Programming PPRNG (Mac & iOS)

You only need the 3DS to send the Pokemon to your B2W2 game. The actual RNG abuse can be done on any DS type.

Also, if you happen to have a White 2 Italian game and a DSi or 3DS, you could help out all the Italian game users by helping us get the info we need for DSi / 3DS support. Check this post for details.
Sure I help ;)!
And I also invite friends to help!!

Are you able to reproduce the bug every time you try the above? I have tried manually setting the parameters as you did, but at some point the program detects that it's a hidden power spread and changes the IV pattern drop down automatically to that (which actually resets the ATK IV to 0-31, which is a small bug). The point is, though, that the only way that I can get the IV Pattern menu to show 'Custom' by the end of setting the IVs is if I actually go and change it to 'Custom' manually myself. So, I'd really like to know the exact steps you are following to set up the IVs and Hidden Power in fine detail. Something like:

1. Set Min HP to 31.
2. Set Max HP to 31.
13. Check Hidden Power checkbox. The IV pattern is automatically set to 'Special Hidden Power Flawless' and the IV stat is reset to min 0, max 31.
14. Set min ATK to 31 again.

I understand that it's a tedious thing to do, but if I can't reproduce the bug I can't fix it.

Those are very generous numbers! I would imagine that if it happened it would be in the $1 - $5 range so that it would be accessible to wider audience, but I do appreciate the encouragement.
Please make this happen! It would be truly amazing and I could see it selling for $10 easy :)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

there's an issue with the highlighted frame. ESV 7 should be a Grimer, but instead I ended up with a female Lv. 17 A1 Rattata, which is either slots 8 or 10. The nearest frame that could be a result is 18 frames away, which doesn't make any sense, considering there aren't any WNPCs in the room I'm using.

If you want I can upload the captured Rattata to Pokecheck.

there's an issue with the highlighted frame. ESV 7 should be a Grimer, but instead I ended up with a female Lv. 17 A1 Rattata, which is either slots 8 or 10. The nearest frame that could be a result is 18 frames away, which doesn't make any sense, considering there aren't any WNPCs in the room I'm using.

If you want I can upload the captured Rattata to Pokecheck.
If you upload the Rattata to pokecheck maybe I could be of some help.

Hi Chiizu, really loving the updates.

I have no problems whatsoever with Dream Radar RNG and Hidden Hollow RNG.
However, when I'm attempting to RNG the IVs of something Stationary and/or within a Hidden Hollow, I seem to be able to repeatedly hit a set of IVs, but they're not what I want.

Let's say that I need 31/31/31/31/31/31. I will hit a seed for 13/13/13/13/13/13. If I keep retrying that seed, it'll keep giving me 13/13/13/13/13/13. I don't seem to see the IVs I hit anywhere near 31/31/31/31/31/31 on the adjacents.

I noticed that when I go into the Standard Seed Inspector, my parameters are correct, then Chosen Game reads "blank", and the only options are Black and White(various languages) and Black 2 (JP) White 2(JP).

Except that I've already indicated that I'm using Black 2 (Eng) on my DS Parameters screen. And that it worked fine with the other RNG methods(Dream Radar and Hidden Hollow Generation)

Is it the problem of PPRNG or is it Timer0 trolling me so hard I don't even know it?

So, yup. Thank you!

Hi Chiizu, really loving the updates.

I have no problems whatsoever with Dream Radar RNG and Hidden Hollow RNG.
However, when I'm attempting to RNG the IVs of something Stationary and/or within a Hidden Hollow, I seem to be able to repeatedly hit a set of IVs, but they're not what I want.

Let's say that I need 31/31/31/31/31/31. I will hit a seed for 13/13/13/13/13/13. If I keep retrying that seed, it'll keep giving me 13/13/13/13/13/13. I don't seem to see the IVs I hit anywhere near 31/31/31/31/31/31 on the adjacents.

I noticed that when I go into the Standard Seed Inspector, my parameters are correct, then Chosen Game reads "blank", and the only options are Black and White(various languages) and Black 2 (JP) White 2(JP).

Except that I've already indicated that I'm using Black 2 (Eng) on my DS Parameters screen. And that it worked fine with the other RNG methods(Dream Radar and Hidden Hollow Generation)

Is it the problem of PPRNG or is it Timer0 trolling me so hard I don't even know it?

So, yup. Thank you!
Hey there, just a quick question about your problem. Did you make sure to set your IV frame between 1~1 and not the default 1~? Because then that could explain hitting a different IV frame every time. Other than that I think it would just be Timer0 trolling. Also don't worry about the blank game slot, I'm pretty sure its just a glitch. The program still knows that you're using White 2 or Black 2.

Hey there, just a quick question about your problem. Did you make sure to set your IV frame between 1~1 and not the default 1~6? Because then that could explain hitting a different IV frame every time. Other than that I think it would just be Timer0 trolling. Also don't worry about the blank game slot, I'm pretty sure its just a glitch. The program still knows that you're using White 2 or Black 2.
Hm, I didn't set IV Frame to 1~1, because I was assuming 1~6 opened up more results. Would that help?
Because I really can keep hitting a seed consistently just not what I want, and I'm all..."what?"

Hm, I didn't set IV Frame to 1~1, because I was assuming 1~6 opened up more results. Would that help?
Because I really can keep hitting a seed consistently just not what I want, and I'm all..."what?"
Ahhh I see your problem. You are correct, leaving it at 1~6 would increase your results, but just like with PID frames you need to advance your IV frame as well. Take note though that you don't use chatot pitches to increase your IV frame, instead you can increase it by 1 by walking 128 steps with X amount of pokemon in your party. So if you walk 128 steps with 1 pokemon in your party it will increase your IV frame by 1, if you walk 128 with 2 pokemon it will increase by 2, etc... But, this method is very dangerous in the case of moving NPCs so I suggest only searching for your desired IVs from 1~1 as you will get those IVs if you hit your Timer0. Good luck!

Rattata in question. PID matches, it just has the wrong encounter slot.
Ummmm alright your case is very strange. To start off, you said that the closest ESV 8 or 10 frame you found was 18 frames away. I just double checked that and found and ESV 10 SYNC nature most likely female frame only 8 away. But also you said your area has no moving NPCs :/ Now I'm sure Chiizu could help you a bit more with your problem, but just try one time to stop your Chatot advancements on frame 143 and see if you hit 151. Hope that helps.

Scratch my reply, you're right the closest is 18 frames away. I forgot to account for ability, silly me. So yea I'd wait for a reply from Chiizu.

WOW I also just realized that the PID that pokecheck gives for your Rattata is 7BD77354 which is supposed to be the PID for your Grimer. So then this must be some sort of bug.

Ahhh I see your problem. You are correct, leaving it at 1~6 would increase your results, but just like with PID frames you need to advance your IV frame as well. Take note though that you don't use chatot pitches to increase your IV frame, instead you can increase it by 1 by walking 128 steps with X amount of pokemon in your party. So if you walk 128 steps with 1 pokemon in your party it will increase your IV frame by 1, if you walk 128 with 2 pokemon it will increase by 2, etc... But, this method is very dangerous in the case of moving NPCs so I suggest only searching for your desired IVs from 1~1 as you will get those IVs if you hit your Timer0. Good luck!
Yup, I am fully aware of that part. I'm hitting a seed with an IV Frame of 1! My problem isn't hitting the seed or advancing the frame, my problem here is that I seem to be hitting the wrong seed! XD

Yup, I am fully aware of that part. I'm hitting a seed with an IV Frame of 1! My problem isn't hitting the seed or advancing the frame, my problem here is that I seem to be hitting the wrong seed! XD
Okay if you're not hitting the correct seed, I'd suggest double checking that you have the date and time set correctly on your DS. Also take a look at Adjacents in the Standard Seed Inspector and mess around with the seconds value to see if you're not hitting the correct second. Other than that I think that's about all the advice I can give :( I wish you luck. :)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus

I'm pretty sure you are running version 1.14.0 after having run 1.14.1 and/or 1.14.2. Please delete all versions of PPRNG on your machine except 1.14.2. Then run your seed search again.

Nothing comes up when I hit search on the Standard Seed Searcher...not even the blue progress bar...is there a way to fix this?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Rattata in question. PID matches, it just has the wrong encounter slot.
Investigating this will probably have to wait until I get home. It's strange that your game version is blank, though. Can you tell me which game version and which location you are RNGing?

Nothing comes up when I hit search on the Standard Seed Searcher...not even the blue progress bar...is there a way to fix this?
Your screenshots are not visible / accessible. Please post your screenshots on one of the many free image hosting sites out there. I can't help you otherwise.

I'm pretty sure you are running version 1.14.0 after having run 1.14.1 and/or 1.14.2. Please delete all versions of PPRNG on your machine except 1.14.2. Then run your seed search again.
Hi Chiizu, I just tried this, but the problem still persists. Are there any 'hidden' folders I should be deleting?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Hi Chiizu, I just tried this, but the problem still persists. Are there any 'hidden' folders I should be deleting?
Could you please give me a screenshot of your Standard Seed Searcher or whichever searcher you are using that shows the search results that are giving you the problem?

I can tell you for a fact that if you were trying to use search results produced by 1.14.0 after you had already used 1.14.2, those search results will be wrong and will give you seeds that produce random IVs, so you definitely need to rerun the search with version 1.14.2.

Agonist

Investigating this will probably have to wait until I get home. It's strange that your game version is blank, though. Can you tell me which game version and which location you are RNGing?
W2, and I was RNGing in the Castelia Sewers, in a small room with a female scientist (the one who gives you different potions every day).

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
W2, and I was RNGing in the Castelia Sewers, in a small room with a female scientist (the one who gives you different potions every day).
I've taken a look at this seed, and from everything I can tell it should be slot 7 (the RNG value used is right in the middle of the slot 7 range, so it's not an edge case). The only possibilities I can imagine are:

1. You have a Pokemon in the lead of your party with an ability that somehow affects the encounter slots. Given that you have synchronize chosen, I guess that's not true.
2. You had some sort of power up from a Funfest or Entralink mission active that has some effect on what you encounter.
3. The encounter slots for that room are not correct.

Also, your screenshot identified a bug (inspectors are missing the non-Japanese b2w2 games from the version menu), so thanks.

Agonist

Nope, no Entralink/Funfest missions active or Pass Powers being used. And the encounter slots are correct for that room as well, I RNGed a Grimer with another seed in the same room.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Nope, no Entralink/Funfest missions active or Pass Powers being used. And the encounter slots are correct for that room as well, I RNGed a Grimer with another seed in the same room.
Sorry. Upon reinvestigation, I realized I had been looking at the wrong frame while stepping through in the debugger. It looks like this is hitting an edge case after all. It will take some further research to work out the correct ESV calculation, but what is currently there works correctly is the vast majority of cases (I can't give an actual percentage of cases where it's correct, but I would guess over 95%).

Agonist

Sorry. Upon reinvestigation, I realized I had been looking at the wrong frame while stepping through in the debugger. It looks like this is hitting an edge case after all. It will take some further research to work out the correct ESV calculation, but what is currently there works correctly is the vast majority of cases (I can't give an actual percentage of cases where it's correct, but I would guess over 95%).
Huh. Well, I got what I wanted, so no biggie. One last issue that I've noticed (a minor one) is that when searching for seeds, I get results higher than the max PID frame set (500), but generally only about fifty frames higher than the max limit set.

Huh. Well, I got what I wanted, so no biggie. One last issue that I've noticed (a minor one) is that when searching for seeds, I get results higher than the max PID frame set (500), but generally only about fifty frames higher than the max limit set.
500 does not represent the max. It really represents whatever the initial PID frame it plus 500. So if your starting frame is 51 the PID can be all the way up to 551.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)