5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

1- How does Shiny Charm affects RNG?
From what I understand PPRNG supports it, but if you're on RNGR you use the syncability and encounter slot of the frame you're on, if that PID isn't shiny the game rerolls to the next PID, if that one isn't shiny it rerolls to the next PID and then generates the Pokemon.

How are you checking adjacent timer0s? The Unova Link Calibration option in RNG Reporter is still broken, as is the Simple Seed generator.
I used the adjacent seed tool (in the time finder) to find the seeds for the adjacent timer0s, then found the spinner sequences by using the same method as my target timer0. I figured that would work, but maybe I'm wrong.

funeral cake said:
I would say yes, since the guide states their PID frame is equal to the initial + 7. Looking at the previous paragraph, it says the PID frame for a slot 2 Pokemon (which is how the therians are generated) is an additional 5 * the number of slots before the target, which matches up with adding 7 to the initial PID frame.
Thanks! I got Tornadus with this instruction.

I guess the non-therian legends are all +6 then, due to being genderless?

EDIT: Thanks, I'm glad I asked.

I used the adjacent seed tool (in the time finder) to find the seeds for the adjacent timer0s, then found the spinner sequences by using the same method as my target timer0. I figured that would work, but maybe I'm wrong.
Strange. That should work. Shame that Slashmolder is so busy, otherwise maybe he could help explain it. Or chiizu, if it's not Reporter-specific.

Thanks! I got Tornadus with this instruction.

I guess the non-therian legends are all +6 then, due to being genderless?
Apparently all the legendaries count as gendered.

Thanks! I got Tornadus with this instruction!
Sure, happy to help. Good to know this method works. Now if only I could get it working...

Strange. That should work. Shame that Slashmolder is so busy, otherwise maybe he could help explain it. Or chiizu, if it's not Reporter-specific.
Hm, I guess I was on the right track, then. I'm wondering if maybe there's some conflict because I've sent over the challenge key to this game. I haven't used memory link or anything else yet, so I don't know what else might be causing these discrepancies. Something is definitely wrong, though.

At this point I'm probably just gonna ask my sister if I can borrow her Mac when she gets back from college next week. I've waited long enough to RNG all my DR stuff...

Hm, I guess I was on the right track, then. I'm wondering if maybe there's some conflict because I've sent over the challenge key to this game. I haven't used memory link or anything else yet, so I don't know what else might be causing these discrepancies. Something is definitely wrong, though.

At this point I'm probably just gonna ask my sister if I can borrow her Mac when she gets back from college next week. I've waited long enough to RNG all my DR stuff...
No, it's not that, since I'm having similar problems and I haven't sent a key over. No Memory Link, have a save, and everything.

I wonder if UL calibration being broken is due to the spinner calculation itself being bugged in 9.96.5, which would generate wrong results for all the seeds, even for this. But then nobody'd be able to get it working. :/

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of having somebody nearby with a Mac, so my choices are really either to keep waiting or figure this out. And, as you said, the wait's been long enough already...

Well, that's interesting... I wonder what the problem is. Glad to know I'm not the only one having issues.

I'm pretty much out of ideas. My next best guess would be that the bitshifting is incorrect, but like you said, it doesn't explain why we can't get it working and other people can.

It's either that or the seeds are being generated differently somehow. I think in a bit I'll try finding the IVs of one of the Pokemon and see if I even hit an adjacent seed.

Edit: So I transferred this Riolu over and found I got the seed using timer0 10F3, where I was aiming for 10F5.

Researcher says the spinner sequence should be 425631220, but the one I got was 431633753. I'll look into it and see if I can get researcher to give me the correct one.

Target (10F5): 8B29CBA9C1F98D84
Hit (10F3): C643C8E32E33C473

It looks like the guide was wrong, and that we're supposed to begin looking for the spinner sequence at the starting frame, not the frame after. I was able to find my adjacent seed spinners using this method, so now it's just a matter of me hitting my seed again so I can make sure.

Also, the nature frame was on 75, which was 19 away from the starting frame. According to the guide, it should have been 20 away. Again, I will check this with the Riolu I get when I hit my seed.

Edit: And we have SUCCESS! The PID frame for this one was 19 away from the starting frame, too. I'm not sure how this will factor into legendaries, but at least we've got the seed confirmation working now.

Hmm...interesting. It's almost like our games are acting as though we already did Memory Link when we haven't... Still, it makes sense, considering how these methods normally work. Looking at my target that way I did indeed get that spinner result a few times. >.< If this is true, this actually works out better for me, though, since the PID frame before my current target is even better, and the resulting IVs should stay the same either way.

EDIT: It's the same with the Therians. Target PID was Timid but ended up with Modest, one frame earlier. Still...

SO GLAD THAT THIS WORKS!!!!!

If I the Ivs I entered for the mother or/and father were relatively wrong (Breeding abuse), will the seed and PID I am trying to hit be wrong?

Separate question:
Sometimes, when I go to time finder and generate results the time finder progress box appears but it does not respond. All the seeds appear after some time,though. It's just that you can't know if it's searching or not.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If I the Ivs I entered for the mother or/and father were relatively wrong (Breeding abuse), will the seed and PID I am trying to hit be wrong?
No, but the inherited IVs could be different than what reporter says you'll get.

Are the frame advancements caused by WNPCs on route 3 fixed for every different seed? Let's say I got an abused egg and I deduced that WNPCs increased my Initial frame by 2 for that seed I had hit. Will it be 2 as well for a different breeding seed?

Another question:
If I need to advance the IV frame as well as the PID frame, I need to calculate PID advancements according to this:
Walking or turning in an area with wild Pokemon increases frame advances 2 per step.

However, If I am in an area where there are no wild pokemon and no NPCs, such as Virizion's in B1, 1 step= no PID advancements and the PID can only be advanced by chatter or saving.

Please correct me if there are any mistakes/

Researcher says the spinner sequence should be 425631220, but the one I got was 431633753. I'll look into it and see if I can get researcher to give me the correct one.
Can I ask what your initial PID frame for the seed C643C8E32E33C473 is? On my version of reporter it is 56, which after reducing by 2 rather than 1, corresponds with the spinner sequence that you did get. There may be some variation in the initial offset.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Do WNPCs advance the PID frame while you're using chatter to advance it?
WNPCs stop while the menu is up, however, they could advance it during that small window when you pull down the menu and talk to the pokemon. If you are just going to sweet scent, no.

Are the frame advancements caused by WNPCs on route 3 fixed for every different seed?
No.

Can I ask what your initial PID frame for the seed C643C8E32E33C473 is? On my version of reporter it is 56, which after reducing by 2 rather than 1, corresponds with the spinner sequence that you did get. There may be some variation in the initial offset.
If you read the following posts, you'll see that we already figured that out. I'm pretty sure it's because our games are acting like we've already done Memory Link even though we haven't, as I later tried to abuse on a seed with a listed initial frame of 55, but found that I was somehow actually starting on frame 43, which was the initial frame after Memory Link.

I have been trying for ages to get a shiny flawless timid deino but I always end up advancing my frame by 1, which leads to the following question.

My target PID frame is 63, seed is D12FDB91013A8B33 and I am playing black 1 on a DSi. My initial frame is 48. Can 1 chatter advance the PID frame by 2 where there are WNPCs? I have noticed this happens when I am in the process of determining which chatot pitch I am on.

Side question:
Who discovered RNG?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)