5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Anyone please? I tried to do it like I did in White but I couldn't get the desired ID.
ID/SID abuse is pretty much the same as it is in White, so you probably just missed your timer0. You'll have to try a few times to find the starting frame of your seed, and it'll probably take you multiple tries after that to re-hit the seed and advance properly.

How can I check the legitimacy of a Pokemon? Another question.
Is cloning an illicit way of getting multiple copies of a pokemon and will it affect the game/console in any way?
Thanks in advance.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
How can I check the legitimacy of a Pokemon? Another question.
Is cloning an illicit way of getting multiple copies of a pokemon and will it affect the game/console in any way?
Thanks in advance.
You should bring questions not related to the RNG to the Simple Questions / Simple Request thread, but anyways, most people use pokecheck as like some say "it's better than Nintendo's checker". Anyways, cloning, if done correctly will not affect your game or console. However, using bad cheat codes might corrupt your game sometimes, just be smart and do it the right way.

I just ID abused my White 2 with an ID of 10000 and an SID of 16750. I'm trying to find a shiny hidden power fire Petilil with ability 0 (chlorophyll). I tried iv frames 1-6, PID frame 50-500, four held buttons, and 11/30/2010-11/30/2020. 3 Timer 0s it hits often. Encounter slots 1, 5, 8, 10--every single lead ability. I have NEVER had this much trouble finding a seed before. Do I need to find myself a new id combination? Could someone help me properly find a shiny modest/syncable HP Fire Petilil seed with the id 10000? I initially thought i did use a seed with the proper ivs to base around the ID and checked the shiny box!

Abusing IDs only works when you start a new game, right? Is it not easier to RNG shiny pokemon by using time finder instead of abusing IDs?

I am trying to RNG a shiny flawless timid Deino hatchling. I am using a flawless ditto as the mother and a flawless timid deino as the father ( holding the everstone. I always hit my target time but I have never been able to hit the target PID frame. Plus, when I open up the adjacent seed tool, to know where I went wrong, it says that I have to capture a pokemon immediately after I acquire the egg to confirm my seed. How can I do that when the grass is not very close to the Day-Care man? I am using B1 and a DSi.

I am trying to RNG a shiny flawless timid Deino hatchling. I am using a flawless ditto as the mother and a flawless timid deino as the father ( holding the everstone. I always hit my target time but I have never been able to hit the target PID frame. Plus, when I open up the adjacent seed tool, to know where I went wrong, it says that I have to capture a pokemon immediately after I acquire the egg to confirm my seed. How can I do that when the grass is not very close to the Day-Care man? I am using B1 and a DSi.
Fly to the Victory Road, walk inside the cave and use Sweet Scent. The Pokémon you encounter (and catch) should be on IV frames 14-20 (It was almost always 14 for me). If it isn't, you didn't hit your seed.

I would like rng dreamradar tornadus, but I don't know how it works and I don't have a mac. So I would really appreciate it, if someone is so nice to help me out :D

I would like rng dreamradar tornadus, but I don't know how it works and I don't have a mac. So I would really appreciate it, if someone is so nice to help me out :D
Then, as you probably realize, you'll need somebody nice enough with a Mac to do all the searching for you, since you can't do it by yourself on Windows yet. I think religiousjedi was offering to help people, if you get on the IRC channel.

Hey guys. I caught my roamer in Black 1 and I wanted to know if I should check the roamer released checkbox on the main menu, to get an accurate result for my Initial PIDRNG frame. Thanks :)

RNG Reporter doesn't directly support the feature yet, but I have started to write a guide on how to use the researcher function to achieve the same results if you're interested in doing it that way.
Hopefully this will be able to help: http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?groupid=2095

If I caught the roamer on BW should I check the roamer released box? I have been trying to RNG a shiny litwick with no luck as of yet and I think this could be the problem. There are some NPCs in the 2nd floor of celestial tower. Do they advance the PID frame? Desperately need the answers to the previous two questions. Thank in advance.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
No, the "roamer released" box is only if Tornadus/Thundurus are released into the wild. Yours aren't. I would advise RNGing on the top floor of Celestial Tower. There are no NPCs there.

RNG Reporter doesn't directly support the feature yet, but I have started to write a guide on how to use the researcher function to achieve the same results if you're interested in doing it that way.
Hopefully this will be able to help: http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?groupid=2095
I really appreciate this, though I guess I need to switch out my DS Lite for 3DS and refind parameters.

I'm curious about what I've heard about using EonTimer to hit Timer0s more accurately in BW2. My understanding of Timer0 is limited, but my impression was that it wasn't like in Gen 4 where actually hitting within a specific part of a second was important. If I'm wrong and I need to be using EonTimer to more precisely hit my time for the right Timer0, where do I put in the necessary information to hit that Timer0? I don't tend to hit the wrong second, and I don't understand the calibration number in Gen 5.

EDIT: Also, are the Dream Radar's Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus considered gendered Pokémon? (Since their gender is invariable; I want to make sure so I don't screw up)

No, the "roamer released" box is only if Tornadus/Thundurus are released into the wild. Yours aren't. I would advise RNGing on the top floor of Celestial Tower. There are no NPCs there.
I tried SSing there but got a message saying "There appears to be nothing here." Explanation please.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sorry, I forgot that was an issue. I believe the NPCs on the 3rd and 4th floors move in a predictable pattern, so they shouldn't affect your RNGing.

Hey guys, 2 questions here:

1- How does Shiny Charm affects RNG?
2- Where can i find a list of WNPC-free places to RNG?

Thanks for writing that. It's very helpful, and seems to match with all the info in the research thread.

That said, I haven't been able to get anywhere with any seeds I've tried. All the spinner sequences are nowhere near any of the adjacent timer0 values for any of the seeds. I was wondering if it was an issue with the researcher window, but testing seeds from chiizu's calibration guide all work correctly. So, it might be just a localized issue with my game, though I don't know what the problem might be.

If anybody has any ideas, that would be great.

Also, are the Dream Radar's Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus considered gendered Pokémon? (Since their gender is invariable; I want to make sure so I don't screw up)
I would say yes, since the guide states their PID frame is equal to the initial + 7. Looking at the previous paragraph, it says the PID frame for a slot 2 Pokemon (which is how the therians are generated) is an additional 5 * the number of slots before the target, which matches up with adding 7 to the initial PID frame.

Thanks for writing that. It's very helpful, and seems to match with all the info in the research thread.

That said, I haven't been able to get anywhere with any seeds I've tried. All the spinner sequences are nowhere near any of the adjacent timer0 values for any of the seeds. I was wondering if it was an issue with the researcher window, but testing seeds from chiizu's calibration guide all work correctly. So, it might be just a localized issue with my game, though I don't know what the problem might be.

If anybody has any ideas, that would be great.
How are you checking adjacent timer0s? The Unova Link Calibration option in RNG Reporter is still broken, as is the Simple Seed generator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 31)