" thing. If this game was played at a neutral site or in the Superdome, I'm pretty sure the Saints would have won handily. Because the rules are flawed, the Saints and potentially one or more of the other visiting teams this weekend (Jets/Ravens/Packers) might just be screwed over by homefield advantage. Bucs and Giants fans have reasons to be pissed off too, though!

Though, giving the "lesser" team home field advantage does make the playing field more level, but how the hell is that fair =/
This is the NFL, no matter where the game is played its inexcusable to lose to the Seahawks in the playoffs... If the best teams were supposed to win then whats the point in having playoffs? Why not just let the season count as playoffs and let the best regular season record be declared the champ? Seriously lol, this game was incredibly good for football... Who was seriously gonna tune in to watch the Saints destroy Seattle at home? This game was watchable and incredibly watchable at that

Some people forget that in the playoffs everybody's record is 0-0. Anything can happen. hi5 to lakers for being one of the two people to correctly predict the game today along with me :naughty:

The currently playoff system is fine, the only people who have any reason to be upset are giants and bucs fans. I don't care seattle had a worse record than NO, if the saints can't put away a team with a losing record they don't deserve to go on any farther in the playoffs, even if the game was on the road.

It was not good football. The Saints were missing tackling and dropping passes all day. I was already talking about the missed tackles early game, then that last drive just punched the point home as emphatically as possible. Good execution and hard play is what makes up good football, not close games. You can buy into a false ideal all you want just because it is the easiest to settle on, but both very good and very bad games end up close. Bears 38 Jets 34 - that was a good close game. A good example of several bad games were any games involving the Dolphins as the season wore on and their offense died...13-10 loss to the Browns, 10-6 win over the Jets, 17-14 loss to the Bills, all really bad games. I like football at its best, not football that is close because of sloppy play by a superior team, or sloppy by both teams (last year's Saints-Vikings).

Also even if it was a really bad game, it certainly was hilarious.

I must say, I've ate my own words regarding Seattle tonight...though next game, they're away, and they're not only a horrible road team, but Atlanta is near unbeatable at home, and the Bears aren't sloppy either (I'm convinced their earlier loss to the Seahawks was a fluke). Honestly though, Seahawks better hope the Packers somehow beat the Eagles, so that they get the lesser of 2 evils imo.

Also, Jets need to have the cardiac prefix attached to them, they're winning way to many close games for comfort. Though hey, a win is a win. Kudos to the Colts though for still hanging in there till the very end, if they didn't have even half the injuries that have plagued them all year, they'd probably have mopped up the Jets based on their performance. They'll need all the luck they can muster heading into the Patriots matchup though, better hope the losers they beat in the first few weeks show up instead of the ones that kicked their asses not so long ago. Fire them up Ryan and kick their asses!

Wow... just wow. o.O

That run by Lynch was just beast. He stiff-armed a guy and hey fell back 5 yards. xDD

And the Colts really let me down. wtf was that? stupid running into the kicker penalty. >>

That Colts rusher who ran into the punter seemed a little overzealous or something. Is it legal to push the defender into the kicker, 'cause it did seem like he had a little momentum he wasn't anticipating. New strategy if you're within five yards of the first?

That Colts rusher who ran into the punter seemed a little overzealous or something. Is it legal to push the defender into the kicker, 'cause it did seem like he had a little momentum he wasn't anticipating. New strategy if you're within five yards of the first?
If the defender is pushed into a kicker or punter you can't get a penalty for it.

Bucs fans have no reason to feel gypped by not making the playoffs. The Bucs had chances to beat Detroit and Atlanta, but they didn't. Giants fans, on the other hand, should feel a bit cheated as they did absolutely demolish Seattle in Seattle. Still, all the Giants had to do was beat Philly and they would've made it in.

Rodgers threw a perfect pass to James Jones and he dropped it!!!!!! I could have caught that!

And I'm angry I didn't get to watch the Ravens game. The newspaper lied and my Tivo lied.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)