Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the same problem as Derpitar. It's happened more than once now- the connection is lost and when I refresh I'm given my opponent's point of view and switching options, though I can still use moves normally. The first time this happened I was able to switch to Pokemon that had already fainted, which was problematic, this more recent time I only had two options, both of which were grayed out, and I was forced to resign.

Here's what I was seeing: http://imgur.com/SBXed

There seems to be an issue with damage not registering on some Pokemon and making battles completely unplayable. This is occurring in multiple battles, and has only just appeared, seemingly out of nowhere.

Taken from one of ginganinja's battles:
Turn 18
ginganinja: lol
Salamence used Dragon Claw!
The Dragon Gem strengthened Dragon Claw's power!
The foe's Lil wayne lost 0% of its health!
The foe's Lil wayne used Scald!
It's not very effective... Salamence lost 0% of its health!
The foe's Lil wayne restored HP using its Leftovers!
Salamence was hurt by its burn!
Turn 19
ClubbingSealCub joined.
Koaster: ???
Salamence used Dragon Claw!
The foe's Lil wayne lost 0% of its health!
The foe's Lil wayne used Scald!
It's not very effective... Salamence lost 0% of its health!
The foe's Lil wayne restored HP using its Leftovers!
Salamence was hurt by its burn!

It looks like the error is not just there, just look this:

And it happened to me two times on the battle, and the replay is not avaible because it say "hash mismatch" at the moment of requesting the replay, and well, that's it, really weird.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, it apparently started about 30-40 minutes before the making of this post. No clue what it is, but Zarel will be told ASAP.

Opponent's Perspective Glitch not fixed

That bug has been fixed as of the last server restart :)
No, but the glitch has changed. I had another instance of the bug after you said the server has restarted. It was when I clicked "Reconnect" in a UU battle. Instead of switching in 0% HP Pokemon, it said "[DEBUG] Can't switch. You switched in a fainted Pokemon". I first reported this glitch on page 35. Other people have also reported this glitch after the server restart.

Xlythe said:
This is probably already known, but... I disconnected during a game and when I rejoined I was playing from the opponents perspective. I could only send out pokemon that were alive and in the same "slot" as an opponent's available pokemon. I've had to forfeit a few games because of this.
That is what happened to me. But some of the Pokemon names were missing as well. Xlythe's post (with screenshot) is on page 36.

I had an OU battle hang recently -- the log explains: After selecting my move, the game would never move on, my chat wouldn't appear, and we both tried to kick each other, but failed.

Turn 15
Inactive players will forfeit in 180 seconds. (requested by AQuantumLeaf)
The restart or kick was interrupted by activity.
Inactive players will forfeit in 150 seconds. (requested by spoderman18)
Inactive players will forfeit in 90 seconds. (requested by spoderman18)
Inactive players will forfeit in 180 seconds. (requested by spoderman18)
Both players are inactive, so neither player was kicked.
Inactive players will forfeit in 150 seconds. (requested by AQuantumLeaf)
Both players are inactive, so neither player was kicked.

spoderman18 forfeited.
Etc, etc, etc

And yet, when I try to leave the game tells warns me that I'm going to forfeit.

Found a battle, won't let me join

For the past few battles I've tried to have, the simulator won't let me join the battles. I select my team(unless it's random), and am found a match. As soon as I enter the match, a little box that says "Enter" is there instead of mine, and the opposing team. THe biggest problem is, every time I click the box, no matter how many times, I simply can't join the match.
Does anybody know the solution to this problem?

EDIT: Also, some jack*** set the chat so only "+" or higher can chat. does anybody know why they did that?

hi, havent seen this bug in this thread, sorry if its already been reported, but this a pretty gamebreaking one. Anyways was playing a game of random battle and all was going normally until either my internet went down or the server reset. When I came back I was no longer viewing the battle from my half and couldnt switch to my pokemon, only the corresponding pokemon that ive seen on the opponents team. pretty strange as it was normal for my opponent. PM me if you need more specifics but here is the screen shot if it helps you visualize
http://s598.beta.photobucket.com/user/taiwandude/media/defuckitsabug.jpg.html

well I suck at reading, 3 people on the same page have had this bug, sorry to waste your time

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For the past few battles I've tried to have, the simulator won't let me join the battles. I select my team(unless it's random), and am found a match. As soon as I enter the match, a little box that says "Enter" is there instead of mine, and the opposing team. THe biggest problem is, every time I click the box, no matter how many times, I simply can't join the match.
Does anybody know the solution to this problem?

EDIT: Also, some jack*** set the chat so only "+" or higher can chat. does anybody know why they did that?
The issue was fixed by a server restart, which is why Moderated Chat (+) was set. You should refrain from insulting moderators for doing their job.

Alright, maybe this is a scoring bug. My rank was 1799 points on random ladder, then the VERY NEXT BATTLE NOT 10 MINUTES AFTER I had lost a battle (which didn't bother me much) and it said my score was 1791, and then I lost 4 points (thats fine) so its 1787.

Where did those 8 points go? My score couldn't have decreased by 8 points from inactivity within the matter of 10 minutes of active battling, could it?

Mr. Uncompetitive

That was when it all began.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, maybe this is a scoring bug. My rank was 1799 points on random ladder, then the VERY NEXT BATTLE NOT 10 MINUTES AFTER I had lost a battle (which didn't bother me much) and it said my score was 1791, and then I lost 4 points (thats fine) so its 1787.

Where did those 8 points go? My score couldn't have decreased by 8 points from inactivity within the matter of 10 minutes of active battling, could it?
Randomly the ladder does that. You will get the points you lost back if you finish another battle, but it still kinda annoying :/

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus

This is due to ladder decay, the way it works atm is at certain intervals throughout the week everyones points will drop and deviation will raise slightly. You just happened to be laddering at this certain time. You should gain more points then usual next time you win however to counteract this. This is so that the same person isn't at the top of the ladder forever when he never plays.

Disconnect bug

Whenever I disconnect and rejoin a battle, it shows my opponents pokemon instead of mine, but the moves are still mine. I sometimes can't switch out because it says "[DEBUG] Can't switch: You can't switch to a fainted pokemon."
Even though the pokemon is still alive.

Bullet Punch

I'm not sure if it's only Bullet Punch, but someone OUTSPED my Scizor's Bullet Punch with a Ninetales' Flamethrower. As you may know, Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, Quick Attack, Vacuum Wave and Aqua Jet always go first (unless your opponent uses Extremespeed or Fake Out). So yea. Sorry, didn't get the replay, didn't realize I needed that.

This happened when Destiny Bond took effect
Error parsing: -activate|p1a: Froslass|Destiny Bond
([object Array],[object Object])@http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battle.js?v0.7.17.17:3433 ("-activate|p1a: Froslass|Destiny Bond")@http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battle.js?v0.7.17.17:4205

I haven't played a single Little Cup battle in my entire life, yet typing /rank on my three alts says that I've apparently achieved extremely prodigious results in the tier on all involved names.

Hell, Misao's even at the top of the LC ladder:

Have I been hacked, or is this just a really weird bug that's affected my nicks?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I'm not sure if it's only Bullet Punch, but someone OUTSPED my Scizor's Bullet Punch with a Ninetales' Flamethrower. As you may know, Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, Quick Attack, Vacuum Wave and Aqua Jet always go first (unless your opponent uses Extremespeed or Fake Out). So yea. Sorry, didn't get the replay, didn't realize I needed that.
Most likely what happened is that you misclicked on something else when you meant to click on Bullet Punch, or lag accidentally registered the wrong move as being clicked.

If it was the lag thing, I have plans to fix that, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)