NOC Medieval Mafia - Game Over: Majora's Maskians Win

And it is definitely my overreacting that made up these accusations.

Is there something about pointless, unexplained one-liners being contributory and definitely not anti-town that I'm missing here?

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
Right now, I do think that Quagsires is our best current lynch target. I haven't really been paying much attention as I should have to all players, though it's the only lynch wagon so far that makes sense. I mean, the reason I stopped interrogating Leethoof is because I deteremined he was a dumb village based on what he said. So with that and the other reasons I gave earlier on, I feel Quagsires is the best lynch. If we were lynching him for the paperblade thing only I'd be opposed to it, but the restricting of village knowledge suggestion without reason just makes me feel like he's trying to fuck up the village. Even in the worst case scenario of him being town, we still get a lot of info.

Crux

Banned deucer.
And it is definitely my overreacting that made up these accusations.

No it is you overreacting that gives weight to my accusations which were pretty much BS but now have some basis!!!

Is there something about pointless, unexplained one-liners being contributory and definitely not anti-town that I'm missing here?

You seem to be missing quite a lot.

I was referring to my accusations.

Seeing as they are genuine regardless of my possible overreaction or not (seeing as this is subjective), you have no right to discredit them by calling me over-reactive.

And since I'm such a retarded townie and need guidance, why don't you show me what I'm missing and how?

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Because he hasn't done jack this game that looked relevant so I forgot about him.
lmao true story.

I don't quite know what to make of him, I need to do these last 100 or so posts b/c most of his earlier crap is relatively useless for seeing individuals he focuses on. I don't think he's scum, just a disinterested villager. Maybe he is. rly too tired to form a strong opinion on what little I remember of him.

I will post conclusive thoughts tomorrow on the relevant users. In the meantime, remember that UncleSam is for sure scum. Interesting that now he and Brammi are having a big rift and argument, right after I said I felt that if one flipped mafia it was likely the other would as well.

Trying to distance yourselves, eh boys?
Can't really post much now, but Yeti it would really be nice if you would stop trolling. Or is this not a troll and you just normally say things like this without any reasoning to back it up? I mean you have literally been saying "lol US is scum" the ENTIRE GAME with no reasoning to back it up and when I call you out on what an impossible standard you have for me all you say is "ya he is sure scum"...

And in case you didn't notice Brammi was the one who made the initial retarded post that I called him out on, I really don't see how I can get blamed for that (or any of the retarded things he has done this game).

In other news, Brammi when three different users tell you your posts are just straight retarded, maybe it's for a reason? I am done dealing with your troll posts.

brammi I understand that you might know what you are doing, have probably played many NOC games before etc etc but honestly acting like an elitist prick in every single one of your fucking posts is getting you nowhere v_v

please present your arguments in a way that is less likely to incite people into raging at you.

brammi I understand that you might know what you are doing, have probably played many NOC games before etc etc but honestly acting like an elitist prick in every single one of your fucking posts is getting you nowhere v_v

please present your arguments in a way that is less likely to incite people into raging at you.
US is rubbing off on me, and yeah I know I'm being a little bit of a dick, but I was mad.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to formally ask that EVERYONE WHO HAS NOT VOTED, EXPLAIN WHY YOU HAVE NOT VOTED, THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU SHOULD VOTE, JUST EXPLAIN WHY
and by everyone i mean everyone, if someone applicable doesn't respond to this, then I am fucking lynching them next day for being an unhelpful peace of shit.

NOTE: DO NOT LYNCH, WE DONT WANT TO HAMMER QUAGSIRES, OR PUT HIM IN RISK OF IT. JUST EXPLAIN WHY YOU DIDNT VOTE.
I didn't vote because I've been busy as fuck recently and haven't had time to sift through 17 pages of tl;dr. Will get done with it tonight.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Ok fuck this sub me out.

I am getting behind on schoolwork and can't be assed to argue with trolls and retards, especially ones with such a pompous attitude.

Good luck Kingdom I put in an honest effort. I'd recommend lynching Quagsires or Brammi since I doubt either of them will contribute anything, but honestly I just do not care about this game anymore and am not going to waste my time.

It's been a long day, but at least nothing has happened.

Quags posted, it was relatively average and he did not reveal any suspicions about anyone notable. It seems an easy defence to try and direct blame at those who have not posted, I'd still like your suspicions about a few users who have not posted a terrible lot: Yeti, Zorbees, Kok, and Staraptor Call.

Unclesam your posts are starting to weaken. You only noted that the mafia should not have used their persuade on night 0 after I pointed it out, then you noted that you would never have done such a thing, quoting an unrelated game. You're basically asking to be inspected, which is never a good thing. I don't believe that you're a good lynch target for the same reason I don't believe you're a good inspect target: you're one of the few people who will reveal his own alliance (villy or mafia) without any extra help, if given enough time.

Your rhetorical questions in response to Staraptor Call and Yeti pose an extremely weak defence.
Instead I have pretty much guaranteed that I am either going to lead a lynch on a mafia or get inspected night 1/night 2 at the latest.

I would also point out the following in the rules:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Rules
10. All inspections on the mafia group (whose name be revealed when the game begins) will be 100% accurate.

Obviously if I were mafia I am not going to want to be inspected.
I have no words to describe how bad this part is. You are basically crying out to the world that you want to be inspected, because obviously a mafia would not want to be inspected. Obviously. Unless of course they had a watcher or some other role that could discern the inspector from such an inspect. If you are not mafia, why is it so vital that YOU are inspected. You want us to waste a whole day just so that you can prove to the world that you are clean? This, more than any argument I have read against you, leads me to believe you're mafia.

The inspector should concentrate on people in the middle of the activity list, who are either not posting or who have posted a lot. People that I'm listing in most of my posts, people that fit the same critieria, or your own highest suspicions. Do not get baited by Unclesam or any other into inspecting who they want you to inspect. There are at least 10 users that fit my critieria, choose whoever.

As I pointed out, and Unclesam agreed with, under no conditions should the mafia have used their persuade night 0. Most mafia would realise this so I believe we have a village persuader. Using the persuader on Unclesam is an unsurprising move for any persuader, as an Unclesam vote is likely to provide interesting discussion no matter what. A persuader showing up lategame is such a powerful tool that I would doubt any reasonable mafia would demonstrate it early for any reason. However, if we have a village persuader then having a mafia watcher is certainly not out of the question.

I encourage you all to not waste any more time on Brammi, as memory serves he did the exact same thing in the previous NOC and was a highly suspected lynch target. Until the mafia killed him. It's clear that he's played different mafias and possibly to some success, but his only error in this game is he is not communicating at all. It's good that he's posting a lot, but we aren't going to get any good reads out of him until he starts explaining himself.

I reiterate Stararptor Call and Ditto as highly suspect people, now my most suspect because Quagsires finally posted. His 373 and as snike noted, Ditto's 277 and 289 seem extremely artificial, either intentionally trying to get the village to rush the lynch, or he's just very, very bored. Staraptor's posts have just been more of the same, asking about very obvious details whenever certain users are brought up, and claiming that the silent users are again the ones we should be concentrating on.

The only users that I believe are being unusually quiet are KingofKongs, Quagsires, and looking at post numbers, Paperblade. Yes I would love if some of the other users posted more, and I will push them to do so as the game goes on, but that is not my concern at the moment.

Lastly: grouping/buddying. I don't think you guys understand what it entails. A mafia isn't going to be stupid enough to buddy their teammates day 1. If the mafia are able to talk during the day (I don't know if it has been said) then they would obviously tell each other to cut it out. If they can not, it would probably have been made clear night 0. If two people are 'buddying,' it is means up to one of them is village. If they are unwilling to vote a user or attempt to direct the lynch away from them, it's a different story.

Maybe if I had made this post earlier sam would have paid less attention to Brammi.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Of course I am bored. It's been over 400 posts and we still are on D1, which is basically completely pointless in my honest opinion. Until someone gets lynched so we can compare, I don't think we have much substance in discussion.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
PREFACE: THIS POST WILL MENTION ALMOST EVERY USER IN THE GAME AND MY OPINIONS ON THEM

I'm sort of afraid to do this, because I don't want to be seen as buddying Quagsires here, but I am going to @@Vote Metal Bagon@@. He has been incredibly inactive, and his posts have been lacking in quality content. He's been on smogon as recent as about 8 hours ago, yet hasn't posted in the thread in over three days. I think putting some pressure on him may be beneficial, especially since, as we saw in returning to our roots mafia, he tends to only respond to people pressuring him. I am sort of afraid of doing this because he might just be noob town, but there isn't really a way to tell between noob town and noob mafia if he never posts.

Note that I still believe Quagsires is likely to be scum.

Wickdaggler also is on my radar, he's been using his inexperience to avoid posting any opinions of note and has pretty much opposed every lynch proposed. In his second post in the thread, he stated that day one lynching is pretty much a crapshoot, but he hasn't even tried to help. Again, it could be due to inexperience, but he needs to do some explaining in my opinion.

Kaxtar should probably be more active, but at least his few posts indicate he is trying to help.

TalkingLion worries me as well; a few people had voted him earlier for whatever reason, and now I don't think there are any votes on him, despite his posts lacking in both quality and quantity. However, he subbed out, and his sub has not yet posted I think, so I am not sure what to believe.

Rediamond needs to post more as well, but again, it seems like he tried to help when he has posted.

Staraptor Call, for someone accused to be scummy a little bit, has not defended himself once, and only has 7 posts in the thread. He could be a bit more active, but I haven't gotten the impression that he has been too helpful.

Empoof should post more as well. I remember there was some suspicion on nEsp before he subbed out, but that has not been brought back up since Empoof has been in the game. It is hard to read Empoof when he only has a few posts.

Crux is incredibly suspcious in my opinion. He has made very few reads, and the ones he has made have been rehashes of other people's reads. He has been generally unhelpful and has shown to be active. I would vote him but I don't think pressuring him will do any good.

MK Ultra has been pretty useless. He tried to distance himself from Crux when Crux buddied him, which is pretty much the only thing of note he has done. Since I think Crux is mafia, I am guessing MK Ultra is just disinterested town. However, some more posts would be very useful.

Ditto hasn't been too extremely helpful, but he has been contributing some. I would enjoy another post similar to post #212, but updated.

Yeti has trolled quite a bit, but I believe she is trying to help in her own way. Her spreadsheet analysis which has yet to be posted could be quite helpful, so I'm willing to give her a pass for a little bit so she can work on updating and posting it.

Paperblade has contributed a decent amount but should post more, I feel as if he is trying to play the "victim of Quagsires" card to prove himself clean. Not much else to say about him.

Jalmont has only 5 posts in the thread but he seems to try to help when he posts. I also don't really see where Jalmont buddied Quagsires, except for one post that didn't really mention him. I think UncleSam blew that out of proportion a bit. I'd like to see a suspects list though.

Kingofkongs i feel is an under the radar villager. he has surprisingly few posts, yet they seem to be mostly helpful. He also was very early on the Quagsires lynch. Posting more could help, but I feel like he's doing a decent job.

I think my opinions on everyone else are decently well-known. I believe Brammi is an idiot but likely town if Quags is mafia. I believe Leethoof is noob town. I believe UncleSam, askaninjask, billymills, and Blue Tornado are most likely village, in order from most likely to least likely (although they are all very likely village imo). I think it'd be kind of unfair if we were all town though. Snike is a bit of a mystery to me, if I was inspector I would probably hit either Snike or an inactive. I lean towards the town side but I'm honestly not quite sure. Detroitlolcat should post something too.

Also I'm town guys trust me

EDIT: Walrein, can you try to keep the OP updated with sub info

EDIT2: unvoted

Quags posted, it was relatively average and he did not reveal any suspicions about anyone notable. It seems an easy defence to try and direct blame at those who have not posted, I'd still like your suspicions about a few users who have not posted a terrible lot: Yeti, Zorbees, Kok, and Staraptor Call.
I reiterate Stararptor Call and Ditto as highly suspect people, now my most suspect because Quagsires finally posted.
You claim to not be impressed by his defense but your scum read on him weakens anyway. Elaborate please?
If two people are 'buddying,' it is means up to one of them is village.
And the scumteam could easily buddy eachother on purpose if they know people are using this kind of logic. Not to mention, there's a possibility that you're saying this just to cover for your scumbuddies from earlier in the thread.

I too feel like this day won't go anywhere if we keep dragging it on. Not that it's too long, but the fact that most of the playerbase is uncooperative and not scumhunting is kind of detrimental here, to say the least. I also share the opinion that we should go for people who do not seem town or contributing but hold a good number of connections to other people. Will have to reread, maybe tomorrow, in order to reach this decision.

Will read zorbees' post now.

I'm sort of afraid to do this, because I don't want to be seen as buddying Quagsires here, but I am going to @@Vote Metal Bagon@@. He has been incredibly inactive, and his posts have been lacking in quality content. He's been on smogon as recent as about 8 hours ago, yet hasn't posted in the thread in over three days. I think putting some pressure on him may be beneficial, especially since, as we saw in returning to our roots mafia, he tends to only respond to people pressuring him. I am sort of afraid of doing this because he might just be noob town, but there isn't really a way to tell between noob town and noob mafia if he never posts.
Why the hesitation here? It's almost never a good idea to pursue a vote you're not committed to. Which is what you seem to be doing right now. Which looks bad.
Note that I still believe Quagsires is likely to be scum.
This is bad for similar reasons. You switched votes to someone you do not feel sure in lynching yet still think Quagsires is likely to be scum. In this case, your vote would usually be on the guy you think is scum. There are other ways of prodding users, so that doesn't cut in as a defense for your switch.
Crux is incredibly suspcious in my opinion. He has made very few reads, and the ones he has made have been rehashes of other people's reads. He has been generally unhelpful and has shown to be active. I would vote him but I don't think pressuring him will do any good.
MK Ultra has been pretty useless. He tried to distance himself from Crux when Crux buddied him, which is pretty much the only thing of note he has done. Since I think Crux is mafia, I am guessing MK Ultra is just disinterested town. However, some more posts would be very useful.
You think Crux is mafia, and from what I can tell, there's nothing stopping you from casting a vote on him, yet you don't because "pressing him won't do much". On the other hand, you don't think Metal Bagon is mafia but press him because, in your opinion, it will bring to something. See a problem here? It is pretty late in the day and you should be voting for who you think is scum, not who you think should be prodded. Like I said earlier, you can prod people in alternative methods. You can't kill scum without lynching them.

You claim to not be impressed by his defense but your scum read on him weakens anyway. Elaborate please?
I have reinforced scum-reads on Staraptor Call and Ditto, and a new read on Unclesam who has now effectively promised to stop posting as much. Also if you'll look back I often qualified my vote on Quagsires as a push for activity and to get others opinions on the vote, not to have him lynched.

And the scumteam could easily buddy eachother on purpose if they know people are using this kind of logic. Not to mention, there's a possibility that you're saying this just to cover for your scumbuddies from earlier in the thread.

I too feel like this day won't go anywhere if we keep dragging it on. Not that it's too long, but the fact that most of the playerbase is uncooperative and not scumhunting is kind of detrimental here, to say the least. I also share the opinion that we should go for people who do not seem town or contributing but hold a good number of connections to other people. Will have to reread, maybe tomorrow, in order to reach this decision.

Will read zorbees' post now.
No one is using that logic, so there is no reason for the mafia to inadvertently use it. I could be covering for scumbuddies, but then I wouldn't have clarified proper logic. I think Unclesam's subbing out provides the perfect lynch target because he will no longer be contributing considerably, he has a major blunder that I pointed out in my last major post, and nearly everyone has submitted an opinion on Unclesam at the very least.

We should not lynch Quagsires simply because he has the most votes at the moment and we are getting tired. I would like people, especially those listed, to give suspicions on: Quagsires, Staraptor Call, Ditto, and Unclesam. Which out of those four do you believe is most suspicious and in which order would you list them.

My list, at the moment, would be Unclesam, Staraptor Call, Ditto, Quagsires.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
fyi i am still up to post 300, incoming cold warranted i give up making my eyes bleed skimming hundreds of posts and sleep for a long while.

i will post my final conclusions soon.

in the meantime, i would like user: cereza's thoughts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)