5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I dunno, I never had to lose to N to check IVs, it's not too hard if you know the given IVs within a range of 2 or so since each IV pattern is still fairly unique...or at least it was for me I guess lol.
For me...one way to check if you've hit your seed in catching Reshiram/Zekrom is to check if it has an HP Stat of 175. If it ain't 175, then the HP IV is below 30. I guess most of us choose Pokes with HP IV of 30 or 31.

Also take note that Reshiram/Zekrom, assuming it has all-flawless IVs & neutral nature, will have stats of...

HP= 175
Atk= 140/170
Def= 120/140
Sp.Atk= 170/140
Sp.Def= 140/120
Speed= 110

You can check its stats during N's battle.

If you're not using Master Ball, then using a Level 87 Seismic Tosser or Night Shader will do. If it survives after 2 Night Shades/Seismic Tosses, then Reshiram/Zekrom will have either 30 or 31 HP IV.
Be careful though, your adjacent seeds may also have 30/31 HP IVs...so it's a good idea to use a "1-under", but then again...sync doesn't always work.

Looks like I'm SR'ing reshiram. At this rate, I'll have a decent SR'd one before I even hit my seed once.

I'm a patient person, but if I did hit my seed and got a negative nature, I think I'd lose my mind. So many hours spent on this so far with nothing to show for it.

Hey all just checked our RNG Reporter 9 BETA 1, and I have to ask to be sure: is DS Parameter calculation use in RR only good for Japanese ones, or does it work for U.S. and just not list it?

Hey all just checked our RNG Reporter 9 BETA 1, and I have to ask to be sure: is DS Parameter calculation use in RR only good for Japanese ones, or does it work for U.S. and just not list it?
DS Parameter is for non-CGear. Non-CGear is off limits right now, as stated in the OP.

So, no DS Parameter Calculations for English games.

Alright, so it appears that there is an update for AR's which you'll need for AR codes on B&W. My AR is messed and I bought it over 4 years ago, so I manually type the codes. Now, even when I do that, the game freezes because the AR needs the update. I only need it to determine the seed I hit. Is there any other way to get the exact answer I want without knowing it's IV's? Or could I trade it to someone and see if it worked?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright, so it appears that there is an update for AR's which you'll need for AR codes on B&W. My AR is messed and I bought it over 4 years ago, so I manually type the codes. Now, even when I do that, the game freezes because the AR needs the update. I only need it to determine the seed I hit. Is there any other way to get the exact answer I want without knowing it's IV's? Or could I trade it to someone and see if it worked?
Just use an IV calculator. It's easier than you think.

Will a clone or something bred from a clone show up as a hack?

I ask because I want to clone my perfect ditto from soul silver and transfer the clone, but if it'll show up as a hack I'd rather not.

Going to try to learn C-Gear abuse tomorrow and I got all my tools over from 4th Gen (except dittos because I'd like to crawl before I walk), and I guess the correct thing to do is to be in a field of grass that has level 50 Pokemon. All I need to do now is download RNG Reporter, but I want to know which timer is tops so far: Eon Timer or ZOMG Timer.

Does anyone has problems with RNG reporters Search IV function? I've been trying to calibrate my timer for days now on Victini and yet every time I try input the IVs I find from each attempt into the system it tells me that no matching IV were found. I know it says input IV of Pokemon instantly after capture, but I first have to found them which a couple of seconds using Metalkid's IV calculator. Is they're something I'm doing wrong or what?

Method: 5 (C-Gear)
Seed: 321efbf0 (31/16/31/31/31/31)
Frame: 6
Time: 21:30:00
Day: 4/5/2011
Delay: 1463

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
If you already have an army of Dittos, I say bring them over.

One advantage to RNGing Dittos in 5th gen is that you aren't stuck with specific IV/nature spreads.

The question was if I should clone the one I do have. If it'll show up as a hack (or if anything bred from it will) I'll RNG another ditto. Otherwise I'll just clone and transfer.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Does anyone has problems with RNG reporters Search IV function? I've been trying to calibrate my timer for days now on Victini and yet every time I try input the IVs I find from each attempt into the system it tells me that no matching IV were found. I know it says input IV of Pokemon instantly after capture, but I first have to found them which a couple of seconds using Metalkid's IV calculator. Is they're something I'm doing wrong or what?

Method: 5 (C-Gear)
Seed: 321efbf0 (31/16/31/31/31/31)
Frame: 6
Time: 21:30:00
Day: 4/5/2011
Delay: 1463
Frame 6 will put your last IV on frame 11, past the range of the adjacent finder. Calibrate on frame 3 (i.e. no advances).

Frame 6 will put your last IV on frame 11, past the range of the adjacent finder. Calibrate on frame 3 (i.e. no advances).
Did what you (capture the stationary legendary as soon as I turn on the C-gear) and so far it's works. Do I continue to do this until I starting hitting delays that within 2-10 hits from my target delay before advancing the frames or until I can hit my target frame on a regular basics?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Did what you (capture the stationary legendary as soon as I turn on the C-gear) and so far it's works. Do I continue to do this until I starting hitting delays that within 2-10 hits from my target delay before advancing the frames or until I can hit my target frame on a regular basics?
Take the delay you got and put it in the "Delay Hit" box and hit Update. Keep doing this until you get a consistent calibration, then you can start advancing the frame.

Did what you (capture the stationary legendary as soon as I turn on the C-gear) and so far it's works. Do I continue to do this until I starting hitting delays that within 2-10 hits from my target delay before advancing the frames or until I can hit my target frame on a regular basis?
Like voodoo said, you can update the calibration using the "delay hit" window. Once you're getting within about 10 (or ideally, within 5 or less) you can start advancing the frames. At that point, it's just a matter of time until you get it right.

And as long as you're close to your desired delay, it's still possible to check how far off you were.

Example: Suppose you want seed 01B80061, Frame 10.
In the main window, generate Method 5 results for 01B80061, then 01B80060, then 01B80062, and so on. (In other words, check your seed first, then check the adjacent seeds if necessary.) Assuming you did your advances correctly, you should be able to find the IVs you got on Frame 10 on one of those seeds.

I've got a few quick questions about rnging with c gear:
1) Is there a way to check what seed you've hit besides catching a pokemon and checking it's IVs?
2) As of right now is it pretty much pointless to attempt to abuse for shinies in the wild with c gear if the frame for it is over a few hundred? I want to get a shiny victini, but from all the results I've checked has shown the closest is one around 800.
3) Is anyone working on a program designed to search for IV spreads yet? I know time finder works, but it takes forever even on relatively small delays.
4) Is there any way to check to see what frame you're currently on (ex: calling elm in HG/SS)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)