VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the rules the same as last year's?

Either way, what are some of the dominant threats and where can I go to see what people are talking about for VGC?

Not sure if this is the place to ask this or not, but does anyone know where I can find old threads from the Journey Across America?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11086

This is the only one that I know of. It's a really good read. David Stone plans a team with Mewtwo/Smeargle/Jynx/i think Rayquaza was last?

As for whoever needs help with rain, a Modest Specs Rotom-W can OHKO Kingdra with Thunderbolt, and any non-Wacan Berry Politoed suffers a similar fate.

Although most of my experience is in Single Battles, I tend to use Skill Swap to counter use of Weather-based Abilities. It is a nice approach to help balance things out.

For all of you attending the Fall Regionals, I wish you luck its just I am personally ignoring the format until the announcement of next year's game play. With the Dream World and the Dream Radar, a lot of emphasis is being placed on acquiring Pokémon with Dream Abilities. Its doubtful that 2013 will not be played on BW2 with a lot of Dream Abilities thus changing the metagame like crazy.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11086

This is the only one that I know of. It's a really good read. David Stone plans a team with Mewtwo/Smeargle/Jynx/i think Rayquaza was last?
Thanks. I've actually read that article... very creative and effective strategy!

I was hoping to find threads/posts about specific stops on the tour (not just warstories or info on winners), including the finals, but I'm not sure if whatever subforum they'd be in would even go back that far. If anyone has what I'm looking for or knows where I can find it, please let me know!

When doing the math, if you use a pokemon with solar power,choice specs and max special attack, do you take the the max special attack, multiply it by 1.5 then take that result and multiply it again by 1.5.(This results in 2.25 times the max special attack). Or does it just become a free nasty plot, essentially raising your special attack by 2 stages.

Does weather effects like Sand and Hail round up or down when dealing damage? Or will it do say 12 one turn and then 13 the next? What about Leftovers or Sitrus Berry? Thanks.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
When you get VGC mons from Pokecheck utilizing pkm.files, is it bad if the pokemon isnt allowed in wifi random matchup?
If you can't use it in RM, you won't be able to use it in VGC either.
Does weather effects like Sand and Hail round up or down when dealing damage? Or will it do say 12 one turn and then 13 the next? What about Leftovers or Sitrus Berry? Thanks.
Most things round down.

I tried the pokemon available on the "Where to get you VGC pokemon from" thread, and it still says that. Is pokecheck a bad way to get VGC pokemon then?

pokes from bw2?

does anyone know if you catch a pokemon in bw2 weather it will be allowed in fall regionals? say I don't have gen 4 games and wanted to get a latios, could i rng it in black 2 then send it over to black 1 and compete? or same thing with other pokemon? like cresselia or heatran?

If I were you,I would play it safe and not. You can always just ask one of the friendly RNGers if they can RNG those Pokemon for you. Good Luck at Regionals!

I tried the pokemon available on the "Where to get you VGC pokemon from" thread, and it still says that. Is pokecheck a bad way to get VGC pokemon then?
Pokecheck is a good way, yes, but you have to download the Pokemon's file, then upload it to PokeGTS so it can be legal for usage. Be careful as to what Pokemon you're receiving, however; make sure its IVs, EVs, and moves are legal, etc.

So approximately how many battles do you have to have during a regional event? (This Winter will be my first time!) Also, I'm a girl- are there many girls that play competitively?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
So approximately how many battles do you have to have during a regional event? (This Winter will be my first time!) Also, I'm a girl- are there many girls that play competitively?
Depends on turnout; Spring Colorado Springs was only 7 rounds. Also, there are a fair amount of female players across all age groups.

I was at CO springs back in April and as was said, had 7 battles. There weren't many girls there unfortunately, only a handful or two, so there are some, just not near as many as there are guys. But the winner of our regional was a lady in fact. Either way, I know you will have fun. I'm a bit of an introvert and had a blast so you will too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)