Tier Shift Metagame (THIS IS BW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using my OU team to good effect. Everyone seems to underestimate the reasons why OU mons are OU. My EB Mamo seems to tear apart lots of teams.

well keep in mind so far most of the people on the ladder probably not really good or are unaware of how best to use the boosted mons.

the best mons in tier shift are the ones who are pretty much only in the lowers tiers because they are out classed stat wise.

I guess I'll jut say what I've been using all yesterday since I prob won't use it again.
Swanna is a big monster in rain that outspeeda a ton of common ou mons.
Feraligatr destroys everything at +2 in the rain, can also take a hit.
Piloswine is the bulkiest mofo in the world.
Other than that I plan to see how specs executor in the sun with its boosted spatt/speed.

I'd like to bring to attention Hail, the new dominant weather.

How so?

Let's look at Abomasnow. 95/97/80/97/90/65
Meh. Mediocre.
How about Walrein? 125/95/105/110/105/80
Now we're talkin'!
Glaceon? 80/75/125/145/110/80
Factor in Ice Body for Glaceon and Walrein, and you have 2 powerful mons right there!
But what about a spinner? If you want to use Cyrogonal, he's at a respectable 80/60/40/105/145/115
Okay speed and an incredible Special wall, plus Rapid Spin.
Piloswine works as a great Stealth Rocker, at 115/115/95/75/75/65
That's a respectable HP and some Attack to boot.

Obviously, you don't want 5 Ice types, but that's just a sample of Hail's newfound power. Maybe not the best weather, but much more viable then before.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think it's going to take a month or two before this metagame even begins to solidify. The boosting increases the options EXPONENTIALLY for people and opens the door wide open for hundreds of different combinations and strategies. I really hope they consider keeping it longer than a month to give it time to develop. I'm personally looking forward to using the forgotten starters of NU like Meganium, Torterra, and Samurott.

Let's also not forget about hidden gems like Linoone and Electabuzz :)

I think it's going to take a month or two before this metagame even begins to solidify. The boosting increases the options EXPONENTIALLY for people and opens the door wide open for hundreds of different combinations and strategies. I really hope they consider keeping it longer than a month to give it time to develop. I'm personally looking forward to using the forgotten starters of NU like Meganium, Torterra, and Samurott.

Let's also not forget about hidden gems like Linoone and Electabuzz :)
Yes. Hopefull the OMOTM recieves a permanent spot on the board, seeing as it will start to attract people who see it. That way, we can get a very diverse metagame going, especially as October approaches and shakes everything up again.

Scolipede:
70/100/99/65/79/122
Hello Choice Band STAB Megahorn! Scolipede had its niche in OU of outspeeding the Lati twins and OHKOing with Megahorn, but now it can outspeed Starmie and Gengar! Its great coverage (Megahorn, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Aqua Tail, and Superpower) will allow it to do very well offensively. The defenses are still a bit low for Baton Passing, though.
With Scolipede's drop to nu or at least on showdown, there has been no amendment to it's analysis, gives it these base stats:

75/105/104/70/84/127

So it just got a little scarier.

Musharna is a very good special wall or utility pokemon sporting 131/70/100/122/110/44 base stats now, and that it has a very good support move pool - notably: heal bell, toxic, thunder wave, moonlight, calm mind, and baton pass. It does have a recovery move, however unreliable moonlight may be. Dark and bug types are really a problem to it though; choice scarf staraptor has been working as a very good team mate to it with brave bird and close combat.

I've been using my OU team to good effect. Everyone seems to underestimate the reasons why OU mons are OU. My EB Mamo seems to tear apart lots of teams.
Definitely. All the eviolite mons are cool, but Ferrothorn still walls plenty many, many things. Of course the synergy options for the good OU mons are greatly increased.

Tiershift is easily one of the most exciting ladders of all time. It presents so much variety to the stale ou metagame with many new threats such as archeops and slaking. I really hope that this ladder will stay forever :>

Swagsbuck:95/115/85/75/85/110

Epic chlorophyll plz

Question: Shedinja will have base 16 hp? how does that work?...
Edit: On the actual ladder sheddy has base 16 hp which comes to 173hp with 0EVs

Shedinja has 16 Hp. Period.
That's pretty much it so it doesn't die for any residual damage and is able to recover Hp with Pain Split though now it dies to any SE attack since no longer has a Focus Sash

I don't think so. Shedinja has 1 Base HP because the game needs a base stat, but 1 Base HP should mean (with 0Evs/Ivs) 112 HP at level 100, not 1. Thus, Shedinja should continue have 1 HP.

I just use my NU team here, let's see where this ends.
Some NU Pokés are pretty cool. Missy has huge bulk, and the synergy on this team is pretty good.

Scolipede rapes my team but well yeah. That's the reason to use an alt atm xD

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
I feel most people think that OU pokes are useless here, but I feel like they are still useful. Regigigas is an absolute monster in this though. I recently tried this out, and it is imo the best original meta that was thought of recently. Really like it.

I'm just laughing with glee at the thought of a 80/87/70/107/70/118 Galvantula. No need for a Life Orb, I'm gonna run Expert Belt. It's 10 Base stat points away from Gastrodon.

I don't think so. Shedinja has 1 Base HP because the game needs a base stat, but 1 Base HP should mean (with 0Evs/Ivs) 112 HP at level 100, not 1. Thus, Shedinja should continue have 1 HP.
This is correct.

Shedinja's HP stat isn't calculated normally. It is always 1.

The main thing with this metagame is that too many people are just theorymonning bad pokemon and trying to use them against top tier ones.

In the long run 5-15 isn't THAT big of a difference when generally those pokeon don't have the typing or moves to make use of them.

There are however, a few pokemon that really shine with the boosts.

Cresselia receiving +10 to all of its stats is godly, being able to wall nearly the entire metagame barring a few things like Flash Fire Choice Specs Overheat from Chandelure.

Specially Defensive Aloma is amazing, because its niche of absorbing the strongest neutrals in NU can be passed to other steel types or walls that can do it much better. Instead it actually becomes an extremely sturdy mixed wall that passes massive Wishes. Obviously its benefits over Chansey is Regenerator and the ability to spread burns.

Exeggutor is borderline unstoppable in the Sun and generally Venusaur is now outclassed as a Clorophyll Sweeper. It is worse in almost every way and really its only remaining niche is as a SubSeeder and as a manual Sunny Day sweeper since it is still SLIGHTLY bulkier than Victrebel...who can run pretty much the same stuff.

I know, but right now, every Shedinja has 16 HP, with most of them using Swords Dance set with Sucker Punch, X-Scissor and some coverage

If only ShedNinja got Pain Split ^^

And this is a really intresting tier

Pikachu with the equivalent of base140 Atk Volt Tackle and base105 speed +plus a small boost to his defenses to make taking hits a little better

I've been playing on the ladder a bit today and I love it. Really hope this becomes a permanent metagame and is regulated like the other tiers banlist and such.

Things I've noticed:
1. Weather kind of a big deal. Some abusers in lower tiers really benefit and become monsters. Example: Stoutland with Choice Band.

2. Ursaring with Toxic orb and quick feet/guts is just stupid powerful.

3. Charizard is very good despite the Rocks weakness. In my experience playing against it Sunny Day + 3 attacks is probably its best set.

4. Variety makes team building for this is very hard. You just don't know what it going to be used or how it will be used.

Anyone use Pikachu in the rain yet? Is it any good? I've been meaning to try it out. I would join a Tier Shift tourney in a heartbeat.

I've been playing on the ladder a bit today and I love it. Really hope this becomes a permanent metagame and is regulated like the other tiers banlist and such.
I think, ideally, this tier wouldn't need a ban list... just more stat play.

Speaking of banlists, mixed deffensive Alomomola is beastly... It's so effective, in fact, that I feel bad for using it. (sort of how I felt using Ferrothorn the first time)

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

I know, but right now, every Shedinja has 16 HP, with most of them using Swords Dance set with Sucker Punch, X-Scissor and some coverage
The game uses Shedinja as an exception to the normal stat rules. Shedinja doesn't get any boost in its HP because the game has it set so that it will never have more than 1 HP.

Carracosta kills all. 89/123/148/98/80/47. Add in no resistances to its moves, shell smash and solid rock. Setting up isn't too hard either, and things that beat it are rare.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Regigigas and Slaking on paper seem to be relatively decent despite their awful abilities. If anything Slaking is surely going to ensure an OHKO on a lot of things with 175 base attack and 115 speed and Regigigas would make a pretty good wall with 125/125/125 defenses and access to Thunder Wave, Knock Off and Confuse Ray.
Has anyone tried using them?

Also, what about Shuckle? While 25 base offenses and 20 base speed still suck, they might be just enough to make use of Shell Smash if you combine it with Power Split. It also gets very good coverage from EdgeQuake combo. Still Taunt bait though.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Light Screen
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
Claydol is my new spinning friend. A slight bulk boost, plus the property it already carried of resisting all hazards.

I have to wonder, based on the battles I've had so far... how many of these Pokemon have really become OU? Some really love the boost, but so many others seem to be hurting for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)