Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are not only simple, but very noobish (I'm incredibly green to competitive).

1) What is the dream world tier? Is it only for using pokemon with their dream world abilities?

2) I'm noticing a lot of stat boosting teams. Crobat is listed as a base 130 speed. Does that mean if someone was passed a dragon dance, crobat could only outspeed it to use haze if the now DD poke's base was under 87?

3) Is Swampert or Gastrodon with Mirror Coat, Counter and a focus sash (assuming no SR or spikes) a reasonable counter for powered up pokemon? It seems to me they would be, so I'm looking more for why not.

These are not only simple, but very noobish (I'm incredibly green to competitive).

1) What is the dream world tier? Is it only for using pokemon with their dream world abilities?

2) I'm noticing a lot of stat boosting teams. Crobat is listed as a base 130 speed. Does that mean if someone was passed a dragon dance, crobat could only outspeed it to use haze if the now DD poke's base was under 87?

3) Is Swampert or Gastrodon with Mirror Coat, Counter and a focus sash (assuming no SR or spikes) a reasonable counter for powered up pokemon? It seems to me they would be, so I'm looking more for why not.
1) Yep, it is a tier for use of the unreleased abilities and event pokemon (genosect, meloetta, kerudio) as well as currently illegal move combinations (due to some event DW pokemon only being male - so they can't have egg moves). PO's DW tiers don't use team preview I believe as well.

2) Here is a speed tier list for 5th gen, it will come in very handy for you. Basically, the columns show everything affecting speed - base speed, nature, EVs (and in some cases IVs) and stat level. Stat levels increase a given stat by 50% for each level - so using Dragon Dance boosts an attack stat of 100 to 150, and speed stats of 200 to 300, for example, whilst agility will boost a speed stat of 200 to 400 as it raises speed two stages (for a 100% boost). So, using the speed tiers, we can see that Jolly 252EV Crobat hits 394 speed, and that +1 speed +Speed natured base 70 speed pokemon hit 393 speed. So Crobat can only outspeed base 70s at +1 for sure. Not very simple but that should help, reread it a few times.

3) They aren't very good counters given that Focus Sash is incredibly unreliable as it is very hard to guarantee that there will be no entry hazards set up. A generic counter for stat boosters is Unaware Quagsire, as he ignores stat boosts, or scarfers to outspeed and revenge attack boosters. Whimsicott is also excellent for the ability to Encore stat boosting moves and switch out to something that can OHKO.

1) Yep, it is a tier for use of the unreleased abilities and event pokemon (genosect, meloetta, kerudio) as well as currently illegal move combinations (due to some event DW pokemon only being male - so they can't have egg moves). PO's DW tiers don't use team preview I believe as well.

2) Here is a speed tier list for 5th gen, it will come in very handy for you. Basically, the columns show everything affecting speed - base speed, nature, EVs (and in some cases IVs) and stat level. Stat levels increase a given stat by 50% for each level - so using Dragon Dance boosts an attack stat of 100 to 150, and speed stats of 200 to 300, for example, whilst agility will boost a speed stat of 200 to 400 as it raises speed two stages (for a 100% boost). So, using the speed tiers, we can see that Jolly 252EV Crobat hits 394 speed, and that +1 speed +Speed natured base 70 speed pokemon hit 393 speed. So Crobat can only outspeed base 70s at +1 for sure. Not very simple but that should help, reread it a few times.

3) They aren't very good counters given that Focus Sash is incredibly unreliable as it is very hard to guarantee that there will be no entry hazards set up. A generic counter for stat boosters is Unaware Quagsire, as he ignores stat boosts, or scarfers to outspeed and revenge attack boosters. Whimsicott is also excellent for the ability to Encore stat boosting moves and switch out to something that can OHKO.
1) Does that mean any Chandelure that has Shadow Tag? Or just if it has Shadow Tag and some attack?

2) Thanks!

3) What makes unaware Quagsire good here? Should I use one with Haze and Encore? I need a fairly generic status boost counter, because in the 20 games I played last night with my team, I went 16-4 and in 13 of those games never used my 6th pokemon (I have a core of 5, and realized my 6th needs to be a counter). In those 4 losses I was run over by a status booster after realizing way too late that Roar has a -6 priority factor.

1) Does that mean any Chandelure that has Shadow Tag? Or just if it has Shadow Tag and some attack?

2) Thanks!

3) What makes unaware Quagsire good here? Should I use one with Haze and Encore? I need a fairly generic status boost counter, because in the 20 games I played last night with my team, I went 16-4 and in 13 of those games never used my 6th pokemon (I have a core of 5, and realized my 6th needs to be a counter). In those 4 losses I was run over by a status booster after realizing way too late that Roar has a -6 priority factor.
1) Chandelure can use either shadow tag or Flash Fire in the DW Tier.
3) Unaware Quagsire is "good" because it can take boosted hits as if they were not boosted, effectively rendering the opponent's set-up useless. Use Erufuun (or whatever its new name is now) to counter set-up sweepers, as you can priority Encore their set-up move, then switch out and either set up your own sweeper to counter them or just phaze them out.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why is outspeeding Jolly Tyranitar such a priority on defensive Pokemon, even though it's pretty uncommon (and nearly unusable) in today's metagame. Asking this in favor of 5th generation Celebi and Sigilyth.

Why is outspeeding Jolly Tyranitar such a priority on defensive Pokemon, even though it's pretty uncommon (and nearly unusable) in today's metagame. Asking this in favor of 5th generation Celebi and Sigilyth.
Siglyph and Celebi need to be able to take it out with Leaft Storm/burn it with Psycho Shift before T-tar KOs them (possibly) with STAB SE Crunch

Thing is, it is so important for those things to be able to outspeed TTar that you should prepare even for the rare max spe TTar which you may encounter. This becomes more relevant when you are laddering, as there is always the chance of you facing off against a not so good opp who may be using max speed even on their mixTar...

1) Chandelure can use either shadow tag or Flash Fire in the DW Tier.
3) Unaware Quagsire is "good" because it can take boosted hits as if they were not boosted, effectively rendering the opponent's set-up useless. Use Erufuun (or whatever its new name is now) to counter set-up sweepers, as you can priority Encore their set-up move, then switch out and either set up your own sweeper to counter them or just phaze them out.
1) Maybe I phrased my question poorly. Serebii has Chandelure's Dream World ability as Shadow Tag. Does that mean Shadow Tag Chandelure is only playable in the Dream World tier?

3) Encore is a priority move? Like, similar to Mach Punch? Or are you just suggesting that Erufuun is fast enough to outspeed anything? I'm curious, because I haven't seen anything to suggest the former.

1) Maybe I phrased my question poorly. Serebii has Chandelure's Dream World ability as Shadow Tag. Does that mean Shadow Tag Chandelure is only playable in the Dream World tier?

3) Encore is a priority move? Like, similar to Mach Punch? Or are you just suggesting that Erufuun is fast enough to outspeed anything? I'm curious, because I haven't seen anything to suggest the former.
1) Yes

3) Erufuun's ability, Mischievous Heart/ Prankster, increases the priority of all non-attacking moves (including Encore) by 1, so its Encore is indeed priority 1, the same as Mach Punch and co.

I'll just switch my answers to 1,2 form for ease.
1)Chandelure with Shadow tag has not been officially released by Nintendo yet, and is therefore only playable on the dreamworld ladder.

2)Erufuun's ability, Teasing Heart, gives non-attacking moves like Encore +1 priority

How soon can you battle/trade using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection? Is it as soon as I get the Pokédex and am able to trade locally, or do I have to progress farther?

A hack whose ability & movesets are within the game's legal limit...
I mean, the example of ILLEGAL hacks are Wonder Guard Hoppip, Extremespeed Blissey.
EDIT: While hacking a mon to have 31 IV in all stats might be considered legal hack ._.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)