Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Got an update to my Pokemon Crystal Gauntlet!

Check it out here. (Yeah I know, Chapter One is pretty short but I just wanted to get this thing up, this wait's been too long lol)

Turns out, no matter what starter you picked, he couldn't be used against a gym leader until Kanto anyway. In this case, Kaji the Cyndaquil cannot be used against any gym leader except Blaine.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Got Chapter two of my Crystal Gauntlet up. You can find where to find it in post #502 (lol)

Yeah chapters are pretty damn short right now, but Chapter three will be longer

Ironically, Gastly is needed for Morty, but obviously cannot use Ghost attacks as per the gauntlet conditions, including Lick. Moves like Curse can be used, however. (Btw, Curse became Ghost in gen 5.)

Bumping this thread, sorry for DP. Black 2 and White 2 are released in the States now, and awaiting gauntlets!

Pika25 you're going to have to give more information on what challenges you're looking for before I can help you with that. Check out on the first page the section "how to request a challenge" so I can actually give out challenges that fit what you're looking for!

EDIT: Oh I misunderstood, my bad!

I would like to do a gauntlet challenge with my diamond.
I would like about ten challenges and no grinding please.
I can trade from soulsilver.
I would like difficult challenges, with no holding back!

Challenges:
NO PURCHASES WHATSOEVER
Must do all in game trades, traded pokemon must be in party at all times.
No defensive advantage or super effective moves in gym or elite four battles. (A one time exception to this rule is earned each gym beat. They may be used at any time)
All female trainers must be defeated by only one pokemon per battle.
Traded pokemon above the obedience level may not be used in battle.

Chuckeroo, I challenge you to never exchange money for items.
This means no pokemarts, vendors, stores, or any other purchases.

You can only use items that are given to you.

Good luck!

Chuckeroo777, you are challenged to use every in-game trade available to you. After you get 4 Pokemon from ingame trades, you can no longer use Pokemon that aren't from in-game trades in battle.

Good luck!

EDIT: Yarnus has it right, you can use HM slaves (though not in battle), and your starter has to get boxed.

Corkscrew, assuming you still frequent the thread, you have to go through Chargestone Cave on one go, without using any healing items or the doctor. Then, it's onto Brycen's gym. You may only use special attacks, none of which are SE against Ice. After Drayden, you may only use STAB. Are you willing and able to accept these gauntlet suggestions?

The link is here.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Chuckeroo777, I challenge you to never use a Pokemon in a Gym or Elite Four battle that has a type advantage defensively against the Gym/Elite Four type (ie: no Fire Pokemon in Gardenia's gym, no Steel types against Lucian). You can never use a super effective move against a Gym Leader or the Elite Four. Every badge you earn grants you a one-Pokemon exemption to this challenge per battle, up to a maximum of 8 exemptions (however if that Pokemon is KO'd, that Pokemon forfeits the exemption for the remainder of the battle). Cynthia's type for the purpose of this challenge is typeless.

Chuckeroo777, you are challenged to use every in-game trade available to you. After you get 4 Pokemon from ingame trades, you can no longer use Pokemon that aren't from in-game trades in battle.

Good luck!
To confirm, after four trades, only pokemon obtained in said trades and future in-game trades may be used.
Am I allowed to use my starter and/or HM slaves?

sprocket said:
Chuckeroo777, I challenge you to never use a Pokemon in a Gym or Elite Four battle that has a type advantage defensively against the Gym/Elite Four type (ie: no Fire Pokemon in Gardenia's gym, no Steel types against Lucian). You can never use a super effective move against a Gym Leader or the Elite Four. Every badge you earn grants you a one-Pokemon exemption to this challenge per battle, up to a maximum of 8 exemptions (however if that Pokemon is KO'd, that Pokemon forfeits the exemption for the remainder of the battle). Cynthia's type for the purpose of this challenge is typeless.
These exceptions, are they only one time use? because after the sixth badge, I could just use all six of my Pokemon however I wish. Or is it only one attack per exception?

Not being able to buy items. Does this include balls?

I have one for chuckeroo777 myself. Traded Pokémon may not be above the level cap for obedience. If one does exceed this level, it may not be used in battle until after the next gym.

Right, and am I allowed to transfer the Pokemon required for trades from soul silver?

And can someone give me a link to a list of in-game trades in diamond?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
These exceptions, are they only one time use? because after the sixth badge, I could just use all six of my Pokemon however I wish. Or is it only one attack per exception?
I'm glad you asked, because I was afraid my wording was unclear.

One time use exemptions. You could in theory save them all the way to the final battle with Cynthia if you desired.

For example, if you wanted to use Chimchar against Gardenia, or you wanted Chimchar to use Grass Knot on Crasher Wake's Quagsire, it would consume one of your exemptions for Chimchar, and it would last that Gym battle for the entire battle (after Chimchar uses Grass Knot on Quagsire, he can continue to use Grass Knot on Wake's remaining Pokemon if desired). However if Chimchar is KO'd, it will cost another exemption to use that Pokemon again in the same battle.

Ok, I just looked it up, and I don't think the in-game trade challenge is gonna work out without revision.
There are precisely four trades. One is post game on route 226. Another isn't available till before the seventh gym. Perhaps traded pokemon simply must be taken, and always on my team?

Ok, I just looked it up, and I don't think the in-game trade challenge is gonna work out without revision.
There are precisely four trades. One is post game on route 226. Another isn't available till before the seventh gym. Perhaps traded pokemon simply must be taken, and always on my team?
Sure that sounds good. Thought there'd be more trades... in RBY there's like a dozen. Anyway, yeah, go with your proposed version instead.

Hello!
- I would like to do a Gauntlet of Pokemon Emerald.
- I will not trade.
- I ask for difficult challenges.
- I shall take at least one new challenge after every two gym battles.
- I will start with at least 3 challenges.
- I will reject any challenges related to Magicarp, Wurmple, Cascoon, and Silcoon. Everything else is free game.

I am considering making an LP of this challenge, and If I do so I will post a link to the YouTube playlist here. If I decide not to then I'll leave written summaries of each chapter here.

Challenges Accepted:
- Pokemon that battle Team Aqua can't battle Team Magma, and vice virsa. (Naix)
- Pokemon may not evolve until they have soloed a gym leader/elite 4 member that's main type is SE against them. Once they have done that, they may evolve to their final evolution without needing to solo another gym of that type. (Espeon65)
- I may only use each Pokemon center, or any other full-party healing location no more than 3 times each over the course of the journey. This includes using the PC to heal Pokemon. (Jimera0)

Thank you people who gave me these challenges! This will be starting soon. Expect the first update in a couple days at the most.

JamesSonofBaboonzo, when you use a Pokemon against Team Aqua, that Pokemon becomes affiliated with Team Magma and can never fight any of them. This restriction also applies the other way around. (In other words, if you have a Kadabra fight a Magma Grunt, you can't fight an Aqua Grunt with it.)

@JamesSonofBaboonzo my challenge to you is that your pokemon may only evolve when they solo a gym SE against them. This means you will either have a team of pokemon that no gyms are SE against and thus can't evolve ever, or you will carefully plan out your team so that they all have a gym SE to them. Good luck!

@JamesSonofBaboonzo my challenge to you is that your pokemon may only evolve when they solo a gym SE against them. This means you will either have a team of pokemon that no gyms are SE against and thus can't evolve ever, or you will carefully plan out your team so that they all have a gym SE to them. Good luck!
How does that apply to pokemon that evolve more then once? For example, if I wound up soloing Roxan with Torchic, would I be allowed to evolve it fully, or would I only be allowed to evolve one stage, and need to solo another Gym Leader with it to be able to evolve it again?

Also, may I aply this rule to Members of the Elite Four?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)