Call of Duty: Black Ops II

I heard Trent Reznor was doing the soundtrack, am I right on that? That would be really cool.

I fucking loved the first Black Ops (more so than almost any other FPS), and I'd really like to know how BO2 stacks up to the first game. What do you guys think?

Getting Blops 2 today, I heard smg's were pretty overpowered this true?
I don't think they're overpowered. They're good due to the cramped spaces and tight corridors these maps bring with them, but there are definitely scenarios where a rifle is the best thing to have.

I haven't fully completed the campaign yet (I think I'm getting towards the end), and I really like it so far. I like how it is a little less linear than previous campaign modes. Still linear, but less.

Also played my first few zombie matches with a friend. Getting used to the bus mechanics is gonna take a while, but I don't even mind, it's a lot of fun to just get used to new stuff again.

Nas

Banned deucer.
I just got the game yesterday and couldn't couldn't get on the multiplayer, nor could any of my friends who had telus as an internet service provider... $60 well spent so far.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah I was just playing and Xbox Live kicked me from their network...apparently there's too many people online or something....bs lol. I'm finding that leveling is super easy in this game, I know its double xp weekend but even before that it was pretty easy. Hardpoint and Kill Confirmed basically level me up every other match...and I'm level 54 atm lol.

Beat the Campaign, it's pretty good. Much better than previous campaigns, that's for sure. I still haven't played online yet, but I'm getting into Zombies again, and it really is a blast (pun intended). I still have no idea where to find perks, how to turn on the power or how to build all those tools, but discovering it all is a lot of fun. I also reached wave 21 on the Survival map Town, it's not exactly my Kino record, but then again, I haven't played in months.

This game fucking blows. The hit detection is god awful, it's inconsistent as fuck. And the connections? Terrible.

This game fucking blows. The hit detection is god awful, it's inconsistent as fuck. And the connections? Terrible.
That's interesting because I'm having the exact opposite experience. The hit detection is good, almost as good as MW2's was. My connections are consistently 4 bar except when someone on my floor has a wireless printer running.

Really? I have, until now, experienced no lag or bad hit detection. The game runs smooth, I don't get shot around walls, etc. Maybe it's your connection that fucking blows.

One thing, though: I'm having real trouble hearing enemy footsteps (even with Dead Silence or Awareness on), while my teammates sound like a fucking stampede. Anyone else experiencing that?

Really? I have, until now, experienced no lag or bad hit detection. The game runs smooth, I don't get shot around walls, etc. Maybe it's your connection that fucking blows.

One thing, though: I'm having real trouble hearing enemy footsteps (even with Dead Silence or Awareness on), while my teammates sound like a fucking stampede. Anyone else experiencing that?
If you haven't experienced bad hit detection, I assume you accept the fact that you miss half of your shots whenever you lose in a 1v1 gun fight. I have a 25/5 connection. Every game I'm in forces shifts in every player from 4 to 2 bars at some point. It's because of lag compensation, and it's hands down the stupidest thing you could ever include in a game. I shouldn't be forced to play on some 80 MS ping because the host is rocking DSL.

And why would you even expect to hear footsteps in this game?

If you haven't experienced bad hit detection, I assume you accept the fact that you miss half of your shots whenever you lose in a 1v1 gun fight. I have a 25/5 connection. Every game I'm in forces shifts in every player from 4 to 2 bars at some point. It's because of lag compensation, and it's hands down the stupidest thing you could ever include in a game. I shouldn't be forced to play on some 80 MS ping because the host is rocking DSL.

And why would you even expect to hear footsteps in this game?
Well, my experience with lag and connection so far has been pretty good, but apparently that's not the case for anyone.

Regarding the footsteps: if someone is running up behind you, you are expecting to hear some noise, don't you? Footsteps, whatever. There's a 200 lbs man, fully packed, running up to you. Of course you'd hear his footsteps. I may have to toy around with the sound settings for a bit, maybe that'll help.

Well, my experience with lag and connection so far has been pretty good, but apparently that's not the case for anyone.

Regarding the footsteps: if someone is running up behind you, you are expecting to hear some noise, don't you? Footsteps, whatever. There's a 200 lbs man, fully packed, running up to you. Of course you'd hear his footsteps. I may have to toy around with the sound settings for a bit, maybe that'll help.
My point was that Treyarch doesn't consider sound whoring fair, and after WaW they've been working to make it as balanced (useless) as possible.

My point was that Treyarch doesn't consider sound whoring fair, and after WaW they've been working to make it as balanced (useless) as possible.
That's true, but they did take the effort to put in Dead Silence and Awareness, two sound-related perks. I have yet to try if they work, but so far the footsteps don't do much for me. Perhaps a few hidden sound options will change that.

I am absolutely loving MSMC, such a great gun.
The Black hat is also amazing for a tactical equipment slot.

This is the class I'm using so far:

MSMC @ Silencer + Fast mags
No secondary
Flak Jacket
Cold Blooded
Tactical Mask + Engineer
C4
1x Black Hat

Currently first prestige level 28. Agreeing with Faint. Hit detection is super inconsistent. You can't run from gunfights on this game. Getting shot around the corner is super common.

After playing through about half of the campaign and spending quite a few hours on multiplayer, I can say that I have pretty mixed feelings about it.

For everyone that's had problems online with hit detection, I can completely agree that it's been pretty bad. I've had too many encounters where I've gotten the jump on the guy I'm trying to kill, make no mistakes, and still end up getting killed. Watching the kill cam, none of my bullets are hitting the dude. There's not any lag, and I'm aiming straight at the guy. I mean seriously, what the hell. I've also been shot from around corners like YTP said, and it was really frustrating. I also just can't seem to find a gun that I can be consistently good with, but I'm sure that if I play for a bit longer that I'll find something.

On the bright side, everything about the campaign has been brilliant so far, and I've extremely enjoyed it. Even better than the first Black Ops campaign.

I'm not a big fan of Zombies, but everyone I know says it's a lot better now than it used to be, so I might give it a shot.

As far as how good online play has been, I'd have to put the COD games I've played in this order: MW2 = BO > BO2 > MW > MW3 = WAW
So I mean, it's not ridiculously terrible, but I still don't really have a reason to play anything other than the campaign.

EDIT: I might be exaggerating a bit in that last comparison; I just really hate MW3.

Well if I said that I am not disappointed with how Treyarch made Zombies this year I'd be lying. I don't know, maybe it is because I loved it that much in the first Black Ops that I got so attached to it that I didn't want that to change? Even though that, I am enjoying multiplayer even though I suck and my kd is about 0.85 lol. Headglitching sucks.

Well if I said that I am not disappointed with how Treyarch made Zombies this year I'd be lying. I don't know, maybe it is because I loved it that much in the first Black Ops that I got so attached to it that I didn't want that to change? Even though that, I am enjoying multiplayer even though I suck and my kd is about 0.85 lol. Headglitching sucks.
Well, the smaller map, Green Run I believe, is still pretty similar to the old Zombies formula. I actually like the addition of TranZit, the bus mechanic and the fact that you have to build things add to the gameplay, in my opinion. There are more decisions to make: do I keep my turbine, or do I prefer this zombie shield? Do I take the bus, or do I stick around this shack for a while longer?

I think imma buy it (I mean... Zombies...)
Looking at one game alone, it's really a lot of fun, but when you've played through most of the franchise (me) it's quite boring.
Well, 80 pesos due to piracy. :3 Around 2 bucks in the US.

Well, the smaller map, Green Run I believe, is still pretty similar to the old Zombies formula. I actually like the addition of TranZit, the bus mechanic and the fact that you have to build things add to the gameplay, in my opinion. There are more decisions to make: do I keep my turbine, or do I prefer this zombie shield? Do I take the bus, or do I stick around this shack for a while longer?
Well I do hope they include a normal map like the ones in the first Black Ops. No lava, no bus, old characters, no shitty denizens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)