Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Terrador: You get Geico the Tangela

As Tangela (and its evolution) may or may not have been based off of cavemen, this Tangela represents those aspects. Catch the first Tangela you see. As a Tangela, it knows it is lacking in the brain cell department, and that is why it cannot use extremely advanced moves. As such, the strongest move it can have is Mega Drain. It also doesnt undestand the concepts of Poison and Paralysis, so Stus Spore and Poison Powder cannot be used/learned. It does however, understand sleep. So teach it Sleep Powder. But there is a catch. Tangela has a birth defect, and can only use Sleep Powder once per battle (and if it misses to bad, hope you werent relying on it.) Cavemen love rocks, so teach Geico Rock Smash. Last, cavemen did understand some basic concepts, such as trapping, so it must learn Bind. You must use Tangela to Solo Sabrina, Loreli, and Giovanni's gym, defeat Bruno's Hitmon-twins, and your rivals starter pokemon in every battle after you catch Tangela (i.e. Venasaur).

P.S. Tangela is found in the grassy patch on route 21, so you need to beat Koga first, then catch Geico, then fight Sabrina.

Overview:
-Catch First Tangela you see, name it Geico
-Cannot Learn/Use Stun Spore and Poison Powder
-Can Learn Sleep Powder, but can only be used once per battle
-Teach it Rock Smash & Bind
-Most Powerful move it can ever use is Giga Drain
-Must Solo Sabrina, Loreli, Giovianni's Gym + Giovanni, Bruno's Hitmon-twins, and your rivals starter everytime you vs. him after capturing Geico

good luck ;P

Alright, I know you lot have been waiting on me so here we go... my next scramble will be a Pokemon Colosseum Scramble! This obviously means no trading (at least not until the post game, if I recall correctly. I actually DO have a GBA-GC link cable). Further rules:

-Pick whatever difficulty you want, I'm curious to see how easy or how hard you'll go on me
-6 Pokemon total
-It's fine to give me a challenge I'll have to likely grind for, but please no requirements like "clear the battle square in Pyrite Town (that's what it's called right? been a long time since I played this) 30 times" or something else equally pointless and tedious. If you're going to make me solo a number of things, at least make it interesting or challenging.
-Reservations last for an hour before becoming null and void. Think of them as temporary place holders instead of long term reservations.
-No killing off Pokemon. I already know how well I take to Nuzlockes...
-No other rules, as I want to leave as much room for creativity as possible. However I reserve the right to reject challenges that are stupid (if you know me though, you know it'll have to be something really ridiculous for me to reject it).

Terrador, you get Unloved the Zubat.
Unloved is very angry that no trainer has ever even taken a shot a catching him. In order to get revenge on all the trainers that passed by him, he must confuse at least 1 of their Pokemon per battle that he is participating in. To evolve he must confuse 10 Pokemon. He also is a fierce competitor and wants to show that he is the top Poison Pokemon, and therefore must solo Koga. After he defeats Koga, he must replace Supersonic/Confuse Ray with Toxic and he must use it at least once per battle that he is participating in. Have fun and good luck.

By the way, Team Magma Boss Maxie, can Loser use STAB moves once he evolves? I was a little unclear on that part. If you don't respond I'll just assume that he cannot.

Jimera0, Take Mario the ________

That is right, you choose your mon.

Please note that your mon must come from area 1!!

You have Mario's standard 5 lives. If it faints, it loses a life.

You get some defenses though via powerups:

- Standard Mushroom (Solo a mon who has a type advantage): you gain 1 Faint counter (max of 2). Faint counters allow you to faint once without losing a life.
- Star (Solo a boss mon): allows you to evolve if you are able. If you are unable, then it gets immortality in this battle and the next 2.
- Mega Mushroom (Survive a Supereffective attack and go from green-red HP): may now use moves with over 100 BP (this includes STAB).
- Micro Mushroom (OHKO a mon without a SE move): you are now allowed to use Non-damaging moves.
- Fire Flower (2KO 5 Fire types without STAB): may use moves with added effects up to 70BP.
- Squirrel Suit (Collect 10 feathers by OHKOing 10 birds): you may now be allowed to switch out in battle.

Please Take note that these restrictions DO stack.

If you happen to lose all of your lives, rename your mon Boo and now you must only have one Non-STAB offensive move and three non-attacking moves. You cannot attack a mon with green HP.

Good luck :)

Alright, I know you lot have been waiting on me so here we go... my next scramble will be a Pokemon Colosseum Scramble! This obviously means no trading (at least not until the post game, if I recall correctly. I actually DO have a GBA-GC link cable). Further rules:

-Pick whatever difficulty you want, I'm curious to see how easy or how hard you'll go on me
-6 Pokemon total
-It's fine to give me a challenge I'll have to likely grind for, but please no requirements like "clear the battle square in Pyrite Town (that's what it's called right? been a long time since I played this) 30 times" or something else equally pointless and tedious. If you're going to make me solo a number of things, at least make it interesting or challenging.
-Reservations last for an hour before becoming null and void. Think of them as temporary place holders instead of long term reservations.
-No killing off Pokemon. I already know how well I take to Nuzlockes...
-No other rules, as I want to leave as much room for creativity as possible. However I reserve the right to reject challenges that are stupid (if you know me though, you know it'll have to be something really ridiculous for me to reject it).
Here's a pretty simple challenge, then. Take an Umbreon. (How fortunate, looks like you start with him!) Your Umbreon's a bit of a Kleptomaniac, it seems; he starts off every battle by using Snatch (don't ever replace it!), and refuses to use any direct damage dealing moves each battle until he's managed to Snatch at least one move from the enemy.

Reserving for Jimera. Will edit in a few.

EDIT: Jimera, take Voice the ___________. Voice must be caught at Phenac City. Now depending upon your choice of 4 pokemon, the restrictions continue from there. Choose one, and open its hide tag.

Makuhita
Voice is an eccentric Makuhita, and such must learn and keep 2 special moves, and be RNG'd a TM (if you get them, since I've never played Coluseeum) for his third move. The move in place of the TM move before you get it can never be used.

Bayleef
Voice wants to embrace the essential grass type physique, and such must learn 2 status moves, and be RNG'd a TM with less than 60 BP(again, if you get them) for his third move. The move in place of the TM before you get it can never be used.

Quilava
Voice, as a Quilava whose fire is running low, cannot use a STAB attack until you defeat 5 bosses since his capture. Also, he cannot ever use a STAB move with more than 60 BP, and must learn one move of each generic type (special, physical, status).

Croconaw
Voice, as a Croconaw, is very gentle most of the time, and such can only have 1 move over 70 BP, and can only use SE moves 5 times per battle.

Now, with that done, make your song choice for your audition (I'll give you the links to some of my favorite songs, and choose one to open the hide tag for:

It's Not My Time:
Voice is super afraid of the world, but wants to overcome it. So, have him solo 3 boss pokemon, and while doing so, faint once. Also, he refuses to ever give up, so he can never switch out.

Photograph:
Voice loves a good photo, so try to take pictures of his KO's if you can. Otherwise, he loves to remember the past, so the first 5 pokemon he battles, he must solo all of their evolution lines when you encounter them.

Crawling:
Voice is crawling towards the top, and so must faint 5 times in one area, then 4 the next, 3 the next, 2 the next, 1 the next, and then cannot faint. If he ever does, solo 50 pokemon with SE STABS, and choose another set of song restrictions to follow.

Wave Your Flag:
Voice loves his teammates, and such cannot KO more than 2 pokemon per battle. Also, in any battle Voice participates in, one other pokemon, his "partner of sorts" must participate. (solos are an exception)

Whichever song you choose, great job! All the judges turned around for you! Now, you must choose a judge. Open only that hide tag(for your restrictions):

Adam
Adam is quite like a buisnessman, but is quite the rocker, so Voice must take one status move before he can attack directly. Still, with Adam Voice wants to be a rockstar, so he must rock out and solo 2 more boss pokemon.

Cee-Lo
Cee-Lo is a cool pop artist, so Voice must use a status move before he can attack, and must solo half of the PreGymLeader's team.

Cristina
Christina is a social person with GREAT vocals, so Voice must always be part of a battle at least 2 other team members of yours participate in, and can never faint. If he does, pick another coach.

Blake
Blake is a loudmouth country guy, so Voice must use his most powerful attack first, but to show that country is the best, must solo 5 boss pokemon and a Coloseeum once.

No matter what you choose, Voice must solo a Coloseeum once, and after every KO, you must say/write/sing "My voice is so _______"

Have fun, and good luck!

Because I have so much schoolwork lately, I'm giving you this set.

Jimera, take a Slugma and name it DR.PROTECT.
This Slugma is a national protector of Fire-types, and gets tired of it.
So, it must use Yawn against all fire types that it sees. That also means Slugma must switch in against all fire types to use Yawn.
After evolution, it thinks it has the effects of Shell Smash on, so it has to set up Reflect and Light Screen when it comes in , instead of Yawn. But it must keep Yawn.
After Reflect and Light Screen have been used 5 times in total, it thinks protecting isn't boring anymore, and can forget Yawn and not have to come in against all fire types.
It also has to have 1 attacking move at all times.
Have fun!

Looking to do a Crystal version challenge, cannot trade, difficulty: not insanely hard. Would like a starter.

All I ask is that my Pokemon reference Homestuck in some way. Haven't read it? give it a look here It's very entertaining, though I will warn you right now that it contains some profanity and sexual references. A lot of profanity, actually. lol

TEAM ADORABLOODTHIRSTY-

Go ahead and catch a Stantler on Route 38 (but they're Night-only, so beware!) and name him Sawbuck.

Because of how Sawbuck in HS was incapacitated (via sleeper hold) your Sawbuck must always know Hypnosis. And, because Sawbuck was a rather large fellow, he must replicate this by learning and keeping Stomp. The other moves are up to you!

To represent Sawbuck's position as number 10, you must use your Stantler to solo 10 Team Rocket members at any point in your game, be it at Mahogany or at the Radio Tower or whatever you like.

Additionally, because Sawbuck was impaled by a lance, you may not use him during the Champion battle against Lance.

Once you arrive in Kanto, Sawbuck should defeat Erika because deer like to eat vegetation.

Take Vriska the Spinarak. Vriska is just like the Vriska of Homestuck, or so she likes to think. She uses her Vision 8fold like, all the time! Except it has a tenancy to just scare the shit out of people instead of helping them... Well in any case use your Vision 8fold (Scary Face) against every opponent you encounter before you attack it. She also is the Theif of Light, so have her learn Theif ASAP to reflect this. She also has mind control powers of course, and this must be reflected 8y either the move Night Shade or a Psychic type attack. Finally, she has so many irons in the fire you wouldn't even know, so make sure she keeps these irons hot by particip8ing in every gym leader and rocket executive 8attle that you encounter. Finally, you can replace Scary face with Spider We8 when the time comes if you wish, so you can tangle your opponents in your we8.

Seraphinu, you get John the male Pidgey. Upon learning Gust, you must keep it until you learn Wing Attack, which must replace Gust. This represents The Windy Thing. John loves to fly, so he must be the only pokemon on your team to learn fly. You may not use it in battle. John must also learn Return ASAP, because he wants to help his friends.

John must never attack a Teddiursa or Ursarang because they remind him of Liv Tyler.

John doesn't believe in using potions of any type, because they are made by Crocker Corp, his mortal enemy.

John must be the first pokemon you catch, because John is the first character encountered in Homestuck.

John must always be next to Vriska in the party.

Solo any E4 member.

Catch a female Weedle called Rose. Rose's strife specibus is set to Needlekind, so you're only allowed to attack the enemy directly with moves that use your stinger; Poison Sting, Fury Attack, Twineedle and Pin Missile.

Rose's sylladex is set to the Tree Fetch Modus. Teach Rose Cut (once a Beedrill), and every time you see a small tree have her cut the root out and cause the leaves to fall everywhere.

Have Rose solo every Meowth and Persian you come across, in memory of her own dead cat.

Rose likes wizards, but feels Sabrina is just mocking her by using so much blatant magic. Have her solo Sabrina
Still looking for two more. If I still don't have a full party come midnight I will accept user 18s Ghastly. Until then I am content to wait.

Alright, people gave me some challanges! Let's see now...

@KS: Mario is accepted. What do you mean from "area 1"? Do you mean the starting city, and if that's the case does it include the starting Espeon? Also, if he happens to become Boo (unlikely but whatever), is he allowed to use indirect attacks on Pokemon that are in the Green, or is he simply not allowed to make any action towards them whatsoever? And if that's the case, then can he still use moves on himself or his teammates?

@Showsni: Accepted. I'm presuming I get to choose my own name for this one?

@Axmaster68: Accepted, despite your horrendous taste in music :P. I chose Croconaw, followed by Wave Your Flag (being the only halfway decent song on your list) and finally Adam at random because I don't know who the fuck any of the judges are since I couldn't give less of a shit about the music industry. Couple questions. What do you mean by his "partner of sorts"? Do you mean I have to pick one other Pokemon and make sure they always participate in battles together? Also, by "take one status move" do you mean that he has to be hit by a status move himself, or can it just be if an opponent uses a status move with him in the battle at all?

@gamer40000 accepted. By "5 times in total" do you mean 5 between the two of them, or used both of them 5 times each? And by 1 attacking move, you do mean it has to have at least 1 attacking move or only one attacking move?

@Everyone, what constitutes a "boss Pokemon" and what counts as a solo? Remember, all the battles here are double battles so the definition of "solo" is a little more nebulous than it is in the handheld versions.

Get back to me with your answers soon guys :) also cmon and give Alex (Seraphinu) her Pokemon already >:( you mean to my friend I MEAN TO YOU!!!! Well not really, but she shouldn't have to wait so long. Also, go read Homestuck. NOW D:<!!!!!

Jimera, first of all, LOL. Those weren't even my real favorites (and there wasn't even Country or Christian, my other faves, in there). Also, that's exactly what I mean by his "partner" of sorts. Finally, he has to be hit by a status move before he can attack directly (skip that if the opponent has no status moves).

By "solo", I mean be the only pokemon to attack the pokemon, and KO it.

@gamer40000 accepted. By "5 times in total" do you mean 5 between the two of them, or used both of them 5 times each? And by 1 attacking move, you do mean it has to have at least 1 attacking move or only one attacking move?
Well, most of the time it only can run one attacking move, but at least one. And it's five for both: they do not stack.

Jimera, first of all, LOL. Those weren't even my real favorites (and there wasn't even Country or Christian, my other faves, in there). Also, that's exactly what I mean by his "partner" of sorts. Finally, he has to be hit by a status move before he can attack directly (skip that if the opponent has no status moves).

By "solo", I mean be the only pokemon to attack the pokemon, and KO it.
I honestly was mostly joking about the "horrendous taste in music" thing because I tend to not give a fuck about music in general, but I honestly didn't like any of them very much :P.

More importantly though, I'm not sure how well that restriction of not moving until hit by a status move will work in practice. I quite simply can't know if each and every Pokemon has a status move or not... maybe you can modify it in some way to make it a bit more predictable?

And thanks for the answer gamer40000, that's one bit clarified.

Sure, why not. Why don't you just have your opponent use a status move OR a STAB move against Voice?
Alright that sounds much more reasonable, since pretty much everything has a STAB move.

Alright everyone, just two more Pokemon (and a few more answers to my questions) and I can start!

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
Reserving the Swablu from Pyrite Cave for Jimera. Edits in a minute.

This is pretty useful for seeing Swablu and Altaria's moves in Colosseum.

Swablu's ability, as it always has been, is Natural Cure! Sounds homeopathic, right? Delightful. You know what else are homeopathic? Those cologne scents you can get from the shop in Agate!

Because Swablu requires its curing from Shadowistis to be natural, you may never call Swablu out of Hyper Mode. (I think that's what it's called, been a while since I played.) For every time that Swablu enters Hyper Mode, you must buy the cologne of medium price and use it (buy some in advance if you're going through a large area!) to calm Swablu down after battle.

Unfortunately, the cures don't seem to have worked! Your Swablu has been purified, but now it's evolved into a raging monster, acting like a terrible Dragon! To counter this, if you teach your Altaria any Dragon-type moves, you must also let it learn Refresh via level-up, as this will definitely keep your Altaria as it's perky and chipper self!

Additionally, any time a Dragon-type move is used, you must soothe Altaria after battle with another cologne. (I believe these can be used on purified Pokemon, but if it turns out they can't be then just ignore this.)

You're afraid to let Altaria be corrupted by the monstrosities that ruined her before, so she may never be in battle against a Shadow Pokemon. Additionally, keep her away from opposing Dark-types. Your Umbreon is fine though, they can double battle.

@KS: Mario is accepted. What do you mean from "area 1"? Do you mean the starting city, and if that's the case does it include the starting Espeon? Also, if he happens to become Boo (unlikely but whatever), is he allowed to use indirect attacks on Pokemon that are in the Green, or is he simply not allowed to make any action towards them whatsoever? And if that's the case, then can he still use moves on himself or his teammates?
1). First area outside your starting point.
2). Yes, it can use indirect moves on foes until it reaches yellow.

Aight, I wanna do a scramble. Ideally, the challenges will be very difficult without being overly tedious. Let's go with... FireRed. Also, for the last three slots, you have the option of assigning a general Trainer challenge instead of a Pokemon. Finally, be it through having enough slots that I can have every necessary HM or having mons that can learn said HMs, I need to have zem. Finally, these have to be in order, mmmmkay?

Slot 1: Magician the Squirtle
Slot 2: Mutant the Doduo
Slot 3: HM Wildcard
Slot 4: Flash the Clefairy
Slot 5: OCD the Growlithe
Slot 6: Free
Slot 6: Master Yi the Scyther

Welcome, Terrador! You have entered the YI ZONE.
Master Yi is the most badass vidogame character of all time. To celebrate this, you will be using MASTER YI the Scyther.

First off, once you get him, you must get 5 sodas, to stay hydrated. After that, you must gain X-man claws. Since X-Scissor isn't available, you must settle for Slash. After that, you must get one of Double Team and Swords Dance. This represents the DOUBLE SWORDS Yi loves to stack.

You must kill 2 Stone Brothers with your Yi. Also known as "Geodudes," these stonebros are wimps. Take them out with your smiting powers. You must also kill 3 Abra and a Kadabra. These are the Rude Dudes, and their teleport spam means they deserve it. Finally, kill the Dog. There are some cool dogs (like Lucario and Stoutland,) but this is not one of them. Demolish the dog. Exclaim "Get Dunked" after each of your victories with Yi. This will get you into the true spirit of Yi's epic dunking.

NO EVOLUTIONS FOR SCYTHER PERIOD. Scizor is WIMPY LOSER.

tl;dr version:

-Catch a Scyther
-Once you get it, buy 5 sodas ASAP
-Must learn and keep Slash.
-Must have at least one of Swords Dance or Double Team by the credits.
-Your Scyther must faint two male members of the Geodude family of any level. Oh come on, you can find them at level 8 in Mount Moon.
-Your Scyther must faint 3 Abra and a Kadabra.
-Your Scyther must faint a Growlithe.
-You must say "Get Dunked" after every battle that you win with Scyther.
-No Evolving Scyther. This shouldn't be that hard.

Reserving the Swablu from Pyrite Cave for Jimera. Edits in a minute.

This is pretty useful for seeing Swablu and Altaria's moves in Colosseum.

Swablu's ability, as it always has been, is Natural Cure! Sounds homeopathic, right? Delightful. You know what else are homeopathic? Those cologne scents you can get from the shop in Agate!

Because Swablu requires its curing from Shadowistis to be natural, you may never call Swablu out of Hyper Mode. (I think that's what it's called, been a while since I played.) For every time that Swablu enters Hyper Mode, you must buy the cologne of medium price and use it (buy some in advance if you're going through a large area!) to calm Swablu down after battle.

Unfortunately, the cures don't seem to have worked! Your Swablu has been purified, but now it's evolved into a raging monster, acting like a terrible Dragon! To counter this, if you teach your Altaria any Dragon-type moves, you must also let it learn Refresh via level-up, as this will definitely keep your Altaria as it's perky and chipper self!

Additionally, any time a Dragon-type move is used, you must soothe Altaria after battle with another cologne. (I believe these can be used on purified Pokemon, but if it turns out they can't be then just ignore this.)

You're afraid to let Altaria be corrupted by the monstrosities that ruined her before, so she may never be in battle against a Shadow Pokemon. Additionally, keep her away from opposing Dark-types. Your Umbreon is fine though, they can double battle.
Accepted. Instead of ignoring the last one (I'm pretty sure colognes can't be used on purified Pokemon) I'll simply chuck one, since it'll have more or less the same effect. This is gunna be annoying though... those colognes are expensive!

Couple questions: What do I do about Hyper mode before getting to Agate? I recall that Pyrite Cave happens before Agate so this is important.

Also, when I get Refresh, do I actually have to use it or just have it on my moveset?

Just one more to go!

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
Accepted. Instead of ignoring the last one (I'm pretty sure colognes can't be used on purified Pokemon) I'll simply chuck one, since it'll have more or less the same effect. This is gunna be annoying though... those colognes are expensive!

Couple questions: What do I do about Hyper mode before getting to Agate? I recall that Pyrite Cave happens before Agate so this is important.

Also, when I get Refresh, do I actually have to use it or just have it on my moveset?

Just one more to go!
It's been so long since I've played Colosseum oh gosh.

Don't make yourself broke off the colognes. Items to survive bosses > your bird smelling nice.

@Hyper Mode question; just don't call Swablu out of Hyper Mode. You can't really do anything about not having the colognes. Count the number of times it happens and buy that number, unless it'd bankrupt you in which case buy them over time or something?

@Refresh question; use it whenever you're statused (top priority) but don't bother wasting a turn Refreshing after using a Dragon move. That'd be dumb.

P.S. the idea behind the colognes was actually so that Swablu didn't gain a super bunch of EXP and level past 35, which is when it evolves and can gain access to Dragon Rage. :3

All right, taking user 18's Ghastly. Still need one more Pokemon, which I would like to be a starter, but it doesn't have to be.
NOTE#This is the first time I've given someone a scramblemon

Take leaf the chikorita (named after mine on HG)

Like mine, he has to have (ASAP):
one damaging grass move
one damaging normal move
one none-STAB damaging move
one status move

Also, (like mine), he has to evolve at Lv 24 into bayleef and Lv 45 to meganium

He also has to solo Morty and Chuck, (like mine), as a bayleef

One last rule: He has to be at the front of your party to catch all your Pokemon

I think that will work

NOTE#This is the first time I've given someone a scramblemon

Take leaf the chikorita (named after mine on HG)

Like mine, he has to have (ASAP):
one damaging grass move
one damaging normal move
one none-STAB damaging move
one status move

Also, (like mine), he has to evolve at Lv 24 into bayleef and Lv 45 to meganium

He also has to solo Morty and Chuck, (like mine), as a bayleef

One last rule: He has to be at the front of your party to catch all your Pokemon

I think that will work
Rejected- if you had scrolled up you would have seen my rules for my scramble. All of my Pokemon have to reference the webcomic Homestuck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)