BW OU Suspect Testing Round 8 - Voter Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

congratulations to princess bri for easily being the biggest in-battle whiner during the testing period!

edit: i had a much meaner word in there but i dont want to be infracted while already owning one so nvm

Made Reqs as myself :)

EDIT: I just realised that I got requirements in exactly 100 battles total. My OCD is very pleased. ;)

I'm going to post this now so I don't lose it.This is for OU current.
I'll get started on the suspect ladder soon.
I saw a bunch of Genesects on the ladder and they were really annoying to face, especially since they were on like half of the teams I faced. Scarf sets can be annoying with U-Turn and Rock Polish sets can sweep teams. I'll probably post more once I play on the suspect ladder a bit.

Finally made it on both.

Gimmick

Electric potential

__

__

__

__

I used a Trick Room team based around Nasty Plot Slowking in OU Suspect. 'Twas fun p.p An underrated set indeed. Surprisingly, when I used that name, I actually started to hax other people. Go figure.

I learned a lot about the ladder system from this too. Protip (for anyone who needs to make reqs in the shortened deadline): You don't have to win all your battles. I made the mistake of trying extremely hard to win all my battles in OU Current, but that was unneeded stress and bore. If you don't get above a 2000 glicko2 in like 5 battles (even if you win all 5), you'll end up with a stagnant low glicko2. The fight to 2000 glicko2 is much harder than the fight to a 65 deviation depending on how you started. It's a good idea (from my experience) to keep restarting alts if you don't play higher rated people in the beginning. Once you have a really high glicko2 at the start (I went up to 2400 in only a couple of battles), it won't stray far from its standing even if you lose quite a bit. I mean, look at my W/L ratio in OU Suspect. I was able to afford losing 15 times and still have plenty of glicko2 to spare. So, just use a serious team for the first few matches to get a high glicko2, and then just have fun with it and test teams. It makes the experience much easier and significantly faster, probably because it's way more fun.

Also, I had nearly the exact same glicko2 and ACRE on both ladders, but my win/loss ratio was significantly different. I suppose more people had higher scores on OU Suspect, which is why my glicko2 and ACRE remained high through the duration of the laddering.

Should that (v) be going in the other thread?
Well. In OU Current, I saw all variations of teams. Weatherless offense, balance, stall. Rain offense, balance, stall. Sand offense, balance, stall. SUN-- you get the idea. BUT! Every team had a Genesect. Well, not every team, but the majority did. I personally don't have a problem with Genesect, but it's an undeniable fact that Rock Polish variants required me to play very differently (revenge killing MoxieMence with Scarf Keldeo's HP Ice is a no-no) and quite dangerously (ex: Thunder Waving a +1 SAtk Genesect with Ferrothorn. If it had gone for Flamethrower, I would have died. If it had gone for Rock Polish, I would have lost). Even though every team had a Genesect, though, they were all different. That's what made the difference.

In OU Suspect, probably every 2 to 3 teams was a rain offense team. And almost every single one of them had a Scarf Keldeo, lol. So many games were decided by speed ties with those ponies. And then Tornadus-T, Breloom, Thundurus-T, Ferrothorn, Jirachi, Tentacruel, etc etc etc. There just wasn't much variation in the Pokemon (even the sets!). I have to admit I was using typical rain offense in the beginning, but I got bored as shit. Like Lavos said, every game was Rain Offense vs Rain Offense. That's why I used Trick Room--so I wouldn't be bored as fudhkfhdjsdfuck. I'm not sure if the removal of Genesect caused this or just the fact that "better" players laddered on OU Suspect for the time being, but I can say I did not like it. The metagame was probably healthier with Genesect (at least with what I saw). I literally only saw 3 people with Sun teams (I believe Pocket, Dr. Dracc, and Pleasure), a few people with sand teams (lol Doom STOP WHIRLWINDING MY SLOWKING), and some weatherless. The rest was rain. Okay I'm done writing something nobody's going to read.

Well, I don't know if I have the patience to do this again but I got the reqs for OU Current.

I almost went through the same situation as Remedy but my loss only took me to 2003 +- 66. And yeah Gimmick, 69 and 67 deviation took 3 matches to get past them...

Finally, I gained new respect for the people who do this every single test. You have way more patience than I do xD

Lavos

Banned deucer.
finally done

really that took way too much of my time, every game was the same rain v. rain bs in suspect

not sure if i want to ban gene anymore, no question it's broken but the meta is so trash without it, it's all rain spam

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

124 total battles to qualify...which is about what we expected, so not too bad.

Not sure how I feel (as in voting) atm...but probably leaning toward Genesect is OU.

capra demon for ou current

and Manus for suspect

leaning toward genesect being broken, it can run multiple effective sets and can sweep you instantly if it has the right moves for your team. Also creates a very stale metagame and even though suspect is also boring its more diverse then ou atm

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
ban negro ginku for current

still working on suspect but close

ban mexican folg for suspect

That was quite an adventure. Hard to say which meta sucked more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)