VGC '12 Northeast Regional - Philadelphia, PA - Won by JiveTime & KeepBayleefing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Solace strikes again with the seniors pairings for round 4, which also have the scores on!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE i am so pumped
let's see some good matches today, ya?

leggo everyone in #seniors and wolfe, kinderlew, and human!!
<33333 maski. were all gonna go 10-0
but wolfey is having a panic attack in the corner. i think he is literally pooping his pants

Dozz

Solaces super pairings Round 4! Gonna have to catch up in the lunch breaks.

Dozz

Sorry for the double post, but a big update from the dantrain on the scene informing me that they're due a topcut after 10 rounds of swiss! Looks like it's going to the a long afternoon for the northeast masters, that's for sure.

Brendan wins.

EDIT: Also haven't seen anybody post this. Apparently, the Masters (300+) are being divided into two flights and will actually have a top cut.

Dozz

Juniors is officially over with Babbytron sealing another win with a record of 7-0. Kinderlews younger brother, aka Kinderbro finished 5th at 6-1. Congrats to Babbytron on another win!

Results from PA
Juniors
Babbytron 7-0
Kinderbro 6-1

I'm also informed that in the two flight for Masters, a large number of Smogonites are in the same tier, due to close proximity to each other in line. Should be kicking off soon.

Dozz

The Results are in for the Seniors Division!

Results from PA
Seniors
PungentFruit 7-1
Cybertron 7-1
Drifblim 7-1
Garchompzilla 7-1
iss 6-2
NatGeo 6-2
Hitmonrocker 5-2
Superpokemon67 6-2.

A non smogoner wins it, with PungentFruit, Cybertron and Drifblim in 2nd, 3rd and 4th respectively.

Masters updates:
Birch is 2-0
soul_survivor is 2-0
EE is 2-0
Shinkou is 1-1
TrainerTheGr8 is 2-0
Solace is 1-1
Enfuego is 2-0
Wolfey is 2-0
TDS is 2-0
kinderlew is 2-0

----

soul_survivor is 3-0
Wolfey is 3-0
Knights of Wario Land is 1-2

It's impossible to take pictures since there are like 5 pages per flight. I'll update only this post so please check here.

Cybertron, I'm 3-0. I can't update anymore cause my phone is dying, but if you want to update for me, my name is Eric G. I'm pretty sure I'm the only Eric G on there.

Good luck to everyone else still playing.

Dozz

Guys, Cybertrons got this covered really well, so look to him and @smogonU on twitter for the latest!

Sounds like the Pink flight has plenty of Smogon vs Smogon matchups! Going to be a tough flight to get out of that's for sure.

I actually went 6-2 Dozz. I got Garchomp haxed bad, but that's what I get for not using Abomsnow :/. I'll post a full warstory later, but I will say that the hax was so bad, there wasn't a single match without a crit for me. Good job to PungentFruit a nd Cyber though, and I'll make sure I'm ready for nats! :D

Birch, you're too cute lol <3

EDIT: Can't forget to mention smogoner matchups and my siblings' records. I fought (in no particular order) LudiImpict, BlitznBurst, Pokemoniskool ( PO name, idk if he's on smogon), and one other person I think is on Smogon. My sister beat GARCHOMPZILLA round 1. And my little bro fought babbytron in the junior finals : D. I went 6-2 getting in 21st place, mu sister went 6-2 getting in 9th, and my little bro went 5-2 getting 8th. (He would've gotten 2nd had he not accedentally clicked run in a match)

Good Job Everyone! I finished a 5-3 record being the 2nd highest 5-3 seed and got 26th place. I had a very high 67% resistance. Played SP67 round 8 where he outplayed me and won. Also played Thomas Irwin and lost while he won the whole thing. Good Job to everyone once again!

Edit: PungentFruit, I'm so sorry I kinda came from behind and beat your brother. Good Job on 2nd place and maybe see you at Nats!

Ok, so the two battles I lost were versus a forum lurker ( I forget what his name was but he has an account ) and then I lost to Cybertron final match... Scizor pretty much swept me that first game I lost but then Cybertron used the unthinkable : volcarona..... I shall elaborate later B) but yeah this regional was awesome, gonna be awesome at nats!

Finished the day 4-3. I lost first round which was acceptable, won second round, lost third round due to a very untimely crit. I then sort of gave up and my train of thought was everywhere and fumbled on the next match. I decided to get my stuff together and try to finish as strong as I can and ended up with a 4-3 after recovering from a 1-3 deficit. Finished as 66th seed, hoping to go to nationals, perhaps to redeem myself.

How the bracket is right now:

(1) Jivetime - NY vs. (4) Biffster - KS
(2) Wolfey - VA vs. (3) Marc Cruz (Civ) - PA
(3) Human - NJ vs. (2) Garret Elis - No idea
(4) Ben7000 - NY vs. (1) Chilebowl - NY

Updating live, sitting right behind them. Out of the eight, I know 7 go on Smogon. Not sure about the last 1. Updated with states too.

Top 8 Standings:

(1) Jivetime vs. (4) Biffster
(2) Wolfey vs. (3) Marc Cruz
(3) Human vs. (2) Garret Elis
(4) Ben7000 vs. (1) Chilebowl

A master from Smogon ( I don't know who he is) was taking pics of Seniors. I completely forgot to ask for his username. Can you send me the pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)