5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

So I'm doing a Wild Capture RNG and wanted to clarify some things. I should be sticking with an IV frame of 1 for Min/Max? As for the encounter slots, as long as I look them up correctly and select the correct ones they will produce the desired Pokemon correct? For example I'm going to be doing Cryogonal on my Pokemon White, so I would choose encounter slots 8 & 10 to give myself a broader result. I believe the 8 would be solely for Winter while 10 would be for all the seasons. As for the PIDRNG frame what should I be looking for here? Is their a specific place in Twist Mountain that doesn't advance your PIDRNG frame? Hopefully someone can clear up a few things. And let me know if I'm missing anything.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So I'm doing a Wild Capture RNG and wanted to clarify some things. I should be sticking with an IV frame of 1 for Min/Max? As for the encounter slots, as long as I look them up correctly and select the correct ones they will produce the desired Pokemon correct? For example I'm going to be doing Cryogonal on my Pokemon White, so I would choose encounter slots 8 & 10 to give myself a broader result. I believe the 8 would be solely for Winter while 10 would be for all the seasons. As for the PIDRNG frame what should I be looking for here? Is their a specific place in Twist Mountain that doesn't advance your PIDRNG frame? Hopefully someone can clear up a few things. And let me know if I'm missing anything.
Yeah, that sounds about right. As for Twist Mountain, the bottom floor and several of the smaller tunnels don't have any WNPCs.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Just keep in mind that you need to boot the game 4 seconds (DSi), or 7 seconds (3DS) to hit your target seeds. Though that doesn't matter for calibration.

Hey guys, I am trying to RNG kyurem in white 1 (DSi, English). My target time is 21:48:10. When I type in 10 for the target seconds on EOn timer my time starts from 68:61 which is about 1 min. Won't this mess up my chances of hitting my target time? I got the same results twice. Here is the IV range: 18-19/25/8-9/4-5/10/13.

Btw, I am aiming for a flawless kyurem.
Thanks in advance.

My DS microphone is not working but chatot still learns a muted chatter. Will it advance the PID frame?

I finally succeeded in getting the flawless kyurem but still wondering about the muted chatot.

Hey guys, I am trying to RNG kyurem in white 1 (DSi, English). My target time is 21:48:10. When I type in 10 for the target seconds on EOn timer my time starts from 68:61 which is about 1 min. Won't this mess up my chances of hitting my target time? I got the same results twice. Here is the IV range: 18-19/25/8-9/4-5/10/13.

Btw, I am aiming for a flawless kyurem.
Thanks in advance.

My DS microphone is not working but chatot still learns a muted chatter. Will it advance the PID frame?

I finally succeeded in getting the flawless kyurem but still wondering about the muted chatot.
You just need to set your minute 1 before the Target minute. If you look closely it even says it to the left of where you input the seconds.

On another note. How does one go about RNG for Rustling Grass, Dust Clouds, & Rippling water? I'm at a loss as to how you go about making those appear?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, if you're walking in grass it advances the PIDRNG by two each time you take a step, or by two every time you turn without taking a step. Same with Surfing or cave encounters.

I am trying to get a timid flawless kyurem gut I ALWAYS get an adamant flawless instead, even though I am using a timid synchroniser. Is this due to PID advancement or do I have to try several times again?

Yeah, if you're walking in grass it advances the PIDRNG by two each time you take a step, or by two every time you turn without taking a step. Same with Surfing or cave encounters.
Ah okay. It seems I'll have to take into account my IV Frame as well as that'll advance once I take 128 steps correct?

So I've just tried to do it several more times with your advice in mind (the one-second offset). I've been getting the EXACT SAME pokemon each time (for each seed), with the same IVs/nature/species, but they're not the IV flawless Pokemon I'm looking for, so I'm guessing something must be systematically wrong with the way I'm doing this (or else I wouldn't get the same Pokemon with the same stats/nature every single time). It's either the calibration is off, or I'm doing something wrong starting the game. But I feel like I've followed the instructions. Is it likely that the calibration is off?

EDIT: I've done around 10 calibrations, and I get the exact same seeds in Time Finder. :(
I'm also getting this result. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work? I'm just trying to RNG a Mesprit (as a test) for IVs before I move on to the gift Eevee. Any help would be very much appreciated.
EDIT: I'm using a DS Lite on White 2. Nothing useful in adjacent seeds.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I am trying to get a timid flawless kyurem gut I ALWAYS get an adamant flawless instead, even though I am using a timid synchroniser. Is this due to PID advancement or do I have to try several times again?
PID advancements. Paste the seed in the main window, select gen 5 pidrng, stationary, and click on calculate initial pidrng. Remember to select the syncronizer as well. Click generate. Look for a frame that yields timid and calculate how many frames you need to advance from there.

Ah okay. It seems I'll have to take into account my IV Frame as well as that'll advance once I take 128 steps correct?
The iv frame advances every 128th step right, remember that it advances by how many pokemon you have on your party.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Roaming Thundurus can only be RNGed if you did not release it beforehand, right?
You can rng it from the e4, but only for shininess and nature. If you want to rng ivs, then no.
Basically, once it's roaming everything is set. The the only thing you can do is faint it and rng it from the e4, but you won't be able to rng ivs.
I'm also getting this result. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work? I'm just trying to RNG a Mesprit (as a test) for IVs before I move on to the gift Eevee. Any help would be very much appreciated.
EDIT: I'm using a DS Lite on White 2. Nothing useful in adjacent seeds.
I don't quite understand what's going on, could you explain in your own words what are you doing, how are you doing it and what exactly is going wrong? Screenshots are also welcome.

How do I know what my dominant timer0 is? I've calibrated about 30 times and I'm getting mixed messages... Is my dominant Timer 0 10F2 or 10F3? Or can I safely use (10F2-10F3) as my range when rnging from now on?

11x 10F2
10x 10F3
4x 10F4
4x 10F5
1x 10F6

The iv frame advances every 128th step right, remember that it advances by how many pokemon you have on your party.
I'm assuming this would be hard to predict as the phenomenons don't always occur at specific steps? Or should I just keep resetting to hope I encounter a phenomenon within the 128 steps?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
How do I know what my dominant timer0 is? I've calibrated about 30 times and I'm getting mixed messages... Is my dominant Timer 0 10F2 or 10F3? Or can I safely use (10F2-10F3) as my range when rnging from now on?

11x 10F2
10x 10F3
4x 10F4
4x 10F5
1x 10F6
I would just go with both and if for some reason the one you're using stops showing up, while the other keeps a constant deviation, I would switch to the other.

Is B/W2 RNG any easier or more difficult on a DS Lite than on the original DS?
I find it to be easier on the original, but I guess it depends on how use you are to the console.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)