The Everything NFL Thread - 2010 Season

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm honestly not all that surprised Seattle won, between their home field advantage (seriously they're way better at home) and the Saints being so banged up injury-wise.

MADDEN CURSE'D

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ravens Steelers next week...it's only fitting. Also, I am torn. I despise the Jets and their cheating ways this season, and thus I want them to lose, but them losing means New England winning. New England winning means Pittsburgh would have to play them next if they beat Baltimore, and I hate playing NE in the playoffs :(. I also would love another crack at the Jets after they cheated their way to a win in the first meeting. I guess I should root for the Jets next week, but begrudgingly so.

Also Packers are going to the SB. Calling it right now.

Ravens Steelers next week...it's only fitting. Also, I am torn. I despise the Jets and their cheating ways this season, and thus I want them to lose, but them losing means New England winning. New England winning means Pittsburgh would have to play them next if they beat Baltimore, and I hate playing NE in the playoffs :(. I also would love another crack at the Jets after they cheated their way to a win in the first meeting. I guess I should root for the Jets next week, but begrudgingly so.

Also Packers are going to the SB. Calling it right now.
You're wise to choose the lesser of 2 evils; hell, any team beating the Patriots is a good thing, all 3 remaining AFC teams are far more likable than another Patriots Super Bowl.

As for the NFC, Eagles got knocked out :(

Bears for the Super Bowl please, though Atlanta would be acceptable as well.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
No, I personally would love to see a Steelers at Patriots AFC Championship.

Because I'd be far more comfortable playing the Steelers than the Ravens.

EDIT:

I'd like to call a Green Bay at Seahawks NFC Championship right now.

Come on let's face it, it'd be fucking hilarious.

Hmmm. QQ's for the Eagles. Twas a GG. xD

ATL all the way plz. :3

Baltimore and Patriots in the AFC Championship. Calling it.

I hate the Steelers so I want the Ravens to beat them. I hate the Jets and the Patriots but the Patriots are always in it and would probably do better against the Packers in the Superbowl so I want the Jets to win that game. The Falcons are cool but I want them to lose to Green Bay cause Green Bay is awesome. I want the Seahawks to beat the Bears because that would be hilarious. I want the Packers to continue on to the Superbowl by beating the Seahawks, and I want the Ravens to crush the Jets in the AFC Champioship game. Finally, I want the Packers to beat Baltimore in the Superbowl.

If all of that happens, I'd be happy. :)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
We meet again, Rex Ryan. How'd you like New England last time?? Oh wait thats right you forgot to show up to that game ^_^

3-1. fuk kansas. all my "upset" picks won except them D:

I think ATL can take GB again. Their defense has improved greatly since their last meeting... if not then Green Bay vs Baltimore superbowl callin it.

Do you realize that Seattle was the only home team to win? LOL.
I dunno whether that's a sign or just plain scary...*shivers

Interesting for sure, the worst team of the bunch winning the only home game...too bad Seattle fails at away games. None of that 12th man crap.

I personally find it interesting that every one of the matchups are repeats of matchups even earlier in the season. The AFC obviously has two pairs of divisional opponents, and the NFC has two matchups that happened in the same location earlier this season.

A lot of people are sold on Green Bay this weekend @Atlanta, and for good reason. Earlier in the year, the Packers massed 418 yards of offense against the Falcons in the Georgia Dome, but only had 17 points to show for it. Though they essentially had no running game (Rodgers had 51 of their 77 rushing yards, lol) Rodgers passed the ball with ease against the Falcon's secondary. If not for a fumble at the goal line, it's highly likely that the Packers would have ended up winning that game. The Falcons, however, were efficient on Offense despite gaining only 294 total yards, with Ryan going 24/28 and Turner gaining 110 yards on 23 carries. If the Packers were smart, they'd set up the passing game early to take advantage of the running game later, and not the other way around like they tried in the first matchup. However, the Falcons did have the bye week and have almost no injuries of any significance, while the Packers have a short week before having to play again on Saturday.

tl;dr should be a close game (but I guess everyone knew that already)

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In my opinion the Falcons' greatest strength is also their greatest weakness - their consistency. They have been impressively consistent throughout the entire season, but that comes with a couple of negative points -- predictability and lack of explosiveness. Matt Ryan will predictably throw at least 15 balls at Roddy White in the game. They will also push Turner on the ground. If the Packers can neutralize Roddy with double coverage on a consistent basis, Ryan will be forced to explore other options. He's an excellent quarterback, but I think the Falcons' ho-hum reputation will land them on the losing end of this matchup.

Seahawks beat the Saints. WHAT? I swear the Saints would have breezed into the Superbowl or at least the semifinals. Too bad the Seahawks will be crushed by the Bears.

The Colts lost to the Jets, which is kind of odd, but not too weird, the Jets are definitely on an uphill swing. The only problem is that the Colts win means that the Steelers will play the Ravens, and the Jets will play the Patriots. The Patriots will destroy the Jets so bad, it's not even funny. As much as I'd hate to say it, the Patriots could definitely win it. I myself am a Steelers fan, so I'm a little worried. Baltimore (our rival) is a strong team and we've struggle with it in the past. Even if we win against the Ravens, we still need to face the Patriots before the Superbowl, and that's not looking too hopeful. Basically, the Patriots will advance to the Superbowl, and the NFC is a free-for-all.

But as much as I'd hate to say it, the Patriots deserve it. Brady is absolutely killer on offense, and they have solid enough defense to keep the scores pretty one-sided.

But the Steelers also deserve it as well (and not just because I'm a Steelers fan). They have THE best defense in the NFL at the moment. Polomalu, Smith, Woodley, and Harrison are defensive gods. And their offense is decent enough. Roethlisberger is a pretty good QB (and not a rapist, he was never proven guilty), and the wide receivers (Ward, Wallace, Randle El, and Miller) are fantastic. Stefan Logan, the Punt Reciever, is also capable of scoring multiple touchdowns as long as the blockers hold together.

Wait really? I know the Bears are bad (moreso horribly inconsistent) for a 2 seed, but people are thinking that the Seahawks will beat them? The Bears did get better since that Seahawks-Bears game.

Edit: I assumed he thought that the Seahawks were some sort of shoo-in for the NFC Championship game, but eh, you're probably right, popemobile.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Wait really? I know the Bears are bad (moreso horribly inconsistent) for a 2 seed, but people are thinking that the Seahawks will beat them? The Bears did get better since that Seahawks-Bears game.
Well the Seahawks got better too. Mostly I figure people are just enjoying the hilarity while it lasts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)