1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Champloo

Champloo

Alright awesome! Thanks for the feedback. Time to get on this :)
  2. Mo96

Mo96

How many timer0's does a DSi have?
  3. Xen

Xen

Depends on which game you're using.

B&W = 2
    B&W2 = 6, more or less
  4. Mo96

Mo96

Let me rephrase that.
    How many timer0's are there for a DSi and 3DS if I use B/W1 to RNG abuse?
  5. Mo96

Mo96

Thanks
  6. Xen

Xen

Just keep in mind that you need to boot the game 4 seconds (DSi), or 7 seconds (3DS) to hit your target seeds. Though that doesn't matter for calibration.
  7. Mo96

Mo96

Hey guys, I am trying to RNG kyurem in white 1 (DSi, English). My target time is 21:48:10. When I type in 10 for the target seconds on EOn timer my time starts from 68:61 which is about 1 min. Won't this mess up my chances of hitting my target time? I got the same results twice. Here is the IV range: 18-19/25/8-9/4-5/10/13.

Btw, I am aiming for a flawless kyurem.
    Thanks in advance.

My DS microphone is not working but chatot still learns a muted chatter. Will it advance the PID frame?

I finally succeeded in getting the flawless kyurem but still wondering about the muted chatot.
  8. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

It still works. The only thing is that you won't be able to see what frame you're on.
  9. Champloo

Champloo

You just need to set your minute 1 before the Target minute. If you look closely it even says it to the left of where you input the seconds.

On another note. How does one go about RNG for Rustling Grass, Dust Clouds, & Rippling water? I'm at a loss as to how you go about making those appear?
  10. Mo96

Mo96

Releasing roamer pokemon increases the PID range by how much?
  11. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

You have to walk until one appears.

Either 1 or 2, I don't recall exactly.
  12. Champloo

Champloo

O_o...so I'm assuming the PIDRNG advances as you do this? I have yet to even look up spreads like this so I really have no idea how it works. I guess I'll get more from it when I actually try it.
  13. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

Yeah, if you're walking in grass it advances the PIDRNG by two each time you take a step, or by two every time you turn without taking a step. Same with Surfing or cave encounters.
  14. Mo96

Mo96

I am trying to get a timid flawless kyurem gut I ALWAYS get an adamant flawless instead, even though I am using a timid synchroniser. Is this due to PID advancement or do I have to try several times again?
  15. Champloo

Champloo

Ah okay. It seems I'll have to take into account my IV Frame as well as that'll advance once I take 128 steps correct?
  16. Murgatron

Murgatron

I'm also getting this result. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work? I'm just trying to RNG a Mesprit (as a test) for IVs before I move on to the gift Eevee. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    EDIT: I'm using a DS Lite on White 2. Nothing useful in adjacent seeds.
  17. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

PID advancements. Paste the seed in the main window, select gen 5 pidrng, stationary, and click on calculate initial pidrng. Remember to select the syncronizer as well. Click generate. Look for a frame that yields timid and calculate how many frames you need to advance from there.

The iv frame advances every 128th step right, remember that it advances by how many pokemon you have on your party.
  18. Mo96

Mo96

Roaming Thundurus can only be RNGed if you did not release it beforehand, right?
  19. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

You can rng it from the e4, but only for shininess and nature. If you want to rng ivs, then no.
    Basically, once it's roaming everything is set. The the only thing you can do is faint it and rng it from the e4, but you won't be able to rng ivs.
    I don't quite understand what's going on, could you explain in your own words what are you doing, how are you doing it and what exactly is going wrong? Screenshots are also welcome.
  20. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

How do I know what my dominant timer0 is? I've calibrated about 30 times and I'm getting mixed messages... Is my dominant Timer 0 10F2 or 10F3? Or can I safely use (10F2-10F3) as my range when rnging from now on?

11x 10F2
    10x 10F3
    4x 10F4
    4x 10F5
    1x 10F6
  21. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Is B/W2 RNG any easier or more difficult on a DS Lite than on the original DS?
  22. Champloo

Champloo

I'm assuming this would be hard to predict as the phenomenons don't always occur at specific steps? Or should I just keep resetting to hope I encounter a phenomenon within the 128 steps?
  23. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

I would just go with both and if for some reason the one you're using stops showing up, while the other keeps a constant deviation, I would switch to the other.

I find it to be easier on the original, but I guess it depends on how use you are to the console.
  24. JRank

JRank
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I downloaded RNG Reporter on a new computer last night, entered in my profile information, and got this message. Today I deleted the RNG .zip file, re-downloaded, and did the same thing. Same error message. What is the problem/how can I fix it?

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

edit: and the embedding apparently doesn't work, here is the link http://imgur.com/jcJ39

edit 2: fixed and in hide tags
  25. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Neither is any easier than the other to hit a seed on though, correct?

For that matter, aside from the lack of a seconds hand on the DSi/DSi XL/3DS/3DS XL menu clock necessitating an external timer, is the addition of more possible Timer0 values the only thing that makes it any easier to hit a seed on 1 model of DS than another?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)