1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Solace, Aug 11, 2012.

1. R Inanimate

R Inanimate Grasp the earth, Grasp the World.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Requoting from a similar question just a bit back:

2. Szymoninho

Szymoninho

Does anyone know any good defensive EV spreads for Jellicent? I want it to be my rain counter and TR reverter. I don't need any investment neither in Special Attack nor in Speed but I'll appreciate any suggestions :). Its moves:
    - Scald
    - Shadow Ball
    - Trick Room
    - Protect
  3. CroutonKing52

CroutonKing52

Are the rules the same as last year's?

Either way, what are some of the dominant threats and where can I go to see what people are talking about for VGC?
  4. M. Rock

M. Rock

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11086

This is the only one that I know of. It's a really good read. David Stone plans a team with Mewtwo/Smeargle/Jynx/i think Rayquaza was last?

As for whoever needs help with rain, a Modest Specs Rotom-W can OHKO Kingdra with Thunderbolt, and any non-Wacan Berry Politoed suffers a similar fate.
  5. TheAllyKat

TheAllyKat

Although most of my experience is in Single Battles, I tend to use Skill Swap to counter use of Weather-based Abilities. It is a nice approach to help balance things out.

For all of you attending the Fall Regionals, I wish you luck its just I am personally ignoring the format until the announcement of next year's game play. With the Dream World and the Dream Radar, a lot of emphasis is being placed on acquiring Pokémon with Dream Abilities. Its doubtful that 2013 will not be played on BW2 with a lot of Dream Abilities thus changing the metagame like crazy.
  6. Wildfire

Wildfire

Is it possible to use sheer force landorus in the fall regionals?
  7. Solace

Solace swing from the chandelier
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

That's a BW2 ability right? If so, then it can't be used.
  8. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Thanks. I've actually read that article... very creative and effective strategy!

I was hoping to find threads/posts about specific stops on the tour (not just warstories or info on winners), including the finals, but I'm not sure if whatever subforum they'd be in would even go back that far. If anyone has what I'm looking for or knows where I can find it, please let me know!
  9. Burgba

Burgba

When doing the math, if you use a pokemon with solar power,choice specs and max special attack, do you take the the max special attack, multiply it by 1.5 then take that result and multiply it again by 1.5.(This results in 2.25 times the max special attack). Or does it just become a free nasty plot, essentially raising your special attack by 2 stages.
  10. R Inanimate

11. bluejay8295

bluejay8295

Will the VGC in January and April shift from BW to BW2?
  12. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

We don't know exactly what the rules will be, but it will almost certainly be played on BW2 carts.
  13. bluejay8295

bluejay8295

When you get VGC mons from Pokecheck utilizing pkm.files, is it bad if the pokemon isnt allowed in wifi random matchup?
  14. Lucifers Pride

Lucifers Pride

Does weather effects like Sand and Hail round up or down when dealing damage? Or will it do say 12 one turn and then 13 the next? What about Leftovers or Sitrus Berry? Thanks.
  15. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

If you can't use it in RM, you won't be able to use it in VGC either.
    Most things round down.
  16. Lucifers Pride

Lucifers Pride

So if Sand would do 11.975 it would do 11? Or would it follow standard rounding rules?
  17. R Inanimate

Well, by the game's rounding standards, you'd round down the damage taken by Sandstorm/Hail, so it will be 11.
  18. bluejay8295

bluejay8295

I tried the pokemon available on the "Where to get you VGC pokemon from" thread, and it still says that. Is pokecheck a bad way to get VGC pokemon then?
  19. Lucifers Pride

Lucifers Pride

Awesome, thanks guys.
  20. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

There is already confirmation that Janauary and April regionals will be exclusively played on BW2. This is the last regional you can use BW on.
  21. maltmaker

maltmaker

pokes from bw2?

does anyone know if you catch a pokemon in bw2 weather it will be allowed in fall regionals? say I don't have gen 4 games and wanted to get a latios, could i rng it in black 2 then send it over to black 1 and compete? or same thing with other pokemon? like cresselia or heatran?
  22. LudiImpact

LudiImpact

If I were you,I would play it safe and not. You can always just ask one of the friendly RNGers if they can RNG those Pokemon for you. Good Luck at Regionals!
  23. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

Pokecheck is a good way, yes, but you have to download the Pokemon's file, then upload it to PokeGTS so it can be legal for usage. Be careful as to what Pokemon you're receiving, however; make sure its IVs, EVs, and moves are legal, etc.
  24. PichuGirl

PichuGirl

So approximately how many battles do you have to have during a regional event? (This Winter will be my first time!) Also, I'm a girl- are there many girls that play competitively?
  25. hoult66

hoult66

You typically play around 8-10 I think.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)