Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dogfish44 said:
2 v 2 Singles (I'm Training)
DQ: 1 Week
Restrictions: Unlimited Chills/Recovers, Banning Bide and Non-Damaging sleep moves , Anything my opponent wants banned and I agree with
Arena: Opponents choice - Anything but the Tourney Arena (Look at Glacier's arenas in the Arena Compedium if you're lazy, they're all good)
I'll take this.

Switch = KO
All abilities
Item = off

The usual, really. Arena can be decided by the ref /delegate.

Soooo much to ref, I can't take them all :(
PM me teams

This IS an "I want to train my Magikarp!" battle. Repeat, This IS an "I want to train my Magikarp!" battle. Too bad I'm not using a Magikarp.

1v1 Single battle
1 Day DQ (I want this to go by quickly)
2 Recover / 5 Chill
Arena: Challenger can pick, otherwise standard.

I will be using a NFE, though I don't care what you pick. I just want to train my new 'mon quickly.
I also want to train an NFE, so I'll take you on.

Switch = try it, I dare you
No Items
All Abilities
Challenge time A-GO-GO!

Battle Type: Beginner Battle 2v2 Singles
DQ Time: 3 days
Restrictions: 2 Recovers/5 chills
Music: Aalborg Fantasy Soundtracks - Galactic Time
Arena: The Anomaly
I accept. Switch=yes (i've been wanting to try this for a while), no items, all abilities

Open Challenge! Semi-training battle!
1v1 Singles, 1 Day DQ, 1 Recover, 5 chills!
NFE POKES ONLY!
Arena: Wasabi Desert
Field Type: Ground/Rock
Complexity: Moderate

It's a desert. There are cacti, plenty of soil to dig into and Sunny Day is always in effect. There is a chance that a Sandstorm will occur (40% chance), and when it does, it lasts for a furious 5 Rounds. Water Types do not thrive in these conditions, thus have a 5% chance that their attacks fail (Water type moves, that is). Ice Types are even less suited, so they have a 10% that their attacks fail (Ice type moves, that is). Water and Ice type attacks are nerfed by 1 Damage in this arena as well. Grass and Fire types thrive, so they get a 1 Damage boost to each of their respective attacks (which does not stack). Ground and Rock types receive 1 less Damage (this does not stack) in these conditions.
Cacnea, Cacturne, and Maractus all live in this arena. Each round, there is a chance that one of these Pokemon (10% Cacnea, 5% Maractus, and 3% Cacturne) will use Absorb, Giga Drain, and Mega Drain, respectively on a random pokemon.

EDIT: @Pikapwned, we can totally wait until you get your new poke approved.
Now let's find ourselves a ref!

Looking for a sub-ref for this battle
I'll Subref Gerard

NFE POKES ONLY!

It's a desert. There are cacti, plenty of soil to dig into and Sunny Day is always in effect. There is a chance that a Sandstorm will occur (40% chance), and when it does, it lasts for a furious 5 Rounds. Water Types do not thrive in these conditions, thus have a 5% chance that their attacks fail (Water type moves, that is). Ice Types are even less suited, so they have a 10% that their attacks fail (Ice type moves, that is). Water and Ice type attacks are nerfed by 1 Damage in this arena as well. Grass and Fire types thrive, so they get a 1 Damage boost to each of their respective attacks (which does not stack). Ground and Rock types receive 1 less Damage (this does not stack) in these conditions.
Cacnea, Cacturne, and Maractus all live in this arena. Each round, there is a chance that one of these Pokemon (10% Cacnea, 5% Maractus, and 3% Cacturne) will use Absorb, Giga Drain, and Mega Drain, respectively on a random pokemon.
Accepting
Items -Denied
Switch - pokemon who attempt to eat a +6 Power Swaped Shuckle Rock blast with 5 hits.
1 ability
Hoping to Get a poke Approved before we start but even if we dont I have some Nfe's to use.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I haven't ref'd in a really long time, but Flora's post a little back inspired me to start again. Besides, RC would be nice to have.

So I'll take this to start with:

NFE POKES ONLY!

EDIT: @Pikapwned, we can totally wait until you get your new poke approved.
Now let's find ourselves a ref!
Accepting
Items -Denied
Switch - pokemon who attempt to eat a +6 Power Swaped Shuckle Rock blast with 5 hits.
1 ability
Hoping to Get a poke Approved before we start but even if we dont I have some Nfe's to use.
PM me your teams.

Well, I may as well subref Random vs. Gerard. Don't know if Random can tutor me though since he might have just a little bias for this match. :P

Issuing a super-training extraordinaire open challenge.
LC BRAWL 6 vs 6 Doubles
2 day DQ (players and ref)
0 Recovers / 0 Chills
Arena: Giant Chasm
Just like Giant Chasm from Pokemon BW, it's a rocky chasm with grass growing randomly throughout it. All types of moves are usable except for moves that require an external water source, since there isn't one. Due to Kyurem's presence, the default weather is Hail, but this can be changed with weather-inducing moves and abilities. At the end of every round, there is a 10% chance that Kyurem will appear and use Blizzard on everyone, dealing a flat 15 damage adjusted for effectivity. (e.g., Heatran will take 7 damage [15*4/9, rounded], but Salamence will take 34 (15*2.25, rounded].) Kyurem is kinder to smaller Pokemon than to larger ones, so his Blizzard cannot freeze.

Ok, I'm looking to train some of my weaker mons. So here goes.

6v6 Triples
DQ = 2 Day (3 for ref)
0 Recoveries/0 Chills
All Pokemon must be in their first stage and able to evolve (but no evolving mid-battle).
Arena:
Leethoof said:
The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicous broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.

Dummy, Street Brawls were banned by fiat from Deck sometime in May (this match was the last straw: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3446851). Though I'm not sure about equal matches larger than 6v6, I'm certain that Street Brawls in any form are now banned.
Then the OP should probably be updated to not include Brawls in the "+2 TC" section.

Also, I'm going to change my challenge to 6 vs 6 Doubles. Still in, pimpgangster?

na sorry dummy I thought i was one of those 1v1v1v1 type things.

anyway
Open challenge
1v1 singles
DQ = 2 Day (3 for ref)
0 Recoveries/0 Chills
1st stage only please
Arena: you choose, make it interesting

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Originally Posted by Fat danmantincan
Ok, I'm looking to train some of my weaker mons. So here goes.

6v6 Triples
DQ = 2 Day (3 for ref)
0 Recoveries/0 Chills
All Pokemon must be in their first stage and able to evolve (but no evolving mid-battle).
Arena:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Leethoof
The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicous broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.
Originally Posted by Fat Blazikenmaster-Zeo
I'm going to drop Terrador's challenge, and pick up Dmtc, this sounds like fun
No Items
All abilities
Switching Nah
I'll ref this one because I've reffed this arena before and love it. PM me those big ol' teams!

New Match!

Beginner Battle
3v3
Doubles
DQ: 1 Day (2 for Ref)
Whatever the standard recover/chill rules are
Arena: The Nuclear Missile Silo
Format: All
Arena Type: None
Danger Level: Through the Roof
Restrictions: No weather, no seismic activity or digging, no water source, and use moves of BP over 12, or any electric or fire moves, at your own risk.

Welcome to one of the most secret places in the world, a U.S nuclear missile silo. Because it is so secret, you may only fight in it if you are invited by me (shinyskarmory) or someone else who has fought here before. The silo is a cylinder with a dome atop it. The diameter of the cylinder is 50 feet, and the ceiling is 60 ft up. The nuclear missile is inside the silo and has a diameter of 20 feet and a height of 50 feet.

Here's the catch: If you miss a move of over 12 base power, and it is NOT fire or electric type, then the move has a 50% chance of hitting the missile. The move will punch through the lead coating, causing all mons who set foot on the field to take 5 damage per round for the rest of the battle from radiation. No pokemon are immune under any circumstance, unless they haven't been sent out yet. This catch no longer applies if the missile takes off as in catch 3.

Catch #2: If you miss a fire type move of any BP under 12, it will strike the missile. There is now a (between 5% and 15%, ref discretion) BASE chance that the warhead will explode (if it does, see catch #4). This chance rises 5% times the (BP of the move used divided by 5.) If you get lucky and the warhead does not explode, count yourself lucky and DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!! This catch no longer applies if the missile takes off as in catch 3.

Catch #3: If you miss an electric type move of any BP under 12, you have the same rule as above with the possible warhead explosion. However, you also get a (5 divided by (BP divided by 12))% chance that your move will start the nuke launch countdown. If you start the countdown, all mons on the field will take 20 Fire-Type damage and be instantly burned at the end of the third round after the countdown starts. This is non-Protectable, but pokemon with appropriate abilities may benefit from the launch. After the launch, all moves are useable with no risk, because the missile is launched and is therefore not in the silo anymore.

Catch #4: If you miss a fire or electric move over 12 BP, or you get a bad RNG roll in Catch #2 or #3, the warhead goes off. God be with you.

(translation: battle ends instantly, is a loss for all participants. Participating mons may claim counters normally. The trainer who set off the warhead will not recieve any TC for the battle;other trainer (s) may collect TC normally. The ref may collect RC as normal-after all, it wasn't his fault, it was all on the RNG/guilty trainer/both.)

Any Takers?

1v1 Strongmon
1 Day DQ
1 Recovery/2 Chills
Tournament Arena
I ask that this be an items on match.
Oh yeah, and only send one Pokemon to the ref.

na sorry dummy I thought i was one of those 1v1v1v1 type things.

anyway
Open challenge
1v1 singles
DQ = 2 Day (3 for ref)
0 Recoveries/0 Chills
1st stage only please
Arena: you choose, make it interesting
I'll get this.

Switch=Yao Ming
No Items
One Ability

Arena: Fire Gym Concept

I'll think up some flavor later, but for now I'll give you the short version.

Summary:
20x20 steel platform, 10 ft above a magma pit; falling in deals 10 damage and has a 35% chance of burning the Pokemon (unless it is a Fire-type)
Fire-type moves gain 1 BAP (before calculations)
Water- and Ice-type moves lose 1 BAP (before calculations)
10% chance of a random fire jet hitting one of the Pokemon (counts as a neutral-natured, 3 Sp. Atk Ember without STAB; Pokemon with Flash Fire take no damage but do not get the boost)

All right, forget my previous challenge. This one is going to be faster and more interesting.

Open Challenge

6 vs 6 LC Singles
2 Day DQ for players / 3 day DQ for ref
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills (you probably won't need them)
Arena: Hoenn Battle Arena
[Copied from Bulbapedia, with a few adjustments]
The Battle Arena pits two Pokémon against one another for three rounds. If both Pokémon last all three rounds, they are rated on how they battled in three aspects, and the Pokémon with the higher score wins, and the losing Pokémon leaves battle. If they somehow tie, both Pokémon leave battle, each receiving a KOC. A knockout results in an automatic win for the Pokémon that is still standing. Pokémon are scored on their mind, skill, and body. The Pokémon with the better rating in each category scores two points, while a tie will award one point to each Pokémon.

Mind
judges Pokémon on their offensive style. One point is awarded if an attack that deals damage is chosen for use (except Counter, Mirror Coat, and Bide, which do not award points, and Fake Out, which deducts one point), and one point is deducted if Protect, Detect, or Endure was chosen. All other moves do not award points. The Pokémon with the higher number of points wins the two points in the overall judgment.

Skill judges Pokémon on accuracy. One point is awarded if an attack lands successfully, while two points are deducted if it does not, unless it was caused by Protect, Detect, Endure, or Fake Out, in which no points are deducted. The Pokémon with the higher number of points wins the two points in the overall judgment.

Body judges the amount of HP and energy remaining at the end of the third round compared to their amount at the start of the first. The Pokémon with the better ratio wins the two points in the overall judgment. [Calculated as: (Current HP + Current Energy) / (Starting HP + Starting Energy)]

Due to the fact that it's in-game, all types of moves are allowed and no bonuses will be awarded based on arena effects. The arena may not be used as part of any attack; all events will be conducted normally. Once a round is finished, whether by KO or judging, the winning Pokemon will be returned to its Trainer's Poke Ball with its current HP and Energy intact. (The losing Pokemon, obviously, can no longer battle.) Once all six Pokemon from each side have battled, Trainers will continue to send out Pokemon to battle until one side runs out of Pokemon. (Example: Trainer A owns Pokemon B, C, D, E, F, and G. Trainer H owns Pokemon I, J, K, L, M, and N. In battle, B>I, J>C, D>K, E>L, M>F, and G>N. They send out their Pokemon again: B>M, J>D, J>E, G>J. Trainer A wins 2-0.)

I would prefer Items=Off, but that's up to you. Switch=KO is kind of necessary for this to work, though, so please pick that if you accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)