Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting up 2 idendentical battles.

1v1 training singles
PM the ref one pokemon.
2 day DQ
No chills/No recoveries
NFE mons please
Arena: The Emphasis Arena.

OK, so this is pretty simple. On odd numbered rounds emphasis is put on Non-damaging moves (even indirect damage such as toxic and sandstorm) and even numbered rounds has emphasis on damaging moves (only directly damaging moves).

If you use all three actions on moves that fit the above criteria in that given round then you get a 20 HP bonus at the end of the round. Thee is no penalty if you don't follow th emphasis.
I'll ref one of these when someone accepts it. I'll be tutor reffed though.
BUMP

EDIT: Please turn items on so I can use my lucky egg.

canno

formerly The Reptile

1v1 training singles
PM the ref one pokemon.
2 day DQ
No chills/No recoveries
NFE mons please

OK, so this is pretty simple. On odd numbered rounds emphasis is put on Non-damaging moves (even indirect damage such as toxic and sandstorm) and even numbered rounds has emphasis on damaging moves (only directly damaging moves).

If you use all three actions on moves that fit the above criteria in that given round then you get a 20 HP bonus at the end of the round. Thee is no penalty if you don't follow th emphasis.
Fanal said:
I'll ref one of these when someone accepts it. I'll be tutor reffed though.
I'll take this challenge.

No Switch
All Abilities
Items Enabled

3v3 Triples
3 Day DQ, 4 for Ref
Infinite Chills/No Recoveries
Arena: Unown Soup
The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicous broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.

And I'll issue 2 4v4 Doubles
Infinite Chills and Recoveries
3 Day DQ
Tourny Arena

I'll take 1 of the 4v4 doubles matches!

Switch=OK
Items=Nah
Abilities=1

1v1 training singles
PM the ref one pokemon.
2 day DQ
No chills/No recoveries
NFE mons please

Also I still need 1 more person to make one of these matches!

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Dropping the tag team battle with luc and assorted people. Sorry, but this is taking way too long to set up.

Open challenge
2v2 Doubles, 1 FE and 1 NFE
Training Items on
All abilities

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Issuing an Open Challenge for anyone who want's to accept.

4v4 FE Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: Dimensional Fissure
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Moderate
Format: Multiples

Restrictions: No Restrictions

Description:

The battle takes place next to a massive fissure. Players need to be careful, as if their Pokemon suffers a Critical Hit from a non-auto crit move, they will be sucked into the fissure & will be considered "Removed from play".
While Removed from play, Then Pokemon will not be able to make any actions, nor they can be attacked. At the end of a round after a Pokemon is removed from play, the fissure will spit out the Pokemon, returning them to the arena, but will take 5 Damage upon return. Only one Pokemon can be Removed from play from either side at a time, & if a player only has one Pokemon & it gets dealt a a Critical Hit, it will not be removed from play.

Summary: Big Fissure, don't get sucked inside.

Who wishes to accept this...

2+2 vs 2+2 doubles
Weakmon and/or middlemon
Christmas brawl
DQ: 2 days
5 Recovers/5 chills
Switch= DOOM GOT OF LOL
Abilities: ALL
Arena: Christmas Countdown

Everyone loves Christmas, right? The joy? The suspense? The anxiety of counting the days, the hours, the minutes, the seconds until this fantastic holiday's arrival? Well, now there's an arena for that! In Christmas Countdown, each pokemon starts at level one. At the end of every action, your level increases by one, increasing until 25(Christmas). Once level 25 is reached, the pokemon recieve 50% of their health back, status cured, and 30 energy. However, you don't have to wait forever, you can spend 15 energy on anticipating, increasing their level by 5.

-30x30 colored platform
-each pokemon starts at level 1, and at the end of every action, it increases by 1 at the end of each action
-once lv 25 is reached, the pokemon who reahed it gets 50% of their health back, 30 energy, and their status cured
-each pokemon cannot advance above lv 25
-each pokemon can spend an action and 15 energy anticipating, increasing their levels by 5
-all moves allowed
any Christmas song reference adds 1 to your level, able to get 3 boosts this way per round.

Signups:
Team 1:
-
-
Team 2:
-The Reptile
-
Reposting this due to Dummy007's failure to send a team and lucarioisawesome and Orcinus Duo dropping out due to it taking too long to start

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Two challenges of this kind:

3v3 FE Triples [Training]
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
ASB Arena

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Alch, it seems that I have a slot that has just opened up. I'll take you if you'll have me again.

Items, Abilities and Switches.

Dropping the tag team battle with luc and assorted people. Sorry, but this is taking way too long to set up.

Open challenge
2v2 Doubles, 1 FE and 1 NFE
Training Items on
All abilities
I'll take this!

(Specifying things you forgot, too)

Switch= a Sheer Cold to the face
DQ: 36 hours (3 days for the ref) (No DQs between the 22nd and 27th)
Arena: Realgam Colosseum

An open-air ASB substitute, with hundreds of cheering fans that cause each pokemon to take damage from a 2 Base SpA Uproar at the end of each round.

Need a Ref!

All right, it's time for a TEAM FORTRESS 2 TEAM TRIPLES BATTLE!
I will not be participating; instead, I will be refereeing.
Format: 3+3+3v3+3+3 Triples
DQ: 3 days, 1 week for referee starting New Year's Day
Three players will be RED; the other three, BLU. RED, once it has been formed, will be able to select
- Move restrictions (recoveries/chills, namely)
- Strength of Pokemon (I'd highly recommend anyone who takes this match to have Pokemon of varying power; however, Midmons is a banned category, due to the relative lack of them)
- Arena

BLU, on the other hand, will be able to select
- Switching: OK or KO
- Positioning: On or Off
- Items: On, Off, or Training
- Abilities allowed

I'd like to note that I will have fiat power over all of this if I think it's unreasonable; biased arenas, stupid move restrictions, so forth.

Now, I bet you're wondering why this is a TF2 Team Triples. Well, the answer is that each Pokemon in the battle will embody the spirit of a TF2 cast member - one of each cast member will be present on each team. The abilities are as followed.

Scout: The Pokemon is treated as having a permanent 250% Speed; this new number is used to calculate a new accuracy/dodge boost, even if the Pokemon doesn't have a +Speed nature. In addition, all of the Pokemon's attacks have +3 BAP (applied after Technician and so forth).

Soldier: The Pokemon deals splash damage with all of its attacks, calculated with 1/4 of the normal BAP. In addition, the Pokemon gets a +1 to all stats upon reaching 50% HP, and another +1 to all stats at 25%.

Pyro: The Pokemon has a 100% chance of burning the opponent with any Special attack. In addition, the Pokemon's physical attacks do Super Effective damage against any burned Pokemon (note: this is applied to the original modifier. ex. 2.25x resist becomes 1.5x resist, immunities remain, and 2.25x SE becomes 3.375x SE).

Demoman: The Pokemon gains +1 to all of its stats upon KOing another Pokemon; this stacks with multiple KOs. In addition, the Pokemon can use entry hazards for half of their normal EN cost, even if they are not in the Pokemon's movepool.

Heavy: The Pokemon has an additional 40% HP. However, the Pokemon's Spe is reduced to 75% of its original value in any action in which the Pokemon uses an attacking move.

Engineer: The Pokemon can use Substitute for half of its normal energy cost, even if the move is not in the Pokemon's movepool. In addition, the Pokemon's Substitutes have Energy equal to their HP, and can use any move that its creator knows (note: the Substitute cannot use Substitute). The Substitute is considered a fourth Pokemon, identical to the first, for the purposes of substitutions, but orders are still given in the thread (and not by PM).

Medic: This Pokemon projects a healing aura that heals its teammates for 3 HP per action, and itself for 2 HP per action. In addition, this Pokemon may use Heal Pulse for half of its Energy Cost, even if the move is not in the Pokemon's movepool.

Sniper: The Pokemon's Critical Hits are treated as adding a Super Effective multiplier in addition to their normal effects. In addition, this Pokemon's physical hits have a 50% chance of covering the opponent in Jarate for 6 Actions, increasing the Pokemon's chance of being Critically Hit by two stages.

Spy: The Pokemon is treated as if it had the ability Illusion in addition to its other abilities. In addition, the Pokemon's physical attacks have their Critical Hit stage boosted by two.

These abilities are declared on sendout, and must be decided on amongst the team (read: sent to me/confirmed pre-battle). Finally, IRC IS ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY. If I haven't seen you on IRC several times before, you cannot play; in addition, you risk DQ if it's clear that you're not communicating well with your teammates (I require IRC to facilitate this!). This is about playing as a team - I expect good teamwork here, fellows.

RED
1. Dummy007 Leethoof
2. Texas Cloverleaf
3. Glacier Knight

BLU
1. Tortferngatr
2. Ragnarokalex
3. MrcRanger97

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Challenging Dogfish44
2v2 Doubles
2-Day DQ
Infinite recoveries/chills
Arena: Hyperbolic Time Chamber
That's right, the hyperbolic time chamber of Dragon Ball Z fame. Here, Gravity is always in effect. A la Subway, the strange environment allows for the success of all moves like Dive, Earthquake, etc. In addition, the weather cannot be manipulated; it instead fluctuates between two weathers: Extreme Heat (about 45 degrees Celsius), which gives a +3 boost to the BAP of Fire-Type moves and deals 1 damage for every 10 Energy a Pokemon uses during the round, and Bone-Chilling Cold (about -20 degrees Celsius), which gives a +3 boost to the BAP of Water- and Ice-Type moves and has a 20% chance of inflicting Freeze on Pokemon that use less than 6 Energy in a given action. Pokemon with extraordinarily weak constitutions (ex. Ditto, Grimer) cannot battle here, as they will collapse under the intense gravity.

E: Taking a leaf from Dogfish44's book, and posting these two mons, as they shall be post-evolution.

Hydreigon (Apocalypse) (F)
Nature: Hasty (+Spe, -Def, +15 Acc/Dodge)
Type:
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Abilities:
Levitate: (Trait) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a flying type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 5
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 113 (+)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 5
BST: 22

EC: 8=>9/9
MC: 0

Attacks:
Tackle
Dragon Rage
Focus Energy
Bite
Headbutt
DragonBreath
Roar
Crunch
Dragon Pulse
Dragon Rush
Outrage
Double Hit
Tri Attack

Dark Pulse
Earth Power
Thunder Fang

Taunt
Torment
Substitute

Total: 19

Kingdra (Atlanta) (F)
Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spe, -10 Eva/Dodge)
Type: Water/Dragon: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Abilities:
Sniper: (Innate) This Pokemon has deadly accuracy and strikes sensitive points, increasing its critical hit bonus from +3 to +5 on single attacks, +2 to +3 on two-hit attacks, and +1 to +2 on multi-hit attacks.
Swift Swim: (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its Speed in the rain.
Damp (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 73 (-)
Weight Class: 5
BST: 18

EC: 8=>9/9
DC: 4/5

Attacks:
Yawn
Bubble
SmokeScreen
Leer
Water Gun
Focus Energy
BubbleBeam
Agility
Brine
Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse
Dragon Dance

Signal Beam
Disable
Muddy Water

Bounce

Rain Dance
Ice Beam
Substitute
Bide
Surf

Total: 21
Sure, let's see what you've got.

Items: On
Switch: KO
Abilities: All

E: Whoever refs this, here's my team, in case I've logged off. Terrador's already told me his team (Hydreigon and Kingdra), and I don't think he'll change it.

Emolga [Boltair] (Female) (*)
Nature: Mild (+1 Sp.Atk ; -1 Def)

Type:
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 103
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 16

Abilities:
Static (Innate): This Pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this Pokemon.
Motor Drive (DW) (Innate): This Pokemon nullifies any electrical attack damage and converts the energy from any electrical attack (inc. Thunder Wave) into an energy source that allows it to boost its speed by one (1) level. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

EC: N/A
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
ThunderShock (*)
Quick Attack (*)
Tail Whip (*)
Charge (*)
Spark (*)
Pursuit (*)
Double Team (*)
Shock Wave (*)
Light Screen
Agility
Electro Ball
Encore
Volt Switch
Discharge

Air Slash (*)
Iron Tail (*)
Roost (*)
Tickle
Shock Wave
Baton Pass
Astonish
Covet

Toxic (*)
Thunderbolt (*)
Acrobatics (*)
U-Turn
Flash
Substitute
Thunder Wave
Charge Beam
Protect
Taunt
Hidden Power (Grass)
Thunder
Rain Dance
Frustration
Aerial Ace
Rest
Swagger
Wild Charge

Total Moves: 40

Wanted: Charm (Egg) ; Facade (TM) ; Attract (TM) ; Round (TM) ; Fling (TM) ; Cut (HM)

Manectric [Sparky] (Male)
Nature: Modest (+1 Sp.Atk -1 Atk)

Type:
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.

Atk: Rank 2 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 105
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 18

EC: 6/6
DC: 5/5

Abilities:
Static (Innate): This Pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this Pokemon.
LightningRod (Innate): These Pokemon naturally attract electricity to themselves and away from partners in double battles. When struck with an Electric attack, they tranfer the energy into their body, using it to increase their Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Minus (DW) (Innate): This Pokemon possesses a negative electrical charge, when a Pokemon with Plus is on the field, this Pokemon’s special attacks increase their base damage by two (2). If this Pokemon also has Plus, the damage does not stack.

Attacks:
Tackle
Thunder Wave
Leer
Howl
Quick Attack
Spark
Odor Sleuth
Roar
Charge
Thunder

Ice Fang
Crunch
Discharge
Fire Fang

Flamethrower
Volt Change
Hidden Power (Grass)
Thunderbolt
Protect
Substitute
Double Team
Toxic
Light Screen
Snarl
Endure

Magnet Rise
Signal Beam
Mud-Slap

Total Moves: 28
Bumpity doo dah~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)