5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Alrighty, now for the big question...now, I was in the Relic Castle where I found out all the right pidrng frames I was on. Do I need to redo them since I left there to get the Chatot (as trying to save 50 times was driving me crazy)? Or are they still all the same as I would still be using the same time and seed.

Alrighty, now for the big question...now, I was in the Relic Castle where I found out all the right pidrng frames I was on. Do I need to redo them since I left there to get the Chatot (as trying to save 50 times was driving me crazy)? Or are they still all the same as I would still be using the same time and seed.
The same seed will always starts on the same PID frame.

I just found my parameters for my white version and I've started to search for spreads, and I was wondering which encounter type to set it to for eggs. Do I choose gift, stationary, or wild for it? Also, when searching the natures for eggs, would giving a parent an everstone work the same was a synchronizer works for wilds? Also, when breeding, is it better to search for a shiny PID and then find a frame in that seed for the IVs, or vice versa?

Okay, I'm doing something wrong for sure--when your Standard seed calls for hitting a key, when do you hit it? And do you tap it? Hold it down? When do you release / stop hitting it?

After talking with Viss on AIM for awhile I am still getting the same problem.

Kaphotics I IMed you to with the wrong question. Can I ask for your help on AIM as well or should I stick with this thread?

anyway: The problem is I have everything set up correctly in researcher but no matter how many seeds from time finder I try my TID that is generated never shows up in researcher. I am already calibrated but Viss said it might be a problem with the timer0. It is also set to wild pokemon without shiny box checked.

I also have tried pandora's box and my frame never comes up. I set it to the correct date and everything with the ID it gave me and it never shows my correct seed. I assume it isn't a problem with my timing because even if my timing was a little off I find it hard to believe I am off by a whole minute. I have also tried one minute ahead and it still never showed up.

I have RNGed for shiny/nature and IV successfully before on my black with the same calibration. If I switch the game cartridge to white does it change anything?

my timer0 both min and max is C7C. Apparently this is an uncommon problem.

edit: forgot to mention that I have reset the little choicebox under ds parameters to white already.
Along these lines, how do you go about generating a seed for the Shiny Starter process? Obviously you are not going to have a TID or SID, but do you just find a seed with desired IVs and make sure the Encounter Type is Wild Pokemon? Or do you have to set it to Gift or Stationary Pokemon?

I also realize you have to set the min and max frame to 1. Anything else I'm missing for generating a seed to start the Shiny Starter process?

I cannot find anything close to my PID in the RNG nothing has come close.

Process I used
1 Caught pokemon check nature ability Gender.
2 started game saved 1 time check pokemon nature ability Gender.
3 Started game saved 2 times check nature ability Gender.

Okay, I'm doing something wrong for sure--when your Standard seed calls for hitting a key, when do you hit it? And do you tap it? Hold it down? When do you release / stop hitting it?
Ideally you'll want to hold it down before hitting A to start the game, though in cases where that doesn't work (like a Down key) you can hit it immediately afterwards. Hold it at least until the copyright page comes up.

on the pokemon company screen the first white screen, you can hold it down as soon as you hit the second, i have never tried tapping, but holding down works fine for me
after that screen you can let go

I cannot find anything close to my PID in the RNG nothing has come close.

Process I used
1 Caught pokemon check nature ability Gender.
2 started game saved 1 time check pokemon nature ability Gender.
3 Started game saved 2 times check nature ability Gender.
You have to make sure you actually hit your seed or you won't get accurate results.

I just found my parameters for my white version and I've started to search for spreads, and I was wondering which encounter type to set it to for eggs. Do I choose gift, stationary, or wild for it? Also, when searching the natures for eggs, would giving a parent an everstone work the same was a synchronizer works for wilds? Also, when breeding, is it better to search for a shiny PID and then find a frame in that seed for the IVs, or vice versa?
New page.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
So I'm RNGing a Shiny Thundurus, and the weather makes the PID advance fast and makes it very hard to get a shiny Roamer there, so do when I get down to not many more frames before my PID should I pause the emulator, check my PID frame on the RAM watch, then play it, then pause it again, check the frame, then play it again, and do that until I get the right frame? Or what else should I do?

Trying to RNG a flawless Deino in Victory Road 1F to use as a parent to breed Dark Pulse.

I hit my seed and sweet scented immediately (spread was on frame 1 so I didn't need to advance) to check my starting frame, and ended up catching:

Woobat (F) @ Rash
Lvl 37 / Unaware (Ability 1)

According to http://eggmove.com/encounterblack.html Woobat Lvl 37 is ESV 4 for Victory Road 1F, but according to PPRng that combination of nature and ESV doesn't show up anywhere within the first 150 frames.

Anyone know what's wrong? And yes, I checked the IVs to verify that I hit my seed.

im strating to think my frame is in the 100s instead of 40-60 range
If you had to walk steps to achieve your seed Frame, then that might explain your PID Frame being more than the 40-60 range. Walking steps requires turning of some sort (eventually). That would advance the PID. I'm not sure how much a turn advances the PID though. It's either 1 or 2.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you had to walk steps to achieve your seed Frame, then that might explain your PID Frame being more than the 40-60 range. Walking steps requires turning of some sort (eventually). That would advance the PID. I'm not sure how much a turn advances the PID though. It's either 1 or 2.
Any moving (walk or turn) in an area with wild encounters will advance the PID, which is why you need to make sure you walk the same path every time when you make IV advancements. If you watch the video guide, you'll see that his PID frame starts well into the hundreds.

Any moving (walk or turn) in an area with wild encounters will advance the PID, which is why you need to make sure you walk the same path every time when you make IV advancements. If you watch the video guide, you'll see that his PID frame starts well into the hundreds.
LOL, wasn't it in the 300 range? Honestly, that's why I try to limit the amount of walking. Just adds another variable. I can't imagine doing 9 sets of 128 steps with 1 pokemon. A seed frame of 10 is crazy IMO. Got that for Thundurus. Needless to say, I am going to look for another frame. Gotta keep it simple with the Roamer.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
LOL, wasn't it in the 300 range? Honestly, that's why I try to limit the amount of walking. Just adds another variable. I can't imagine doing 9 sets of 128 steps with 1 pokemon. A seed frame of 10 is crazy IMO. Got that for Thundurus. Needless to say, I am going to look for another frame. Gotta keep it simple with the Roamer.
3 sets of 3 would be more reasonable. I always limit my frame to 6, though (because I like having an empty slot to more quickly check whatever I caught), and even then only if I can't find anything on 1.

3 sets of 3 would be more reasonable. I always limit my frame to 6, though (because I like having an empty slot to more quickly check whatever I caught), and even then only if I can't find anything on 1.
True. That is a lot of steps to keep in order though, even for the 3 x 3. But yeah, limiting it to a frame of 6 is reasonable for me.

Ok is my Chatot fucked up or something? I scroll back and forth between the 2 of them every time on the screen and hear its dumb call I made for it for the appropriate number of times, but I'm falling either 22 before or 17 ahead some freaking how...am I doing this wrong? Do I need to exit the status screen completely or something? Because I'm hitting the seed fine, it's just the dumb pidrng frame that's not cooperating now for some lame reason, and I can't verify it any further because this dumb Pokemon has only 1 ability >.>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)