Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Sub Salac Terrakion

Goddamnit blue, you stole my idea. :P

Anyways, I have been using sub salac terrakion on my team and it is absolutely amazing. If used properly, it can just tear through a team. I prefer to use mine late game just because Salac is one use and by then walls are weakened to a point where +2 CC or Stone Edge can kill. Of course, I've been using it in the sand because of the SpDef boost and because terrakion doesn't enjoy rain-boosted water attacks. It's much better than the silly Rock Gem they usually carry, that's for sure (It does have it's use, but imo Salac is probably going to become standard after people realize how good it is).

Breloom @ Choice Scarf
Technician
Jolly Nature
252 Att/252 Spe/4HP

- Bullet Seed
- Low Sweep
- Stone Edge
- Spore

An interesting yet effective set that really surprises the opponent. Outspeeding and OHKOing the likes of Tornadus-T, Thundurus-T, Scarf Rotom-W, and Scarf Politoed among others. Fairly self explanatory and sort of a gimmick, but effective nonetheless.

Breloom @ Yache Berry
Technician
Adamant Nature
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
- Bullet Seed
- Natural Gift
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

I've been using natural gift breloom to beat amoongus and celebi. Natural gift with a yache berry is a one time use 60 base power ice type attack. After a swords dance, amoongus is ohko'd and so is celebi after a bit of prior damage and stealth rock (78-92%).You can't outspeed Celebi, but you can survive a LO hp fire if stealth rock is off the field (83-98%). Yache berry is also useful for surviving ice shards. No speed ev's because of no spore.

I think that my Furret is creative enough to be posted here. ^^

Furret @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Frisk
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Claw / Fire Punch / Ice Punch
- Return
- U-Turn / Toxic

I have used Frisk Furret for quite long time. While its cute and makes your opponent smile it can ruin many pokemon and strategies by simply switching in. Combination of Frisk, Scarf, and Trick is deadly. You can make one of your opponents pokemon useless by giving them scarf. 188 HP is to survive Banded Scizors U-Turn and Timid Choice Specs Volt Switch from Thundurus-T (Modest has 50% chance to OHKO). Attack and Speed EV's ensures that Furret outspeeds them and 2HKO'es them with Return / Fire Punch respectively. Trick is something that you can't replace ever If you use Furret in OU. Return is for STAB and U-turn is for extra scouting. You can also use Toxic in place of U-turn to cripple some walls that aren't Poison or Steel types nor have Natural Cure. Shadow Claw let's you hit Ghost and Psychic types hard (well somewhat... >.>) While Fire Punch / Ice Punch can weaken Steel / Dragon types respectively. Some tips: If you see non-choice Thundurus-T use return. If it's Scarf you can either switch out/U-turn or cripple the switch in. If it's Specs you can do either one of those 2 things or can you can make it scarf hold scarf which can help you in the long run.

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Punch/Stone Edge

I use this set on nearly any rain team I make. I couldn't even count how many battles I won just due to the fact that it wasn't expected. The typical route is to either use Swords Dance or take Drain Punch with a bulky set. I one day decided to mix the two common sets together and it's now the only set I use on Toxicroak.
How it works:
Bring it i on something you know will be forced to switch out and when they switch use SD. The combination of Black Sludge, Dry Skin, and +2 boosted Drain Punch give a remarkable amount of pseudo bulk and it's never expected after the SD. Sucker Punch is obvious for the priority and hitting ghosts when needed. Another part of this set that seems to be unexpected is Stone Edge. Most people seem to assume after Drain Punch that the other move is Substitute and bring in a flying type, and then after that, if I haven't already used it, they end up not expecting Sucker Punch. With good setup and prediction, this set is fully capable of pulling surprise full sweeps on those that aren't prepared, which seems to be nearly everyone

Edit: After realizing Ice Punch is now legal with Drain Punch, I put it over Stone Edge. Both still have benefits, Ice Punch being more accurate, able to freeze and hitting grass and dragons hard (Dragonite likes to switch in) and Stone Edge can hit the fire and bug types that switch in as well as hitting harder

Isn't Ice Punch > Stone Edge ?
Other than the fact that Ice Punch is illegal with Drain Punch, yes. Drain Punch is only learned through breeding with Mienfoo/Mienshao, while Ice Punch is learned through gen 4 tutoring.

Edit: Completely forgot about the BW2 tutors, this set just got better

I haven't used Toxicroak recently but I am a huge fan. I must say though that sub/SD is often enough to KO many counters simply due to them being forced to attack (and the extra attack boost often gives you the power to, unlike the bulk up set) + it lets you set up against status which he obviously hates.

It would take a lot to convince me to use another attack over sub which is one of my favourite moves, especially on set up sweepers.

Tornadus-T @ Sky Plate/Life Orb
Modest Nature/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
Regenarator ability
-Hurricane
-Sleep Talk

That's it. Only 2 moves, one of which doesn't even deal direct damage. But that's all it needs. Basically, it's sleep fodder, but with a difference. It can only use Hurricane while asleep (Via sleep talk), so essentially Choice Specs is the perfect item. Sure there's a tonne of steels that resist it, but the whole idea is that it makes useful sleep fodder that can act as a deadly poke outside of sleep. Hurricane's its stand out attack, and other then U-turn, nothing is overly effective with this poke.

While you may think that Prankster Tornadus can do this, when not asleep the added speed helps, as does the small bulk difference of Tornadus-T. Also, Regen really helps to recover HP from rocks ETC, as you may not want to wake up if you wish to keep this as a game long sleep fodder.

Edit- Due to choice locked sleep talk failing after a single use (ie on the 2nd use), items have been changed to Life orb/Sky plate. Regen allows him to heal of a large poriton of orb recoil.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sleep Talk can only be used once while Choiced and then it fails. Unless the mechanics changed recently, in which case disregard this.

Sleep Talk can only be used once while Choiced and then it fails. Unless the mechanics changed recently, in which case disregard this.
I thought that was only for choice scarf, although I could and likely are mistaken, in which case I'll change the set to Life Orb or something. That's wierd, as i did trial this set, perhpas I never used Sleep talk more than twice.

Gallade@ Salac Berry
EVs:4 HP/252 Atc/252 Spd
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Endure
-Close Combat/ Brick Break
-Psycho Cut/Ice Punch/X-Scissor/Anything

Really,you can probably tell the point of this set is to Swords dance, Get the Salac Boost with Endure then sweep :]. You can use CC if you dont care about Def drops, But i think Brick Break is a better option for survivability. The Last move can be litteraly ANYTHING.

Another One:

Volcorona@ Absorb Bulb
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 S.Def/ 4 S.Atk
-Hurricane
-Quiver Dance
-Roost
-HP Water/ Bug Buzz/ Fiery Dance/ FlameThrower/Fire Blast

Lets say you have a Doubles Surf abuse Rain Team. Well, This Volcorona will be your friend! With Absorb Bulb you can use surf and instead of Crippleing Volcorona you give it a S.Atk Boost :D. Of Course it only works once so be careful.

Gallade@ Salac Berry
EVs:4 HP/252 Atc/252 Spd
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Endure
-Close Combat/ Brick Break
-Psycho Cut/Ice Punch/X-Scissor/Anything

Really,you can probably tell the point of this set is to Swords dance, Get the Salac Boost with Endure then sweep :]. You can use CC if you dont care about Def drops, But i think Brick Break is a better option for survivability. The Last move can be litteraly ANYTHING.
1)Why would you care about defense drops if you have one HP?
2) Close Combat is ALWAYS a better choice than Brick Break. It has almost double the power.
3) There's way too much Sandstorm/Hail/priority attacks for this to be viable.

As for Volcarona, Absorb Bulb doesn't block Water attacks, just adds a Special Attack boost, so Volcarona will still probably die.

2) Close Combat is ALWAYS a better choice than Brick Break. It has almost double the power.
Unless your looking to break screens ;)

I've never understood why you'd run Brick Break over CC other than the reason stated. The defence drop is a downer, but you'd have to use Brick Break twice to do the same damage, unless it's against a 0 EV def Ttar Or something else that would be an OKHO.

Blastoise@ Choice Scarf
EVs:4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd
Modest Nature
-Water Spout
-Ice Beam
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Focus Blast

I used this set as a cleaner in rain. It outspeeds all OU pokemon without a scarf.

Fresh from using it to get #3 on the PO ladder:

Keldeo @ Salac Berry
Timid, 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe (actually there's probably a better spread to make Salac activate with one less Sub).
-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-Substitute
-Calm Mind

THE best CM Keldeo (Specs Keldeo ftw too). I'm not sure if anybody else is using this but; things which outspeed and OHKO Keldeo are everywhere. Tornadus, Scarf Thundurus, Latios / Latias, Starmie and Scarf Landorus-T are all on top of the metagame right now, and all of them can easily revenge kill a +1 or even +2 Keldeo. With Salac you can simply Sub down into berry activation range, outspeed and KO. Substitute is also just a nice move to have on Keldeo to catch Therians switching in.

There are a few issues with this set, the most obvious being it struggles even more than other sets to get past Amoonguss, Jellicent, and Latias. The other is that it absolutely needs Rain support so that it can pull off a clean sweep. But the extra speed is absolutely fantastic and anyone who wants to use Keldeo but can't make it work should give this a go.

Did you copy me of what? As I have used Scarf Cloyster...
Not at all. I needed a Scarfer, and I thought I'd give a suprise a try. I'm sure you'll agree how much the value of suprise is important with him, he;s won me 3 matches in a row with it so far. Those darn Tornadus-T don't know what hit 'em

That was true for the previous generation, but nowadays, Choiced Sleep Talk works just fine when used consecutively. The B&W Research Thread has this listed as confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)