5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

You RNG IVs for Hidden Grotto Pokémon the same was as a stationary Pokémon/wild Pokémon. The only things that are set when they initially appear in the hollow are species and gender.
Where do your target IVs come into play when selecting your seed? You search for seeds based on slots, subslots, gender, and gender ratio.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Where do your target IVs come into play when selecting your seed? You search for seeds based on slots, subslots, gender, and gender ratio.
That's only to RNG the species/gender. Once the Pokémon has been generated inside the hollow, you can then save and RNG the IVs/nature just like any other stationary (except it has its own PIDRNG type).

How can I check the legitimacy of a pokemon? I upload some onto pokecheck but I can't see anything that indicates that they are hacked. Please help. Thanks in advance

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
How can I check the legitimacy of a pokemon? I upload some onto pokecheck but I can't see anything that indicates that they are hacked. Please help. Thanks in advance
Pokecheck is the best thing out there to check a pokemon; if it doesn't tell you otherwise, then the pokemon is most likely legit.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
1.Yes
2. Someone already gave you the answer
Memory Link results in the same or fewer PIDRNG advancements compared to when it has not been performed, never additional advancements. The actual difference depends on the seed.

For Entralink RNG abuse, is there a secondary timer (not Eon/Zomgtimer) with milliseconds countdown capability that is good? I've tried to search online, but most of the stuff I've found are javascripts or code, and not the actual gui. Thanks.

Edit: nvm. for those curious, EonTimer has this capability, where you can set a custom countdown. Just make sure to convert time to milliseconds.

Do the NPCs in Alder's house (Black2) advance the PID frame? I thought that since they are fixed they wouldn't. I want to RNG the shiny gift gible.

Probably a stupid question, but I'd like to validate assumption. As long as you have the 'Dream World Ability Only' box checked & have a DW Ability female in the day-care at the ready, the seeds that are output will yield the hidden ability correct?

Here's an odd one:

Seed: 6E2CEC682B5037B8

-Starting Frame of 53, with or without Memory Link
-Confirm seed with Chatot
-Aiming for frame 69
-Chatter a total of 16 times
-Confirm Chatter pattern
-Catch target (LV35 Volcarona)
-Has the right IVs
-Comes out Naive, Mischievous, Male
-Closest option is Frame 67
-Next possible frame is 136
-Happened twice

EDIT:
-Try again with 18 Chatters
-Land on target of 69, despite Chatters leading to 71

TL;DR: 69-53=18, apparently.

Here's an odd one:

Seed: 6E2CEC682B5037B8

-Starting Frame of 53, with or without Memory Link
-Confirm seed with Chatot
-Aiming for frame 69
-Chatter a total of 16 times
-Confirm Chatter pattern
-Catch target (LV35 Volcarona)
-Has the right IVs
-Comes out Naive, Mischievous, Male
-Closest option is Frame 67
-Next possible frame is 136
-Happened twice

EDIT:
-Try again with 18 Chatters
-Land on target of 69, despite Chatters leading to 71

TL;DR: 69-53=18, apparently.
Check your version and encounter type, Mischievous Naive Male shows up on frames 69 and 138 for me on 9.96.5.

Can trainers have the same ID, regardless of SID/TID abuse? SID/TID abuse can only be done when starting a new game, as shown in kaphotic's BW RNG Manipulation guide, correct?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Can trainers have the same ID, regardless of SID/TID abuse? SID/TID abuse can only be done when starting a new game, as shown in kaphotic's BW RNG Manipulation guide, correct?
yes, you can abuse the ID / SID to be the same as the previous. If that's what's you're asking

Yes (technically, but it's nearly impossible without abuse) and yes.

1000x easier. Record number of chatters it took to get desired frame, RNG and
ID/SID, repeat the number of chatters for the first result, collect shiny.
How can you do that when you can only ID/SID abuse when you start a new game?

I am aiming for a shiny flawless timid tornadus. I still have not deleted my save file to make sure I do not make any mistakes when SID/ID abusing to get the tornadus.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How can you do that when you can only ID/SID abuse when you start a new game?

I am aiming for a shiny flawless timid tornadus. I still have not deleted my save file to make sure I do not make any mistakes when SID/ID abusing to get the tornadus.
You're still using the same seed when you restart.

1000x easier. Record number of chatters it took to get desired frame, RNG and
ID/SID, repeat the number of chatters for the first result, collect shiny.
Are you saying play through the game (before RNGing my ID/SID) until I get to Tornadus/Thundurus, RNG it non-shiny but with the desired IVs and nature, figure out exactly what PID frame I ended up with, delete my save, RNG my ID/SID to make that frame shiny, then play through the game again until I get to Tornadus/Thundurus, and RNG it as a shiny by performing the same number of Chatters as last time?

Is that really necessary? I figured I could just RNG my ID/SID to create a shiny frame in a suitable range (one that wouldn't be too low due to the weather and NPC advancements during the cutscene, but not too high either), then only play through the game once, get to Tornadus/Thundurus, find my SSF, and Chatter to my target shiny frame from there. Will this not work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)