Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say a pokemon; Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Sharpedo. Are behind a sub and are with a direct attack (mach punch) Would the attacking pokemon lose Hit Points from their ability and rugged helmet?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What are "legal" hacks...? Seems like a bit of an oxymoron.
A legal hack is one that is obtained by cheating (Action Replay or a similar method), but is hypothetically possible to obtain without cheating (no more than 510 EVs, legal move combinations, etc.). It's generally done by people who don't have the time and/or patience to train a team legitimately.

It's been a while. Does Scrappy work for all types and immunities, or does it just work against ghosts?
Can Kangaskhan use Toxic on a poison type or Psychic on a dark type? Earthquake against Flyers? And, actually, even if it does just target ghosts, does it only apply to normal-type attacks, or can Scrappy SubPunch K-Kahn send Spiritomb running?

Scrappy is able to hit Ghost-type opponents with Normal- and Fighting-type moves, at normal damage. Thats it, as far as I know. So yeah, it can use fighting attacks, but not poison, psychic, ground, etc, as effectively.

How soon can you battle/trade using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection? Is it as soon as I get the Pokédex and am able to trade locally, or do I have to progress farther?
From what I saw, you can make wireless local trades as soon as you get the C-gear, and wi-fi trade as soon as you get on Castelia City.

I'm having a huge problem with the Buruguru, Natt, Gliscor defensive core. Does anyone have any suggestions on a wall-breaker that can effectively handle (OHKO) each one of these? Also, what's the best counter for bulky waters? For bonus points, find the wall-breaker from GEN I & II only. Thanks!

Off the top of my head I can think of a DD Zuruzukin with DD/HJK/Crunch/Ice Punch. It can set up on Nattorei and proceed to run through the three. If you need one from gen 1/2, you can use a TTar who has Crunch/Fire move/Ice move or even DNite if you can predict well.

The best counter for bulky waters in gen 5 is Birijion. However, both Rotom-W and Nattorei serve this purpose excellently as well.

Does Trick Room's speed-altering effect kick in the turn it's used or the turn after? Like, say, if I have a pokemon use After You on a Trick Room pokemon in a double battle so it moves before the two opponents, will the order of the opponents moves be affected by Trick Room on that turn?

Changes to Speed never apply in the middle of a turn. For example, if a Weavile uses Icy Wind on a Garchomp and Salamence, they'll still attack before the Gyarados that's on the same side. Trick Room would work the same way.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If the game generates a shiny code for it, it re-rolls so it wont be shiny. So, Victini, Reshiram, and Zekrom will never be shiny, regardless of the situation, unless you have an action replay.
Reshiram and Zekrom actually can be shiny, I think, if you fill up your party and your entire PC so you aren't able to catch it, in which case it appears at Dragon Spiral Tower without a shiny check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)