Ask an Uber Question, Get an Uber Answer (Read FAQs in First Post Before Asking)

CCAT stands for "Community Create a Team". It's sortof like a much more streamlined version of CAP where a theme is chosen and discussion and votes on team members ensue, followed by a playtest. If you're not comfortable with running the process, (no implications or anything but it's a pretty large undertaking) I'd be happy to get a thread started.

Genesect, Arceus-Ghost, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina-O, and Lati@s are the ones I can think of off of the top of my head. Probably more, though, but they vary depending on what weather you're running and other specifics.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Darkrai, Mewtwo, Latios, rayquaza, Offensive arceus', tao trio, ho oh, kyogre, etc. Depends on your team build though.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
I think we just listed off the majority of the Ubers tierlist. By the way, what is the definition of an offensive pivot? How do they work?

Edit: so I don't really think that Rayquaza is an offensive pivot... because his defense are pretty awful and has REALLY common weaknesses.

Also, GREAT! GOOD LUCK, jackm!!!

I disagree with Darkrai and to an extent Mewtwo, they don't have the required bulk to fill the role.

Anyways, an offensive pivot is a Pokemon that offensive teams use to switch in and gain momentum, often threatening the opponent by way of sheer force or speed. Because they need to be able to switch in, offensive pivots generally need to be able to take a handful of common attacks, which is why Darkrai and sortof Mewtwo don't fill the role very well.

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been trying to make Arceus-Flying work recently as since flying is a really great type offensively and it seems like it could be really cool with the right support, so I'm wondering if anyone has tried to use it in the past to much avail, or what they think could be some good partners for it?

Oh and just putting it out there that if either of guys start an Ubers CCAT I'd also be keen to participate.

What about Lando-T and Scizor as offensive pivots? I'm not a big fan of the later in Ubers but Lando is cool enough to not be overlooked.

SR is the firsr problem that hops out when using Flyceus so you might want to consider a more reliable spinner. Specail walls like Chancey, Arceus, Jiraci, etc. are going to be a pain so you'll want something that can deal with those. Blissey Boxer is a top notch lure for the first as nobody uses it but there are some other mixed set options (on typically special mons) you can try. I've never really used the set so I can't sat much more.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
What offensive sword dance arceus check/counter are there,besides an opposing arceus form and terrakion?

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
Skarmory, Giratina(-o), Lugia, Groudon etc. Anything that can take at least one hit and phaze/toxic/burn it.

What offensive sword dance arceus check/counter are there,besides an opposing arceus form and terrakion?
I use cobalion instead of terrakion because:

1. It can't be toxed
2. volt switch to break sturdy
3. Iron Head as a reliable Alternative to deal to some extend with Kyurems ( yes I know that Close Combat is better, but sometimes you can't CC)

Most importantly:
4. MUCH more bulk physicaly, which helps you switching in Outrages and Revenging something on spot like Rayquaza etc. (Even if your stone edge is weaker than Terrakion)

Try it out, it won't dissappoint you: It's especially useful in the case it got some damage prior as it doesn't die as easily to ESpeed of Arceus as Terrakion

^Above:
Skarmory dies to Fire Moves (although nowadays rare I agree)
Giratina dies to Shadow Claw (not rare)
Groudon is a good check
Lugia depends on rocks in play

Lum Berry /Refresh+Lefties(rare) prevents random burns etc. and phazing doesn't solve the Problem entirely, although I'm not trying to say that your suggestions are bad.

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
SD Arceus never carry any fire move, and i can even say that Skarmory is the best switch in for these version. Giratina take 52.28 - 61.43% from Shadow Claw +2, so you can retaliate with wow/dragon tail, that's why he's considered as a check and not a counter. Lugia depends on rocks indeed.

Refresh lefties doesnt exist, and by phazing it, you can avoid being swept by him with some entry hazards since he cant setup all the day without recover.

Just wanted to point out that he asked for an offensive check/counter. Anyways, there isn't really much in that department as offensive teams are the ones that suffer the most from the boosted priority attacks. Lando-T with Superpower (needs LO or CB) is the most reliable offensive counter to Ekiller. I have yet to build a solid spread but if you run max Def and Atk with a Choice Band you can tank a boosted ESpeed and OHKO back. The flying typing goes a long way as it gives him a Spikes immunity while the ground typing saves him from a SR weakness. Even if you don't have the HP to survive Ekiller you can still cut his attack with intimidate.

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus-Normal ExtremeSpeed vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Landorus-T: 224-265 (70.21 - 83.07%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Superpower vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Normal: 398-470 (90.24 - 106.57%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

There some offensive checks like Kabutops and Omastar under Rain. Go10 has had success with Fightceus but you will need to bother him for the spread since I don't know it. There is also my buddy, Sableye, who may not be very offensive but he brings a lot of good utilities such as spin blocking, Taunting Deo-S leads and crippling physical cleaners.

Cobalion is not viable in ubers, as its offensive STAB combo is outclassed by Terrakion who also sports much higher attack and equally as good typing to take on E-killer. I don't understand how it can work at all since 90 base attack isn't good even in UU where it belongs.

On offensive teams I'd use Giratina-O, maybe Fightceus, Terrakion (yeah I know you know). Groudon is good on offensive teams too, while not exactly being very offensive itself it still provides rocks. Other than that, a good way is having few pokes it can actually set up on without taking huge damage.

Omastar destroys Extremekiller with Hazard support (beware of Hydro Miss). Choice Band Kabutops can do the same.

Terrakion does really well, but needs hazards because if it doesn't OHKO with Close Combat, Arceus will kill it with Brick Break or Earthquake.

more of a technical question today, but i'm not sure where to post it so it's going here

i got an arceus holding the splash plate traded back to me by my friend. i saw on the status screen when dumping it in the PC that it had a gold ring (instead of blue) in its sprite, but was still listed as a water-type. when i tested this in battle, it was still gold. would this be a legal bluff to use online, or not?

blitzlefan

shake it off!
For the ubers voice challenge, must we use a new alt or is a current one okay? Also... what are the benefits of meeting the reqs? (I don't really get what's meant by "voice".)

Voice means that you can speak during moderated chat and acknowledges your achievement, sortof like a badge.

Celebi is immune to ground types and resists Psychic moves. It can also resist powerful Rain-boosted water moves that Poisonceus really does not like taking.

Feel free to use Pokemon that abhor Toxic Spikes, such as Groudon and Chansey. For example, Rock polish/SD Groudon will love the lack of Toxic Spikes.

Something that resists Arceus-Poisons weaknesses, which are Ground and Psychic, could be used. I think Skarmory fits that bill perfectly, however, Arceus-Poison doesn't resist Skarms weaknesses, so I Giratina-O could complement the core somewhat since it resists Fire and Electric moves as well.

I'd rather use Tentacruel on a stall team, however, since it gets two great utility moves in Rapid Spin and Toxic Spikes while having much less opportunity cost.

I was wondering that is Nasty Plot Deoxys-A released? I saw on bulbapedia that it's supposed to get NP and Dark Pulse from an event.
Another little thing, mainly because I wanted someone else's opinion on this - will NP Deo-A be viable? I ran some (actually, a lot of) calcs and found out that -

Deoxys-Attack @Life Orb
252 SAtk/252 Spe
Modest
Nasty Plot
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Dark Pulse

This guy, SR+spikes down, OHKOes everything at +2. The only problems with this set would be that it's literally impossible to set up without Wobbuffet locking something into a non-attacking move, and its simply overkill.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
No, personally, I don't think NP Deo-A is very viable at all. Why? Due to it's frailty, chances are, it won't get any chances to set up, as it'll be swiftly KO'd by any move. Running a Life Orb over Focus Sash means that it must set up on a non-attacking move, which no competent player will let it do. Also, running a specially-oriented set means it doesn't have access to priority, meaning opposing priority users won't think twice before KO'ing it. Giratina-O and Arceus-Normal will easily OHKO Deoxys-A before it even has a chance to set up. Opposing Choice Scarf users will also swiftly KO Deo-A, as max Speed base 90s will outspeed and kill it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)