Inactive EonTimer / ZomgTimer

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Gotta post to say this: thank you, sir. Without that visual aid, I'd still be cracking my head around some weird problem in sound I'm having with both your program (sounds are off, waaaay off) and PikaTimer (doesn't make a sound at all).
You're quite welcome.

To you and anyone else who has downloaded, you're going to want to update to the new 2.2. I had a pretty big bug in the CGear timer and a small one that didn't adjust the minutes correctly sometimes. These have both been fixed.

You're quite welcome.

To you and anyone else who has downloaded, you're going to want to update to the new 2.2. I had a pretty big bug in the CGear timer and a small one that didn't adjust the minutes correctly sometimes. These have both been fixed.
Not only that, but now it shows the second length! Nice update. Downloaded already. :)

Thank you. I've been experiencing a problem with pikatimer for some time now. It would randomly count down super fast and distort my system's time. Your program seems like it'll be just what the doctor ordered.

This timer is great! But I've been having a problem using this for Emerald. Whenever I try to hit relatively higher frames (~30000) using the timer, I end up missing by 2000-3000 frames, even when using the calibration. It works fine for lower frames. Am I doing something wrong?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This timer is great! But I've been having a problem using this for Emerald. Whenever I try to hit relatively higher frames (~30000) using the timer, I end up missing by 2000-3000 frames, even when using the calibration. It works fine for lower frames. Am I doing something wrong?
Well, it's a fairly new feature, so it may have some bugs. I don't RNG Emerald myself so I can't tell you what's you wrong. I'll have someone look into it though.

Edit: After consultation, I assume you're using an emulator? The problem is that it doesn't run at full speed. The change can make you hit off of what you want it to be. I haven't elected to include a feature to counteract this since it wont do a ton to solve the problem.

Is there a guide to this timer, or something? I've read all of the amazing things about it, and I believe them, but I'm not familiar with the beeps and I'm not sure when to hit A. Like, with PikaTimer, how it counts down from 9 to 0, I know when to press A. But with this one, the beeps are confusing, so if someone can help me, that would be nice ^^

Is there a guide to this timer, or something? I've read all of the amazing things about it, and I believe them, but I'm not familiar with the beeps and I'm not sure when to hit A. Like, with PikaTimer, how it counts down from 9 to 0, I know when to press A. But with this one, the beeps are confusing, so if someone can help me, that would be nice ^^
As I only use Toast's Timer to RNG I think I can help. Well, the beeps are actually the number you input + when it hits zero.

I'll give you an example: I always use 10 beeps and Visual Mode, as I find it better, with 500ms frequency. So it will start beeping when it hits 5 seconds, and beep every 500ms there after (4,5 seconds, 4 seconds, 3,5 seconds, and so on) + a beep when it hits zero (total = 11 beeps). You press A when it hits zero, the last beep.

As I only use Toast's Timer to RNG I think I can help. Well, the beeps are actually the number you input + when it hits zero.

I'll give you an example: I always use 10 beeps and Visual Mode, as I find it better, with 500ms frequency. So it will start beeping when it hits 5 seconds, and beep every 500ms there after (4,5 seconds, 4 seconds, 3,5 seconds, and so on) + a beep when it hits zero (total = 11 beeps). You press A when it hits zero, the last beep.
I'm still a bit confused about the frequency. And I don't get what I bolded. So, does that mean it beeps twice for every second? Lol, sorry, I'm just used to PikaTimer that only beeps once every second + the last beep when you press A. Is it possible to make it do that on this timer?

Toast++

I'm still a bit confused about the frequency. And I don't get what I bolded. So, does that mean it beeps twice for every second? Lol, sorry, I'm just used to PikaTimer that only beeps once every second + the last beep when you press A. Is it possible to make it do that on this timer?
Yes, its possible. Look at the first page for a bit of an illustration. The frequency is just how many times it beeps in a second. A second is 1000ms. So 500 is half a second. I've personally found it mucheasier to hit at this rate and I encourage you to try it this way a few times. The number of beeps part is more of a "countdown from." For example the default 5 means 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. A. So a total of 6.

A short answer would be: 1 second = 1000 miliseconds. So when you set the frequency to 500ms, it will beep twice in a second. For example: when it reaches 5 seconds, and when it reaches 4,5 seconds (500ms away from the last beep), and so on.

About your question, yes, it's possible. You just have to increase the frequency to 1000ms. It will beep every second + the last beep.

Ninja'd by Toast.

so my target second would be 02 if target time is 12:00:02?

just wanted to be sure.

Downloaded it and using now

So what exactly is meant by "upgrade Java"? I'm on W7 and command line doesn't recognize either of those strings.
~Uiru

Toast++

So what exactly is meant by "upgrade Java"? I'm on W7 and command line doesn't recognize either of those strings.
~Uiru
No need for command line. The program is an executable. If clicking to open doesn't work, just download Java.

If it still doesn't work, PM me for a link to the beta of a new timer.

Toast++

Ah! That helps a LOT! you might want to put that in your first post
Like I say, I need to update this. Actually, I'm thinking of making a site where this stuff will be explained. Actually until a couple of people did it, I had no idea that a jar file could be extracted so... that's part of the reason it's not there.

guys please help me out =)

i've been having this problem for so long now, it seems that when im using pikatimer to rng and try to hit a certain delay, at first im way off and i have to update but that is ok, the problem is it seems that i usually hit delays around the delay i need and im able to verify that from the adjacent results but it seems that when i actually hit the right delay i end up on a totally different seed, and when i try to search the adjacent results viz the roamer method i get this message "no match was found for your roaming pokemon" , note that the roamers are raikou, entei and latios, raikou and entei are in the right route but latios is always on a different route than it should be according to the data from rng and that is why i get that annoying message :S

all in all, can somebody please help me understand why when i hit the right delay i end up on a different seed :S why cant i get the right seed when i actually hit the right delay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)