Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a leisurely battle that will occupy my time for a while.

3v3 Evolution-Capable Singles
2 Day Disqualify
∞ Recovers / ∞ Chills
Switching is permitted.

Bring four Pokémon. Once you've used three of them in battle, the remaining Pokémon must sit out for the rest of the match. You don't select which one sits out until the moment you send out your third Pokémon.

Pinnacle Ruins
Sized for - 3 Pokémon per side. (Large)
Water Depth - Shallow (Surf, Muddy Water, and Dive can be used by drawing on the water source. Small Pokémon can submerge themselves, larger Pokémon can simply wade through the water with little difficulty.)
Seismic Activity - Allowed (The arena is sufficiently far from unprotected structures, or is properly insulated against this sort of punishment. Earthquake, Magnitude, Fissure, and Dig are permitted.)

A ruined complex from a bygone age, these crumbling pillars and walls bask in the high-altitute sunlight. The air is fridgid in this altitutes, but the sun alleviates this.

Pinnacle Ruins has the following traits:
  • The long trek up to reach this arena takes its toll on even the hardiest traveler - both players' lead Pokémon (or only Pokémon as the case may be) have one less rank in Attack and Special Attack for the first three rounds of battle.
  • Weather affinity (Sun) and Weather affinity (Hail). The appropriate weathers last an additional two (2) rounds.
  • Seismic attacks, while not forbidden, are hazardous. Each time one is used, the user risks a 10% chance that a nearby pillar or old wall will crumple onto them; dealing damage as a R5 user of non-STAB Rock Slide.
Well then, this is open again.

I'm accepting this! Please don't drop it! D:

Switch=OK (Obviously)
No Items
All Abilities

Need a ref.

Need a ref for this match

4 v 4 doubles
2 Day DQ combatants 3 day ref
Arena: Boy Scout Camp

A dry field in summer. Surrounding you are a few dozen boy scout with nothing better to do. At the end of every roud, they will throw something at combatants because they think it's funny. It will either be:
Knives (steel)
Fire (Fire)
Water Balloons (Water)
Walking sticks (grass)
Slushies (Ice)
Rocks (Rock)

These will be a 7 BP attack of their respective typing thrown at Rank Three Attack. Due to the lack of water, surf can not be used.
I will be using FE mons.
Ill accept this
1 Ability
no items or switching

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hmmmm...Leethoof needs to get his newest Shieldons up to par with his other ones.

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
Arena: Roleplaying training grounds - A very high tech arena which can transform to anything the ref wants, to encourage awesome battling. As this is a roleplaying training grounds, each trainer must order at least one roleplaying command/action each round, or use a move in a creative way. If the ref determines the moves use not creative enough, then one random action will fail for that trainer.

Also, will have to wait on prize claiming to start the battle.
Accepting.
Switching is allowed if you somehow trick the ref into allowing it, Items are not (though I suppose you can take an action to summon or create an item from the arena if you so choose :P), all Abilities, etc etc
I will be using NFEs but you're using Shieldons so I don't think there will be a problem.

EDIT: Infinite anythings. (chills, recoveries, etc)
needs moar reffing

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills per Pokemon
NFE Mons only
Arena: Celestial Tower Top

Just a small circular arena with a bell. Beware the occasional Elgyem & Litwick which may intervene with the battle, however.
I'll take ya' on Random! :D

Switch=lol
Items=None
Abilities=All
Obligatory Bump, we need a ref post. Also, I won't send my team until my Prize Claim gets approved, if it's okay to wait.

I'll take on some reffing
Its A Random and Toast Tyrant
Woodchuck and Leethoof
Pinkcaptainfalcon and Redaimond
Send teams.
This may hurt me but oh well, I haven't got any battles atm...

new match time.

3v3 singles
1 day dq / 2 for ref
2 recoveries / 5 chills
arena is wherever
first stage evos please.
Challenge Accepted. You'll have to wait for Fawkes to finish getting destroyed by an Onix though. (you should know, you're reffing that battle).

switch=KO
all abilites
no items

Arena: The Dusk Forest
The arena is a clearing surrounded by large, ancient trees. These trees have numerous branches to climb and stand on. You may burn individual branches but not entire trees. Water pools on branches, but unless it is raining, there is not enough water for powerful water attacks to be used. All attacks are useable, but Dig has a 10% accuracy reduction due to the roots, there isn't enough water for powerful water attacks outside of Rain, and Sandstorm is not allowed (trees block the sand). All weathers and field effects except Sandstorm allowed.

3v3 triples weakmon (non evolved mons) battle
2 day dq
2 recoveries / 5 chills

Arena :
Titanic 2.0 : Two large ships going side by side. The fight is commenced on the front deck of the ships, which are clear of all obstacles. The gap between the ships are about 2 meters. Pokemon can jump the gap by using quick attack and similar attacks (agility also counts) or launch themselves with their own attacks (e.g. using twister or whirlwind). Falling from the deck means you're out of the game.

Anyone interested?

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
3v3 triples weakmon (non evolved mons) battle
2 day dq
2 recoveries / 5 chills

Arena :
Titanic 2.0 : Two large ships going side by side. The fight is commenced on the front deck of the ships, which are clear of all obstacles. The gap between the ships are about 2 meters. Pokemon can jump the gap by using quick attack and similar attacks (agility also counts) or launch themselves with their own attacks (e.g. using twister or whirlwind). Falling from the deck means you're out of the game.

Anyone interested?
Sure.

Challenging anyone I haven't battled (with or against) yet who has 4 Pokemon!
How to Train Your Dragon
4 VS 4 Doubles
Beginner Battle (at first, you just can't bring FEs (I mean, not just full EC))
Training Battle
(This battle acts as if it never happened; it will not go on the profile or W/L/T of either player)
DQ: 2 days/3day ref DQ
Limits: ∞ Recovers / ∞ Chills / 2 Ice-Type Moves / 1 Ice-Type Pokemon / Up to 2 Dragon-type Pokemon
Arena: Dragon's Den (Johto)
An Island in the middle of an underground lake. The historic home of dragon Pokemon gives off an aura which boosts the base power of dragon moves by 2. All attacking moves permitted.
Special: All Dragon-type Pokemon will be revived to full health and energy once during the battle, so you may bring 4 minus # of dragon-typed Pokemon, this means all dragon-type Pokemon you're training will count as being in battle twice, resulting the counters they get to be doubled: 2 EC, 4 MC, and 2 DC. Also, only one ice-type Pokemon is allowed in this battle, even though it's an training battle, but counters are increased by 1.5 times, rounded up: 2 EC, 3 MC, 2 DC.
The ref may not be Dogfish44, he brings bad luck to me for some reason.

Looking for a leisurely battle that will occupy my time for a while.

3v3 Evolution-Capable Singles
2 Day Disqualify
∞ Recovers / ∞ Chills
Switching is permitted.

Bring four Pokémon. Once you've used three of them in battle, the remaining Pokémon must sit out for the rest of the match. You don't select which one sits out until the moment you send out your third Pokémon.

Pinnacle Ruins
Sized for - 3 Pokémon per side. (Large)
Water Depth - Shallow (Surf, Muddy Water, and Dive can be used by drawing on the water source. Small Pokémon can submerge themselves, larger Pokémon can simply wade through the water with little difficulty.)
Seismic Activity - Allowed (The arena is sufficiently far from unprotected structures, or is properly insulated against this sort of punishment. Earthquake, Magnitude, Fissure, and Dig are permitted.)

A ruined complex from a bygone age, these crumbling pillars and walls bask in the high-altitute sunlight. The air is fridgid in this altitutes, but the sun alleviates this.

Pinnacle Ruins has the following traits:
  • The long trek up to reach this arena takes its toll on even the hardiest traveler - both players' lead Pokémon (or only Pokémon as the case may be) have one less rank in Attack and Special Attack for the first three rounds of battle.
  • Weather affinity (Sun) and Weather affinity (Hail). The appropriate weathers last an additional two (2) rounds.
  • Seismic attacks, while not forbidden, are hazardous. Each time one is used, the user risks a 10% chance that a nearby pillar or old wall will crumple onto them; dealing damage as a R5 user of non-STAB Rock Slide.
I'm accepting this! Please don't drop it! D:

Switch=OK (Obviously)
No Items
All Abilities

Need a ref.
I can ref this. PM me your teams

Issuing another open challenge
2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries/ 5 Chills

Arena: you can decide

I'm gonna be useing middle-staged mons, so please no FE!

I accept, rewindman! (also dropping seek)
Switch = KO
One Ability
Items On
EDIT: oops, Glacier said you don't have any Ice-type Pokemon!
An Island in the middle of an underground lake. The historic home of dragon Pokemon gives off an aura which boosts the base power of dragon moves by 2. All attacking moves permitted.

i feel like doing a team battle :) those are always fun!

2+2vs2+2 singles (each trainer will have only one pokemon out at a time)
DQ is 1 day for battlers/ 3 days for ref
0 recoveries/5 chills
Arena: the arena will be up to the ref :)

if i remember correctly, the first acceptor says if switch is on or off
second acceptor says if items are allowed
and the final acceptor declares how many abilities can be used (or if abilities are banned)

i hope i get some people interested! :)
I'd almost drop my existing challenge for this, but it would have to be for an earlier level of play. I'll wait and see who's interested.
taking on Glacier Knight's crap, haven't played in a while, switches off NFEs only=on
I'll join Glacier and all abilities
I don't think that anyone agreed to ref this on yet. If they did then they should probably PM the battlers (us), but if not... then I'm bumping this to get a ref.

I'll issue one more open challenge since I'm here
1v1 singles
0 Recoveres/5 Chills
1 day DQ

Arena: an abandoned warehouse. It's filled with nothing but empty boxes, so no external water. Also, because we'd rather not destroy the arena, the use of earthquake is prohibited.

Only send 1 pokemon to the ref, you can use whatever you want

Issuing another open challenge
2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries/ 5 Chills

Arena: you can decide

I'm gonna be useing middle-staged mons, so please no FE!
I accept, rewindman! (also dropping seek)
Switch = KO
One Ability
Items On
EDIT: oops, Glacier said you don't have any Ice-type Pokemon!
I'll take this one two. yay for quick battles! PM the pokemon please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)