1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Agonist

Agonist This god that I worship, this demon I blame
    is a Forum Moderator

Did you input the correct IVs for the parents?
  2. Mo96

Mo96

I am not really sure, no.
  3. Mo96

Mo96

Does anyone know where I can find a guide for RNGing pokemon found in ruslting grass or swirling dust. I want to RNG a flawless drilbur/excadrill.
  4. kiddu

kiddu

Actually, I wasn't referring to the initial frame offsets on that, but to the extra PID advancement that supposedly vanishes after Memory Linking, which'd explain the results funeral_cake and I were getting. That other seed (which was a different seed, of course) having the very different initial frame is just what confirmed it for me. Most seeds I've run show the same initial frame either way, but that one didn't, and is what tipped me off to check.

I have two games. It happens on both. Neither have even connected to a BW1 game through Union Room, nor Dream World. They haven't even connected to each other. Either something very weird is going on, or there's more to the RNG on this than has been discovered thus far.
  5. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

Does someone have a list of npcless locations in BW2? I know Castelia Park is one of them and Route 23 as well.
  6. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

7. Mo96

Mo96

I have to find a cave spot first, save and then try RNging, right?
  8. Xen

Xen

Dust clouds will disappear once you turn your game off. You'll have to compensate for it with steps.
  9. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

No. You have to walk around until you find a dust spot, then RNG it from there.
  10. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

Does adding Challenge Mode to White 2 change your parameters at all or cause your frames to change?
  11. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

It doesn't change anything.
  12. funeral_cake

funeral_cake

Just as a follow-up to this, I had the same issue when I was RNGing a Magnemite. I can't remember the exact details, but it definitely seemed as if the game was acting like I had memory linked, though I wasn't sure if it was due to the moving NPCs in the area. At the time I figured it was because I had given myself the challenge key, which acted like memory link, but that doesn't explain why you are having the same issues.

I was able to RNG the kami trio as well (though I massively screwed up on Tornadus by miscounting the times I had to spin...) and they all acted like I had done memory link, too. Very interesting indeed. Now to see what happens in my B2 game where I've actually done the memory link...
  13. Silverwarp

Silverwarp

Interesting. It seems that you CAN use Sweet Scent in the Giant Chasm - Plains area. It doesn't get rid of the fog unfortunately, but while Team Plasma is there with the frigate, you can use Sweet Scent. So, unfortunately, for those that want to RNG after the fact, there doesn't seem to be any way around it. I tested it a few times to make sure I wasn't doing something weird.

Well, when I activated Challenge Mode in Black 2, it seems that my Timer0 shifted. I don't know exactly what it is, but where on the milliseconds I would hit to get a specific timer0 felt different than what it was before. I still get a Timer0 in the range of 1103 - 1107, but certain Timer0s become more common (particularly 1103).
  14. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

For anyone wanting to abuse Hidden Grotto Encounters we just uploaded a new guide on just that, so if you were wondering about it/had any questions take a look here http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/hidden_grotto_abuse any further questions should of course be kept to this thread.
  15. Degrat

Degrat

Regarding NPCs that advance frames. Does this only refer to NPCs that 'walk', or is 'turning in place' able to advance frames as well?
  16. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Any movement from an NPC that is unpredictable advances the PRNG.
  17. Spoit

Spoit

So what's a good minimum level (or area in white 2) to try to find your parameters with?
  18. Ashenlock

Ashenlock

I use the last cave room in Victory Road. If you're trying to do it very early in the game, you could catch a bunch of Pokémon and send them to Pokecheck to find their IVs.
  19. Mo96

Mo96

Do keypresses help maintain the timer0? I am trying to RNG a flawless timid reshiram on a DSi (White2) with no results so far.
  20. funeral_cake

funeral_cake

Keypresses have no effect on the timer0. Just keep at it, since that's pretty much all you can do.
  21. jp134711

jp134711

Hi guys, I'm trying to adapt BW2 Entralink RNG for use in RNGReporter. I'm quite confused as to where to start because Entralink RNG no longer uses C-Gear Seeds. How do I go about finding my seed and the timing associated with it?
  22. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Is it impossible to RNG IVs with Hidden Grotto Pokémon?
  23. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Jack of All Trades

You RNG IVs for Hidden Grotto Pokémon the same was as a stationary Pokémon/wild Pokémon. The only things that are set when they initially appear in the hollow are species and gender.
  24. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Where do your target IVs come into play when selecting your seed? You search for seeds based on slots, subslots, gender, and gender ratio.
  25. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

That's only to RNG the species/gender. Once the Pokémon has been generated inside the hollow, you can then save and RNG the IVs/nature just like any other stationary (except it has its own PIDRNG type).

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)